• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Yoshi and mk11 for ps4. Looked at my confirmation emails and just realized I accidentally placed them for separate boxs a block apart. Hah, dammit.

One I went to said it had metro online but not at the actual booth. Very annoying when it does that. At least it had dmc and crash like I wanted.

When buying games is it better to go to the kiosk and look for it? One near me may have The Crew 2 for XB1 for $8. I don't want to order it online only to find out it's not actually there.

When buying games is it better to go to the kiosk and look for it? One near me may have The Crew 2 for XB1 for $8. I don't want to order it online only to find out it's not actually there.
Either way you're going to go to that particular kiosk, are you not? So why not just pay online?

Yes, and they're difficult to completely get rid of.

Others have mentioned using a blow dryer to heat up the sticker and make it easier to remove, but if you don't have one you could dip a cloth in really hot water and place it on the disc for a minute.

I believe I got some kind of soft ban from Redbox. Ran into the credit card not able to be used at this box message several times. The first time a cleared after a day, but now it's still there. Calling over to the Philippines for "customer service" is not worth the hassle, as they don't fix the problem. The first time the chick told me that just use a different card, so I got a supervisor and they told me it was some type of technical issue with Redbox

I believe I got some kind of soft ban from Redbox. Ran into the credit card not able to be used at this box message several times. The first time a cleared after a day, but now it's still there. Calling over to the Philippines for "customer service" is not worth the hassle, as they don't fix the problem. The first time the chick told me that just use a different card, so I got a supervisor and they told me it was some type of technical issue with Redbox
Either I got a soft ban or full ban, as I can't pay for games online or at the kiosk. I barely ever rent movies/games, and outside buying one game sometime last week, the last time I bought redbox games was several years ago. So not real sure what the issue is.

The first error I received when I tried to purchase games was "card not approved for games". Called up customer service the next day, and they informed me that the kiosk I was receiving that message at had had video game rentals/purchases disabled due to people returning fake discs. I re-attempted to buy games at another kiosk after that, at a different location, and I received an error message that said "Your card could not be authorized. Please try again". I assume since I tried my credit card 2-3 times at the first kiosk, that they disabled it, since I think there's a limit to the number of times you can use one card in a set period.

Jedi Fallen Order is down to $39.99 today. I've been renting it with promo codes, but at this price might be worth jumping on it with GameStop giving guaranteed $30 trade credit for pro members until 12/15.

Redbox is now doing 12 days of deals:

Today's deals:

Rental(s):

The Lion King (live action) - $0.99 at the box

Buy to Own:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (PS4) - $12.99 (normally $17.99)

X-Men: Dark Phoenix (BRD or DVD) - $7.99 (normally $10.99)

Streaming Rental(s):

F&F Presents Hobbs and Shaw - $2.99 (normally $5.99)

Next gen will be more prone to higher game prices for longer because of less options. There will only be the basic Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Ebay, Gamestop and Gamefly to choose from unless you have local pawn shops with a nice game selection or a local game store. I'm honestly surprised Family VIdeo still exists the one in my city closed down like last decade, won't be shocked at all if it doesn't survive. If Gamefly somehow ceased to exist it'd be trouble. 

As far as renting games locally it's now dead unless you have a Family Video I guess. Last decade I never would have guessed that by the end of this decade we'd be where we are. 

Since they're ending game rentals, and thus it behooves them to sell off their stock, I wonder if they've killed this little "feature". A few months ago I ran into it, and it became infuriating - I tried three different cards before I started to think the system was strictly going by the billing name.

I actually want to grab the cases for the titles in their selection to purchase. I will likely be out of luck.

I actually want to grab the cases for the titles in their selection to purchase. I will likely be out of luck.
I reached out to Red Box about this a LONG time ago, and they said that they aren't provided the retail cases for their movies and games. You are indeed out of luck. :)

All Redbox in my area showing $25 for Jedi Fallen Order and Death Stranding. Also $30 for Modern Warfare.
Good looking out, just got Death Stranding and Fallen Order for $52 for both with tax. My area is notorious for quick sell outs at Redboxes.

Jedi Fallen Order is $25 near me, but I still think that's more than I want to pay to add that game to my backlog without a case. I can wait for a good deal with GCU.

I'm in at $25. Sure it will go lower eventually but it's certainly worth that. Hoping to finish it up while trade value is still decent at GameStop.

If anyone gets an Xbox copy of Fallen Order but would prefer a PS4 copy, I might have one to trade. No Xbox copies in the Red Box machines near me but that is my preferred console

Fallen Order for $25?  Why not? 

Also grabbed Death Stranding.  $20 was my "screw it I'll try this weird thing" price, but I didn't expect that for a long time.  Will try now for $25. 

What's the general quality of the discs coming out of Redbox?   I would expect they're a bit scratched up but just wondering.  

Can confirm I'm seeing fallen order for $25 in the Ohio/Pennsylvania area. I'm willing to get it but I may chance it going cheaper.

bread's done
Back