Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

so I was out hunting riding my horse in the middle of nowhere when some guy threw me off my horse and tried to take off haha, luckily I shot him before he got away.

[quote name='cthomer5000']My Amazon copy is 39825. Bonus code included in the case. (XBOX)[/QUOTE]

Ok, so now we have confirmed 4 different UPC variations:

Gamestop: 39813 ("Special Edition" with cardboard slipcover & Gamestop content)
Best Buy: 39821 (With War Horse Code in the package)
Amazon: 39825 (With Golden Guns code in the package)
Amazon: 39574 (No code in the case - Mass market release UPC?)

Also got no code inside version from Amazon this is like the 3rd order in a row, if you count the Halo Reach price mistake they refused to match, that I have been screwed over with by Amazon.

That's nonsense. I ordered Wii Fit Plus and some other games and used the Free Value shipping and I have a tracking number for my shipment. Should be here later today

Are you sure? The link they provide is to USPS, but they are shipping UPS. Copy the tracking number and paste it at ups.com. If the numbers starts: 1Z... it's UPS, I believe. It's just a dumb thing their system does - send you a USPS tracking link even when it's UPS.

Thanks guys.

They sent me a tracking number but said it was being delivered by the Post Office, which explains why it couldn't be tracked there.
Just checked UPS and my package left Illinois about 20 minutes ago. Should get here by the 21st.

I also didn't get the Golden Guns Code and my UPC is 710425395741. Guess I gotta e-mail Amazon about this.

EDIT- messed up UPC number

Ordered from Amazon and I didnt get any sort of code in my box or inside my game.

UPC: 710425395741
number on the spine: 39574

so its confirmed that we were suppose to get a code inside the game for the golden guns from amazon??

Argh. I picked up a copy at BestBuy today since my Amazon order shipped late for some reason. Guess I can't open the BestBuy copy and return the Amazon copy to BestBuy though...

Is anybody else having problems with the suckitude of free roam? I got on one time out of 5 tries and I got booted after 20 seconds.

[quote name='wildcpac']Is anybody else having problems with the suckitude of free roam? I got on one time out of 5 tries and I got booted after 20 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Any new game's online mode is gonna have its issues right after release. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time I get my copy, heh.

[quote name='wildcpac']Is anybody else having problems with the suckitude of free roam? I got on one time out of 5 tries and I got booted after 20 seconds.[/QUOTE]

I have.

Sucks.

I'll just wait and play SP until they fix it up.

[quote name='Aceboogz']Game of The Year

nuff said.[/QUOTE]
Major contender for sure we aren't even half way through the year yet though. 2010 has been an awesome year for games thus far.

Well I was hoping to be on today, but UPS wanted a signature so it looks like tomorrow. Sucks the online seems to have problems, but hopefully it gets worked out.

diggin' it so far

and hey guys, stupid question: how do I arrest bounties as opposed to killing them? I know during the tutorial mission the marshall said you can just shoot them in the leg or other non-vital limb and go up to them and arrest them (and I did that during that mission), but it doesn't seem to work with any of the other bounties I've had. I shoot them in the leg to take them down, run up to them and find that I can't do anything else. They end up shooting me some more, so I end up shooting them in the hand or leg again and still find I can't arrest them. In the end they end up being hurt enough that they just die.

Do I need a lasso or something to do this or am I just missing some button prompt?

Last edited by a moderator:
~4 hours in and damn, this is amazing.

I did a bounty mission and while I was battling the leader's goons, he hopped on a horse and fled. I stole a horse and took off after him. He was staggeringly fast and managed to get what seemed like halfway across the map. He finally holed up in some old mission where I caught up to him. After I killed him (haven't figured out capturing beyond shooting their legs) I had to ride back to Armadillo to claim the bounty. The fun part was that every minute, members of his gang would spawn and try to kill me. After probably six ambushes I rolled into Armadillo and ended the madness. I think his flight to the far ends of the earth might have been a glitch.

hmm I am looking to buy 2 copies of this, but wondering what would probably be the best way to do it. I see all these deals out right now, and I don't mind waiting for the second copy. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the gift card to arrive (if i order online from toys r us or walmart). I don't really want to trade anything in, so I am just looking for a good deal

[quote name='punklivz']hmm I am looking to buy 2 copies of this, but wondering what would probably be the best way to do it. I see all these deals out right now, and I don't mind waiting for the second copy. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the gift card to arrive (if i order online from toys r us or walmart). I don't really want to trade anything in, so I am just looking for a good deal[/QUOTE]
TRU had the best deal with the $25 gift card, but it was only available from 10am - 2pm today. As far as I know the Amazon and Wal-Mart $20 GC was a pre-order special, if you can still get the gift card with one of them that's the best deal available. Other than that I know that Best Buy has a $10 card for RZ memembers in the form of 500 RZ points.

If anyone is putting together a Posse and would like to add me my 360 gamertag is AceOfBam, none of my friends are planning on purchasing this and would like a group to roam with.

What are all the codes people are getting for? were these pre-order related? I purchased from Toys R Us to get the 25$ gift card, but no codes were included.

[quote name='Aceboogz']Game of The Year

nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Fallout: New Vegas called and wants to have a word with you.

[quote name='tenma']diggin' it so far

and hey guys, stupid question: how do I arrest bounties as opposed to killing them? I know during the tutorial mission the marshall said you can just shoot them in the leg or other non-vital limb and go up to them and arrest them (and I did that during that mission), but it doesn't seem to work with any of the other bounties I've had. I shoot them in the leg to take them down, run up to them and find that I can't do anything else. They end up shooting me some more, so I end up shooting them in the hand or leg again and still find I can't arrest them. In the end they end up being hurt enough that they just die.

Do I need a lasso or something to do this or am I just missing some button prompt?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you need the lasso. I am pretty sure you get the lasso doing one of the story line missions.

[quote name='keithp']Fallout: New Vegas called and wants to have a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but nobody has played that one yet.

[quote name='punklivz']hmm I am looking to buy 2 copies of this, but wondering what would probably be the best way to do it. I see all these deals out right now, and I don't mind waiting for the second copy. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the gift card to arrive (if i order online from toys r us or walmart). I don't really want to trade anything in, so I am just looking for a good deal[/QUOTE]

You could always buy it from K-Mart for $60, get a $15 gaming coupon on your next purchase that can be used immediately - use that on a second copy of RDR to grab it for $45, then get another $15 coupon to use on a future game. Two copies for $105 plus another $15 coupon for whatever else.

Has to be in store, though.

[quote name='AceOfBam']If anyone is putting together a Posse and would like to add me my 360 gamertag is AceOfBam, none of my friends are planning on purchasing this and would like a group to roam with.[/QUOTE]

Add CAG POSSE to your friends list. Someone on here is keeping track of all of the cag'ers who have RDR.

I just unlocked my Deadly Assassin outfit. Looks bad ass! I'm pretty addicted to this game already. Roaming the country side looking for things to hunt and strangers to help is surprisingly fun.

[quote name='keithp']Fallout: New Vegas called and wants to have a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 as well. ;)

Don't get me wrong. New Vegas looks great and I will likely pick it up, but I don't know about Game of the Year. It's certainly possible, but for a side game that will play very similar to the overrated (yeah I said it) Fallout 3. I just don't see it beating out the likes of Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption right now.

2010 is going to be a tough year for picking GOTY. I could easily see a number of titles taking the honors home this year.

Alright guys I have a retaded question. When I am doing bounties and say I want to keep the "bad guy" alive and not kill him, how do I go about doing this? I have tried to just beat him up with my fists after shooting his leg and making him fall/stumble and it gives me no option to capture him or whatever and I just end up dying or having to kill him...

[quote name='SLeeK719']Alright guys I have a retaded question. When I am doing bounties and say I want to keep the "bad guy" alive and not kill him, how do I go about doing this? I have tried to just beat him up with my fists after shooting his leg and making him fall/stumble and it gives me no option to capture him or whatever and I just end up dying or having to kill him...[/QUOTE]

You probably need the lasso. Do some more storyline missions.

[quote name='wildcpac']Add CAG POSSE to your friends list. Someone on here is keeping track of all of the cag'ers who have RDR.[/QUOTE]

Is that a Gamertag, or do we add that to our friends list on Rockstar Social Club?

just played for a few hours and what a sweeeet game. i like how you have to find "scraps" to unlock new outfits. theres so much to do, just noticed theres 9 avatar items to unlock as well. im curious whos playing as good or bad, so far im 100% good, even helped a woman who was being stabbed in the streets. i already cuts my fingers in 5 finger fillet. i really like the voice acting to especially for john and the sheriff.

I loved Red Dead Revolver and now I love this game! :p I need some horse armor or something though, my damn horses keep dying... :'( I always skin them when they die, I hope this doesn't send the in game ASPCA after me or something!

bread's done
Back