Red Dead Redemption GS Deal

GameStop.com

This is too good to pass up, especially for PS3 users:

Use code DEADON for free overnight shipping

Special Edition Upgrade:
THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

$10 Towards future order

PS3:
"Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" and the "Walton Gang Outfit"

(GAMESTOP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered another copy for in-store pickup. So I'll be ending up with 2 Special Editions since I ordered one for free overnight delivery right before I found out they were doing a midnight launch at my local GS. If they're giving out those playing cards I want a piece of that action. If not, well the worst case scenario is that I have 2 LE copies of the game. Haha.

[quote name='HydroX']Pre-ordered another copy for in-store pickup. So I'll be ending up with 2 Special Editions since I ordered one for free overnight delivery right before I found out they were doing a midnight launch at my local GS. If they're giving out those playing cards I want a piece of that action. If not, well the worst case scenario is that I have 2 LE copies of the game. Haha.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat here, except that the one I pre-ordered online last week is only getting the overnight shipping and now they're offering release day shipping for the game.:bomb:

As long as bumping me up to the release day shipping wouldn't cost extra I'd email them again and ask for the bump to release day, but I'm like you I want to get a pack of those playing cards.

If it comes down to it, maybe I'll just find an email address for Rockstar and bug them for a pack.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm in the same boat here, except that the one I pre-ordered online last week is only getting the overnight shipping and now they're offering release day shipping for the game.:bomb:

As long as bumping me up to the release day shipping wouldn't cost extra I'd email them again and ask for the bump to release day, but I'm like you I want to get a pack of those playing cards.

If it comes down to it, maybe I'll just find an email address for Rockstar and bug them for a pack.;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Overnight shipping is release day shipping.

[quote name='dino88']I'm not sure what you're talking about. Overnight shipping is release day shipping.[/QUOTE]
I always figured that they shipped them out release day and it arrived the day AFTER release for the overnight shipping. Thanks for clarifying.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I always figured that they shipped them out release day and it arrived the day AFTER release for the overnight shipping. Thanks for clarifying.[/QUOTE]
I've never pre-ordered anything from GS, but this is what it says on the website:

Pre-order Red Dead Redemption by May 17 at 11am CST with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on the street date of May 18!

[quote name='dino88']I've never pre-ordered anything from GS, but this is what it says on the website:

Pre-order Red Dead Redemption by May 17 at 11am CST with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on the street date of May 18![/QUOTE]
This is my SECOND order from them. I'm still waiting for my FIRST order to show up(LBP GOTY for PS3).

It shipped from the West Coast with the value shipping and instead of heading EAST to my home state of PA, it headed out to friggin' Hawaii to be processed.:bomb::roll: While not GS' fault, I can definitely see why the USPS is losing money with these wacked out routes.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i preordered RDR for ps3 before they included all the exclusive stuff, so will my order automatically include the exclusive dlc or do i got to call them or something?

I asked the same question and no awnser, i just know you get the Assassins outfit for sure. When i called and asked earlier about the Limited Edition, he said it was online only but in-store reserves had bonus stuff too

Just to let you guys know the soundtrack is a download. Its on the same DLC card as the deadly assassin outfit.

[quote name='DeppFan']Just to let you guys know the soundtrack is a download. Its on the same DLC card as the deadly assassin outfit.[/QUOTE]
fuck. Then that makes the 'Special Edition' completely and utterly worthless to me then. They'd better be getting some decks of those cards at the midnight launch on Monday night then to compensate for the worthless download only bs 'bonus'.

That's why I didn't get the God Of War 3 Ultimate Edition since the soundtracks were just frickin' downloads, yet the UK version of the Ultimate got not only CD versions of the soundtracks but also the GOW Collection in the box.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']fuck. Then that makes the 'Special Edition' completely and utterly worthless to me then.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, i hate digital soundtracks, especially since im getting the PS3 version, barely have 5 gigs on my drive after installing Agarest War

Ordered from Gamestop.com

Figured if I don't get the special edition, I can hopefully check if my gamestop near me has it in stock and do a swap. Sucks that its just a download of the soundtrack though.

I went to order on GS just to get the outfit but it does not show a outfit for preordering it. It says only you a $10 credit. Did the preorder deal end? I finally decided to check the videos of this game online and wow! I want the best version with a code for a nice exclusive content type thing. I am a sucker for exclusive content for games like these. I can not wait to make a posse!

[quote name='Temidien']To anyone:

I preordered through Amazon but won't be getting the game for over a week b/c of FSSS. Is there anything stopping me from preordering at B+M GS, picking up my copy (along with the preorder dlc codes), then returning the Amazon copy to them a week later with the GS receipt? I know this probably isn't the most ethical practice, but has anyone done it?[/QUOTE]

They got the free overnight deal going on GS for the game right now. I just placed my order and you get $10 credit for a future deal. I see nothing about preorder bonuses which is sorta freaking me out. I wonder if they presold out and no longer can give them with preorders?

[quote name='DeppFan']Just to let you guys know the soundtrack is a download. Its on the same DLC card as the deadly assassin outfit.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean the customized case is just a slightly different cover that says "Special Edition"? Why bother creating a "special edition" at all if the only difference is a piece of paper with a couple of codes printed on it?

im getting it at GS (midnight release) don't really care for the golden weapons or horse or ever the outfit from GS, if i get the code for the outfit when i preorder later today to pick it up tonight ill give someone the code

i just want the game

[quote name='bojay1997']Does that mean the customized case is just a slightly different cover that says "Special Edition"? Why bother creating a "special edition" at all if the only difference is a piece of paper with a couple of codes printed on it?[/QUOTE]

cause someone will buy it.

[quote name='magicjames92']9.7 from ign![/QUOTE]

For the 360 version. Still no review posted for the PS3 version. :cry:

Has anyone found anything yet detailing any differences between the versions from people who have actually played them? I'm not looking for fanboy rants, speculation, or anything like that, I want reports based on actual game experience. I'm still hoping for something to either substantiate or disprove what Cheapy said he'd been told about the PS3 version being "inferior" before I get it, but nothing has turned up yet.

Those who preordered way ahead of time, does your order detail page mention anything that you'll be getting the special edition?

[quote name='arcane93']For the 360 version. Still no review posted for the PS3 version. :cry:

Has anyone found anything yet detailing any differences between the versions from people who have actually played them? I'm still hoping for something to either substantiate or disprove what Cheapy said he'd been told about the PS3 version being "inferior" before I get it, but nothing has turned up yet.[/QUOTE]

I forget where but I read that the graphics are the same, but there is a 600MB install on the ps3. The ps3 also gets more content than 360 though.

[quote name='eau']Those who preordered way ahead of time, does your order detail page mention anything that you'll be getting the special edition?[/QUOTE]

i preordered when it still talked about the SE and my order says nothing about the SE

[quote name='magicjames92']I forget where but I read that the graphics are the same, but there is a 600MB install on the ps3. The ps3 also gets more content than 360 though.[/QUOTE]

Eh, if the size of the install is the only issue, that's not a big deal. I upgraded my PS3 drive to a 500gb last year, so I'm good to go for a while as far as that goes. :D

I did just run across this for what it's worth:
http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=21314985&postcount=4707

I dunno, I read all of the bitching about frame rate issues in Assassin's Creed 2 as well, and they didn't really bother me at all there. So maybe it's not that big a deal after all.

I'd just switch my pre-order to the 360 version and be done with it, but I'd been hoping to be able to play online with my brother, and he only has a PS3. :whistle2:|

[quote name='magicjames92']I forget where but I read that the graphics are the same, but there is a 600MB install on the ps3. The ps3 also gets more content than 360 though.[/QUOTE]
What's special for the PS3?

No notification (via email) but I checked my order status and it says "shipped". I had pre-ordered it using "25OFF" and then later emailed them and had it upgraded to free overnight shipping after the "DEADEYE" coupon came out.

[quote name='styl3s']im getting it at GS (midnight release) don't really care for the golden weapons or horse or ever the outfit from GS, if i get the code for the outfit when i preorder later today to pick it up tonight ill give someone the code

i just want the game[/QUOTE]

I want the f'n playing cards which you can get.....only at WalMart(apparently).:bomb:

EDIT: When I last checked my copy of RDR from the GS website had been listed as shipped. So chances are I'll get that one in the mail tomorrow and have to return it to the store come Wednesday.

[quote name='Sillentassasin']anyone get a shipping notification yet?[/QUOTE]

My order status says "Shipped."

However, I haven't received a code or anything as of now. Will that come once the game arrives?

Yea, I also called all the nearby midnight release gamestops and they had no clue what I was talking about with the playing cards. They did all harass me to come in and preorder the game even if I lied and said I already preordered it. I guess Walmart and maybe Bestbuy are the only ones handing out the cards. I hope I don't get stabbed at Walmart tonight... and maybe I can get more than one set of cards for my good friend ebay.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Yea, I also called all the nearby midnight release gamestops and they had no clue what I was talking about with the playing cards. They did all harass me to come in and preorder the game even if I lied and said I already preordered it. I guess Walmart and maybe Bestbuy are the only ones handing out the cards. I hope I don't get stabbed at Walmart tonight... and maybe I can get more than one set of cards for my good friend ebay.[/QUOTE]
If you could get a few extra decks, I might be willing to make a trade deal for those extras. Not $15-20 a pack Ebay level, but we shall see.:D

Of course, I'm probably going to run up to my local Wally World after my midnight release run to Gamestop and see if I can snag a few decks of cards from them.:evil:

Hopefully not, I think everything should be okay, just a busy day for them Im imagining. Mine says shipped, but my Alan Wake and Split/Second preorder still says "Preorder 5/18/2010". I had the promo codes used for free overnight with both titles guaranteed for release day delivery, so I hope nothing is up, probably isnt, but it would hurt to see the light turn green. :)

The fact that the pre-order bonuses are no longer listed worries me. I think I'm just gonna go with Amazon. Sure I don't get free shipping, but I do get an extra $10 in credit and those Golden Guns.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']The fact that the pre-order bonuses are no longer listed worries me. I think I'm just gonna go with Amazon. Sure I don't get free shipping, but I do get an extra $10 in credit and those Golden Guns.[/QUOTE]

Well technically you can get free shipping with free super saver shipping being that the game is over $25, just not free overnight unless you had been doing a free trial of Prime. Nonetheless, I still think the Amazon pre-order deal is a very solid one.

I want this game, but I'm not sure if I want to save the $10, or pick it up in store. If I had known about the free overnight shipping, I would've ordered it earlier for sure. :whistle2:(

The gs rep told me if i preordered instore now i wouldnt get the special bonus items.
Thats the supidest thing ive ever heard. I want to get the game at midnight tonight but from what ive been told i will be missing out on the preorder goodies if i do.
wtf gaystop

Yeah mine still has not shipped. I am debating about canceling the gs order and go with amazon. The no bonus outfit mentioned scares me.

EDIT: I just got done talking to GS and i have good news for us all. She put me on hold to double check all this info so it looks good.

1. If you preordered it before 11 you will get the preorder bonuses including the yes the cd itself not a digital download and challenge map and outfit bonus as well.
2. The earlier preorders went out first and if you preordered before 11 today it will be sent out later today and come tomorrow if you did the overnight free code.

I am happy i called and shocked they knew exactly what i wanted to know and sounded like they knew what was going on. I guess the goofs in the past with bonus stuff helped them along. I should of asked about if you get cards but i forgot to ask. I was just told about those 3 items and it was coming all bundled in a collectors edition or whatever.

Thumbs up for the OP thanks for the deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is just waiting to ship, I got the free shipping though so I won't get it until the 26th to the 28th I believe. Nevertheless if anyone wants to trade for the playing cards I have no interest in them whatsoever.

- Jason

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Yeah mine still has not shipped. I am debating about canceling the gs order and go with amazon. The no bonus outfit mentioned scares me.

EDIT: I just got done talking to GS and i have good news for us all. She put me on hold to double check all this info so it looks good.

1. If you preordered it before 11 you will get the preorder bonuses including the yes the cd itself not a digital download and challenge map and outfit bonus as well.
2. The earlier preorders went out first and if you preordered before 11 today it will be sent out later today and come tomorrow if you did the overnight free code.

I am happy i called and shocked they knew exactly what i wanted to know and sounded like they knew what was going on. I guess the goofs in the past with bonus stuff helped them along. I should of asked about if you get cards but i forgot to ask. I was just told about those 3 items and it was coming all bundled in a collectors edition or whatever.

Thumbs up for the OP thanks for the deal![/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']any confirmation of online orders coming with playing cards?[/QUOTE]

This is only at BestBuy and Walmart.

[quote name='Mr. 420']The gs rep told me if i preordered instore now i wouldnt get the special bonus items.
Thats the supidest thing ive ever heard. I want to get the game at midnight tonight but from what ive been told i will be missing out on the preorder goodies if i do.
wtf gaystop[/QUOTE]

This is bullshit. If you pre-ordered it online or instore you get the special edition. The preorder Special Edition upgrade was Gamestop's incentive for sales. It was posted on their site for well over a month and also instore posters say the same thing. Some of you guys are bugging out.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']This is bullshit. If you pre-ordered it online or instore you get the special edition. The preorder Special Edition upgrade was Gamestop's incentive for sales. It was posted on their site for well over a month and also instore posters say the same thing. Some of you guys are bugging out.[/QUOTE]

Except that they sold out on their allocation of pre-orders. They can't magically create more download codes and special edition inserts before tonite at midnight. They have what they have and based on their estimates, they won't guarantee the pre-order bonuses if you waited until the very end to pre-order. As long as they aren't giving away the special edition to people who just pre-ordered in the last day or two to the exclusion of those who pre-ordered a while ago, I don't see what the problem is. I suspect most people will get the special edition whether or not they pre-ordered, but if you waited until today to pre-order, you won't get any sympathy here if you don't get the special edition.

bread's done
Back