• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
no redboxes near me even sell 360 games. ah well.
Make sure you search for the actual title. They don’t show up if you don’t. Also, I couldn’t get the NBA 2K17 360 to show up at all in the app. But when I switched to the website, it was there and at a few local Redboxes.

Make sure you search for the actual title. They don’t show up if you don’t. Also, I couldn’t get the NBA 2K17 360 to show up at all in the app. But when I switched to the website, it was there and at a few local Redboxes.
I did. With all the sports games. Nada.

I purchased two games and haven't received my emailed receipt nor is the charge showing on my statement. There ever a delay for anyone else? I definitely don't want to trade until they are confirmed purchases (I don't trust them and don't want them to claim they are rentals).

I purchased two games and haven't received my emailed receipt nor is the charge showing on my statement. There ever a delay for anyone else? I definitely don't want to trade until they are confirmed purchases (I don't trust them and don't want them to claim they are rentals).
I bought 5 games after 6pm and I didn't get charged until the next day.

Do you guys just turn in redbox games with the sticker attached? or do you remove them?  Also, it sucks, do you have to give them another sleeve?

Do you guys just turn in redbox games with the sticker attached? or do you remove them? Also, it sucks, do you have to give them another sleeve?
I just take them in Redbox case and all. Then again I have become pretty good friends with the guys at my regular store. They I spend a lot of money with them and wouldn't be the type to trade in stolen stuff.

Do you guys just turn in redbox games with the sticker attached? or do you remove them? Also, it sucks, do you have to give them another sleeve?
You don't need to take off the sticker because they know that ones you didnt return a redbox rental, it will charge your credit card. They will also take your ID and fingerprint claiming that you own the games

Got WWE 2K17 and Madden NFL 17 for 360 for $5 each

Traded in at GS for $31 and some change after the $5 coupon. Good stuff.

Seems like most of my RBs locally were picked clean of these $5 games. Managed to find just 6 in the whole metro area. Turning $30 + tax debit into $70 cash not bad not a wasted afternoon but was hoping to get four of each of the six major qualifiers.

Luckily in my whole life renting and buying from RB never got a fake. Knock on wood.

I mostly cleaned out my machine around me and flipped to GS while also keeping some for myself. My Shadow of War Gold is paid in full now.

I have never gotten a fake from a Redbox though I am anticipating I will at some point.

Got WWE 2K17 and Madden NFL 17 for 360 for $5 each

Traded in at GS for $31 and some change after the $5 coupon. Good stuff.
Dunno if values dropped or what, cause GS TIV shows $8.00 for WWE and $3.00 for madden. Guess I missed that boat.

Nevermind, I can't read.

You don't need to take off the sticker because they know that ones you didnt return a redbox rental, it will charge your credit card. They will also take your ID and fingerprint claiming that you own the games
So I went to bestbuy and the girl refused to take the redbox game... she said no. Later on that night, I went back to pick up a movie, and there was a guy there and he said no problem... I'm so confused by Bestbuy's official policy... Probably will just go to gamestop next time.

Got a couple sets of NBA, WWE, Madden and RBI from a couple local Redboxes. Turned $40 into $145 altogether. Thank you for finding this deal!

Got a couple sets of NBA, WWE, Madden and RBI from a couple local Redboxes. Turned $40 into $145 altogether. Thank you for finding this deal!
my head was going 'How?' but guessing you traded one game at a time and used the $5 coupon for each one? I'm still getting my feet wet and just use it once on a 5 game trade in. Probably missed out on that other $20, plus an extra 20% if I only asked to preorder SoW. I need to git gud lol

I've got access to a few of these, but will only have time to go to one store tomorrow, so is there any kind of bump going on right now that might end after tomorrow?

So I went to bestbuy and the girl refused to take the redbox game... she said no. Later on that night, I went back to pick up a movie, and there was a guy there and he said no problem... I'm so confused by Bestbuy's official policy... Probably will just go to gamestop next time.
Me and a friend went to I gamestop we don't usually go to so i could trade in some redbox games and they tried to charge me a reburb fee on each game without saying. Mentioned it and they said it was because of labor and the price of the generic box lol. Decided to go to my regular place and they even gave me a 5$ trade in bonus. So YMMV

Me and a friend went to I gamestop we don't usually go to so i could trade in some redbox games and they tried to charge me a reburb fee on each game without saying. Mentioned it and they said it was because of labor and the price of the generic box lol. Decided to go to my regular place and they even gave me a 5$ trade in bonus. So YMMV
That refurb crap is bull. Stores have been told specifically by corporate NOT to do this, and not to pull crap out of defective like that.

Source: Buddy is a manager.

any reason gamestop trade in values are showing higher amounts for the ps3/360 version of games such as wwe, nba, madden???

ex: madden 17 is like $3 on the ps4 but $15 on ps3...

didnt know the Thread title was "Redbox Deals to Trade into Gamestop" ugh
tenor.gif

any reason gamestop trade in values are showing higher amounts for the ps3/360 version of games such as wwe, nba, madden???

could be one of two things. one is that they manually update that stuff and theyre a lot slower to update the old versions. in terms of both tradein value AND sales price.

the other, there just may be too many of the ps4/xbone versions to be worth anything.

didnt know the Thread title was "Redbox Deals to Trade into Gamestop" ugh
Yeah, I mean I don’t care what people do but at the same time it sucks when people clear them out just to trade them into GameStop, when I’m just trying to get one copy to actually play. Oh well.

Yeah, I mean I don’t care what people do but at the same time it sucks when people clear them out just to trade them into GameStop, when I’m just trying to get one copy to actually play. Oh well.
play games? I'm sorry but I thought they where just commodities.

This happens all the time to games on all platforms. Not a rare occurrence.

Who the hell actually wanted to play for keeps last years wrestling game on 360 no less? :)

Who the hell actually wanted to play for keeps last years wrestling game on 360 no less? :)
I work with children in foster care. Many of them would love last years wresting game on 360. Don't need to have the newest version of games to enjoy them.

To be fair, I doubt they check Redbox for game deals, so flippers wouldn't hurt them.

Pretty sure I cleaned my town of the 360 $5 games , got WWE 2K17 for Xbox one and about $150 credit for about $40 thanks OP

grabbed 2 WWE and 1 NBA, traded for $40 at BB, time to pre-order GT Sport LE.

updated grabbed 2 more NBA and 1 more WWE, traded for $43, now to preorder ACO.

Trip #3- 1 madden, 1 nba, 1 wwe- $42.

Total haul $125+.  preordered 3 games.

When trading Redbox games to Best Buy do you need to provide a Box? Did you peel off the sticker?
extremely YMMV

technically they can take the disc by itself, and also redbox stickers arent considered damage or defacing. Ive traded in at least 5 redbox games in sleeves with stickers on no problem.

but other people try and get "must be in box", or "i cant take this with a sticker on it" or both. its up to the clerk.

When trading Redbox games to Best Buy do you need to provide a Box? Did you peel off the sticker?
Depends how anal they are, one of mine refuses to take any with that RedBox sticker because they think I stole it even after showing that I purchased them legally.

I dont know about you guys, but my gamestops usually give me a paper sleeve with preowned games even when they have the full case. I'd put a redbox disc in that when trading in because they are going to throw the Rebox case away anyway. At least that leaves you with one hardcase of your own for music CDs or something.

extremely YMMV

technically they can take the disc by itself, and also redbox stickers arent considered damage or defacing. Ive traded in at least 5 redbox games in sleeves with stickers on no problem.

but other people try and get "must be in box", or "i cant take this with a sticker on it" or both. its up to the clerk.
If i get denied at Best Buy, Gamestop would take them right?

no problems from BB by me.  Did a trade today and yesterday, left the RB stickers on no problem.  Two different cashiers too.

bread's done
Back