RE 6 Anthology (PS3) / Archives (360) - $89.99 | Update: Preorder Bonus Announced

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
First time I've seen this mentioned. Really good deal for me because I only own RE5 and plan on picking up six at release. Please note that the other games and content are "digital copies".

Cost looks to be $89.99. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else other then the Capcom store.

I'm not sure if it is an exclusive and the site mentions a preorder bonus will be annouced soon; keep in mind unless it sells out prior to release Capcom Store typically will include the bonus items until they run out, even after release.

PLEASE NOTE: The content in the PS3 Anthology version differes from the Xbox 360 Archives version.

See Below:

PS3

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation® 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil® Director’s Cut, Resident Evil® 2, Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil® 4 HD, and Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation® Network.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Director’s Cut - Return to the mansion that started it all! The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team has been sent to the outskirts of a remote Midwestern city to investigate a number of grisly murders. Little do they know the worst is yet to come…
  • Resident Evil® 2 - The T-virus has consumed Raccoon City leaving rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield stranded in a city overtaken by zombies and powerful B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons).
  • Resident Evil® 3: Nemesis - With Raccoon City crumbling, Jill Valentine’s last escape is stopped dead by a monstrous B.O.W. known as the Nemesis, who’s programmed to eliminate the last remaining members of S.T.A.R.S.
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil classic has never looked better!
  • • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to a report of parasitic B.O.W.s terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs, the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”, and PlayStation® Move functionality.
Xbox 360

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil® 6 with the best of the Resident Evil® franchise. Included in this Xbox 360® exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil® 6, the feature film Resident Evil® Degeneration, and downloadable copies of Resident Evil® 4 HD, Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil® 5 (with bonus Gold Edition content) redeemable on Xbox LIVE®.
  • Resident Evil® 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil® franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak. Blending both action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012.
  • Resident Evil® Degeneration (DVD feature film) - The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the rampage. Will Claire and Leon be able to terminate the virus before history repeats itself?
  • Resident Evil® 4 HD - The President’s daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power. Remastered in high definition, this Resident Evil® classic has never looked better!
  • Resident Evil® CODE Veronica X HD - While searching for information on her missing brother, Claire Redfield is trapped on a top-secret Umbrella prison installation on Rockfort Island. Discover the beginnings of Umbrella Corp. and the dark family secret behind it all. Relive the survival horror nightmare in high definition!
  • Resident Evil® 5 Gold Edition - Working together with his partner Sheva Alomar, Chris Redfield is sent to Africa in response to reports of parasitic B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons) terrorizing the area. Also included are the 2 extra downloadable episodes “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”, 2 bonus costume packs and the online multiplayer “Versus Mode”.
UPDATE:

Capcom store just released their preorder bonus. They are offering an Umbrella Umbrella with any RE6 purchase (appears it is also included with the Vanilla veresion); no pictures yet in the listing but I believe they are just going to be giving away this one:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...oductID.169116700/Umbrella-Corp-Umbrella.html

It can be purchased for $16.95 standalone from their website. I currently own one and while on the cheap side it is kind of cool if you are a RE fan.

Keep in mind this bonus is only for ordering RE6 from the Capcom store (Digital River)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']Capcom needs to realize that a lot of gamers don't have time to play games anymore, but we do have time to occasionally glance at huge shelves of physical media.[/QUOTE]

Damn... scary but true for me :(

Fart. Digital copies.....I hate digital copies.

I would've thought the PS3 version would be on disc. The power of Blu-Ray and all o dat. That's why I got LA Noire Complete and RDR GOTY editions on PS3.

[quote name='KtMack23']Capcom needs to realize that a lot of gamers don't have time to play games anymore, but we do have time to occasionally glance at huge shelves of physical media.[/QUOTE]

no one looks at their digital media... capcom woulda sold much more if they were physical copies of these games...

The PS3 version is totally badassed, but the 360 version is just bad in comparision.

I'm sure if the market is large enough they will still be able to offer Blu-ray and Dvd versions. (Slightly doubtful)

You are applying CAG, which is a small % of gamers, to general population.

another problem with digital copies is the company that releases it might make it required to have an internet connection. I hate that crap

Hmmm...already own all RE games on GC, but might double dip on this RE6 Anthology on PS3...anybody know if it'll be available on Amazon/GS? or will it be a Capcom store exclusive?

Cost breakdown buying it full msrp and /when on sale
RE 6 $60 /$30
PSN Cost and /PSN Cost when on sale
RE1 $10 /$5
RE2 $6 /$3
RE3 $6 /$3
RE4 $20 /$10
RE5 $20 /$10
Total $122 /$61
Buying the anthology would be a good deal if you can get it for $75 or less, great deal at $60 or less.

Blah to downloadable games. If the games were on all on a disc, I'd be all over this. I'd even pay more. But I already own 1-4, zero, and cv on GC, and 5 on 360.

Shame on Capcpom for leaving their American customers out of the RE Collection discs Japan got.

I just dont see the PS3 collection as much of a deal. RE1-3 has gone on sale multiple times, as has RE4 and Code Veronica already. with these sales, and even a brand new 60 RE6 it's not even worth it. Unless the packaging is nice, but it'll probably just be RE6's box with a download card inside...

They could have gone all out and had REmake versions and originals all on discs for a perfect set, but as it stands I'm better off holding onto my current collection and ignoring this. Digital was certainly not the way to go on this.

[quote name='J7.']Cost breakdown buying it full msrp and /when on sale
RE 6 $60 /$30
PSN Cost and /PSN Cost when on sale
RE1 $10 /$5
RE2 $6 /$3
RE3 $6 /$3
RE4 $20 /$10
RE5 $20 /$10
Total $122 /$61
Buying the anthology would be a good deal if you can get it for $75 or less, great deal at $60 or less.[/QUOTE]

The problem is how many RE fans don't already have at least some of those games. The only one there I don't have is RE1 on PSN because I don't need that when I have REmake for the GC.

RE 1 - 3 = free if you where a PSN plus member at the time

RE 4 = 10.00 on sale for Plus Members

RE Veronica = 10 on sale for Plus members

RE 5 DLC = 15 (2x 7.50 ea) on sale for Plus members

not such a good deal if you where a plus member and had RE5 already.....

I hope this comes in a big box so stores will want to get rid of it quickly once they start sitting on shelves.

Or maybe will get a Day 1 Target clearance again :)

Wow the 360 is definitely getting a crappier deal. It's 2012 and their giving us a DVD, seriously... Almost everybody that has an HDTV has a Blu-Ray player these days, I mean you can get one for like 50 bucks. It's not limited to the PS3 anymore.

Hopefully they'll over produce it and this will drop in price a few months down the line or maybe as a black friday-ish deal.

The PS3 edition is the only one worth it. The only thing is missing is Resident Evil CODE Veronica X HD and Resident Evil: Degeneration.

So if you want the complete package and don't own all the original RE. Just by the PS3 edition.

But having it be DLC rather than DISC based really turns this deal off to me.

:(

FYI, Walmart has RE Degeneration on blu-ray for $7.88 in-store as of a month ago. Might be long gone by now, but just throwing it out there

I don't think either of these deals are that great when you consider that all of the extras can be bought for cheap, and that RE6 itself will have pre-order deals and will certainly be involved in some holiday sales. I'd rather pay $30-40 for RE6 by itself (or even less if I'm patient), especially since I already own a lot of those extras, and RE5 isn't that great of a game to begin with. This would only seem to be good for die hard fans, and what die hard fans don't already own those games?

In the Amazon link, the PS3 version RE6 Anthology does NOT list RE5 Gold Edition as part of the collection

Resident Evil 6: The newest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise brings three separate yet interwoven storylines together as they fight to survive the global C-virus outbreak.
Resident Evil Director's Cut - Return to the mansion that started it all! The S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team has been sent to the outskirts of a remote Midwestern city to investigate a number of grisly murders. Little do they know the worst is yet to come.
Resident Evil 2 - The T-virus has consumed Raccoon City leaving rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield stranded in a city overtaken by zombies and powerful B.O.W.s (bio-organic weapons).
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - With Raccoon City crumbling, Jill Valentine's last escape is stopped dead by a monstrous B.O.W. known as the Nemesis, who's programmed to eliminate the last remaining members of S.T.A.R.S.
Resident Evil 4 HD - The President's daughter has been kidnapped and Leon S. Kennedy is on assignment and back in action in Europe to track her down and investigate a mysterious cult coming to power.

probably a typo on Amazon's part, but it DOES kind of make sense

it would kinda balance the value of both editions... if only by devaluing the PS3 version, haha... would not be surprised if Capcom pulled RE5 from the PS3 version

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']EDIT - If they were on disc. I would def buy this just for RE4 and RE:CVX on disc but alas they are trying to sell me digital air... no thanks[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER agreed with anything more in my entire life. SUCH a damn shame this isn't a disc set... I truly hate the direction the gaming industry is going but I know I sure won't be part of it much longer.

After reading the PS3 description I expected the xbox edition to be just slightly different. Not the case at all, and it was almost a shoe in that I was going to preorder it right now. Time to dust off that ps3, kind of sucks that the other games are digitial but its still a decent deal so I'll bite.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I have NEVER agreed with anything more in my entire life. SUCH a damn shame this isn't a disc set... I truly hate the direction the gaming industry is going but I know I sure won't be part of it much longer.[/QUOTE]

I know I won't be pretty soon. I like having the physical copy in my hand. The cover art plus the instruction booklet. I love it. But being digital just has downfalls to it that I can't begin to start a list.

That's why I will be purchasing the PS3 edition of RE5: Gold Edition. Just because it comes with the content on DISC!

[quote name='bruistopher']I know I won't be pretty soon. I like having the physical copy in my hand. The cover art plus the instruction booklet. I love it. But being digital just has downfalls to it that I can't begin to start a list.

That's why I will be purchasing the PS3 edition of RE5: Gold Edition. Just because it comes with the content on DISC![/QUOTE]

Ghost recon is a perfect example of needing a manual. I was trying to remember something in an MP match. I would have to quit the match to look it up on the digital manual. Oh, wait, you can't quit matches. I'

I just wanted to throw my pennies in. For everyone bitchmoaning about these games being digital only or which consoles get what, you do realize that most of them are already digital exclusive or console exclusive right? CAPCOM can't just wave a magic wand and make RE2 for Xbox on a disc. They are working with existing digital releases and rolling in redemption codes for them. Releasing these games in a physical format carries extra certification and licensing costs that make it impossible.

Look, I totally hate a huge majority of the decisions made by CAPCOM. They have a long history of putting out shitty DLC, and seeing what they can get away with. But this CE does actually offer decent value, and it makes sense they did it this way.

IMO, an extra $30 for these games ain't a bad deal. There have been waaaaaay worse CE's in terms of value. *cough Skyrim *cough

[quote name='TravistyOJ']I just wanted to throw my pennies in. For everyone bitchmoaning about these games being digital only or which consoles get what, you do realize that most of them are already digital exclusive or console exclusive right? CAPCOM can't just wave a magic wand and make RE2 for Xbox on a disc. They are working with existing digital releases and rolling in redemption codes for them. Releasing these games in a physical format carries extra certification and licensing costs that make it impossible.

Look, I totally hate a huge majority of the decisions made by CAPCOM. They have a long history of putting out shitty DLC, and seeing what they can get away with. But this CE does actually offer decent value, and it makes sense they did it this way.

IMO, an extra $30 for these games ain't a bad deal. There have been waaaaaay worse CE's in terms of value. *cough Skyrim *cough[/QUOTE]

But the thing is, the "hardcore" RE fans probably already have them in digital format, since that is the only version they have been available in up to now.

How hard would it have been to program a launcher system to put them all on a disc(s), which is the way most of the disc based HD ports work.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if PSOne classics can be launched from a launcher screen, or if they can be ran from the XMB on a PS3/PSOne combined disc, similar to the way other games have had multiple titles on a disc.

since i own every game in their original formnat AND on the gamecube... i just cant buy them a 3rd time for HD. I am intrigued by the PS3 version but I am not sold on it. i mean WHY no code veronica at that point since all others are? doesnt make any sense. id get the PS3 one if CV was there (yes yes i can buy it separately) but im probly getting RE6 on 360 anyway since all my friends will be too.

[quote name='waldo21212']But the thing is, the "hardcore" RE fans probably already have them in digital format, since that is the only version they have been available in up to now.

How hard would it have been to program a launcher system to put them all on a disc(s), which is the way most of the disc based HD ports work.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if PSOne classics can be launched from a launcher screen, or if they can be ran from the XMB on a PS3/PSOne combined disc, similar to the way other games have had multiple titles on a disc.[/QUOTE]
I'm willing to bet Sony wouldn't even let them run the PSOne classics from a disc if they wanted to. They've long pitched those titles as PSN exclusives.

Resident Evil has some of the most dedicated fans and collectors. "Hardcore" fans will buy this regardless... "Hardcore" cheapasses will not.

[quote name='GBAstar']Resident Evil has some of the most dedicated fans and collectors. "Hardcore" fans will buy this regardless... "Hardcore" cheapasses will not.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those suckers who's getting it :lol:

I have the physical versions, however maybe I can sell off the codes for about $20? I really want this if it's limited or if it comes with some other kind of content.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']I just wanted to throw my pennies in. For everyone bitchmoaning about these games being digital only or which consoles get what, you do realize that most of them are already digital exclusive or console exclusive right? CAPCOM can't just wave a magic wand and make RE2 for Xbox on a disc. They are working with existing digital releases and rolling in redemption codes for them. Releasing these games in a physical format carries extra certification and licensing costs that make it impossible.
[/QUOTE]

physical format = more expensive and more work for Capcom, but hardly impossible

if they wanted to do it, they could've easily gone to sony and worked out a deal... they obviously didn't think it was worth the hassle, though

IMO, an extra $30 for these games ain't a bad deal. There have been waaaaaay worse CE's in terms of value. *cough Skyrim *cough[/QUOTE]

I could care less about RE2 or 3 or whatever, I'm just talking:

Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica HD (both of which *WERE* released on a disc in Japan) and Resident Evil 5 (which already came out on a disc, and two of the DLC packs were ALREADY on the disc).

Put those three games on a disc for us Yanks, and I'd HAPPILY pay the SRP for this bad boy. I wouldn't even mind the final two RE5 DLCs being codes.

I haven't decided if this is a buy for me. On one hand it's pretty sweet but the lack of physical media makes me lean towards the no buy for me.

I already own RE5 Gold, the PSOne classics of RE 1,2,3, and the Wii version of RE4. So this deal is not for me.

That said, it's a pretty fantastic value if you don't have all these games.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']In the Amazon link, the PS3 version RE6 Anthology does NOT list RE5 Gold Edition as part of the collection

it would kinda balance the value of both editions... if only by devaluing the PS3 version, haha... would not be surprised if Capcom pulled RE5 from the PS3 version[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing. It makes the package much less appealing to me.

I think it's still a solid deal for 360 owners. I don't mind that RE4 or veronica are digital, since they're only on arcade for the US as far as I know. A RE5 hard copy would have been cool so you could sell it. I wish 360 owners would have gotten 1-3, I've only played RE5 so I had to wiki things to fill in gaps.

I think it's still a solid deal for 360 owners. I don't mind that RE4 or veronica are digital, since they're only on arcade for the US as far as I know. A RE5 hard copy would have been cool so you could sell it. I wish 360 owners would have gotten 1-3, I've only played RE5 gold so I had to wiki things to fill in gaps.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']In the Amazon link, the PS3 version RE6 Anthology does NOT list RE5 Gold Edition as part of the collection

it would kinda balance the value of both editions... if only by devaluing the PS3 version, haha... would not be surprised if Capcom pulled RE5 from the PS3 version[/QUOTE]

It's just a typo. I thought the same thing, but this is copied from the product description:

Celebrate the upcoming release of Resident Evil 6 with the complete library of Resident Evil 1-6! Included in this PlayStation 3 exclusive package is the latest installation of the blockbuster series, Resident Evil 6, along with digital copies of Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4 HD, and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation Network.

RE5 is listed there.

bread's done
Back