Really Far Behind On Backlog....Suggestions?

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
With Starcraft2 and Persona3 and tons of other games that have been taking a few hours here and a few hours there, I'm super far behind on my 360 backlog.

I've started all of these and I'd really like to clear some of it out, and sell the rest, before the fall games start to hit. I'm kind of an achievement whore so that keeps me going through most games, but lately i haven't been able to stick with anything. Based on your experience, which of these should i make sure i get to, and which should i just sell and be done with? Thanks in advance!

In no particular order....

DeathSpank
SplitSecond
Blur
Borderlands + DLC
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
The Saboteur
Transforms: WfC
Crackdown 2
Episodes from LibertyCity
Skate3
JustCause2
Brutal Legend

Keep Borderlands and Transformer: WfC.

Maybe keep Crackdown 2.

Get rid of Wanted, Saboteur, Skate 3, Episodes of Liberty City.

Brutal Legend is a toss-up.

If I were you, I'd get rid of Split Second and Blur, but I'm not into racing games at all. I keep trying to get into it, and I get bored. Except for Wipeout games.

Just Cause 2 and DeathSpank I have no idea about.

I would say keep The Saboteur. I absolutely loved it and feel it is one of the more under-rated games of this gen. And the achievements can't be that hard to get; this is still the only game I've ever gotten 1000/1000 on.

I'm currently playing Crackdown 2, and I'm pretty torn on how to advise you about that one. It's basically Crackdown 1, only not as good. I've had a lot of fun, and a lot of frustration with it. I keep going back to it to work on certain achievements, but really, I've got much better games waiting to be played in my own backlog.

Aside from that, I'd say stick with Just Cause 2, Deathspank, and Split/Second, keep Episodes only if you really loved GTA IV and Brutal Legend only if you don't mind RTS gameplay. I'm a Tim Schafer zealot, and I couldn't finish that game because of the RTS stuff.

Haven't played the other games on your list, so no opinion on those.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']With Starcraft2 and Persona3 and tons of other games that have been taking a few hours here and a few hours there, I'm super far behind on my 360 backlog.

I've started all of these and I'd really like to clear some of it out, and sell the rest, before the fall games start to hit. I'm kind of an achievement whore so that keeps me going through most games, but lately i haven't been able to stick with anything. Based on your experience, which of these should i make sure i get to, and which should i just sell and be done with? Thanks in advance!

DeathSpank
SplitSecond
Blur
Borderlands + DLC
The Saboteur
Crackdown 2
Skate3
JustCause2
Brutal Legend[/QUOTE]

Get rid of Wanted, SplitSecond, and Episodes from Liberty City (personally, that is.) - Most would also say to get rid of Brutal Legend, however, it is not worth much and will not increase in value so you may just want to keep it and play it eventually.

I loved The Saboteur, it's worth a playthrough if you even remotely loved Assassin's creed, or WW2.

Borderlands has a lot of replay value, I recommend keeping it. Ditto Transformers.

Deathspank obviously ain't going anywhere. :)

Crackdown 2... I've only played the demo with a glitch, but I really didn't like it (like most other people). If you think you won't get your money's worth out of it, might be worth getting rid of sooner than later.

Never played Blur, and only played demos of Skate 3 and Just Cause 2. Just Cause 2 is more of a game for a boring rainy day. Otherwise, I dunno what to recommend here.

Good luck with your conundrum. :)

[quote name='Danimal']I would say keep The Saboteur. I absolutely loved it and feel it is one of the more under-rated games of this gen.[/QUOTE]

I second this! It is really good, and terribly underrated. One of the more interesting open world/sandbox games out there.

For Blur / Brutal Legends, I say keep both. Blur is a fun racing game, mainly online. So the nice thing about it is, you don't have to play it much to make progress. Hour here, hour there.

For Brutal Legends, the soundtrack is awesome (but I am a metalhead admittedly). Some people complain about the RTS elements, and while I usually don't like RTS games all that much, I really enjoyed it and didn't have a problem with it.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']With Starcraft2 and Persona3 and tons of other games that have been taking a few hours here and a few hours there, I'm super far behind on my 360 backlog.

DeathSpank
SplitSecond
Blur
Borderlands + DLC
The Saboteur
Crackdown 2
Skate3
JustCause2
Brutal Legend[/QUOTE]

I'd keep Borderlands no matter what. Best game on the list and you already have the DLC for it. How much do you play online? That would determine whether Crackdown 2 or Blur is worth it or not. You won't get much for Brutal Legend or The Saboteur as they're both $20 MSRP now.

I would probably keep Saboteur, Borderlands, Transformers, and EfLS, but like I said, it depends on if you play online a lot.

Thanks a lot guys. I think I'm gonna start with Borderlands, Deathspank, Crackdown2, and Transformers. Then I'll probably get to Saboteur and the racers if I have time!

Borderlands seems reasonable to 1000 and I'm already about 12 hrs in so I'll probably start with that.

Thanks again!

[quote name='ajh2298']Wanted is a very easy 500+ geek points if you play through it one time which only takes maybe 4+ hours.[/QUOTE]

You can get the full 1000 in a day if you take advantage of the glitches and you focus.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']What glitches, specifically?[/QUOTE]

Once you beat the game once you unlock Time Attack and Unlocked Acts(Stage Select). If you were to start a game in Time Attack and then play until you hit the first checkpoint and your game autosaves, you can exit to the main menu and go into Unlocked Acts and pick Act 9 then beat it and it will register as if you finished story mode.

This makes achievements like beating the game in Headshot mode or Close Combat modes infinitely easier.

For more info you should check the achievement roadmap here.

Wanted was a fun little game. Definitely worth grabbing the 1000 points. It only takes about 5-6 hours.

As mentioned, Borderlands appears to be the best game on the list. You can't go wrong with that one.

I LOVED every minute of Split/Second. If you liked Burnout Revenge, S/S is the sequel Criterion never gave us. Racing games are a good palate cleanser from the other games. Toss it in and do a few races between other games.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Episodes from LibertyCity[/QUOTE]
My favourite from that list. Stunned people are saying to get rid of it.

Try to stop buying games (the most difficult part of course) limit your games to a set amount a year. I try not to get more then 30 a year unless I finish up all of them, which almost never happens.

I'm in the same boat and I dumped a lot of games, but I still end up buying more. Next year I'm trying to limit myself to 25.

I've recently played through Borderlands (not the DLC though) and Crackdown 2. I'm an hour to two away from completing my Blur career as well. All three are pretty good games. There are a good amount of easy achievements in them as well. Borderlands takes a bit more time than the other two, but it goes by fast.

Crackdown 2 is definitely my number one pick on that list though. I beat the main storyline pretty fast. There are a lot of easy achievements as well.

Blur is my second pick. Again, a lot of easy achievements, and on easy, they come pretty fast too.

Transformers & Crackdown 2 need to get out first if you're planning on selling when you're done. Many of the others on your list are $10 games now, so they can wait for a rainy day...

bread's done
Back