Red Dead Redemption $49.99 at Amazon

I emailed them about this last night and they emailed me back with a C&P bit about how prices were the lowest they could be at the time of shipping, but then in a different section with a completely different tone, they apologized for the fact the price had changed in 48 hours and were giving me the refund. Strange, but I guess they always have to remind their users that price changes happen.

Whatever. They told me I'd see a credit back to my original form of payment, but so far I've not seen credit applied to my gc. Anyone seen their credit actually show up yet?

[quote name='ritchardf']I have to take the side of the people that would rather save the $10 now. The main reason being that with the "free" 20 dollars, you end up spending more in the long run.[/QUOTE]
That's true but at the same time it's not. Many CAGs here don't buy a single game a year and that's it. We don't go to a deal website for a product we buy once a year. Many of us already have preorders pending and shop Amazon for games quite often so this is money we were likely to spend regardless so it's not to get something extra off.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I have both systems and always pick the 360 version because of Live, and I wonder if this tactic is trying to get people to buy the PS3 version instead.[/QUOTE]
Or... maybe the PS3 version isn't selling as well and they're trying to move product? Amazon isn't a fanboy, it's a business. People that do have both systems might want to save $10 by going with the PS3 version, which Amazon has plenty of and they need to move. This would encourage that.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I emailed them about this last night and they emailed me back with a C&P bit about how prices were the lowest they could be at the time of shipping, but then in a different section with a completely different tone, they apologized for the fact the price had changed in 48 hours and were giving me the refund. Strange, but I guess they always have to remind their users that price changes happen.

Whatever. They told me I'd see a credit back to my original form of payment, but so far I've not seen credit applied to my gc. Anyone seen their credit actually show up yet?[/QUOTE]

Mine applied to my Gift Card balance.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']That's true but at the same time it's not. Many CAGs here don't buy a single game a year and that's it. We don't go to a deal website for a product we buy once a year. Many of us already have preorders pending and shop Amazon for games quite often so this is money we were likely to spend regardless so it's not to get something extra off.

Or... maybe the PS3 version isn't selling as well and they're trying to move product? Amazon isn't a fanboy, it's a business. People that do have both systems might want to save $10 by going with the PS3 version, which Amazon has plenty of and they need to move. This would encourage that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on Amazon trying to move more of one version or another. Remember, just a few weeks ago Split/Second was on sale for 360 only for $45 with $10 gaming cr while PS3 was still listed at $60 with the gaming credit. Or the PS3 version of Singularity not having the Prototype offer.

I suspect its more likely Sony giving Amazon some marketing money. Its annoying since I'd rather have had Split/Second on PS3, but can't really argue with a new racing game for $35 effective, eh?

Stubborn customer service girl told me no exceptions were being made and that no one received refunds. I questioned whether she was certain of that and she said no. She then told me that the price had not dropped on the 360 version since release. I corrected her on this only to have her say that she only had access to the current pricing information.

It's not about the 10 bucks, it's about treating different customers differently and making blanket statements without complete information. That just bothers me. I'll let it go now but I had to at least frustrate them a little first.

They probably raised the 360 price back up because of the people complaining about the quick drop. On another note, I still haven't received my $20 gaming credit from the preorder. It doesn't usually take Amazon that long.

Figured I may as well try my hand at getting the $10 refunded. I suppose the worst they can do is say no.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']They probably raised the 360 price back up because of the people complaining about the quick drop. On another note, I still haven't received my $20 gaming credit from the preorder. It doesn't usually take Amazon that long.[/QUOTE]

It's varied for me in how long they take to deposit/e-mail this promotional credit/gift card stuff. I never received my FF13 credit until I e-mailed them. I believe it was a limit of 10 business days after the game ships for the RDR credit, so they still have a week or so to get me the credit.

Amazon really needs to revisit their pricematch policy.

Have a 2 week window after an item has shipped to match it, and put some additional language in there to protect themselves, like "if the price of the item is lower than the TOTAL price that was originally paid, we'll match the difference"'

so if you get RDR for 59.99 + $20 credit, the net is 39.99....If they offer RDR the next week for 49.99 with no additional credit or GC's, you don't get a refund, because the net is still higher than the net you paid originally.

IMO, it's a win-win for both sides...we get a 2 week price guarantee and amazon doesn't take a bath in refunding every guy and his mother.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']
Or... maybe the PS3 version isn't selling as well and they're trying to move product? Amazon isn't a fanboy, it's a business. People that do have both systems might want to save $10 by going with the PS3 version, which Amazon has plenty of and they need to move. This would encourage that.[/QUOTE]

Wait...so you're saying Amazon ISN'T a Sony fanboy?

I have a $25 gift card waiting to be spent on RDR. Anyone think there's a good chance that it'll drop to below $40 anytime soon?

Why did this happen? I had the game in my cart, and was going to purchase it today. Is there any chance they'll lower the price again real soon?

[quote name='bballsports']I have a $25 gift card waiting to be spent on RDR. Anyone think there's a good chance that it'll drop to below $40 anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='n00bie']No.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure, usually we see amazon drop newly released games to $39.99 for a short promotion.I will guess it happens within 7-10 days

well i emailed them asking for the ten dollar refund and I got an email within 20 minutes saying they would refund it because it was a drastic drop in price

Wow it's like I get punished for buying games on release date. I think I am done preordering games because everytime I do that games go down at LEAST 10 dollars the next week. (Even 3D Dot Game Heroes dropped 5 bucks)

You think if I e-mail them saying the game was added to my cart when it was $49.99, they'll bump it back down for me?

I'm real peeved since I meant to finalize the deal last night, but slipped my mind. And why is the PS3 version still $49.99?

[quote name='FlameOnMe']Thisll be $29.99 within a month.. guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah..right..

When it is e-mail me the link so I can buy it at that price. I have a feeling it won't be anything less than $40 for 4-6 months.

I emailed twice and got the "we can't comment on this issue any further" on the second one. A third email went unanswered.

I think I might call them. How are the phone reps? I have never dealt with them before.

[quote name='n00bie']I emailed twice and got the "we can't comment on this issue any further" on the second one. A third email went unanswered.

I think I might call them. How are the phone reps? I have never dealt with them before.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation as you. The last time (almost 2 years ago) this happened, I had to call. It seems this only occurs with the outsourced CS. The outsourced CS dept. of Amazon is THE worst.

When I called that last time, I received a CS rep from the US...a COMPLETE difference. She was not only helpful and a delight to talk to...she even gave me an extra bonus saying, "happy customers mean everything to us". Of course...because a happy customer is a returning customer...a time old adage.

So it seems to me after Jareef gave me the "we will not comment on this issue any further" remark, they block any emails pertaining to that specific order number. I have no choice...again...but to call CS. Only I will call, once again, during USA employment hours.

Indian CS FTMFL!!!

[quote name='skubish']This is why I am probably done with preordering.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, I might start waiting like 2 or 3 days and get games for $45-$50 even if I miss out on pre-order stuff (unless its something big)

[quote name='SOLDIER'] why is the PS3 version still $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Because newegg had Red Dead for $50 with free shipping for both consoles which Amazon was price matching. But newegg sold out of the game for the 360 and Amazon jacked the price back up.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm in the same situation as you. The last time (almost 2 years ago) this happened, I had to call. It seems this only occurs with the outsourced CS. The outsourced CS dept. of Amazon is THE worst.

When I called that last time, I received a CS rep from the US...a COMPLETE difference. She was not only helpful and a delight to talk to...she even gave me an extra bonus saying, "happy customers mean everything to us". Of course...because a happy customer is a returning customer...a time old adage.

So it seems to me after Jareef gave me the "we will not comment on this issue any further" remark, they block any emails pertaining to that specific order number. I have no choice...again...but to call CS. Only I will call, once again, during USA employment hours.

Indian CS FTMFL!!![/QUOTE]

Lol, the guy that denied me was "Syeed."

Has anyone called and actually got the $10 refund? I tried, but was denied. If more people get the refund I will call back (assuming people are actually getting them and not just posting false info) and be a lot more stern with my demand.

I finally got them to price adjust to $49.99 on Friday since they only shipped my game the day before. It took me 2 emails to convince them and they gave me the refund as an one time exception...blah blah blah.

Now I'm just waiting for the $20 GC/credit.

Why is this thread still in the deals section?

Stop crying! Amazon matched a newegg deal. Ebay (buy.com) had the game for $46 the day of release. You should be so lucky to order a brand new AAA title with a $20 gift card attached.

I got the price adjustment.
I also got the GC adjustment. (naturally)

In the end, I will spend the exact same amount when I purchase my next game from amazon. As for preordering? I still get the golden guns so amazon wins, I wins, 1010 wins.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']Thisll be $29.99 within a month.. guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

quoted for reference.

$59.99 + $20 GC or $49.99 with no gc.

i'll take the former.

I preordered this from amazon as well, and I got the price match with one email. So it's really just a crap shoot. I did mention that I wouldn't be able to preorder any more games from amazon in the email though (which was a total lie). But apparently it worked.

cant believe how many ppl are bitching because it dropped to 49.99 when they got a $20gc.

Its amazon. Ill take the 20 gc any day as I will surely use it ...

[quote name='guyver2077']cant believe how many ppl are bitching because it dropped to 49.99 when they got a $20gc.

Its amazon. Ill take the 20 gc any day as I will surely use it ...[/QUOTE]

Btw, has everyone got their $20 gc already? I emailed and they told me within 10 days...

[quote name='OGHowie']Btw, has everyone got their $20 gc already? I emailed and they told me within 10 days...[/QUOTE]

Nope. STILL not gotten mine. They told me 10 days too, and mine shipped out last Tuesday. Getting a little irritated, I want that $20 GC so I can order some DVDs of Mr. Show!

[quote name='confoosious']Do people not know how to count on a calendar?[/QUOTE]

Yes. However, the game has not been out for 10 days, yet lots of other people are getting their $20 gc. So we are wanting ours too, and while it hasn't been 10 days yet, it's getting close.

Or do you not know how to read a calendar yourself?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Yes. However, the game has not been out for 10 days, yet lots of other people are getting their $20 gc. So we are wanting ours too, and while it hasn't been 10 days yet, it's getting close.

Or do you not know how to read a calendar yourself?[/QUOTE]

So getting close is your criteria? Ummm ok.

You as a kid: Where is my motherfucking present mom? Where is it?
Mom: It's not your birthday yet. It's still 4 days away.
You: It's getting close bitch! Where is my present?

[quote name='confoosious']So getting close is your criteria? Ummm ok.

You: It's getting close bitch! Where is my present?[/QUOTE]

I lol'd. Hard.

Thread won.

I received the same form letter denial of a price adjustment. I haven't received my game yet either and they sent the "company policy" email. It was still a good deal so I'm going to let the issue drop.

Funny post as well, however that was not me. At all. Good try though, oh mighty wizard.

Seriously, the people who pre-ordered this game with the $20 gift card and the guns code need to stop being ignorant ungrateful little children and bashing amazon. First of all, YOU PAID LESS THEN THE CURRENT AMAZON PRICE ($49.99) when you take the $20 gift card in account, let alone the golden gun code, so even if amazon did have a price matching policy, you wouldn't be entitled to anything anyways. Yes, I understand some people have said they received a $10 refund, so I don't blame anyone for trying to get one as well. But when amazon tells you no after the first email, you should really let it go. And while I do agree that it sucks that everyone isn't receiving the same response, whether it be a yes to the adjustment or no.....amazon is a business and since they don't have a policy for this, they leave it up to their customer service representatives digression. And personally, I think it's the one's who don't really care who are approving the returns as they are most likely ignoring the fact that you also got a $20 gift card and the bonus golden gun code with your order at $59.99 versus the game by itself at $49.99

If this wasn't online and amazon, and instead it was a brick and mortar retail store, I wonder how many of you fools would even have the audacity to attempt getting an adjustment......let alone the fact that it would require you to get off your lazy behinds.

I think people are "bitching" because some people were told "sorry it's not pur policy" whereas others were told "sure, no problem."

We all got a good deal with the $20 gift card, no doubt. However, why not go for an extra $10?

If you found a $20 bill on the ground and then later in the day found a $10 bill, but it was behind a fence, would you hop the fence to get it or just say "nah, I already found a $20, I'm good."

Besides, half the people accusing everyone of "bashing Amazon, or being greedy" have probably already gotten their gift card and/or their $10 adjustment.

to be totally fair, the kid in your example is being pretty reasonable

[quote name='confoosious']You as a kid: Where is my motherfucking present mom? Where is it?
Like the kid said, mother already fucked it.

[quote name='n00bie']I think people are "bitching" because some people were told "sorry it's not pur policy" whereas others were told "sure, no problem."

We all got a good deal with the $20 gift card, no doubt. However, why not go for an extra $10?

If you found a $20 bill on the ground and then later in the day found a $10 bill, but it was behind a fence, would you hop the fence to get it or just say "nah, I already found a $20, I'm good."

Besides, half the people accusing everyone of "bashing Amazon, or being greedy" have probably already gotten their gift card and/or their $10 adjustment.[/QUOTE]

This isn't about finding $10. Everyone would pick up a $10 bill if it was just lying there.

This is about tricking/browbeating/whining to death someone into giving you $10 because you somehow feel you are entitled to it just because someone else got $10. Meanwhile, you already got $20 from that person and you're just being greedy.

I just received my copy today; although it says it would arrive on the 26th but I'm not complaining haha...too bad I have finals till the 27th =(

first lol of the day.

[quote name='confoosious']This isn't about finding $10. Everyone would pick up a $10 bill if it was just lying there.

This is about tricking/browbeating/whining to death someone into giving you $10 because you somehow feel you are entitled to it just because someone else got $10. Meanwhile, you already got $20 from that person and you're just being greedy.[/QUOTE]
*sigh* unfortunately people like this exist.

People, at the very least please don't post your greedy whining about how you got "screwed" by Amazon and now the world owes you something. Be patient, email amazon like a normal civilized human being OR please just STFU! & GTFO!

bread's done
Back