Red Alert 3 -UPRISING EXPANSION ANNOUNCED!!

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5139951/cc-red-alert-3-uprising-cast-has-a-certain-flair

Uprising cast announced... God damn it, why more fucking wrestlers?!?!?!?!?! Well at least they brought in Malcom McDowell right?
medium_3230725577_515fa1703e_o.jpg

More information on the expansion
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/090108/20090108005373.html?.v=1

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/screenshots/full_res.php?ss=3231

Comes out in March.

Launch trailer up!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42046.html

2 more days, two more fucking days!!!

HELL MARCH 3 MOFO'S!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41217.html

2 more weeks to go before the japs do it again!!

New Cast Trailer
Holy fuck it's SULU and JJ Jamerson!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQSNp24_Kk

Profiles are up including for the Kirov Airship!!!

http://www.ea.com/redalert/factions-soviets.jsp?id=Kirov_Airship

http://www.ea.com/redalert/factions-allies.jsp?id=Century_Bomber

http://www.ea.com/redalert/factions-allies.jsp?id=Prospector

http://www.ea.com/redalert/factions-allies.jsp?id=Apollo_Fighter

The first trailer is OUT GET IT NOW!!
:drool:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34141.html

and the good news is as speculated

RELEASE IS THIS OCTOBER 2008!!!!!
:bouncy:

Update from planetcnc.com

* The Soviets and Allies have airfields.
* There will be Tanya. What is Red Alert without Tanya, the Soviets, the Allies, Tesla everything, and Kirovs... and dogs.
* Red Alert 3 right now is running off of SAGE and the visuals you see are at a minimum on par with C&C 3. We're doing a lot of enhancements to effects, water, lighting, etc that you can't see fully in these screenshots just yet.
* Red Alert 3 has been in development for a while, our focus first and foremost was on building all of our units to a 1.0 stage so we can test multiplayer VERY early, which we can now. We're already balancing.
* Sub-factions, while cool, are not planned right now and not something you should expect for Red Alert 3.

This news I like :) it really looks like at this rate, we will have it out by the fall of this year :)

The official press release!!
http://www.ea.com/redalert/main.jsp

EA REWRITES HISTORY IN COMMAND & CONQUER: RED ALERT 3

Be Among the First to Return to Red Alert with the Exclusive Beta Invite in Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection

Redwood City, Calif., February 14, 2008 – After a seven-year hiatus, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the return of Red Alert, one of the most beloved and best-selling real time strategy (RTS) series of all time. Command & Conquer™: Red Alert™ 3, for the PC, Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, takes players on an epic adventure to a breathtaking alternate future spawned by time travel run amok . Developed by EA Los Angeles, Red Alert 3 breaks new ground in the RTS genre, featuring a fully co-operative campaign while bringing back the series’ light-hearted style and classic, action-oriented gameplay.

“The Red Alert games are known for challenging hardcore strategy gamers with depth, variety, and innovative gameplay. But they also belong to that rare breed of games that can draw in more casual players with their over-the-top stories, instantly accessible mechanics, and straight-to-the-fun design,” said Mike Verdu, General Manager of EALA. “With Red Alert 3, our team is continuing that proud tradition by introducing genre-first features like co-operative campaign play, which rewards veterans and casual players alike. In Red Alert 3, friends and family can always have your back!”

“It’s been too long.” said Chris Corry, Executive Producer at EALA. “Fans have been waiting for a new Red Alert game for seven years, and we’re working hard to ensure its well worth the wait. The team is staying true to the series’ roots while adding new elements like a co-operatively played story-driven campaign, an astounding new faction that will shake-up the Red Alert universe as we know it, and units that will help make Red Alert 3 everything our fans have been waiting for. And by bringing naval combat into the heart of the game design, we’re transporting that fast, fun and fluid C&C gameplay to the high-seas in ways that you’ve never seen before.”

In Red Alert 3, the desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia. The time travel mission goes awry, creating an alternate timeline where technology has followed an entirely different evolution, a new superpower has been thrust on to the world stage, and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies like Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Red Alert 3 asks the question “What If?” What if every bizarre research project and technology experiment for the last 70 years had actually borne fruit? What if the Philadelphia Experiment, time travel theory, teleportation, invisibility, Tesla technology, and a hundred other intriguing research projects had all paid off and gone mainstream? What if the Soviet Union survived and thrived; what would it look like 10 years in the future? What if the Japanese Empire had never fallen and instead became the ultimate high-tech military superpower? The end result is an imaginative and playful vision of an alternate future filled with possibility.

Command & Conquer fans eager to experience Red Alert 3 before anyone else can get early access to the beta1 by picking up a copy of Command & Conquer™ 3: Kane’s Wrath or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection later this year.

For fans of Red Alert and Command & Conquer, EA hosts a dedicated online Web cast that goes beyond the game and brings players all the latest series news, tips and strategies. The flagship show, BattleCastTM Primetime, is a unique program that offers a sportscast look and feel for featured fan multiplayer matches, including expert commentary. Command & Conquer, BattleCast Primetime can be seen on the official Command & Conquer website http://www.commandandconquer.com/.

This product is not yet rated by the ESRB, PEGI or USK. For more information about Red Alert 3 or the Command & Conquer series, please visit www.RedAlert3.com.

1 Beta program is available for the PC only. An announcement about the Red Alert 3 beta dates will be made this summer.
So now it's the Allies, the Soviets, and the Japanese!

Planet cnc has posted the first few screenshots!!

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/screenshots/?category_select_id=cat_19

31220907.jpg

43727331.jpg

oh hell yea!!!

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=147983

http://kotaku.com/355769/red-alert-3-is-so-so-real

The original Red Alert is what introduced me to the world of CNC. Guess they are going to use the SAGE engine again. I really hope we see more FMV and Tanya!! More details in the upcoming Issue of PC Gamer Magazine!

I wonder what the pre-order/Collector's Edition is going to have. Please have the soundtrack CD and figures in the CE edition!! The Kane Edition was kind of a let down compared to the RA2 Collectors Edition a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe this time around they will decide to add xbox live. Always loved the multiplayer in this game, can't wait.

I seriously should reinstall Red Alert 2 from the CNC the first decade collection I bought on BF... Haven't played this game in over 5 years.

[quote name='ighosty']maybe this time around they will decide to add xbox live. Always loved the multiplayer in this game, can't wait.[/QUOTE]

go away 360 fan boy... this game was ment to be played with a mouse...

HELL YES!

RA2 is one of the best RTS games I've ever played. Certainly not the most in-depth or challenging, but it was fun through and through. And the ridiculous, over-the-top storyline and vehicles make it so much better than the Tiberium stuff.

Edit: Does the cover remind anyone else of Warhammer: Dawn of War's Dreadnought unit?

Yay, Red Alert 3! :D

I can't believe how much I played Red Alert back in the day. RA2, not so much, but the original RA - hell yeah. I wonder if they're going to have the original unit speech. "I have the technology!" "For King and Country!" - Hmm...maybe I just want them to make Red Alert 1 again with modern technology. I wouldn't mind if they did. :p

[quote name='hamst3r']Yay, Red Alert 3! :D

I can't believe how much I played Red Alert back in the day. RA2, not so much, but the original RA - hell yeah. I wonder if they're going to have the original unit speech. "I have the technology!" "For King and Country!" - Hmm...maybe I just want them to make Red Alert 1 again with modern technology. I wouldn't mind if they did. :p[/QUOTE]

well go over to planetcnc.com There is usually someone out there is modding the SAGE engine in CNC3/Generals for RE1/RE2 units.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well go over to planetcnc.com There is usually someone out there is modding the SAGE engine in CNC3/Generals for RE1/RE2 units.[/quote]

Nah, I don't just want the RA units, I want the story and cinematics too. :O

For The fucking Win!!! I played so much Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge back in the day. Those games along with Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War took up a lot of my early gaming time.

I sure hope it comes to the Xbox 360, because my PC sure does suck and will not be able to run it. I think it will have a good chance too, seeing how Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars was released and Comman & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath will be released on the Xbox 360.

"Kirov reporting!!!"

Frank Klepacki MUST do the score!!!

I will NOT accept EA response of "We have study Frank's work and you will be happy to hear what we have come up with..."

Definately joining you all in the excitement for red alert 3. One of the first pc games I played was the original command and conquer, and then the shift to red alert was like a whole new experience. I have to say the biggest let down though was tiberium sun with all that advanced futuristic bs that was completely unbalanced (in my opinion).

So exciting. I would actually like to play the first RA again... Nothing satisfies me more than sending my dogs after a few spies...

Cool. I played the first two, second was definitely much better IMO.

Now if someone would only come out with a sequel for Total Annihilation...

Anyone notice the April 2008 date?
[quote name='keithp']Now if someone would only come out with a sequel for Total Annihilation...[/quote]
box.jpg

As much as I love the C and C series, traditional rts just doesn't cut it anymore. With stuff like company of heroes, "base build and rush" style of gameplay is unappealing. This goes for starcraft 2 as well. They are playing it very safe by keeping things the same even though there have been large advances in the strategy genre. I know Ill probably get my head bitten off for saying this, but its like releasing a fps where you look for a blue key to unlock the door to the next level.

[quote name='GBmanNC']As much as I love the C and C series, traditional rts just doesn't cut it anymore. With stuff like company of heroes, "base build and rush" style of gameplay is unappealing. This goes for starcraft 2 as well. They are playing it very safe by keeping things the same even though there have been large advances in the strategy genre. I know Ill probably get my head bitten off for saying this, but its like releasing a fps where you look for a blue key to unlock the door to the next level.[/QUOTE]

I hate rushers
:bomb:

I like to turtle for a bit, build a side force, wait for them to throw everything they got at me, fend off there attack and show them that they can't bulldoze me so easily, then while their base is defenseless (because the fuckers don't build a strong base defense, I come in and rip them up. By that time they hit the escape key and select QUIT and I win :( I hate those who pitbull rush me. argh.

Anyways I am installing RA2 and YR from the First Decade collection tonight if you guys are in the mood for some classic RA2 rounds.

As for RA3, I saw Fall 2008 for release. With screenshots like this already out, it's most likely going to hit the fall of this year (pending they don't push it back to Spring 2009 :(

shit I just finished playing a few rounds of Yuri's Revenge in Skirmish mode. Man I am so use to right click for moving units. :(

Wow you could build a power plant on the water. Neat. I hope the reviews are good for this game. I might get this or Starcraft 2.

Also: ITDEFX is definitely acting like a villain. He is abusing double post rules too.

I know it's probably early in development, but I'm totally unimpressed by the screenshots. Why should a universe as ridiculous as C&CRA be stuck with drab grays and blues best left to the Tiberium cesspool? And did the units come straight from the bleak, characterless robotworld of Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander?

Of course building floating structures is awesome; really opens up new strategic possibilities. Chris Taylor is the only mainstream dev I can think of who insists on letting players build floating and/or submersed bases.

[quote name='hero101']Wow you could build a power plant on the water. Neat. I hope the reviews are good for this game. I might get this or Starcraft 3.

Also: ITDEFX is definitely acting like a villain. He is abusing double post rules too.[/QUOTE]

Starcraft 3?

Did I miss something here?

Well the way people are voting, it looks like I am going to loose out to Pepsiman :(

[quote name='hero101']Wow you could build a power plant on the water. Neat. I hope the reviews are good for this game. I might get this or Starcraft 3.

[/quote]

[quote name='ITDEFX']Starcraft 3?

Did I miss something here?

[/quote]

Somebody has a time machine I guess...

I updated the OP with the official press release...yes that's right folks, no longer a rumor, no longer in development hell... The Red Army is coming(again)!!! And as a bonus, there will be a beta out this summer, which most likely means a full release this fall!! :)

[quote name='Kayden']While this does give me an instant hardon, its not as big as my StarCraft 2 induced wood.[/QUOTE]

See I need to install SC1 to see what the fuss is about. I haven't really played SC1 since my college days. The version that was running was multiplayer lan only so I have no idea how the story side was.

[quote name='ITDEFX']See I need to install SC1 to see what the fuss is about. I haven't really played SC1 since my college days. The version that was running was multiplayer lan only so I have no idea how the story side was.[/quote]

It has a great story which really holds up well.

[quote name='Kayden']While this does give me an instant hardon, its not as big as my StarCraft 2 induced wood.[/quote]

As much as I am excited for Starcraft 2, I certainly will not be able to run it on my computer when it comes out. Thankfully, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 will be coming to the Xbox 360.

I had a hard time playing the CNC3 demo with the 360 controller so it's not going to do it for me.

Kirov's are back!!

I beat C&C3 on my PC and then downloaded the demo for the 360. There is a world of difference between the two. The maps and units are the same, but thats about it.

[quote name='Quintessence']As much as I am excited for Starcraft 2, I certainly will not be able to run it on my computer when it comes out. Thankfully, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 will be coming to the Xbox 360.[/quote]

[quote name='ITDEFX']I had a hard time playing the CNC3 demo with the 360 controller so it's not going to do it for me.
[/quote]

Unfortunately that will be the only real option for me. I do not have enough money to upgrade my PC :cry:

[quote name='Quintessence']Unfortunately that will be the only real option for me. I do not have enough money to upgrade my PC :cry:[/QUOTE]

Depending on how old your system is. Mine is about 4 years old, but I am running the 6800gt card on it. I can play it, but I have to turn down quite a bit of graphics options. Still looks great despite some slow downs here and there.

[quote name='Dezuria']I hope the music is similar to the other Red Alerts. I want a new mix of Hell March.[/QUOTE]

Well EA might be happy with the guy who scored CNC3 and might ask him to do RA3. But seriously EA Needs to give Frank K. a shit load of money to score Hell March 3/intro. Hell March is the signature track to the Red Alert Series.

[quote name='The Crotch']Mighty Protoss warrior laughs at your pathetic confusion![/QUOTE]

And Yuri shall have the last laugh at your pitiful existence!

KIROV REPORTING

Tools ready!

We will bury them!

---

RA2's unit voices are almost as good as Dawn of War's.

[quote name='Serik']KIROV REPORTING

Tools ready!

We will bury them!

---

RA2's unit voices are almost as good as Dawn of War's.[/QUOTE]

Although I love the KIROV's, and recently remembered how powerful those things can get when they get to veteran level...they should just come up with more advanced air units.

[quote name='ITDEFX']And Yuri shall have the last laugh at your pitiful existence![/quote]I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Unto my experience, Yuri, all that you've built here on Earth is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Soviets shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Depending on how old your system is. Mine is about 4 years old, but I am running the 6800gt card on it. I can play it, but I have to turn down quite a bit of graphics options. Still looks great despite some slow downs here and there.[/quote]

Mine is REALLY bad. SO I have no hope for running it :cry:

First trailer hit last night people. link in OP. I CAN'T fuckING WAIT!!!

Please EA, PLEASE PAY Frank K. a shit load of money to come back and do the entire score to RA3!!!

bread's done
Back