Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops or which ones you've grabbed to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Furthermore, I would like to thank our Wiki editors HeatDolphin and Rocko for updating the Wiki. Great job.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse(old one, locked now):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

Guide Lists(master drop lists and recent drops):

Master Drop List(by store, alphabetically):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28master_lists%29

Recent Guide Drops(by date,also check the second post in this thread):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28recent_drops%29

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50515&highlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167157

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
BookPool
CircuitCity
Gamestop
Overstock
StrategyGuides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinavere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't insult a person you see grabbing a ton of guides. ask them if they'll share a few that you want. if they're not willing to share penny guides that they have multiples of, then they are probablyh a douche hoarder. then you can insult them.

[quote name='Rocko']I was expecting my store to pull the guides since they were so many and it was known so early, but they actually tagged them all $.01. Came out with 47 guides. Thanks again, Vahn.[/quote]

Jesus, my best buy usually does that but this time they were all gone...maybe you bought them all...

[quote name='anch']Tustin market place limits 1 copy person, and they have employees pulling from the store opening.
Tustin District cleared the whole shelf after 20 of opening.[/quote]

[quote name='anch']btw, don't bother with the Pasadena store.
A greedy & trashy looking guy filled his basket with more than 30 guides while flipping through all the guides there.[/quote]

Wow - Tustin to Pasadena is 45 miles 1 way. You must really need the guides.

[quote name='punkmaggit']:lol: I hope you get used to looking at those just sitting in a corner. ... or hopefully you have 8 friends that really like Madden![/quote]

i only have to look at a two of them lol, the rest get passed out with friends.

( i live in what used to be brett favre country )

[quote name='gi60']Wow - Tustin to Pasadena is 45 miles 1 way. You must really need the guides.[/quote]

it's really sad my work commute is so far =(

Went back to the same best buy after work (went on my lunch break) and picked up 17 more. I even had the same cool cashier that said, "Did you leave any for me?" I said yes because they still had a ton of pennied guides left. I may check back tomorrow just to see. What I got on my last trip:
Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise
Sonic Chronicles
Wario Land Shake It
Dragon Quest 4
Too Human
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Fracture
Xbox 360 Achievement Guide
Hellboy Science of Evil
Mass Effect (regular)
Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway
Crash Mind Over Mutant
Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy IV

Extremely pissed with the guides today.

Went to Best Buy, found warhammer, WoW Strategy Collection 08, and zelda TP. Otherwise nothing. So I take them to a guy to scan and zelda and warhammer come up full price, WoW was pennied, cashier rings it up no problem.

Went to a gamestop after, found GoW2 LE, Spore LE and about 20 other pennied guides. Went to check them out and they said they can't... they need to be field destroyed.

uhh wtf? I've been buying them at gamestops all over the place. The DM was in the store, and since he's been helping me with my gameboy hunts, I gave them the guides.

But, I got a kickass gameboy game/system haul today. I'll post pics later.

EDIT:

Also, the dude at BB said they shipped out a boatload of guides this morning. :(

I wonder if they are more strict about penny guides. I never read about so many stores pulling guides before and it sounds like a few people had problems buying them. I managed to get 1 Fire Emblem and 1 Sonic Chronicles which were the 2 I wanted.

I went to 5 different Best Buys today and got the following:

Civilization Revolution x2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Soul Calibur 4 LE x2
Spore LE x2
Fire Emblem
Lost Odyssey x3
Mass Effect LE
Fable 2 LE x2
NCAA Football 09
Crash Mind Over Mutant
Hellboy Science of Evil
Mercenaries 2
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy CC: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy IV x2
Tales of Vesperia x2
Elder Scroll IV GOTY x2
WoW: Strategy Collection x2
Dragon Quest IV x2
WoW Dungeon Companion II
WoW Beastiary

Here's how my trip went:

Store 1: The pulls weren't even done yet and I brought doubles of what I bought. The cashier didn't care and the Video Game/Media Manager saw me and said to let me have them. Nice to know him several times after buying some guides. I even asked him once if I found penny guides on the floor, he would let me take them.

Store 2: Pulls were not done either. I picked up 9 guides and the cashier let me have them. Funny thing is, I hear the manager behind me as I leave the door ask the cashier to print up my receipt...I hope she doesn't get in trouble. :whistle2:#

Store 3: I bring up some more guides to buy and they tell me that the guides have to be destroyed. Sad part was that the cashier asked someone first if it was ok to take them and they said yes. Then another person comes behind me and says they have to be destroyed. He did proceed to tell me that I can have the Indy Lego guide for $9.99. I told them politely that I'm not interested and left all the guides.

Store 4: All the guides were pulled. Ack.

Store 5: All the guides were pulled also but were on a cart that someone left behind. Maybe it was someone working on the section. The only guide I wanted was Tales of Vesperia and lo and behold, there were 2. Grabbed them both.

I was thinking that maybe if this drop wasn't as epic, then most of our purchases would go on without batting an eye. Unfortunately, due to the massive list and drop, I think most BB employees were on the ball. I hope it doesn't make getting more penny guides more difficult than it should be. For most of us, BB was the easiest place to score these. If they are gonna be like GS, then ack, our days can be numbered. :cry:

--Michael

warhammer online rang up full price (the one packaged by itself)...otherwise most of the guides were pulled at my location except the WOW strategy collection and a few other not so great ones... gar! bought some 1.50!!!! gum so it was not so suspicious...or something.

[quote name='radman99']Just got back from Santa Cruz BB at lunch - found a bunch still on the rack. Took only 1X of what I wanted and asked a rep to scan them for me. He did and all but Lego Indy came up pennied. He was amazed. He told his co-worker about it, who just shrugged. He said it's a good deal if they ring up that way at the front.

So I take my stack to the front and the guy is like WTF? and calls a manager. She asks where I heard about it and I said "oh, someone on the web said they might be clearanced"... She says it's wrong and I have to buy the game with each book for 50% off. I'm like "I already have some of the games", so she says I'll be right back.

Luckily, another manager (higher up?) walks over and the sales guys tells her they ring up at a penny each and she says "well, you have to sell them to him, but we should pull the rest until we find out what's going on"... The first manager came back and shrugged. WHEW!!!

Got:
Merc 2
Civ Rev
WOW Bestiary & Dungeon 2
SW Clone Wars
Fracture
Gears of War remote control tank (for $10) btw, this looks so cool...

I should have stocked up more, but I figure maybe someone else will get lucky. Hopefully, they only pull the ones I bought, but who knows. I may go back later tonight...[/quote]

Man I feel like smacking my self sooooooo hard. I feel like I am getting punished for not being greedy.

My bestbuy had these

Civilization Revolution x5
Codes & Cheats Fall 2008 x3
Codes & Cheats Winter 2009 x3
Dragon Quest IV x8
Fable 2 Limited Edition x3
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Rings of Fates x8
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 x8
Final Fantasy IV x4
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core x9
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Sims 2 Apartment Life x6
Sims 2 Free Time x6
Soul Calibur IV LE x4
Spiderman: Web Of Shadows x7
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning(BUNDLE) x3
World Of Warcraft Bestiary x1
World of Warcraft Dungeon x2
World of Warcraft Strategy Collection 2008 x6!
XBOX 360 Achievement Guide x3

I decided to just go for the ones I really wanted first.
I grabbed a better condition FF: Crisis Core, 1 Fable 2 LE, 1 Soul Calibur 4 LE.
They rang up a penny, cashier was really nice. I got them and left. Then the guy who checks the things at the door says How did you get them for a penny??? I said they were on sale. I come back 1 hour later to try to get some FF guides and what do I see. In the games section a Girl Worker near the booth thingy with every penny guide. She TOOK THEM ALL OFF THE SHELF!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
I should have taken as much as I could on my first visit. At least the other 2 Fable II LE were still there.

My hall
3 Fable II LE
FF 7: Crisis Core
Soul Calibur 4 LE.

The next best buy is a few miles away from me in New York, so thats it for me. Lession of the day, grab as many as you can.

So those of you who picked up some guides and intend to go back later/another day, they might not be there.

[quote name='anch']it's really sad my work commute is so far =([/quote]

Haha.. yeah. I'm driving 30 miles 1 way myself. Are you still looking for the SC4 guides? Since I got the LE, I have the regular one as extra now. Just pm me.

[quote name='barbblerElf']I should have taken as much as I could on my first visit. At least the other 2 Fable II LE were still there.
[/quote]

But if you bring too many, they will start take notice. So there is no best way, just depends on the cashier really.

[quote name='gi60']Haha.. yeah. I'm driving 30 miles 1 way myself. Are you still looking for the SC4 guides? Since I got the LE, I have the regular one as extra now. Just pm me.

But if you bring too many, they will start take notice. So there is no best way, just depends on the cashier really.[/quote]

The cashier would have had no problem ringing me up. She thought it was really funny that I paid 2 cents the second visit. I will try and go back tomorrow, maybe they decided to put the guides back up. (Yeah right, I;m going to walk there for nothing.)

[quote name='Civickid96']
I was thinking that maybe if this drop wasn't as epic, then most of our purchases would go on without batting an eye. Unfortunately, due to the massive list and drop, I think most BB employees were on the ball. I hope it doesn't make getting more penny guides more difficult than it should be. For most of us, BB was the easiest place to score these. If they are gonna be like GS, then ack, our days can be numbered. :cry:
--Michael[/QUOTE]

With the drop of so many guides and people getting 2 or more to trade, it seems most people are buying 20-30 guides at a time if not more, so it makes it much easier for managers at Best Buy to catch on. It is amusing for someone to rip on a person with 30 guides when there are 45 different guides on the list and by just looking at the posts here, it sounds like that person just got to the store before you and was smart enough to have a shopping cart.

Well with the horrible state of the economy I'm sure all managers at retail stores are looking into every possible option to maximize profits. If traffic in the store isn't there then they have to look at the cost side of things. Maybe in the past pulling these guides in order to get credit back from the publisher was a low priority, but it doesn't seem like the case now. Also the size of the drop had to key some people off to make sure they pull as many as possible. When a couple guides drop it can fly under the radar, but when 40 drop.... Also the fact that the list leaked prior to the drop probably shows that alot of managers were up on this drop.

It is good that some people are still scoring guides though. Gives me some hope that I might still score a couple.

Almost all of the penny guides were pulled at my local BB which is pretty lazy. I ended up with a copy of both sims guides and one of the WoW guides :(

Just got back from a BB in Tulsa where some asshole had loaded up every penny guide in the store in a shopping cart and took them all. He easily had over 100 guides... wtf do you need over 10 copies of a Crash Bandicoot guide for?

Whoever you are I hope you're not a CAG member...

Went to 2 bestbuys first one:

DQ IV x2
Mercenaries 2 x1
FF Crystal C x1
FF Tactics A2 x1
Viva pinata x1
Fire emblem x2
Soul calibur 4 le x2
Wario land shake it! x1
Ninja gaiden 2 x2
tales of vesperia x2
madden 09 le x1
world of warcraft dungeon x1

cashier was awesome, very nice and all, talking about games and such, but...

Second bestbuy had:

FF 4
Spore le
Warhammer

Cashier proceeds to "correct the prices for full price, FF4 she made up a 19.99 price!!! , ask for a manager same bolony about computer glitch they have to fix it bla bla, so i left.

PS:
Doubles that i got up for trade looking for FF 4 and FF crisis core, first Bestbuy was mcallen s jackson with plenty of guides left, almost all the list from Vahn, thanks Vahn btw!!

Got most of the guides in the drop today. Even better, all the employees were EXTREMELY nice; it was almost creepy. But those employees will be the reason why my future purchases will be from those Best Buys.

The funniest thing that happened was at Pasadena where I had an employee scan about 5 guides for me. Another employee walked over and saw that they were $0.01 and asked "WHERE ARE THOSE GUIDES?" So I showed him and he bought some of them himself. He was so happy because he said his nephews all had Spore and they would love the Spore LE guides. I joked and asked how much he would save with his employee discount.

Great day all in all.

well the return trip ended successfully - 53 guides total today, thank in no small part to telling the employee helping me that I always send a portion of twhat I get to the GetWellGamers - he brought out the whole rack, told me which ones were on hold for staff, and said "help yourself - just leave some for tomorrow and you can grab the rest on Wednesday or Thursday".

Good times.

At a BB I go to sometimes, where often prices aren't updated, and penny guides are never pulled, all of the new drops were pulled today. Making it even more frustrating, stupid penny guides nobody wants (Rock Band, Codes & Cheats Spring 2008) were still out. A very frustrating trip today indeed.

oh, since I didn't see any - are these Soul Calibur 4 LE guides including the soundtrack like the ones at Gamestop did? If so, if anyone wants to do a swap for one I'm all for it.

Picked up a shit ton of guides today, but I pretty much started picking shit up just because I made the trip to the store. I'm in a pretty sour mood cuz I hit around 6 Best Buys in my area and none of which had Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY(BLACK) or FABLE II Limited Edition. I really would have been happy just to pick those two up and walk out of the store and be done for the day. I know gettin' some guides is better than nothin', sorry to the peeps that weren't able to get any drops. I'll compile a list of what I have later and post it.

Oh shoot, Fable 2 LE was pennied. Had I realize I would have grabbed one (or ten) to trade off. Failure. :( I still have about a half dozen more stores I could hit later though if I feel like it.

Oh well, still got about 10 SC IV LEs (and stashed like 10 more xD ) as well as LO and NG2 guides (which were the only ones I wanted which I didn't have). Thanks to the poster of the drop list, and BB for not familiarizing their employees with their media disposal procedures. xD

I'm in New Jersey and before I take a bus to NY tomorrow did any NY cags clear out their best buys totally?

Edit: And man some of you are lucky to have 5+ stores to visit. I have 1 near me and the rest are a few miles away in NY

Just got home from work lol - I see a list has been posted, I have the full list here and will confirm / add right now...

[quote name='Torrwin']Just got back from a BB in Tulsa where some asshole had loaded up every penny guide in the store in a shopping cart and took them all. He easily had over 100 guides... wtf do you need 10 copies of a Crash Bandicoot game for?

Whoever you are I hope you're not a CAG member...[/quote]* must *

* contain *

* rage *

*** failed ***

Come on! All I needed was a couple ME guides!

[quote name='loxthefox']Time to give Wheaton a try, managed to get a ton last drop.

P.S. If anyone has any luck at the Germantown and Rockville BB's in MD, let me know.[/quote]

Good luck at Rockville, the management there sux when it comes to penny guides and price matching....

After trying a number of other times, I finally scored some penny guides today! I wasn't going to go and check, but they had a CD on sale, so I gave the section a look. Picked up a bunch of wants there and at another store.

I rechecked the list at lunch today and realized that I had overlooked Fable II LE, so I went back to the two stores. The one store was pulling guides while I was there (and didn't have Fable II LE anyway), so I went back to the original store and they still had them on the shelves. Never before had I found the guides, let alone had thought that they would be around so late in the day.

I'll post up some of my extras for trade later tonight in the other thread. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean she was there, saw the guides that were supposed to be a penny, yet went next door and then when she came back was SHOCKED to find that someone else had cleaned the place out?

Seriously, when I see something that I know is supposed to be REALLY cheap, I get what I want and THEN go elsewhere.

Oh and SacredDoctor, no offense but PERIODS and proper punctuation are your friend.[/quote]

There is no way I can possibly argue with such sound logic, but I won't pretend to understand the ways of a woman. I will just smile and thank the God(s) for a wife that will spend her Monday morning hunting penny guides for her husband!

I am still curious if it was a local CAGer that cleaned em out. I could use someone close by to trade guides&games / be on the lookout for stuff for each other etc. So if you hit up the BB in Chattanooga, TN let me know. I know there is at least one CAGer around because we both frequent the Blockbuster on Hixson Pike and one of the guys that works there always gives me a hard time about it.

Grats to everyone with better luck than me! I ended up with one Warhammer bundle and one Viva Pinata, so I didn't come away completely empty handed!

Went to 2 stores today, got almost everything I wanted. Checking 1 more tomorow for tales of vesperia, elder scrolls GOTY, and lost odyssey. So if I can't find these tomorow, i'll be seeking them out from you wonderful people.

And I'm glad to hear some people found good hauls, better some CAGS then none at all. I'm happy to have 4 stores within an hours distance.

Silverdale, WA was all pulled by the Employees. Don't bother to go, the section was picked clean. First and last ever penny guide hunt. I wanted AC and LO for myself, and came out with nothing.

I had a great haul with many duplicates, but no luck with getting - 1) the legend of zelda twilight princess 2) civilization revolution or 3) ninja gaiden 2

Will trade if anyone is interested I hauled in over 120+ guides today. PM me if interested in trading.

Let me know what u want as I am looking for the 3 above. Thanks

I even got the cheat and 360 achievement guides

[quote name='elkanich']I had a great haul with many duplicates, but no luck with getting - 1) the legend of zelda twilight princess 2) civilization revolution or 3) ninja gaiden 2

Let me know what u want as I am looking for the 3 above.[/quote]

Some of you guys need to make a Have/Wants link immediately so we can get this show on the road.

[quote name='vahn401']Love me or hate me, but Vahn redeems himself today

The following is the penny guide drop for Best Buy on Monday, 2/2/09, complete with skus

PRIMA
8988287-Spore limited edition bundle
8927673-Madden NFL 09 Limited Edition
9007424-Wario Land Shake It!
8732534-Sims 2 Freetime
9132734-Star Wars Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duel
9007488-Brothers In Arms: Hell's highway
9078366-Fracture
8893673-Battlefield: Bad Company
9088523-Crash: Mind over mutant
9007371-Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
9078348-Sonic Chronicles: Dark brotherhood
8893628-Hellboy: Science Of Evil
8893708-Too Human
8914366-NCAA Football 09
8988303-Mercenaries 2: World in flames
8364156-Mass Effect
8993636-Viva Pinata-Trouble in Paradise
8988358-Sims 2 apartment life
8640358-Mass Effect Limited edition
8595282-Fire Emblem
8607741-Assassin's Creed
8873196-Ninja Gaiden 2
8533036-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY
9007512-Codes & Cheats Fall 2008
8695762-Lost Odyssey
8540475-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY (I don't know the difference)
8174502-Twilight Princess Zelda wii
9168394-XBOX 360 Achievement guide
9157798-Codes & Cheats Winter 2009
8507608-Pokemon Pocket Pokedex vol. 2

BRADY
9078507-Spiderman:Web of Shadows
9047621-Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals
8632759-World Of Warcraft Bestiary
8999033-Dragon Quest IV
8734667-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:rings of Fates
8943842-Soul Calibur IV Limited Edition
8853788-final Fantasy Tactics A2
8632857-World of Warcraft Strategy Collection 2008
9101456-Fable 2 Limited Edition
8514333-World of Warcraft Dungeon
8943888-Final Fantasy IV
8734676-Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
8853813-Civilization Revolution
8120348-Final Fantasy XII
8998882-Tales of Vesperia
8209486-World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade

So thats everything, that gives all CAGS 2 days of notice to find the guides they want, hide them or do what they need to, there is no reason why no CAG should not get the guides they want.

...Vahn is back.[/quote]

The list is complete and correct.

And please do not ask me to post lists like this BEFORE the drop happens. I have no problem confirming drops AFTER they happen. But I like my job too much to put it at risk by posting info like this before it happens.

Is there any other questions about the drops today like what is what? Or is that already taken care of already. And do not bother going to the store I work at, I pulled the guides pre-opening :bouncy:

I went to the 2 stores in Paramus NJ and they both had plenty of everything in stock. The one on 17 North had the most. Managed to get all I wanted

[quote name='genfuyung']Jesus, my best buy usually does that but this time they were all gone...maybe you bought them all...[/QUOTE]
Left at least one copy of most of I bought, I believe, and didn't buy a lot of stuff that was there (like Hellboy).

Not that it matters, as I'm 95% sure no one else buys penny guides at my store (though that may change now that they marked these at one cent).

[quote name='Havok83']I went to the 2 stores in Paramus NJ and they both had plenty of everything in stock. The one on 17 North had the most. Managed to get all I wanted[/QUOTE]

Would you mind pming me whats left. Im planning on going there tomm but ie there is nothing then i wont go

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hey, just saw some people are from the Joliet area! Wassup gents. Anywho, I checked that store out this morning before my train, and they have most of the guides, but none of the Final Fantasy guides, Fable, Mass Effect... argh. Well, technically, they had FF Crystal Chronicles and A2, but I got the last ones. There was at least a decent pile of Soul Cal. LE's, Dragon Quest IV, Fire Emblem, Too Human, Mercenaries, Battlefield Bad Company, Spore LE, BiA Hell's Highway, Hellboy, Pokemon Pocket Pokedex, Ninja Gaiden 2, Sonic Chronicles, Spectropbes, and Wario Land. By decent pile, I mean between 3-15 depending on the guide (sooo many Too Humans, lol). There was also 1 more Viva Pinata when I left. I got one each of the above, so I'm pretty happy. Hoping a buddy can score me a Tales though, that was one of my biggest wants.[/quote]

dang there was no sc4 le when i went around 4 oclock. had like 20 spore and madden les though

okay here's my haul:

Assassin's Creed (Real Crap Condition/Looks like someone wiped their ass with it)
Assassin's Creed LE (Great Condition)
Battlefield Bad Company
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Civilization Revolution
Crash Mind over Mutant
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy IV x2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Fracture
Hellboy: Science of Evil
Lost Odyssey x2
Madden 09 LE
Mass Effect LE x2 (one is really nice, the other not so much)
Mercenaries 2 x2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Soul Calibur 4 LE (Only picked up one, but I had seen well over 20 at the various BB I stopped at)
Spiderman: Web of Shadows
Spore LE Bundle x3 (one for myself, one for my dad, one my Autistic Client who really liked the pictures)
Tales of Vesparia
Too Human
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
360 Achievement Guide

Old Drops:
Super Mario Galaxy: Collector's Edition x2
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass x3

I may hit a couple more stores to the North to see if I can acquire the elusive Elder Scrolls IV GOTY guide and the Fable II Limited Edition guide.

Yikes, the Westbury, NY store went after these guides really hard. They even found the two sets of guides I had stashed away. I hid them (really well), and I'm really surprised they went that far. Not a big deal, as I found everything I wanted at another store.

Picked up the following, if anyone is interested PM me:

Fable II LE
Mass Effect
Oblivion GOTY
Assassin's Creed
Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Quest IV (x2)
Ninja Gaiden II (x 4)
Madden 09 LE (x2)
Brothers in Arms: HH (x2)