RE 6 Anthology (PS3) / Archives (360) - $89.99 | Update: Preorder Bonus Announced

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
First time I've seen this mentioned. Really good deal for me because I only own RE5 and plan on picking up six at release. Please note that the other games and content are "digital copies".

Cost looks to be $89.99. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else other then the Capcom store.

I'm not sure if it is an exclusive and the site mentions a preorder bonus will be annouced soon; keep in mind unless it sells out prior to release Capcom Store typically will include the bonus items until they run out, even after release.

PLEASE NOTE: The content in the PS3 Anthology version differes from the Xbox 360 Archives version.

See Below:

PS3

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation® 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil® Director’s Cut, Resident Evil® 2, Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil® 4 HD, and Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation® Network.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Director’s Cut - Return to the mansion that started it all! The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team has been sent to the outskirts of a remote Midwestern city to investigate a number of grisly murders. Little do they know the worst is yet to come…
  • Resident Evil® 2 - The T-virus has consumed Raccoon City leaving rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield stranded in a city overtaken by zombies and powerful B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons).
  • Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis - With Raccoon City crumbling, Jill Valentine’s last escape is stopped dead by a monstrous B.O.W. known as the Nemesis, who’s programmed to eliminate the last remaining members of S.T.A.R.S.
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil classic has never looked better!
  • • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to a report of parasitic B.O.W.s terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs, the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”, and PlayStation® Move functionality.
Xbox 360

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the best of the Resident Evil® franchise. Included in this Xbox 360® exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, the feature film Resident Evil® Degeneration, and downloadable copies of Resident Evil® 4 HD, Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil® 5 (with bonus Gold Edition content) redeemable on Xbox LIVE®.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil® franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself?
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil® classic has never looked better!
  • Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island. Discover the beginnings of Umbrella Corp. and the dark family secret behind it all. Relive the survival horror nightmare in high definition!
  • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs and the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”.
UPDATE:

Capcom store just released their preorder bonus. They are offering an Umbrella Umbrella with any RE6 purchase (appears it is also included with the Vanilla veresion); no pictures yet in the listing but I believe they are just going to be giving away this one:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...oductID.169116700/Umbrella-Corp-Umbrella.html

It can be purchased for $16.95 standalone from their website. I currently own one and while on the cheap side it is kind of cool if you are a RE fan.

Keep in mind this bonus is only for ordering RE6 from the Capcom store (Digital River)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']Only comes with 4, CV, and Gold edition on xbox. =[[/QUOTE]

I read the OP, got SUPER EXCITED. Read this and then got sad... : (

Just as an FYI the 360 version comes with a different set of games.
The 360 version is called Archives while the PS3 version is Anthology

Resident Evil 6 Archives 360

Resident Evil 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak.
Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself ?
Resident Evil 4 HD - The President's daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power.
Resident Evil CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island.
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area.

Amazon Links

PS3 Anthology http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0088MVODO
360 Archives http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0088MVODE

Looks like Xbox includes Degeneration animated movie as well.

I will update the OP shortly with the differences. I apologize as I assumed they would be the same for both

Ok I was wonder what the fuck these games weren't released for :360: so here is your :360: version's description. IMO only a "deal" if you own none of these games

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the best of the Resident Evil® franchise. Included in this Xbox 360® exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, the feature film Resident Evil® Degeneration, and downloadable copies of Resident Evil® 4 HD, Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil® 5 (with bonus Gold Edition content) redeemable on Xbox LIVE®.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil® franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself?
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil® classic has never looked better!
  • Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island. Discover the beginnings of Umbrella Corp. and the dark family secret behind it all. Relive the survival horror nightmare in high definition!
  • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs and the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”.

EDIT - If they were on disc. I would def buy this just for RE4 and RE:CVX on disc but alas they are trying to sell me digital air... no thanks

I'd rather have Code Veronica HD than the pixellated PSone Classics of 1, 2, and 3, personally, so I'm good with the 360 version.

That movie you can watch on youtube comes with the xbox version. Good shit to PS3 owners pretty cool deal if you've never played a RE game before

[quote name='GUNNM']That movie you can watch on youtube comes with the xbox version. Good shit to PS3 owners pretty cool deal if you've never played a RE game before[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure anyone who's never played an RE game before will absolutely despise 1-3 and CV; the control scheme and core gameplay/save system has not aged well at all. In fact, I can't think of a single series that has aged worse than the original RE games ahve. :p

It's very early and Capcom has been hit or miss on their preorder bonuses; some have been very cool (3DS Cases, RE: ORC Street Sign) and others not so much (lanyards and bobble buds).

But regardless this will be a good deal for me as the only PS3 bonus content I own is RE5 Gold. I'm not happy they are digital copies but it's not a deal breaker.

Hopefully they announce some sort of cool packaging *Crosses finger for steelbook*

These are just codes for the pre-existing RE downloadable games.

So you're getting the PS1 versions of RE - RE3.

And the games-on-demand versions of all those 360 games.

It blows that the :360: doesn't get 1-3. Still, for an extra $30 you get RE 5 Gold, RE 4 and RE CV. Not bad.

On the PS3, the RE DC, RE2 and RE3 don't have trophy support, right?

[quote name='Kitoro']I'm pretty sure anyone who's never played an RE game before will absolutely despise 1-3 and CV; the control scheme and core gameplay/save system has not aged well at all. In fact, I can't think of a single series that has aged worse than the original RE games ahve. :p[/QUOTE]
I started with 4 and went back and played the originals and I like them more than 4 so I dunno depends on the people I guess.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Where is Resident Evil Zero?!?[/QUOTE]
on the wii

Dag, pretty tempting. I've got RE5/4HD on 360 and RE1 downloaded on my PS3. Played em all, but I'm not sure which console I'd want to populate here.

Thanks for the heads up, TC.

This is the best part of owning all 3 console. You get to pick what you want

I'll pre-order the PS3 version, thanks OP.
I would had prefer them on discs in a nice case

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']It blows that the :360: doesn't get 1-3. Still, for an extra $30 you get RE 5 Gold, RE 4 and RE CV. Not bad.

On the PS3, the RE DC, RE2 and RE3 don't have trophy support, right?[/QUOTE]

no. No trophies.

I already own re5 and re4 on 360. Still want to get Code Veronica. Was waiting for a sale. Maybe I'll just pick this up though and try to sell trade re4 and re5 codes.

If I've never played any of the RE games, which would everyone recommend? I own both ps3 and 360, but I prefer playing on 360 personally. Thanks

[quote name='szechwang']If I've never played any of the RE games, which would everyone recommend? I own both ps3 and 360, but I prefer playing on 360 personally. Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you never played any RE game so far then go with PS3.

The only main RE games you would be missing out on is RE0, which is on GC and Wii, and CVX, which is on PSN. Why it is not included in this pack is beyond stupid to me.

Come on Amazon, open up pre-order for the Special Edition since I don't want to pay $28 for Next Day Shipping via Capcom Store.

At first I was really excited but after thinking about it I am most likely going to pass. I have RE5 (altough not gold) and I am not sure about Code veronica. RE4 is the only thing that would interest me and since it is digital I guess I am better off buying that and just getting the vanilla RE6 either when it drops or at BBY with the $20 RZ cert. Thanks OP. For some people this is a great deal though.

A steelbook like Resdent Evil 5 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City would just about seal the deal for me to pre-order this on Amazon. I Would like these other PSN games on a Disc too but I have a 320GB HD so I'm not worried about having enough HD space. LETS GET THIS ANTHOLOGY A STEELBOOK!!!

For a real Collector's Edition, they need to have ALL of the games. On disc. Nice case, each game has its own disc. RE Zero, 1, 2, 3, CVX, 4, 5 Gold, and 6. Hell throw in the Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles as well - why not? Sell it for $130. THAT would sell, IMO. Splitting the games across the PS3 and 360 - as DLC no less - smacks of pure greed. They are just begging for that handful of "double dippers" to get both for the complete set, (which is somehow missing the outstanding RE Zero). /Rant over.

[quote name='Gators300']For a real Collector's Edition, they need to have ALL of the games. On disc. Nice case, each game has its own disc. RE Zero, 1, 2, 3, CVX, 4, 5 Gold, and 6. Hell throw in the Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles as well - why not? Sell it for $130. THAT would sell, IMO. Splitting the games across the PS3 and 360 - as DLC no less - smacks of pure greed. They are just begging for that handful of "double dippers" to get both for the complete set, (which is somehow missing the outstanding RE Zero). /Rant over.[/QUOTE]

capcom is just being cheap. They haven't ported or HDified REZero so that's why it isn't included. You can already get all the games except Zero on ps3. Re1-3 were never brought out for 360 so again...tgats why they aren't included. More then likely didn't throw Code Veronica in the ps3 one just to even the collections out. Code Verinica plus DVD of Degeneration is about the price of re1,2,and,3. The ps3 version is the better option if you want more games, but they had to give 360 owners something.

It sucks.......but it's Capcom.

its dumb the ps3 ports wont come with trophies at least according to this thread. if it was xbox it would come with achievements. that said i already own the movie degeneration its not great but its not terrible. i own 4 on wii and GC. so for me the most new content is on the ps3. i also already own 5 on the xbox though i dont have the DLC but i havent touched the game in ages.

admittely that is one hell of a deal for 90 bucks you get 7 games.

[quote name='kayne2000']its dumb the ps3 ports wont come with trophies at least according to this thread. if it was xbox it would come with achievements. that said i already own the movie degeneration its not great but its not terrible. i own 4 on wii and GC. so for me the most new content is on the ps3. i also already own 5 on the xbox though i dont have the DLC but i havent touched the game in ages.

admittely that is one hell of a deal for 90 bucks you get 7 games.[/QUOTE]

why would they come with trophies? They already have them on the psn store as ps1 classics. No ps1 classics have trophies.

Keep in mind, everyone, that the 360 version is getting timed exclusive DLC for RE6. May not matter to most, but just wanted to make sure it's known.

If everything was on disc I would double dip.

But I already have 2, 3, CVX, 4 as digital downloads on my PS3, and a disc version of 5 Gold for PS3.

Still not a bad deal though, if everything was bought w/o a sale:
RE1 = $10
RE2 = $6
RE3 = $6
CVX = $20
RE4 = $20
RE5 Gold = $15

So $77 extra of stuff for $30 isn't too bad.

I really wish they would put RE Zero and REMake on PS3/PSN. At least the Chronicles games are coming to PS3, I guess.

[quote name='sasukekun']Aren't they supposed to be making a RE1-3 HD bundle on PSN sometime this summer?[/QUOTE]

Sure you aren't thinking of the Chronicles games? Those are HD ports of the on the rails light gun shooters from Wii.

Was contemplating selling REmake :gc: and Resident Evil: 0 :gc: but came to my senses. After playing those two, I played the RE3 (on PSN) and although it was graphically inferior, it's still a great game. The only RE games I have yet to play are RE 2, Code Veronica, Outbreak 1 & 2. I'll probably skip Umbrella Chronicles, ORC, and Revelations (only because I don't have a 3DS and don't plan on buying one).

Overall the weakest of the series IMO is Resident Evil 5. I was really looking forward to it, especially after playing RE 4, but was a really let down by it. It was shorter than RE 4, the co-op experience was crap (I prefer being the lone-wolf), and the inventory system was too drastic of a change from the previous games. Also I miss the typewriter save system which had been a staple in the RE franchise since the beginning of the series, but oddly enough was absent in this game. In short RE 5 was too much of a departure from the rest of the series. RE 4 made some significant changes, but was still rooted, whereas RE 5 just threw everything conventional to the series out the window in exchange for a more action oriented gameplay experience.

So long as RE 6 returns [even if a little] to its roots, I think it'll be a great game. From the trailers, videos, etc. though I highly doubt that will happen. It'll be good, maybe even great, but it won't be the same as the earlier games.

Such is life I guess. Good game series seem to outlive their welcome and then eventually evolve into something completely different to the point that if the name of the series weren't attached to it, it could be mistaken for something completely different. I think it's time to put this series to rest.

Holy shit!!! The ps3 version is amazing! I wonder how limited the supply will be. I want to wait until the first price drop but don't want to risk not getting in on this deal! What should I do?

[quote name='waldo21212']If everything was on disc I would double dip.

But I already have 2, 3, CVX, 4 as digital downloads on my PS3, and a disc version of 5 Gold for PS3.

Still not a bad deal though:
RE1 = $10
RE2 = $6
RE3 = $6
CVX = $10 (I think it got a permanent price drop)
RE4 = $15 (I think price dropped on this too)
RE5 Gold = $15

So $60 extra of stuff for $30 isn't too bad.

I really wish they would put RE Zero and REMake on PS3/PSN. At least the Chronicles games are coming to PS3, I guess.[/QUOTE]

hmmm haven't heard anything on a drop for re4 or code veronica. I'll have to check this when o get home. Will definitely get code veronica for $10.

Digital? No thanks. Had they put all that stuff on discs I'd be all over it. Instead this gets a pass from me due to it being digital.

bread's done
Back