Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bringerofdeath']so to whoever has finished this game is it pretty short? im contemplating on this since i have a big backlog[/QUOTE]

You can get through the whole thing in maybe 8-10 hours. Getting a platinum rises it to maybe 20-30 hours.

That last (secret) level is hard as balls. Took us like two hours playing four-player the other night. Super Meat Boy levels of difficulty, seriously.
That being said, this game is TOTALLY AWESOME and a freaking steal at $20, especially if you have friends you can invite over to play with.

[quote name='Dranakin']Okay, I couldn't hold out. Picked up a copy for the PS3. To the backlog it goes![/QUOTE]

Same here. Still available for free shipping. Looking forward to it....whenever that is.

So glad it came back in stock. A friend brought this over and we did 3-player. This game is like a more fluid-moving New Super Mario Bros. Michel Ancel saying he doesn't like Mario games is basically a straight-up dick move, considering how many elements in this game were taken directly from New Super Mario Bros. Wii:

Timed red coins with accompanying music
When you die, you become a controllable bubble that your partner must pop
4-player co-op abuse (which goes back to Guardian Heroes, but still)

[quote name='spmahn']You can get through the whole thing in maybe 8-10 hours. Getting a platinum rises it to maybe 20-30 hours.[/QUOTE]

I'm 15 hours in and still haven't beaten the game, personally. Have not been jerking around either, any time i've replayed levels a lot its because i needed more of those pink guys to unlock other levels/bosses, etc. I might just suck though. :D

Not a platformer fan really, and have been very pleasantly surprised by how good this game is. I thought the 'cute' style would annoy me to no end, but that hasn't been the case at all. Some of the faster levels (usually involving sliding down stuff) bring back feelings of the good days of Sonic The Hedghehog to me.

I was hesitant to pick this up because I hadn't enjoyed past Rayman games, but I'm really glad I bought it. I love the collecting mechanic, where instead of being preplaced, the collectibles must be released and then quickly gathered. It gives the gameplay a unique feel even in the framework of a standard platformer.

FINALLY got the platinum on this tonight. Some the Treasure Chest chase stages are ludicrously hard, and a few of the Nitro Trophies, particularly on swimming stages that require fast movements and super accurate controls, are brutally hard too. Definitely feel like I've accomplished something here though, great game, absolutely worth the $30 I paid. Now time to dust off the Wii and start Skyward Sword.

im on grumbling grottos right now. so far it hasnt really been hard for me at all. i only had to replay a few levels to get the 300(or less depending on the level) lums and most time trials i can ace in a few tries.

they could have made this plat/1000 cheevo WAY harder by making you get the ribbon for 350 lums on every stage and having the time trials be the entire stage.

Just picked up the PS3 version in store for $19.99 w/ a $25 GC I had from Dec. Xmas shopping (2 copies of Pokemon Rumble Blast). Then went back to store and returned - unopened - the Wii version I bought online w/ the $20 GC for $10 from Google and got a $21.71 no restriction GC. Was going to buy a tabletop foosball or air hockey table but TRU is sorely lacking in that department, despite what their website says. Still have $12 in store credit from Xmas shopping - not good on video games, accessories, etc. - that expires 1/28.

So, if anybody wants to tell me good job for swapping the Wii for PS3 version, thanks. If for some reason I'm going to regret it, well I figure the PS3 version will have a better trade-in value, though at the moment Amazon isn't accepting either one.

bread's done
Back