Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dEvAnGeL']I'm in love with this game, i game on pc most of the time so playing a game on my console at first feels weird, low res textures and half the framerate but this game, this freaking game looks and runs absolutely beautifully, the art, the music!! I have the tunes stuck on my head, specially the ones when you turn those golden like insects in red! That tune is awesome! back to play![/QUOTE]

You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaCjaTaF7NA&feature=related

I personally really enjoyed this tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV0MJ4NfW1E&feature=related

[quote name='jalu6']Got an Xbox copy tonight. Didn't see any sales signage but it rang up $19.99. Plenty of copies of Xbox and PS3 at Cherry Hill, NJ store.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow you the first local I've ever seen here o_O

At first I was not going to get this game. A friend of mine and I saw it at Garden State Park 's Bestbuy and decided to price match it as an impulse purchase. We got the last 2 copy for the PS3. If the price match would of failed, my friend said he would of gone to Toys R Us. Pretty cool to know there's CAGs that go to the same store. I will be going there as soon they send me my R' Us Dollar Coupons from dec 12-22.

I got to say this game Co-op is so much fun! I have little cousins who are 7 and 9 year old and they die often but they have so much fun with it. I love the way they design co-op to not cost lives, remind me of Tails from Sonic 2.

man i just got done playing the demo since i wasn't sure if i wanted to buy it but now that i do i'm sad to have missed out on this deal :( too bad there isn't a toys r us near me

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Why wouldn't they just do it without coaxing? It's their policy.[/QUOTE]

Well I believe their actual written policy is that they match a competitor's in-store prices with some type of proof (i.e. weekly ad). Unfortunately, this deal is not advertised and not in the weekly-ad. They didn't HAVE to price match it based on my print out.

I also put YMMV because in the past, the Best Buy I frequent has had issues with price matching even when I do have a competitor's weekly ad. I think it also says in the fine print that ultimately it's at the store's discretion whether to match the price or not, which makes the 'price match guarantee' pretty easy to get out of for the store. Usually a complaint to a manager/supervisor or corporate will yield results, but it is a hassle to have to do that. Their policy changes often too so I'm not surprised if an employee doesn't know what the latest policy is (price match with gift card offers, etc.)

In my case, the cashier initially said no because the price difference was too great. Then she said even if the price difference wasn't so great, the game is not available in store at toyrus and only online. When I let her know that toysrus was selling it in store at the same price and she could call to check, she then went back to 'the price difference is too great' and that 'it's probably a misprint or limited quantity item. Again YMMV.

What krazykidd said usually when I get Best Buy to price match something I take it to the customer service desk and they almost always call the store that has the item on sale to see if its in stock (ie "their proof"). If it is they will match it, if it is not they won't. Also, the local competitor has to be within a 25 mile radius of the Best Buy. I just thought it was funny that the manager didn't even attempt to call the TRU today when I asked for the price match he just looked it up online and said sure. I thought maybe it was because he heard my message tone go off, its the metal gear solid codec noise, and we started chatting it up about the metal gear series.

I got a copy from my Toys R Us. It had a sticker under the game saying "Sale 19.99". They had like 5-10 copies left at the Buford,GA location

I also notice Ravings Rabbids Alive and Kicking and PowerUp Heroes had a sticker under them saying "Buy one get one free". I dont know the details about that. Ill go back tomorrow and report my findings.

[quote name='arcadegamer']i that in the store today for $20 didnt buy great price try to another game or i would bought it[/QUOTE]

wut

Got this at my local(ish) Toys R Us in Webster, Texas. Would have missed it if not for the deal alert text, so thanks Hqn and CAG!

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I just checked my status, I ordered Friday afternoon, it says it's located in the warehouse so it should ship tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Someone else said theirs shipped. My order also says "Item(s) located in stock". After the Best Buy fiasco I will always worry now until I get a tracking number.

Picked this up yesterday...mostly watching my kid play so far.

It looks like a solid game, and damn...beautiful.

This is an unbelievable price for this game, anyone who plays it will instantly fall in love. It's so great to see so much creativity in a game.

I picked it up for the PS3 in Lancaster pa last night. After playing it for an hour I found the game a lot if fun.

I wish I would have gotten it on the 360 since that's my main console at home. I keep the PS3 at my gf's house which I barely have time for.

[quote name='padlok']I keep the PS3 at my gf's house which I barely have time for.[/QUOTE]

Oh SNAP, padlok's girlfriend!

[quote name='arcadegamer']i that in the store today for $20 didnt buy great price try to another game or i would bought it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']wut[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmdragon']I accidentally..... the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']who me would leave alone for 12 days[/QUOTE]

deal or not is in-store? drop wait to $5. et tu, brute? backlog is massive

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']One of the best platformers in recent memory and it's fucking gorgeous. Please support this gem and stop buying First Person Shooters![/QUOTE]

Will do at $9.99

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']One of the best platformers in recent memory and it's fucking gorgeous. Please support this gem and stop buying First Person Shooters![/QUOTE]

It's too late for that and quite a shame. Rayman Origins completely bombed at retail as shown by this clearance.

When it gets on a B1G1 half off sale with MW3, I'll consider it.

[quote name='drock']It's too late for that and quite a shame. Rayman Origins completely bombed at retail as shown by this clearance.[/QUOTE]

Or this is just typical Ubisoft.

Not arguing that it didn't do well since again Ubisoft was so smart and released this around the busiest time of the year with several AAA titles being released it was set up to fail.

Played for an hour or so, it's worth the $20 easy. If you don't smile while playing it, then you're dead on the inside.

Bestbuy wouldn't pricematch because they said online only, whatever. i told them i would go pick it up at tru and return it with my receipt, they said just don't open it, lol.

went to tru and picked it up for 19.99, last one too, woot. used 10/20 google coupon, woot. thanx alot

also that storage thing i bought the other day at tru for 30down to 15down to 7.50 was worthless for ps3 games. they made it for old ps games/360/dvds, so ps3 games just fell right through the slots, returned it today. supercheap but doesn't help me if it doesnt hold my games...

[quote name='TheKbob']Played for an hour or so, it's worth the $20 easy. If you don't smile while playing it, then you're dead on the inside.[/QUOTE]

It's worth full price. $20 is a steal.

Edit. I realize price has dropped but if you are going to buy it new, do it now. Great game, at least show a little support. I hope they make more Rayman games. My kids love them and this one is amazing.

picked up a copy on yesterday, my daughter and I play two hours of it. freaking amazing game especially with coop. wish I had more ps3 controllers. The game alone is worth its price but if you have a young one, get this game ASAP.

[quote name='Velo214']Bestbuy wouldn't pricematch because they said online only, whatever. i told them i would go pick it up at tru and return it with my receipt, they said just don't open it, lol.

went to tru and picked it up for 19.99, last one too, woot. used 10/20 google coupon, woot. thanx alot

also that storage thing i bought the other day at tru for 30down to 15down to 7.50 was worthless for ps3 games. they made it for old ps games/360/dvds, so ps3 games just fell right through the slots, returned it today. supercheap but doesn't help me if it doesnt hold my games...[/QUOTE]
I think JCPenney's had some sort of a combination game system shelf/game rack a while ago for like $20-30. It was on clearance for 6 months or so.

It was something along the lines of this LevelUp game storage tower for 360(but for PS3;)): http://www.squidoo.com/video-game-system-organizers

[quote name='Velo214']Bestbuy wouldn't pricematch because they said online only, whatever. i told them i would go pick it up at tru and return it with my receipt, they said just don't open it, lol.

also that storage thing i bought the other day at tru for 30down to 15down to 7.50 was worthless for ps3 games. they made it for old ps games/360/dvds, so ps3 games just fell right through the slots, returned it today. supercheap but doesn't help me if it doesnt hold my games...[/QUOTE]

My BB price matched no problem. What I did was I called before I even got there and asked if they would price match. Told them from where and for how much and they did the rest. I showed up an hour later, payed 20 bucks and left with my game.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']My BB price matched no problem. What I did was I called before I even got there and asked if they would price match. Told them from where and for how much and they did the rest. I showed up an hour later, payed 20 bucks and left with my game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, dudes at your best buy must be cool. I price-matched a Simpsons DVD from a target ad, the manager who had to approve it acted like I was robbing him personally. I fucking hate best buy.

[quote name='RollingSkull']When it gets on a B1G1 half off sale with MW3, I'll consider it.[/QUOTE]

Your comments are usually awful, but I must admit I laughed at that one.

Does anyone know TRU's track record for items on back order? I'd get it in-store but I was able to use my rewards dollars that they won't use in-store towards a game anymore and ordered it on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt need any storage, but for 7.50(2.50 w coupon) it was a steal. except it doesn't hold games, so that's a fail.

and yeah they should pm, but i think they were busy and didnt want to call and i had the ad printed from internet and they were just like yeah it's online only we don't pm online.
whatev, no prob, ill return the tru copy at bestbuy tomorrow. (already had them pm gamestop when it was 30)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think JCPenney's had some sort of a combination game system shelf/game rack a while ago for like $20-30. It was on clearance for 6 months or so.

It was something along the lines of this LevelUp game storage tower for 360(but for PS3;)): http://www.squidoo.com/video-game-system-organizers[/QUOTE]
Us SD folks got it from JCP for around $11. Only picked it up to hold the guitars.
[quote name='Velo214']i didnt need any storage, but for 7.50(2.50 w coupon) it was a steal. except it doesn't hold games, so that's a fail.[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about the ottoman I picked it up from TRU for $5 (used $10 in rewards) and the Wii tray for it for $5 from GS. Not bad for the price.

want this game. ill be going to best buy tomorrow after work to see if they price match and if not ill be on my way to TRU

[quote name='SadExchange82']When does this deal end? When is the end for this weekly deal?[/QUOTE]

I think it's the 26th. At the very least, it's advertised in next week's ad.

I just picked this up as 19.99 is the price i was waiting for the whole time. But now i feel kinda like i jumped the gun. My TRU had mounds of this game so i have a feeling its going to go even lower if they need to clear shelf space.

[quote name='klimb22']Us SD folks got it from JCP for around $11. Only picked it up to hold the guitars.[/QUOTE]
I'm on SD too, which is why I mentioned it cuz I remembered it being $20 or less over the summer. It's completely gone from the JcP website now though, so the best one could hope for is to find them in stock in store.

Thanks OP, I got my copy over at bestbuy with price match. I had a little trouble & over heard that its out stock online, but everything went smooth about that.

bread's done
Back