Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed a copy at a Toys R Us in West Hartford yesterday. There was a guy and his kid in front of me grabbing a copy as well.

Was able to go get my original purchase (that was bought PM-ing Gamestop) dropped down to $19.99

No need to return and rebuy just a straight price adjustment.

[quote name='klimb22']If you're talking about the ottoman I picked it up from TRU for $5 (used $10 in rewards) and the Wii tray for it for $5 from GS. Not bad for the price.[/QUOTE]

I was at TRU so I decided to see if I could grab an ottoman, but they were all full MSRP at 29.99.

I ordered it online and under status it still says item located in stock.

Are they slow updating or did they really not shipping yet?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I ordered it online and under status it still says item located in stock.

Are they slow updating or did they really not shipping yet?[/QUOTE]

The same old guy that Best Buy has working for them took a job at TRU. It takes him a few days to locate each item, then he has to put the "finishing touches" on it before shipping it out. Should take only a few more days.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I ordered it online and under status it still says item located in stock.

Mine says the same thing. I'm not in any rush to get the game or anything, I just don't want it to get backordered or cancelled. Hopefully they will ship it later today or tomorrow.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Mine says the same thing. I'm not in any rush to get the game or anything, I just don't want it to get backordered or cancelled. Hopefully they will ship it later today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Why not pick it up instore and return when the shipped copy comes in?

If back ordered then you still get it.

Same boat yet it says it will show up 10th-13th. What's anyone's experience with TRU shipping?

Have a feeling i will still get it within the date but it will just never update on site or I'll never get a tracking number. Happens.

This game is fantastic, one of the best platformers I've played in years. This game is worth buying at any price. Anyone else get some serious Battletoads flashbacks from the levels where you ride in the snakes?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Why not pick it up instore and return when the shipped copy comes in?

If back ordered then you still get it.[/QUOTE]

To much of a hassle for me lol I'm just going to wait it out. Sucks that shoprunner doesn't work with games.

[quote name='poopdogjr']I grabbed a copy at a Toys R Us in West Hartford yesterday. There was a guy and his kid in front of me grabbing a copy as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow~ So did I and my friend I was with, at the very same TRU. :D:bouncy:

Neither of was planning on purchasing this game until it was under $30 and low-and-behold, we randomly walk into the TRU and I saw the sale sign.

It will sit in both of our backlogs unfortunately. :lol:

[quote name='emperordahc']There is no online co-op for any version of this game.[/QUOTE]

Huh. My mistake. I saw it had 4-player and just assumed. Very strange, I wonder why they didn't?

[quote name='poopdogjr']I grabbed a copy at a Toys R Us in West Hartford yesterday. There was a guy and his kid in front of me grabbing a copy as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='def PD']Oh wow~ So did I and my friend I was with, at the very same TRU. :D:bouncy:

Neither of was planning on purchasing this game until it was under $30 and low-and-behold, we randomly walk into the TRU and I saw the sale sign.

It will sit in both of our backlogs unfortunately. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's my TRU too. I just ordered online though. Ordered twice because I didn't know my $5 code would work online and much less, on video games. So now I'm waiting for these two to ship and will either return the $20 one to TRU for credit (used a Giftcard on it) or go to my closer Walmart and return it for $60 Walmart credit there.

Edit: 5mins later and I get my first shipment notice :)

Mine just shipped: mail innovations. I hate mail innovations. They take 3 days longer than any other shipping method. It's like cheap ass punishment for going for the free shipping method.

went to two TRUs looking for an 360 version of the game, but both stores were out; first one only had Wii versions, second one had both ps3 and wii. so i went to the best buy in the same complex, showed customer service the website and got a price match. huzzah!

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']Well that was a waste of $20. This game sucks. Modern Warfare 3 is way better than this piece of crap.[/QUOTE]

Did you eat paint chips as a kid? It's a 2-D Platformer, not a 3-D shooter. What the heck did you expect? Modern Warfare isn't even a fair comparison. It's like comparing a Ford Taurus to a Bugati Veyron: two totally different classes of things.

That said, even if I do end up not liking the game when it shows up on my doorstep, I'll only be out 20 bucks. Certainly not something to cry over. Heck, I could probably even get a good deal of that 20 bucks back in trade in value.

[quote name='preston181']Did you eat paint chips as a kid? It's a 2-D Platformer, not a 3-D shooter. What the heck did you expect? Modern Warfare isn't even a fair comparison. It's like comparing a Ford Taurus to a Bugati Veyron: two totally different classes of things.

That said, even if I do end up not liking the game when it shows up on my doorstep, I'll only be out 20 bucks. Certainly not something to cry over. Heck, I could probably even get a good deal of that 20 bucks back in trade in value.[/QUOTE]

I think he's just bored and trolling. Or else he probably still eats paint chips.

[quote name='preston181']Did you eat paint chips as a kid? It's a 2-D Platformer, not a 3-D shooter. What the heck did you expect? Modern Warfare isn't even a fair comparison. It's like comparing a Ford Taurus to a Bugati Veyron: two totally different classes of things.

That said, even if I do end up not liking the game when it shows up on my doorstep, I'll only be out 20 bucks. Certainly not something to cry over. Heck, I could probably even get a good deal of that 20 bucks back in trade in value.[/QUOTE]

He's just trolling, ignore him.

Yeah, this game is one of the best 2D platformers I have played in a long time. I bought it at $40 and believe it is worth every penny. At $20 it is a no brainer.

[quote name='preston181']. It's like comparing a Ford Taurus to a Bugati Veyron: two totally different classes of things.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, because everyone knows you can't fuk in the non-existant back seat of a Bugatti, but there is plenty of ass to be had in a Taurus^^

Im sorry, I just had to do it.

[quote name='Spyder187']Exactly, because everyone knows you can't fuk in the non-existant back seat of a Bugatti, but there is plenty of ass to be had in a Taurus^^

Im sorry, I just had to do it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... Not much of a back seat in a Bugatti with that big V-16 engine back there.

Just picked up a copy at my local Toys R Us here in Elyria, Ohio. Was not marked down and the employee was very surprised that it was that cheap too. Rung up at $20.

Thanks op.

Thanks OP. Picked up one in Cedar Rapids. When the cashier went back to get my copy he brought out two- one for me and one for himself, haha.

[quote name='robdees']Thanks OP. Picked up one in Cedar Rapids. When the cashier went back to get my copy he brought out two- one for me and one for himself, haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the cashier at my store said he was definitely taking one home too :lol:

[quote name='RudyPants']I ordered mine on Friday and it hasn't shipped yet. Anybody having any shipping issues?[/QUOTE]

Also ordered mine friday just got UPS shipping confirmation should be here tomorrow since it's only one state away

[quote name='RudyPants']I ordered mine on Friday and it hasn't shipped yet. Anybody having any shipping issues?[/QUOTE]

Yup, hasn't shipped yet, was ordered around 2:15PM Central on Friday.

Got my second shipment notice. The (first) $20 one I ordered I got Mail Innovations, no delivery date available. The $15 one I got regular UPS shipping with delivery for tomorrow.

My local TRU was sold out of all copies.

One of the workers said the store sold 30 copies of the game from online orders in one day, and he didn't know why that game sold so many copies in a day after being out for 2 months. :lol:

He also said there might be more copies coming in either tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='LouieT']
One of the workers said the store sold 30 copies of the game from online orders in one day, and he didn't know why that game sold so many copies in a day after being out for 2 months. :lol:[/QUOTE]
That's funny, I don't remember this being available for store pickup.

At $20 you'd have to be soul-less to pass up this beautiful work of art. Do yourselves a favor and pick this up.

[quote name='klimb22']That's funny, I don't remember this being available for store pickup.[/QUOTE]

they could be fufilling online orders with instore stock. my order is coming from a store 100 miles from me.

bread's done
Back