• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea if Redbox will drop prices again? I've been eyeing Days Gone, but they're still widely available at $20.
There's no guarantee of anything. Games are supposed to no longer be sold by Redbox in 2020 and it's 2020. So you will wake up one day possibly any day now and not be able to buy any game with Redbox period.

I have no idea what's going on at the Kiosks but so far games are still on the website.

Any idea if Redbox will drop prices again? I've been eyeing Days Gone, but they're still widely available at $20.
they didn't give an exact date but redbox sent out an email saying sale was ending soon, so I would buy sooner rather than later.

they didn't give an exact date but redbox sent out an email saying sale was ending soon, so I would buy sooner rather than later.
I needed a real answer so here is my chat result with Redbox on the game sale:

Jay Rald: The game sale will end till 2nd. week of the month of January this year.
Zygote: then after that it wont be on sale anymore?
Jay Rald: Yes

Update - a 2nd chat I did the person said games will be on sale while quantities last.

I noticed a couple of price drops today. Days Gone is now $17.99 and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is now $10.99.

Thanks for the updated price on Crash N.Sane Trilogy. Snagged one this afternoon. Passed on RE 2 PS4 and NBA 2k20 PS4 for 14.99 each.

I picked it up for my son but he didn't like it. Must not be a good game.
I tried it for a bit to make sure the disc works (and it does). Mario Kart is far superior, but Sonic seems alright. Controls felt good. I got it for my nephew's birthday coming up. For $10 I wouldn't mind getting it myself, but I already bought the last copy left near me.

Don't know why anyone would buy from Redbox, especially with that atrocious ring around the disc which make it literally unplayable half the time. Unless you're trading it into GS (and they'd be stupid to take a redbox disc) then it makes no sense.
The disc is only used to install and then at each game launch to confirm you still own the game. The actual playing is done from the data installed to the hdd. Never had a problem playing games purchased from Redbox (not that I have many).

Don't know why anyone would buy from Redbox, especially with that atrocious ring around the disc which make it literally unplayable half the time. Unless you're trading it into GS (and they'd be stupid to take a redbox disc) then it makes no sense.
1) The "atrocious ring" doesn't affect playability....ever....in any of my experiences.

2) The "atrocious ring" is removable.

3) Gamestop accepts (unless you have an untrained employee) Redbox games.

Are you really that person that jumps into a thread without understanding what you are talking about, spouts incorrect information, and has no real reason to even post? Yup, you checked all the boxes!

Picked up Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on Xbox for $9.99, having a lot of fun with it so far.

I bought 4 games across 2 cards, 3 for pickup and one at the box. Now, none of my cards work and keep saying card not authorized for games, even at the box. Any idea what’s going on?

I bought 4 games across 2 cards, 3 for pickup and one at the box. Now, none of my cards work and keep saying card not authorized for games, even at the box. Any idea what’s going on?
Fraud protection... just wait until tomorrow and the ban will lift. I'm not sure what triggers it. Sometimes I'm good for multiple games, but usually just one. Also, If you attempt to checkout while "unauthorized" it will block the transaction but still put a temp charge on your card.

I wonder what they are going to do with all those games, hope they dont just toss them in the trash, might check a few trash cans next to every RB in town!!!!!!

Well, it was fun while it lasted! Glad I got to pick a few games for cheap.

Just for reference, my final haul:

MLB The Show 19 - $12.99

The Crew 2 (XB1) - $7.99

NBA 2K20 (XB1) - $14.99

Damn... End of an Era. I flipped a ton of games from redbox. I also actually played and kept a few games too- 🤣 Lots of memories of using a hair dryer to remove those damn stickers. It was great while it lasted!!! (Despite the paper copy discs)

So can anyone confirm if the boxes are still active?
I’ve had my eye on a loner redbox for a few weeks that wasn’t seeing much action - I’ll head back there Friday and see if they’re still there. It had 5 PS4 games I wanted but I was waiting to see how low the prices would go. (Willpower was strong due to backlog)

So can anyone confirm if the boxes are still active?
Yes, boxes are still active, hope prices drop more. Saw a Wolfenstein I think young blood for $5, Division 2 for $5, MLB 19 was I think around $12, and a few other ones. Might keep checking since I still use credits to rent free movies.

Red Box is still in circulation... 

Shitty quality games in multiplication

With the internal rings.

All the internal dings.

Them internal rings blow.

They suck and blow at the same time.  Like a whore.

Oh well.  I'm out the door.

I’ve had my eye on a loner redbox for a few weeks that wasn’t seeing much action - I’ll head back there Friday and see if they’re still there. It had 5 PS4 games I wanted but I was waiting to see how low the prices would go. (Willpower was strong due to backlog)

Same here - I've been keeping tabs on a really rural Redbox that still had Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Mario Maker 2, which were at $24.99 last I checked, hoping they would drop in the next week or so. Curious if $24.99 was as low as first party AAA games are gonna get.

You can still buy games from Redbox but you can't use their website or phone app to find them. I thought the prices would be clearanced but its not yet  Update: 1312020 - box no longer have games.

REST IN PEACE 

[attachment=33623:redbox-stillhasgames.jpg]

You can still buy games from Redbox but you can't use their website or phone app to find them. I thought the prices would be clearanced but its not yet

attachicon.gif
redbox-stillhasgames.jpg
Well poo.

Checked a nearby Redbox that I know had a copy of Sonic Racing last week, and there was nothing left at all today. Not even an option on the screen for games, so they must've sold everything out of that location. Oh well.

They had Mortal Kombat last one at my Redbox and the dude behind me wanted it, so I purchased it and then the dude wanted to argue with me until I said Toasty! And the dude left

Picked up Sonic All Star Racing and PvZ Neighborville yesterday. No luck today though, went to two different locations and both did not have option to buy games. RIP Redbox.

bread's done
Back