Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheKbob']Nabbed one in store. Toys 'R Us sucks as a retail location...[/QUOTE]

O really? Guess you haven't paid attention to the deals that TRU has had in the past. Uh yeah, TRU sucks :roll:

[quote name='Donut2922']O really? Guess you haven't paid attention to the deals that TRU has had in the past. Uh yeah, TRU sucks :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think he was talking about the locations of the stores

Damn TrU. What the hell? Oh well, it better ship this week. It wasn't that interesting, to me, for me to drive across town for.

FINALLY got my shipping notice after 10pm Pacific. Will be here Weds apparently, even though it is already in my state.

So the use of the $6 coupon to get $5 off was worth it after all. Now I don't have to drag myself 10 miles to a TRU to buy something random by the 13th to use that coupon ;).

according to the tracking detail, it left Indianapolis 10 minutes ago. I live in Chicago suburbs, so it looks like I don't have much time to wait. If I get it today that would be awesome, but I'm really not in a super hurry to get it. If I get it on Friday I'd still consider that pretty good time.

I'm a handful of states away from where it ships, but I think the tracking information is just late. If it really shipped Monday, then no way I get it on Tuesday. One day shipping just doesn't happen even if you are a state away.

[quote name='bigpoeticcanine']also ordered mine friday, tracking says it's out for delivery today :d[/quote]
+1

-Update-
Arrived :)

[quote name='Link2999']That's my TRU too. I just ordered online though. Ordered twice because I didn't know my $5 code would work online and much less, on video games. So now I'm waiting for these two to ship and will either return the $20 one to TRU for credit (used a Giftcard on it) or go to my closer Walmart and return it for $60 Walmart credit there.

Edit: 5mins later and I get my first shipment notice :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='def PD']Oh wow~ So did I and my friend I was with, at the very same TRU. :D:bouncy:

Neither of was planning on purchasing this game until it was under $30 and low-and-behold, we randomly walk into the TRU and I saw the sale sign.

It will sit in both of our backlogs unfortunately. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nice to see some locals on here. I almost stopped at the Toy R Us in Newington, but it was easier to hit the West Hartford one. This was literally the first game I've bought at a Toys R Us in YEARS. It's odd to see them have the best price on something.

I tried informing walmart of the huge price drop, and asked if they could price match. Walmart is still selling it for $59.99. They told me they do not price match every day items, it has to be in an add. So I asked the CORP WALMART Customer Service rep "So you don't have everyday low prices?" and she said, "NO, we don't" I laughed and then said ok guess I will go save $40, and they hung up. Good going Walmart

[quote name='musicjunkie']All you guys getting it today are lucky.

My tracking number says it will be here Sunday......right.[/QUOTE]

Haha same here. Oh well, I wasn't in a big rush for it anyway.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']I'm still holding out hope for an Amazon PM. The only TRU in San Francisco closed ages ago.[/QUOTE]

It would be great, but I doubt it since TRU is sold out online.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']I'm still holding out hope for an Amazon PM. The only TRU in San Francisco closed ages ago.[/QUOTE]

Amazon pretty much takes a break from price matching starting the 1st of the year, and usually won't start up again until sometime in February...

(At least that's been what I've noticed the last few years-They haven't matched any DVD/Blu-Ray prices from any retailers the last 2 weeks....)

Amazon pretty much takes a break from price matching starting the 1st of the year, and usually won't start up again until sometime in February...

(At least that's been what I've noticed the last couple years-They haven't matched any DVD/Blu-Ray prices from any retailers the last 2 weeks....)

[quote name='spawnvader']Amazon pretty much takes a break from price matching starting the 1st of the year, and usually won't start up again until sometime in February...

(At least that's been what I've noticed the last couple years-They haven't matched any DVD/Blu-Ray prices from any retailers the last 2 weeks....)[/QUOTE]

I figured it was a long shot. But hey, my backlog is still massive after BF/Holiday sales (still haven't busted the shrinkwrap on Uncharted 3) and by the time I have room hopefully Rayman and Sonic Generations will have hit $20. Got both through GameFly awhile back and would love to go back and finish them.

Of course by then it'll probably be time for Mass Effect 3 to drop and then all life as I know it is over. Curse you backlog and awesome game releases!

Did anyone else who ordered later in the day on Friday have their order go on backorder (after initially saying in-stock)? I'm assuming since they stopped letting people order it that those who got one in should be okay, since it's not like it's out of print or anything. I'm definitely not in a rush, I just want to know that it will show up eventually.

i just pick up a copy for the ps3 they didnt have a lot of copys for ps3 but for the xbox they had like 10 copys
on the south wads store in denver

Does anyone know if you can return an ordered game online to your local TRU? I got my game today and the case was crushed. A plastic case was almost broken in half and pieces fell out all over when I took the plastic off. It's still sealed on the inside though.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Does anyone know if you can return an ordered game online to your local TRU? I got my game today and the case was crushed. A plastic case was almost broken in half and pieces fell out all over when I took the plastic off. It's still sealed on the inside though.[/QUOTE]Yes. I've talked to Customer Service about a similar situation where my shipped item was damaged. The rep. told me I could go to a local store and exchange product.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Does anyone know if you can return an ordered game online to your local TRU? I got my game today and the case was crushed. A plastic case was almost broken in half and pieces fell out all over when I took the plastic off. It's still sealed on the inside though.[/QUOTE]
In case they don't give you a straight exchange in the store.

They give you store credit if you return an online order to the store. If the price in store is still $20, you can just buy it again with the credit.

TRU told me that if I opened the factory plastic, I can't return it. Total BS. I didn't notice my case was smashed until I opened it because it was the first thing I did when I got the game. I went to play it, opened the plastic and noticed it.

Total BS. There's gotta be something I can do.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']TRU told me that if I opened the factory plastic, I can't return it. Total BS. I didn't notice my case was smashed until I opened it because it was the first thing I did when I got the game. I went to play it, opened the plastic and noticed it.

Total BS. There's gotta be something I can do.[/QUOTE]If you know your local TRU staff, you could always go in and explain to them the situation and what you'd like to do. Be polite about it and maybe one of the managers will be willing to help you out. It doesn't hurt to try. Just don't be rude about it.

Just got my Wii version delivered today - Tuesday - after ordering it Sat. night. Really fast for free shipping. And I'm REALLY glad the back of the box shows a nunchuck, I hate holding the Wiimote sideways.

[quote name='robodaddyo']If you know your local TRU staff, you could always go in and explain to them the situation and what you'd like to do. Be polite about it and maybe one of the managers will be willing to help you out. It doesn't hurt to try. Just don't be rude about it.[/QUOTE]

I did that. They said they can only give me a store credit, but they are sold out of the game. I just will go to BB and price match, so that credit does me no good. I'm just going to mail it back anyway and then buy one from BB. If they send me my game back, I'll keep mailing it back until I get my refund.

Damn, I wish I would've known about this when I was at TRU the other night. Looks like I'll be heading back over there when the Mrs. gets home.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I did that. They said they can only give me a store credit, but they are sold out of the game. I just will go to BB and price match, so that credit does me no good. I'm just going to mail it back anyway and then buy one from BB. If they send me my game back, I'll keep mailing it back until I get my refund.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great plan. :drool:

[quote name='confoosious']That sounds like a great plan. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Great? Don't devalue the plan. I was thinking incredible or amazing.

bread's done
Back