Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops or which ones you've grabbed to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Furthermore, I would like to thank our Wiki editors HeatDolphin and Rocko for updating the Wiki. Great job.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse(old one, locked now):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

Guide Lists(master drop lists and recent drops):

Master Drop List(by store, alphabetically):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28master_lists%29

Recent Guide Drops(by date,also check the second post in this thread):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28recent_drops%29

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50515&highlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167157

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
BookPool
CircuitCity
Gamestop
Overstock
StrategyGuides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinavere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is different about the updated Bioshock guide?
I know it says it was updated for PS3, but flipping quickly through it, I didn't see things that were called out as specific to PS3.
The only thing I saw is a poster in the back that they claim has both 360 Achievements AND PS3 Trophies listed on the back.
Is that it?

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I checked guides that were not on the BB website:

Metal Gear Solid (hardcover) $30
Lego Batman $20
Lego Indiana Jones $10

007 Quantum Solace .01
Crash Mind Over Mutant .01
FF Tactics A2 .01
Silent Hill Homecoming .01

I went to 4 BB's and 2 had none of the guides missing from the website displayed. They were either pulled or someone got there before me. I got to one 10 minutes before open and saw some frugal looking people ;) waiting outside, but I could not wait so I don't know what happened at that store. I will hit 3 more stores on my way home and report again.

Just had my wife price a Gears of War 2 LE and it was $30.[/quote]

TY so much for this post Papa! It made me litterally run out the door with my hair still wet from the shower to go price check guides! Went to three BBs and was able to snag 2 copies of almost every guide that dropped! One of the stores had already pulled them so i wasn't able to get more than one extra. If anyone wasn't able to get something then let me know i'd but up for a trade as always!

Aarrgh! My Best Buy pulled all of the new penny guides today before I could get there tonight! There were entire sections missing on the guide shelf. I spied a cart full of the guides over in another aisle, but employees were mulling about. So I waited for them to leave and grabbed everything I could. Put those in the car, went back and got more. I can't help it, I'm a CAG.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']TY so much for this post Papa! It made me litterally run out the door with my hair still wet from the shower to go price check guides! Went to three BBs and was able to snag 2 copies of almost every guide that dropped! One of the stores had already pulled them so i wasn't able to get more than one extra. If anyone wasn't able to get something then let me know i'd but up for a trade as always![/quote]

You're welcome. Isn't that what CAG is all about? Maybe I truly am a noob. I have lurked for quite awhile and am happy to make whatever contribution I can. I am lucky to be in the land of Target and Best Buy, so I got all I wanted too.

PS Mondays are crazy round here!

Why did you get kicked out? As for me, landed everything on the list that I wanted. Dude up front was only really surprised by the Madden CE at .01

If I call BB to see if they have a guide in stock, can I ask them to hold it? Or will they scan it to make it unavailable and can override to full price when I pick it up?

On the day of the last drop, I called BB to see if there was a Lost Odyssey guide. The lady said no. Then, I went there and bought one of the last few Lost Odyssey guides they had.

Moral of the story: Go there yourself, especially if your BB has multiple guide sections (like mine)

[quote name='eugaet']You don't really want to call. It'll notify them that there are guides that they should have pulled.[/quote]

I was too impatient waiting for a reply. I called and they had 1 Bioshock which they are holding for me. However, she said it was 19.99. I probably can't get there until later in the week so either 1) they'll reshelve it or 2) pull it

I'm thinking it's the first one because I had success getting some guides there before and she told me full price when I went to another BB and they said it's been discontinued and destroyed, so she probably just looked at the cover price when quoting me(hopefully not the override).

BTW, when the other BB told me destroyed, I actually drove around back to see where the dumpster was. I am such a loser.......:drool:

[quote name='boneless']If I call BB to see if they have a guide in stock, can I ask them to hold it? Or will they scan it to make it unavailable and can override to full price when I pick it up?[/quote]

[quote name='boneless']
BTW, when the other BB told me destroyed, I actually drove around back to see where the dumpster was. I am such a loser.......[/quote]

Never, ever, EVER call for a deal!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You ruin any chances you have, since the employees may check the system and see that the item in question is low priced and either pull it or hide it for themselves and tell you it's NOT in stock.

I mean, I've had the local store check the entire district for a certain deal before, but I make sure I can see the screen when they're price checking for me, so I can see the 'available on hand' and price columns of the page.

As long as I see 0's in the available row and/or a higher price than the price it should be(since Best Buy clearance is HIGHLY YMMV), then I just say thanks and walk away.

By the way, in the back of Best Buy, you probably saw that they have an enclosed dumpster, right? Most larger retail stores have compactors, which basically stops ANYONE from trying to climb in and dive out the stuff they normally toss during any given day.

At least from my experiences with larger chains, that's the way it usually is. Of course, I also checked behind my closest Best Buy the one Black Friday morning when I was actually stuck 3/4's of the way behind the damn building anyway waiting in line.

I did get Midnight Club: LA x2, Silent Hill:Homecoming x2, a Soul Calibur IV and Bioshock. Didn't know that Infinite Undiscovery and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 was on that list. Gotta head back there tonight or tomorrow to grab those two. Thanks for the update everyone!

--Michael

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Never, ever, EVER call for a deal!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You ruin any chances you have, since the employees may check the system and see that the item in question is low priced and either pull it or hide it for themselves and tell you it's NOT in stock.

I mean, I've had the local store check the entire district for a certain deal before, but I make sure I can see the screen when they're price checking for me, so I can see the 'available on hand' and price columns of the page.

As long as I see 0's in the available row and/or a higher price than the price it should be(since Best Buy clearance is HIGHLY YMMV), then I just say thanks and walk away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly. I thought that would be obvious to anybody. I'm shocked to see that anybody would actually do that. If you call, you might as well just throw the guide away yourself. Besides, what store is going to hold a penny guide for a customer for several days??? Honestly, do people even think before they act anymore??

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Honestly, do people even think before they act anymore??[/quote]

Do you really have to ask that? Or was that a rhetorical question? :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm assuming you mean the Warhammer bundle, fuss? That was one of the ones that dropped the last time, but was raised back up the next day or whatever.[/quote]
I have Warhammer Online: AG then it cuts off. We did not have it in stock, so I can not say 100%. I can check RSS on Tues night.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Also, which WOW's dropped? I know the WOW guide bundle dropped the last time, but I'm unsure if it was one of the ones that was raised back up or not.[/quote]
it cuts off after the BU - I never paid real attention to the WoW guides and we did not have any in stock. Again - I can check RSS for you.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Yeah, exactly. I thought that would be obvious to anybody. I'm shocked to see that anybody would actually do that. If you call, you might as well just throw the guide away yourself. Besides, what store is going to hold a penny guide for a customer for several days??? Honestly, do people even think before they act anymore??[/quote]
I dunno - if the BBY was too lazy to pull it and you do not ask how much it is there is a good chance they will hold it for you. Just do nto get too greedy and hope you get somebody that will actually LOOK for you. Afterall, you only get the guides from BBYs that are not on top of thier job, whats a phone call going to do?

[quote name='boneless']If I call BB to see if they have a guide in stock, can I ask them to hold it? Or will they scan it to make it unavailable and can override to full price when I pick it up?[/quote]

These guides are not supposed to be for sale like this. They are supposed to be pulled/destroyed sent back to the publisher. If you call and ask to check on a price, it alerts the employees they have something on the floor that isn't supposed to be there. Please don't call.

[quote name='fuss']I have Warhammer Online: AG then it cuts off. We did not have it in stock, so I can not say 100%. I can check RSS on Tues night.

it cuts off after the BU - I never paid real attention to the WoW guides and we did not have any in stock. Again - I can check RSS for you.[/quote]

Thanks on both, fuss. I'm assuming that one of the WOW's is the bundle I got when they accidentally dropped it and the Warhammer is the one with the atlas and guide.

The other WOW book is probably the Burning Crusade guide.

Listen guys, I know all about not calling for deals and prices. I did not ask for the price, I only called to ask if it was in stock. If they didn't have it, I can live without it. But I'm not driving 30mins out and 30mins back to find it empty. Luckily, they did find it, except she quoted me full price when I didn't ask for a price, just if it was in stock. Therefore I assume they only saw the cover price and told me that. If they don't have it when I get back there later this week, then fine, I'm not a slave to penny guides.

Does there happen to be any disappointed CAGs in Fayetteville, NC? My room mate (who is there visiting home on spring break) just called me to let me know that him and two friends annihilated the penny guides there and he said as he was leaving he overheard someone in the guide section saying something along the lines of "Someone already got to them." They wound up getting about 30 guides total, some from the last drop (Tales of Vesperia + Sonic Chronicles) so I'd be surprised to hear that there is any CAGs there.

[quote name='eugaet']Storytime! [grabs popcorn][/quote]

Its one of the dumbest reasons I ever head in my life. I went to the first best buy today and got a whole bunch of guides with no problem. Then I went the another one. Huntington ny and I got a couple of guides. I have went there before with no problem. Any way after they scanned them all it came to 23 cents and before I could pay the cashier said hold on and went to get a manager. I asked him why he said I don't know why there coming up a penny. I tried to explain it to him. Anyway the manager comes and says I can't sell you these for a penny and the lowest I could do is 20 cents each. I said if there ringing up a penny and there pennid out why can't you sell me them. She said there not really a penny and there just a code 001 saying to take them off the shelf. I asked if they were not taking off the shelf why cant I buy them and she said that Bestbuy did not get the notice to take them off the shelf and I am using illegal infomation or I know someone who works at bestbuy that is telling me. I said there all over the internet just look and she said that the only way I would be able to get them before bestbuy does is knowing someone that works there. I told her that I spoke with best buy corporate and they said its ok and if there on the shelf you have to sell them for what they ring up for. Anyway after about 30 min of going back and forth she said I'll sell them to you for a penny now for the only time but never again and its the first time that some one is buying them. I told her I have got them from that store before and she got really really mad. Then she said there is no way I could have got them from that store because they would not allow it. She said she is going to make sure there never on the shelf again and I am not welcome to come back into the store. I asked why and she said because I am using illegal info on these guides and I am selling them on ebay and making money from bestbuy. so i got the guides and left.

[quote name='boneless']Listen guys, I know all about not calling for deals and prices. I did not ask for the price, I only called to ask if it was in stock. If they didn't have it, I can live without it. But I'm not driving 30mins out and 30mins back to find it empty. Luckily, they did find it, except she quoted me full price when I didn't ask for a price, just if it was in stock. Therefore I assume they only saw the cover price and told me that. If they don't have it when I get back there later this week, then fine, I'm not a slave to penny guides.[/QUOTE]

You missed IATCG's point. Even if you are calling only for stock, they will see the price in the system and be alerted and either quote you the full price (which is what, apparently, happened in this instance) or pull the guides. If they pull the guides, any other CAG's in the area are now left without the guide.

[quote name='Fatagooyman']Its one of the dumbest reasons I ever head in my life. I went to the first best buy today and got a whole bunch of guides with no problem. Then I went the another one. Huntington ny and I got a couple of guides. I have went there before with no problem. Any way after they scanned them all it came to 23 cents and before I could pay the cashier said hold on and went to get a manager. I asked him why he said I don't know why there coming up a penny. I tried to explain it to him. Anyway the manager comes and says I can't sell you these for a penny and the lowest I could do is 20 cents each. I said if there ringing up a penny and there pennid out why can't you sell me them. She said there not really a penny and there just a code 001 saying to take them off the shelf. I asked if they were not taking off the shelf why cant I buy them and she said that Bestbuy did not get the notice to take them off the shelf and I am using illegal infomation or I know someone who works at bestbuy that is telling me. I said there all over the internet just look and she said that the only way I would be able to get them before bestbuy does is knowing someone that works there. I told her that I spoke with best buy corporate and they said its ok and if there on the shelf you have to sell them for what they ring up for. Anyway after about 30 min of going back and forth she said I'll sell them to you for a penny now for the only time but never again and its the first time that some one is buying them. I told her I have got them from that store before and she got really really mad. Then she said there is no way I could have got them from that store because they would not allow it. She said she is going to make sure there never on the shelf again and I am not welcome to come back into the store. I asked why and she said because I am using illegal info on these guides and I am selling them on ebay and making money from bestbuy. so i got the guides and left.[/quote]

That's why you don't try to hoard 23 guides at one time.

How does saying $0.20 a guide make much more of a different than a penny? Ridiculous how they make up their own rules. The sad thing is if you complained to corporate they would probably side with the manager. I once had an issue with a manager refusing to honor a legitimate Best Buy coupon that I was using within the terms from. I complained and the reply was manufacturer's coupons have restrictions and what the manager said is final (except it wasn't a manufacturer's coupon). It was like they didn't care what I had to say.

Just another reason to add to the list of many reasons I hate Best Buy and will only go in there for penny items.

[quote name='Fatagooyman']Its one of the dumbest reasons I ever head in my life. I went to the first best buy today and got a whole bunch of guides with no problem. Then I went the another one. Huntington ny and I got a couple of guides. I have went there before with no problem. Any way after they scanned them all it came to 23 cents and before I could pay the cashier said hold on and went to get a manager. I asked him why he said I don't know why there coming up a penny. I tried to explain it to him. Anyway the manager comes and says I can't sell you these for a penny and the lowest I could do is 20 cents each. I said if there ringing up a penny and there pennid out why can't you sell me them. She said there not really a penny and there just a code 001 saying to take them off the shelf. I asked if they were not taking off the shelf why cant I buy them and she said that Bestbuy did not get the notice to take them off the shelf and I am using illegal infomation or I know someone who works at bestbuy that is telling me. I said there all over the internet just look and she said that the only way I would be able to get them before bestbuy does is knowing someone that works there. I told her that I spoke with best buy corporate and they said its ok and if there on the shelf you have to sell them for what they ring up for. Anyway after about 30 min of going back and forth she said I'll sell them to you for a penny now for the only time but never again and its the first time that some one is buying them. I told her I have got them from that store before and she got really really mad. Then she said there is no way I could have got them from that store because they would not allow it. She said she is going to make sure there never on the shelf again and I am not welcome to come back into the store. I asked why and she said because I am using illegal info on these guides and I am selling them on ebay and making money from bestbuy. so i got the guides and left.[/QUOTE]

In what universe is $4.60 for 23 guides outrageous?? I'd rather pay that than not get them at all.

[quote name='Fatagooyman']Its one of the dumbest reasons I ever head in my life. I went to the first best buy today and got a whole bunch of guides with no problem. Then I went the another one. Huntington ny and I got a couple of guides. I have went there before with no problem. Any way after they scanned them all it came to 23 cents and before I could pay the cashier said hold on and went to get a manager. I asked him why he said I don't know why there coming up a penny. I tried to explain it to him. Anyway the manager comes and says I can't sell you these for a penny and the lowest I could do is 20 cents each. I said if there ringing up a penny and there pennid out why can't you sell me them. She said there not really a penny and there just a code 001 saying to take them off the shelf. I asked if they were not taking off the shelf why cant I buy them and she said that Bestbuy did not get the notice to take them off the shelf and I am using illegal infomation or I know someone who works at bestbuy that is telling me. I said there all over the internet just look and she said that the only way I would be able to get them before bestbuy does is knowing someone that works there. I told her that I spoke with best buy corporate and they said its ok and if there on the shelf you have to sell them for what they ring up for. Anyway after about 30 min of going back and forth she said I'll sell them to you for a penny now for the only time but never again and its the first time that some one is buying them. I told her I have got them from that store before and she got really really mad. Then she said there is no way I could have got them from that store because they would not allow it. She said she is going to make sure there never on the shelf again and I am not welcome to come back into the store. I asked why and she said because I am using illegal info on these guides and I am selling them on ebay and making money from bestbuy. so i got the guides and left.[/quote]

Nice that you got the guides, but you really couldn't come up with $4.60 for 23 guides? I would have made nice and come back for more. It is never a good idea to piss off the managers. Just ask my wife.

[quote name='Fatagooyman']Its just the idea that it was coming up for a penny and there making prices up.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but that's where the saying "pick your battles" comes into play. If it was either full price or nothing, then I could understand. In your situation, I would just think to myself "that's a silly and arbitrary figure, but I'm still getting approximately $400 worth of guides for $4.60, so why rock the boat?". That way, you can leave and everyone is happy and you won't have to worry about being red flagged or kicked out, and you still got a ton of guides for the price of a value meal.

I'm all for waving the banner for causes and standing on my soapbox when need be, but this isn't one of those situations.

Since when is saying "I've gotten them there before" a good thing? Just ignore these asshole managers. Agree with them if they say "Okay, I'll sell them for a penny." Even if it was $0.20 each I would have taken them.

Wish I knew this when I was out earlier today, just going to have to hope for good luck tomorrow. I should start checking this topic more in the day and rather at night...

[quote name='Fatagooyman']Its one of the dumbest reasons I ever head in my life. I went to the first best buy today and got a whole bunch of guides with no problem. Then I went the another one. Huntington ny and I got a couple of guides. I have went there before with no problem. Any way after they scanned them all it came to 23 cents and before I could pay the cashier said hold on and went to get a manager. I asked him why he said I don't know why there coming up a penny. I tried to explain it to him. Anyway the manager comes and says I can't sell you these for a penny and the lowest I could do is 20 cents each. I said if there ringing up a penny and there pennid out why can't you sell me them. She said there not really a penny and there just a code 001 saying to take them off the shelf. I asked if they were not taking off the shelf why cant I buy them and she said that Bestbuy did not get the notice to take them off the shelf and I am using illegal infomation or I know someone who works at bestbuy that is telling me. I said there all over the internet just look and she said that the only way I would be able to get them before bestbuy does is knowing someone that works there. I told her that I spoke with best buy corporate and they said its ok and if there on the shelf you have to sell them for what they ring up for. Anyway after about 30 min of going back and forth she said I'll sell them to you for a penny now for the only time but never again and its the first time that some one is buying them. I told her I have got them from that store before and she got really really mad. Then she said there is no way I could have got them from that store because they would not allow it. She said she is going to make sure there never on the shelf again and I am not welcome to come back into the store. I asked why and she said because I am using illegal info on these guides and I am selling them on ebay and making money from bestbuy. so i got the guides and left.[/QUOTE]

"A couple" is not 23. So in the second sentence when you say you got a whole bunch, that's like, 100? You tried to hoard 23 guides, thereby making sure no one else in your area would've gotten them, you've ruined any future drops for that store, you still got your guides, and now you're complaining? Seriously?

[quote name='whitereflection']"A couple" is not 23. So in the second sentence when you say you got a whole bunch, that's like, 100? You tried to hoard 23 guides, thereby making sure no one else in your area would've gotten them, you've ruined any future drops for that store, you still got your guides, and now you're complaining? Seriously?[/quote]

I did not take them all. I never take them all. There is still a whole bunch left. I take at most 4 each.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sick part about GTA IV is that I already picked up another copy of the guide besides the one I bought when I picked up my PS3 and a copy of the game last April. I got it from my local game shop for $5. I was initially buying it for a friend who bought the game the same time as I did(Wally World at the midnight launch).

However, they assumed that since I told them I get guides for a cent at times that I got that one for a penny and would just let them grab it gratis.

So, now I'm stuck with it. Ahhh well....[/quote]

Was that a good guide? I remember they (Brady) screwed up the first version of the San Andreas guide really bad. Drove me nuts with all the bad pics and info.

[quote name='Fatagooyman']I did not take them all. I never take them all. There is still a whole bunch left. I take at most 4 each.[/quote]
Idk about anyone else but to me 4 each is hording. At most I would take 2 of each guide, if it is a game I really want, 1 to use and 1 to collect/trade.

[quote name='whitereflection']"A couple" is not 23. So in the second sentence when you say you got a whole bunch, that's like, 100? You tried to hoard 23 guides, thereby making sure no one else in your area would've gotten them, you've ruined any future drops for that store, you still got your guides, and now you're complaining? Seriously?[/quote]

A lot of us learned from the last drop that it's either hoard or have them pulled. It's not as easy as leaving them for the next guy anymore. Once one transaction rings out it makes it more likely that the media manager is alerted to pull the guides. Also, if you don't hoard, someone else will (in most cases) and I'd rather have a CAG that posts here hoard than some faceless lurker. I'd stop making potshots at at the local amazon dealer (and mass hoarder) "Turntostart" if he'd show his face around here instead of lurking. I hoard more as a defensive measure and I'm willing the share the wealth with other area CAGs, so I don't see the problem with hoarding when you can put a face (screen name) to the hoarder.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Idk about anyone else but to me 4 each is hording. At most I would take 2 of each guide, if it is a game I really want, 1 to use and 1 to collect/trade.[/quote]

The only times I take 4 at once is when I go back after 3 weeks or more and there still sitting there. The first time I go I get the guides I want. Then I go back every 3 weeks or so and if there still there I take the rest.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks on both, fuss. I'm assuming that one of the WOW's is the bundle I got when they accidentally dropped it and the Warhammer is the one with the atlas and guide.

The other WOW book is probably the Burning Crusade guide.[/quote]

I can tell you the wow atlas and Wow Dungeon companion 1 are not pennied...I checked both today. I am not sure if that helps narrow the results or not.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Idk about anyone else but to me 4 each is hording. At most I would take 2 of each guide, if it is a game I really want, 1 to use and 1 to collect/trade.[/quote]

Coming from the guy who just said "I really wish they would penny Halo 3 at Best Buy. Mine has about 60 copies of it. I would prob buy them all..." ;)

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Idk about anyone else but to me 4 each is hording. At most I would take 2 of each guide, if it is a game I really want, 1 to use and 1 to collect/trade.[/QUOTE]

Same. Two is really my limit-- one for me and my pals, one for trade bait/eBay/whatever. Granted, I usually hit 2 or 3 stores when I'm out and it can get hard to carry that many guides if I hit a motherlode...

Was very pleased to see SCIV guides down to a penny at Best Buy. I didn't even see the list today, they were just stickered at a penny at the Watertown, MA Best Buy. Surprising. They've still got more, as well as some Quantum of Solace guides and at least one Bioshock. What I did find today was the fucking holy grail I've been after for a month-- Mass Effect LE. Hidden in the back of the pile, felt like it was waiting just for me. I've just now dug into the game, so the timing is absolutely perfect. :D

The clerk was training a new girl, and actually explained that it was correct for the guides to ring up at a penny. Then she promptly asked me if the guide for Call of Duty: WaW was pennied yet because her boyfriend had just gotten the game. Sadly, no. :D

[quote name='Doomstink']Coming from the guy who just said "I really wish they would penny Halo 3 at Best Buy. Mine has about 60 copies of it. I would prob buy them all..." ;)[/quote]
lol But I said that It would be for giggles. I doubt I would be able to walk a mile with 60+ guides in my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back