Red Dead Redemption GS Deal

GameStop.com

This is too good to pass up, especially for PS3 users:

Use code DEADON for free overnight shipping

Special Edition Upgrade:
THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

$10 Towards future order

PS3:
"Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" and the "Walton Gang Outfit"

(GAMESTOP)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Except that they sold out on their allocation of pre-orders. They can't magically create more download codes and special edition inserts before tonite at midnight. They have what they have and based on their estimates, they won't guarantee the pre-order bonuses if you waited until the very end to pre-order. As long as they aren't giving away the special edition to people who just pre-ordered in the last day or two to the exclusion of those who pre-ordered a while ago, I don't see what the problem is. I suspect most people will get the special edition whether or not they pre-ordered, but if you waited until today to pre-order, you won't get any sympathy here if you don't get the special edition.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Preordering helps them manage inventory. Quid pro quo. If you preorder today, you've done nothing for them.

It's too late to add it on now if you didn't already, but Gamestop did also upgrade my preorder to the free "DEADEYE" overnight shipping after I emailed them last night. :) So, for future reference, it's worth emailing or calling them about things like this. They wrote:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

The changes you requested have been made to your order. Please keep in mind that changes made over the phone or through email may not reflect on the web site.

If you have any other questions, please respond to this e-mail.

Aye, it's great that many of us were able to have them add the overnight shipping code to our orders...now if we could only get tracking numbers :p

[quote name='Mr. 420']The gs rep told me if i preordered instore now i wouldnt get the special bonus items.
Thats the supidest thing ive ever heard. I want to get the game at midnight tonight but from what ive been told i will be missing out on the preorder goodies if i do.
wtf gaystop[/QUOTE]
You can have my online pre-ordered copy when it comes in tomorrow.....for $63.59 plus like $4 shipping n DC.;) It should still have the bonuses with it since I ordered at least a few days ago online.:razz:

Otherwise the online pre-ordered copy is going back with my receipt from the copy I'm picking up tonight at midnight.:D

So, for tonight's midnight release party, we are probably not getting anything extra beyond the special edition stuff? I don't know whether to go at 10pm or midnight. I don't care if I show up last, as long as the dudes before me didn't take any available stuff. GS employees that I have asked, & my buddy asked, have no clue about any extras. Can we get a confirmation that nobody's handin' out anything at GS tonight beyond the special edition stuff?

[quote name='Vangerdahast']So, for tonight's midnight release party, we are probably not getting anything extra beyond the special edition stuff? I don't know whether to go at 10pm or midnight. I don't care if I show up last, as long as the dudes before me didn't take any available stuff. GS employees that I have asked, & my buddy asked, have no clue about any extras. Can we get a confirmation that nobody's handin' out anything at GS tonight beyond the special edition stuff?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy and Walmart B&M midnight launches have been confirmed to be handing out AT LEAST the playing card decks.

HOWEVER, according to this post ( http://www.platformnation.com/2010/05/14/exclusive-red-dead-give-aways/) by a Gamestop manager, his store received a bunch of swag (the dynamite looks fucking awesome) to give away...so I'd call your local GS store just in-case...

red-dead-midnight-give-aways.jpg

hmm, I wish my order status for red dead and alan wake change to ship, I have overnight delivery on them both, however both still say shipping on the 18th, funny thing is I recieved the preorder code for alan wake already.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Best Buy and Walmart B&M midnight launches have been confirmed to be handing out AT LEAST the playing card decks.

HOWEVER, according to this post ( http://www.platformnation.com/2010/05/14/exclusive-red-dead-give-aways/) by a Gamestop manager, his store received a bunch of swag (the dynamite looks fucking awesome) to give away...so I'd call your local GS store just in-case...

[/QUOTE]
I just called the local BB and they said they didn't have any decks of the cards, but maybe I got a clerk that lied to me? I also called BOTH GS stores doing the midnight release and they said NO on other goodies as well. I'm hoping that's not true though and they give out some bonus shit for people coming out to get the game at midnight.

does anyone know if the GameStop special edition of Red Dead Redemption has a different item # or appears differently on receipt than the regular version?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']does anyone know if the GameStop special edition of Red Dead Redemption has a different item # or appears differently on receipt than the regular version?[/QUOTE]

my question 2

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']does anyone know if the GameStop special edition of Red Dead Redemption has a different item # or appears differently on receipt than the regular version?[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Best Buy and Walmart B&M midnight launches have been confirmed to be handing out AT LEAST the playing card decks.

[/QUOTE]

guess I'll go early anyway to see if I should come back later or hang out. The manager I talked to the other day when I asked said if GS is doin' a promotion that they would have it too, but I think she was clueless.

Just talked to the local employee on the phone & he said come in at 10:30pm for chips & soda & said that any extras being passed out, if there are any, will be announced when you get there. It could be either way but I'll be there just in case. I wish there was a sneaky employee from Gamestop who'll get on this post to verify... I'll be your best friend! Well, maybe 1 multiplayer match no longer than 20 min.

I would go to (or call) my GS and see if they have swag giving out but I already have it pre-ordered (and shipped) from Amazon and I don't want to be that guy who just shows up for the free stuff when its suppose to lure people in to buy from the store.

that TNT looks incredible.. hopefully my GS will have some free swag when i get there, sadly i wont make it till about 11:30-11:45 so i assume it will all be gone :(

oh well ebay here i come

Does anyone who preordered RDR with the DEADON code from Gamestop.com still have an OPEN status on their Gamestop order?

Mine still says OPEN and I have free overnight shipping, and it's supposed to come tomorrow. If it doesn't. I'll be effin' livid.

If you are that worried about it, I'd call customer service first thing tomorrow morning. I've heard stories of people not receiving "Overnight Delivery" orders, and some receiving ground shipments the day of release.

A lot of it is just hit or miss, and a lot of the time it's in the hands of UPS/USPS/FedEx.

Worst case scenario, contact GS and bitch them out for not having your copy in hand the day of release and they should credit you back something.

On that note, I REALLY wish they would give me a damn tracking number already...

If it makes anyone feel better, nothing has changed in my order history and I haven't received a shipping notice either. But my edge card has finally been charged and this was not the case yesterday. Most likely the site is just bogged down with everyone staring at their order history and they just haven't updated the shipping status.

Now stop watching your inbox and go play one of those hundreds of games you already have in your backlog.

well from that video it seems like its the same as regular game just a sleeve, already ordered from Amazon so will buy GameStop special edition at midnight and return the Amazon copy to GameStop when I get it

ok its 12am on the east coast. hopefully they come back in 30mins to 1 hr to update.

i would love to know if its a special bundle. whats better, amazon's golden gun or the gs exclusive outfit.

[quote name='frpilot']ok its 12am on the east coast. hopefully they come back in 30mins to 1 hr to update.

i would love to know if its a special bundle. whats better, amazon's golden gun or the gs exclusive outfit.[/QUOTE]
Theres a video on the last page...its a slipcover.

So my preorder that I had used the old 25deal on got canceled today. I'm pissed off about that and their so getting a phone call when I wake up tomorrow and if they dont make the price what I had it ordered for and still send me a promo code their getting yelled at for a good 10 minutes before I slam the phone down.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']So my preorder that I had used the old 25deal on got canceled today. I'm pissed off about that and their so getting a phone call when I wake up tomorrow and if they dont make the price what I had it ordered for and still send me a promo code their getting yelled at for a good 10 minutes before I slam the phone down.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure if yelling will solve anything but good luck to you. Do you know why it got canceled?

i was hoping to use the 25off code too for preorder and pick up in store, but was too late. now theres no gs exclusive soundtrack and outfit, 25off/deal code doesn't work.

i just put in an order at amazon. hopefully the golden guns will be just as cool.

edit: wow wtf, amazon delivery estimate is june 1 - june 7 for my order.

Nope I just logged on to check the tracking number and saw that they canceled it instead. As always I'll start out nice and explain the situation and if they solve it thank them for their time I just don't see that happening in this situation due to all my prior involvements with gamestops online customer service.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Nope I just logged on to check the tracking number and saw that they canceled it instead. As always I'll start out nice and explain the situation and if they solve it thank them for their time I just don't see that happening in this situation due to all my prior involvements with gamestops online customer service.[/QUOTE]

Weird... Well from my experience I've had better luck with e-mails than phone calls with GS customer service. I hope all goes well for ya.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Nope I just logged on to check the tracking number and saw that they canceled it instead. As always I'll start out nice and explain the situation and if they solve it thank them for their time I just don't see that happening in this situation due to all my prior involvements with gamestops online customer service.[/QUOTE]

How were you paying for the game? If it was gift card or credit, have you spent any of that since you placed the order? If you didn't have enough to cover the cost, they will cancel the order.

[quote name='frpilot']i was hoping to use the 25off code too for preorder and pick up in store, but was too late. now theres no gs exclusive soundtrack and outfit, 25off/deal code doesn't work.

i just put in an order at amazon. hopefully the golden guns will be just as cool.

edit: wow wtf, amazon delivery estimate is june 1 - june 7 for my order.[/QUOTE]

Just buy the game from wal-mart and return the game when you get it from amazon and you can have red dead tomorrow!

My order still says "open" too, but I just got an email a little bit ago from GameStop with the pre-order bonus codes (Avatar t-shirt and Bright Falls theme) for Alan Wake, which I had pre-ordered on the same order. I'm assuming that means they must be shipping soon, and/or they've already shipped but just haven't updated the status on the site yet.

Ok, feeling much more relaxed, checked my statement and I see where they charged me on the 12th and 14th for both games plus I got the email today about the codes for alan wake, so Im fairly sure they will arive by tommorrow.

[quote name='arcane93']My order still says "open" too, but I just got an email a little bit ago from GameStop with the pre-order bonus codes (Avatar t-shirt and Bright Falls theme) for Alan Wake, which I had pre-ordered on the same order. I'm assuming that means they must be shipping soon, and/or they've already shipped but just haven't updated the status on the site yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on my $10 coupon code for RDR. :T

I preordered on 4/27 but had them upgrade the shipping to overnight with the DEADEYE code and my order now says shipped, whereas it didn't a few hours ago. No email codes yet...

EDIT: I just checked the tracking number. It looks like they didn't upgrade my shipping after all. It's currently in Illinois with a scheduled delivery date of 5/21. Dang :( I really wish they would let you preorder this stuff and pick it up in the store, without losing the coupon codes/deals/etc

[quote name='kyrhon']I'm still waiting on my $10 coupon code for RDR. :T[/QUOTE]

Yeah, haven't gotten those yet for either game. If I remember correctly from the last time I got one, there's a day or two delay after the game ships before the coupon codes get sent out.

Well the B & M freebies are still a mystery. I went to get my receipt stamped & they said that you could hang out w/ chips & soda & play Modern Warfare 2 for an hour or come back around a quarter of twelve to form a line. I have a bad feeling we will get nothing extra, but who knows. The employees were rockin' brand new Red Dead Redemption shirts.

[quote name='Vangerdahast']Well the B & M freebies are still a mystery. I went to get my receipt stamped & they said that you could hang out w/ chips & soda & play Modern Warfare 2 for an hour or come back around a quarter of twelve to form a line. I have a bad feeling we will get nothing extra, but who knows. The employees were rockin' brand new Red Dead Redemption shirts.[/QUOTE]

Where are you at? BB? Wally?

bread's done
Back