Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
grrrr, no luck. all pulled. still waiting for my one chance to get some penny guides. oh wellz
peace cags n good luck on those that got some

Well, I'm preparing my jihad on the one store. They were kind enough to send me a "ready for pickup" email then call and baldface lie to me that the guide was OOS.

Big ups to Lox for the advanced notice on this one! :D

I am a first time buyer, but a long time lurker in these guide threads. I was able to snag 1 each of 10 different guides, though there were plenty more to pick up, I wasn't greedy ;)

As of about an hour ago, there were plenty to grab at the BB in Atwater Village, CA. I swung by the Burbank, CA one as well ... there was only one Sly guide which I left for another CAG since I'd already grabbed one for myself!

my best buy was very lenient (or at least the cashier was) so i went back again and got more. should've got more but the hoarder in me was gone?

anyways how was this for my first try? (took picture on webcam, sorry if it sucks)

2m5idea.jpg

once again id like to thank everyone especially IATCG who made this thread and the people (ultra, i think? sorry i forgot the name and the other person) who contributed to finding these guides. and once again, everyone else who has helped.

[quote name='stoned99']Well picked up 2 of about half the list, missed out of Medal of Honor and Mario Galaxy 2, due to LE vs CE confusion on my part. But not to worry I watched el-hordo right behind me grab every single copy of those and everything else on the list. Nice going there you greedy bastard. My only regret is I didn't find a Tron :(

And to anyone thing about hitting the Costa Mesa store, they pulled everything so don't waste your time.[/QUOTE]
This too has been covered that LE=CE/SE as well and that they'll almost always be hardcover guides.

See the key in the third post.:D

Second and third posts are updated. Now just to go back and put in the SKU's to that list.;)

Thanks to all who provided info on this drop. Here's to hoping I can go ice skating to the stores tomorrow n grab some of these.

Here's my story:

So I went to the back and found a ton of guides from that list. I grabbed one of each except for Dead Rising 2 LE (took 2) and left a bunch of guides there. I then grabbed some Blu-rays that the gf wanted and went up to the counter where an employee was training a girl I sort of know. They were both surprised at the pennied prices and as expected they called over a manager. This guy took the guides to customer service to make sure it was not a price mistake. He then went to a different manager.

This other manager said I can have 1 of each only and that they're not supposed to sell them to me but they'll make an exception because it's their fault they weren't pulled from the shelf. I then asked if I can go get some other non duplicates that I know are a penny and he asked how I knew and I said a list of which ones were clearanced was posted on the internet. He then said because I was given classified information he was no longer going to sell me the guides. I then talked him into still selling me the guides I already had grabbed. I don't know what to do next time guides I want penny out though :cry: I might just send in the gf.

The original manager walked away upset and I told the cashier he's acting like I took the money from his wallet.

Here is what I got away with:

pennyguides.jpg

[quote name='JSD']Big ups to Lox for the advanced notice on this one! :D

I am a first time buyer, but a long time lurker in these guide threads. I was able to snag 1 each of 10 different guides, though there were plenty more to pick up, I wasn't greedy ;)

As of about an hour ago, there were plenty to grab at the BB in Atwater Village, CA. I swung by the Burbank, CA one as well ... there was only one Sly guide which I left for another CAG since I'd already grabbed one for myself![/QUOTE]

ok thanks for the info, saving me a trip to galendale.
i sweep along the 210 from east to west. Pasadena, duarte are pre pulled. finally scored in galendora

[quote name='Envel']Here's my story:

So I went to the back and found a ton of guides from that list. I grabbed one of each except for Dead Rising 2 LE (took 2) and left a bunch of guides there. I then grabbed some Blu-rays that the gf wanted and went up to the counter where an employee was training a girl I sort of know. They were both surprised at the pennied prices and as expected they called over a manager. This guy took the guides to customer service to make sure it was not a price mistake. He then went to a different manager.

This other manager said I can have 1 of each only and that they're not supposed to sell them to me but they'll make an exception because it's their fault they weren't pulled from the shelf. I then asked if I can go get some other non duplicates that I know are a penny and he asked how I knew and I said a list of which ones were clearanced was posted on the internet. He then said because I was given classified information he was no longer going to sell me the guides. I then talked him into still selling me the guides I already had grabbed. I don't know what to do next time guides I want penny out though :cry: I might just send in the gf.

The original manager walked away upset and I told the cashier he's acting like I took the money from his wallet.

Here is what I got away with:

pennyguides.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Just say 'the internet' and leave it at that the next time. Any time you say there's a list, then they know someone leaked info they shouldn't have. Or just say you heard they were on clearance and if they ask for more info say you don't remember where you read it.:D

SKU wiki is updated as well now. That should do it for this drop for updating.

Thanks again to everyone who provided verifications and info on this drop.

So, I placed an order last night and received the confirmation this morning to pick up.

My order consisted of:

Mario Galaxy 2 (In Stock)
Golden Eye (In Stock)
Lost Planet 2 (In Stock)
Tron (In Stock)
Spider Man (In Stock)

MoH LE (Ship to Store)
Castlevania (Ship to Store)
DR2 LE (Ship to Store)
007 Blood Stone (Ship to Store)
Spirit Tracks (Ship to Store)
Sly Collection (Ship to Store)
Front Mission (Ship to Store)

The in stock items of my order were fulfilled. The clerk said someone must have known what they are doing. He said that since the order was placed before the store opened, that they honored the prices and product, he was real nice and I thanked him for following through with the deals. I had to surrender a receipt at the front though, I guess to prevent asshats from trying to return them for full price.

I'm curious how the other portion of my order will process, since half of it has been completed so far.

I only ordered one of each and only for the games I had or knew I would pick up soon.

It was nice to get a penny guide after nearly two years.

I do believe ordering online is a safe YMMV, but it definitely gives them a heads up to pull the remainder of the guides. There was none left on the shelf.

[quote name='bredbu']yea i checked cary's best buy today and found a bunch but they would not let me buy them :( said there not allowed to sell them.. @ the garner bb i found lost planet 2 the rest had been pre pulled[/QUOTE]

Dangit...Cary was the one I was gonna check this afternoon...I had such good success there last time. Ah well.

If you ever want to trade guides hit me up.

Got to meet another CAG poster on here at my local BB. We took the high route and left a ton of Zelda guides there at the Sunnyvale, CA store. Nothing else around the bay area as they were all pulled already or somebody beat us to the punch so you guys are better off not wasting your time and gas.

Overall it was unsuccessful as I didn't get any really good guides with exception for SMG2 (Lox or Shrike feel free to PM if you would like to have these I'll mail one to you for free - I only have 1 extra between the two of you to give out). Didn't get anything I really truly wanted for myself except for Spiderman. Disappointing since I never get to pick up penny guides at store opening and this was the day I got the chance since I work in the daytime. :cry:

I had a decent haul today. Only one of the BBs that I checked pulled the guides. I picked up everything I wanted except for FF XIII. I was limited to one of each title at the first BB so I had to leave a DR2 CE, MOH LE and SMG2 CE behind. I didn't realize that Sonic Colors and Super Scribblenauts were on the list so I missed out on those, too. The manager even apologized for having to limit me to one of each. I told him that I understood and thanked him.

At the other BB, I found the rest of my wants including Enslaved. They didn't have any CE so someone might have hit that store before me. The girl at the register couldn't believe that they were a penny and had to get an okay from a manager. After I paid, she told a co-worker to stay at the register while she went to save some guides for herself. She then announced to everyone within shouting distance that she couldn't believe that I got the guides for a penny each. I usually try to keep a low profile when on the hunt for penny guides so I hurried up and left.

[quote name='JSD']Big ups to Lox for the advanced notice on this one! :D

As of about an hour ago, there were plenty to grab at the BB in Atwater Village, CA. I swung by the Burbank, CA one as well ... there was only one Sly guide which I left for another CAG since I'd already grabbed one for myself![/QUOTE]

Just came from the Atwater Village BB and scored some guides also, there were tons of Halo ODST, I only picked up one of each also. Thanks for not being a El hordo :applause:

[quote name='david12795']my best buy was very lenient (or at least the cashier was) so i went back again and got more. should've got more but the hoarder in me was gone?

anyways how was this for my first try? (took picture on webcam, sorry if it sucks)

2m5idea.jpg

once again id like to thank everyone especially IATCG who made this thread and the people (ultra, i think? sorry i forgot the name and the other person) who contributed to finding these guides. and once again, everyone else who has helped.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that is alot. Did u buy anything else?
Anyway, I got 1 zelda, x2 MOH LE (friend), x2 resident evil 5 (there was like over 10 in store), 1 spiderman, and 1 dead rising le...(someone was trying to hide it?)

Everyone please leave some guides for others and stop hoarding. :)
Thanks to the OP!

I felt bad about taking them all, I got around 60 or so in total, but two different cashiers told me to...it's hard to say no to that when they tell you to take them besides if I don't they're tossing em away.

anyone in the Gaithersburg, Maryland had any luck with SMG2 LE andFF13 LE?
i would love to get SMG2 LE....FF13 probably harder to get
i remember seeing 1 ff13, but i guess a employee got ti it:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This too has been covered that LE=CE/SE as well and that they'll almost always be hardcover guides.

See the key in the third post.:D

Second and third posts are updated. Now just to go back and put in the SKU's to that list.;)

Thanks to all who provided info on this drop. Here's to hoping I can go ice skating to the stores tomorrow n grab some of these.[/QUOTE]

Hey cheapgamer, I read your posts and wanted to say thanks. i did inventory last night for dead rising 2 (ship to store only in area), but got lucky today finding the last one at shady grove, md.

thanks.
yes, boycott gamestop!

[quote name='msriflegirl']Dangit...Cary was the one I was gonna check this afternoon...I had such good success there last time. Ah well.

If you ever want to trade guides hit me up.[/QUOTE]

That was you? Whatever you did last drop got them in huge trouble. I know the guy who pulls the guides there and when I got there at opening today they still had all the guides out. After trying to get the ones I wanted the guy I know came over telling me that he can no longer let me buy the guides because he got in a lot of trouble last drop (which I missed, unfortunately). Did you clear them out or something? I've been getting penny guides from them for four years now, but it was always done in moderation (I always took no more than 2 of any guide). Today was the first time I have ever been denied at that BB and they made it very clear that this was due to "last time" the guides dropped. Its really a shame since this puts an end to four years of penny guides at the store.

I don't mean to point fingers, as I know the Maniac Mansion dude was snagging tons of guides last time as well. It could have been a combination of everyone even. I'm not quite sure as I totally missed that drop (never expected two drops in one month).

In any case I checked Crabtree, Knightdale, Capital Blvd, and Garner. Luckilly I found 2 FF XIII LEs at capital. I also found 2 DR2 LEs and some ODST guides at Knightdale. Someone got a really good score in Knightdale as the shelves were raped. I'm lucky they overlooked the DR2 guides. Everything else was pulled. I got a total of 6 guides. Would've been far more if Cary wasn't blocking sales of them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Punisher']Hey cheapgamer, I read your posts and wanted to say thanks. i did inventory last night for dead rising 2 (ship to store only in area), but got lucky today finding the last one at shady grove, md.

thanks.
yes, boycott gamestop![/QUOTE]
You're quite welcome. I'm just glad some folks are still finding stuff, since I thought by now that BB and GS would've done like TRU and just stopped carrying most guides and only dropped the really old stuff to cheaper prices.

[quote name='Doomstink']That was you? Whatever you did last drop got them in huge trouble. I know the guy who pulls the guides there and when I got there at opening today they still had all the guides out. After trying to get the ones I wanted the guy I know came over telling me that he can no longer let me buy the guides because he got in a lot of trouble last drop (which I missed unfortunately). Did you clear them out or something? I've been getting penny guides from them for four years now, but it was always done in moderation (I always took no more than 2 of any guide). Today was the first time I have ever been denied at that BB and they made it very clear that this was due to "last time" the guides dropped. Its really a shame since this puts an end to four years of penny guides at the store.

In any case I checked crabtree, knightdale, capital Blvd, and Garner. Luckilly I found 2 ffxiii LEs at capital. I also found 2 dr2 LEs and some Odst guides at knightdale. Someone got a really good score in knightdale as the shelves were raped. I'm lucky they overlooked the dr2 guides. Everything else was pulled. I got a total of 6 guides. Would've been far more if Cary wasn't blocking sales of them now.[/QUOTE]

u got lucky with the le guides. lasson learn everyone, dont be greedy taking 10-20 guides at the register. lp and management will probably take the guides away and no longer let us get it.

so when I was at BB yesterday the guide section was a mess but had a bunch of all these guides...I go today and low and behold they decided to clean that section, and all the penny guides were already pulled. I did manage to find a MoH CE in the completely wrong section though, so atleast I left with something lol

Well I had an awesome haul today, even left a bunch for someone else or my self at a later date, got all except FFXIII CE . Store employees were pretty cool about it as well no problems, here in AK they dont seem to pre pull. I was in such a good mood went next door to target and bought a red bull and some prophylactics going go home give the old lady some attention, you know being presidents day an all, would be unpatriotic not to :)

Forgot to list guides......

Germantown, MD:
about 8 Resident Evil 5
about 5 MoH LE
I think I saw 1 LP2
1 Goldeneye...(took the last 1 sorry....there was like more Kirby,Goldeneye, tron at Shady Grove, MD)
A bunch of Halo ODST
1 Spiderman
2-3 Zelda

Shady Grove, MD (had to take bro to school. Wanted Zelda)
10+ Resident Evil 5
about 8 Zelda
4 MoH LE (it's at the ps3 side)
Saw to SMG2 (it's not the collector edition....is this penny out???)
3 Golden eye
alot of Pokepark
bunch of kirby
ff13 (Not CE)
I think there was 1 cheat guide left (i left it behind)
I can't remember the rest
There is no Dead rising 2 LE since I took the last one. I was hoping for FF13 CE and SMG2 CE.
I guess MoH LE is not that popular?????

Anyone that shops in the area good luck and share! (I would like to meet more CAG in my area... I'm a new)

U know what's a good idea? I think CAG should all meet up and give/trade the extra guides to others so everyone can have 1 of each...Just a idea:roll:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I felt bad about taking them all, I got around 60 or so in total, but two different cashiers told me to...it's hard to say no to that when they tell you to take them besides if I don't they're tossing em away.[/QUOTE]

That is over the top dude. I hope you didn't clean out the store entirely. Some CAGs just want a few so I don't think it's cool to wipe a store out.

[quote name='drakesvg']Well I had an awesome haul today, even left a bunch for someone else or my self at a later date, got all except FFXIII CE . Store employees were pretty cool about it as well no problems, here in AK they dont seem to pre pull. I was in such a good mood went next door to target and bought a red bull and some prophylactics going go home give the old lady some attention, you know being presidents day an all, would be unpatriotic not to :)[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Donut2922']That is over the top dude. I hope you didn't clean out the store entirely. Some CAGs just want a few so I don't think it's cool to wipe a store out.[/QUOTE]

The thing is both cashiers told me that if I don't buy them they are going to toss them out when I left. So either I got them or no one did. I told them I didn't want be greedy and just wanted to get what I wanted and a few for some friends. They honestly insisted I get the rest of them.

I even told her I felt weird buying like 6 guides when all I had was a dollar (didn't have any change) and she said "well now you can get 94 more of them, so go get em"

[quote name='The Punisher']Forgot to list guides......

Germantown, MD:
....there was like more Kirby,Goldeneye, tron at Shady Grove, MD)
[/QUOTE]

Didn't see Kirby listed in the drop...were they?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Didn't see Kirby listed in the drop...were they?[/QUOTE]

it's not on the list. i was letting people know what i remember off the top of my head

Scored most of my wants at the first two BBs (couldn't find Castlevania).
At the third store I saw a guy returning to his car with his haul (he cleared out the store; confirmed this with the cashier).
Last BB looked like it had been pulled (the shelves looked too straightened)

Thanks lox for posting the list! :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The thing is both cashiers told me that if I don't buy them they are going to toss them out when I left. So either I got them or no one did. I told them I didn't want be greedy and just wanted to get what I wanted and a few for some friends. They honestly insisted I get the rest of them.

I even told her I felt weird buying like 6 guides for a dollar and she said "well now you can get 94 more of them, so go get em"[/QUOTE]

that's cool. maybe u can share with other cag in your area.

[quote name='Donut2922']That is over the top dude. I hope you didn't clean out the store entirely. Some CAGs just want a few so I don't think it's cool to wipe a store out.[/QUOTE]
But if it's a choice between one person taking them all or having most of them go into the compactor behind the store and NO ONE after them gets any, then I say hoard to your heart's content.

I've been at BB before during a drop and after I bought my handful of guides and left a ton on the shelves one of the managers said to pull and destroy the rest.

So even though it is kinda taboo anymore to go all El Hoardo on these things, if it's a choice between them ending up in a landfill or cluttering up my rooms till someone on CAG grabs them from me, then I'd rather the latter and take the heat for grabbing everything.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Didn't see Kirby listed in the drop...were they?[/QUOTE]

kirby didn't drop. It's even still on bestbuy's website.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But if it's a choice between one person taking them all or having most of them go into the compactor behind the store and NO ONE after them gets any, then I say hoard to your heart's content.

I've been at BB before during a drop and after I bought my handful of guides and left a ton on the shelves one of the managers said to pull and destroy the rest.

So even though it is kinda taboo anymore to go all El Hoardo on these things, if it's a choice between them ending up in a landfill or cluttering up my rooms till someone on CAG grabs them from me, then I'd rather the latter and take the heat for grabbing everything.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus I am giving some away to friends for the cost of shipping. 3 or 4 are going to a local friend and a few are going to a guy I've known online for over 10 years who is also a fellow CAG.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But if it's a choice between one person taking them all or having most of them go into the compactor behind the store and NO ONE after them gets any, then I say hoard to your heart's content.

So even though it is kinda taboo anymore to go all El Hoardo on these things, if it's a choice between them ending up in a landfill or cluttering up my rooms till someone on CAG grabs them from me, then I'd rather the latter and take the heat for grabbing everything.[/QUOTE]

Damn. That's probably why the manager let me take it? I did get the $30 fightstick too.

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone got the Zelda CE guide with the hard green cover?
I'm a big fan of Zelda ans Resident Evil[/QUOTE]
You mean the Spirit Tracks LE? I'm sure some on the trading forum may have them. Why not ask there?;)

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone got the Zelda CE guide with the hard green cover?
I'm a big fan of Zelda ans Resident Evil[/QUOTE]

Check GoHastings, I ordered 5 guides with free shipping a few weeks ago.
The guides were mint...looked like penny guides.

Put it in your wish list and wait for free shipping :)

Stop with this bullshit justification story already. Hoarders always say "well, they would pull them if I didn't get em." No. What if another CAG walked in 30 secs behind you? What if he got a guide too?

It sounds like in Saix's case, they insisted on him taking it. Good for him. He got some nice trade bait.

But not every store will pull the guides instantly as soon as you check out. Like there's a Code Black event and all hands on deck to pull guides as soon as you walk out the door.

I know for a fact that my "good" store doesn't pull guides after I leave. I've gone back a week later and seen the guides still there.

If you're gonna hoard, then hoard. But don't pretend like you're doing BB, the environment, or other CAGs a favor by hoarding them.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Check GoHastings, I ordered 5 guides with free shipping a few weeks ago.
The guides were mint...looked like penny guides.

Put it in your wish list and wait for free shipping :)[/QUOTE]
Actually they currently have free standard shipping on ALL books(unless that offer ended now) and with code HONESTABE they're giving 30% off books right now.;)

So 30% off their already usually stupid cheap prices AND free shipping.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually they currently have free standard shipping on ALL books(unless that offer ended now) and with code HONESTABE they're giving 30% off books right now.;)

So 30% off their already usually stupid cheap prices AND free shipping.:D[/QUOTE]

And que my order of Spirit Tracks LE

[quote name='confoosious']Stop with this bullshit justification story already. Hoarders always say "well, they would pull them if I didn't get em." No. What if another CAG walked in 30 secs behind you? What if he got a guide too?

It sounds like in Saix's case, they insisted on him taking it. Good for him. He got some nice trade bait.

But not every store will pull the guides instantly as soon as you check out. Like there's a Code Black event and all hands on deck to pull guides as soon as you walk out the door.

I know for a fact that my "good" store doesn't pull guides after I leave. I've gone back a week later and seen the guides still there.

If you're gonna hoard, then hoard. But don't pretend like you're doing BB, or other CAGs a favor by hoarding them.[/QUOTE]
But I'm saying, if they say to pull all of the guides after you buy 1-2 to be nice n leave some for others, then it sucks to see so much good product get trashed just because no one bought it all up at that price.

At least if they were a responsible corporation and did like Target does with junked out stuff and donate it to Goodwill it might not be so bad. Then again, the Goodwills around here are like the Salvation Army stores most times and charge MSRP for a lot of stuff.:whistle2:#

For all of the San Jose area CAGs (well, mostly for j-fever since he's the only other local CAG I know about aside from Donut - nice to meet you!):

Mountain View - wiped out or pre-pulled. Got there 30 minutes after opening and there were no pennied guides on the racks.

Sunnyvale - was pretty much wiped out; I managed to find a DR2 CE that was hidden behind some other guides, but when I left the only ones left were a stack of Spirit Tracks, Super Scribblenauts x2, Goldeneye x2, and Tron x1.

Santana Row - probably pre-pulled; Santana Row is usually really good about that. No pennied guides.

I also have it on good authority from Donut that Curtner and Milpitas are either empty or there's nothing good left.

If there are any other locals that hit Blossom Hill or the other couple of BestBuys to the north (Palo Alto, etc.), let us know what happened. And if you happen to see Castlevania, FF XIII CE, or Resident Evil 5, please grab extras for me! :D

[quote name='confoosious']Stop with this bullshit justification story already. Hoarders always say "well, they would pull them if I didn't get em." No. What if another CAG walked in 30 secs behind you? What if he got a guide too?

If you're gonna hoard, then hoard. But don't pretend like you're doing BB, or other CAGs a favor by hoarding them.[/QUOTE]

When there are sales in my town...no one as far as I can tell takes big advantage of them. I am sure there are some CAGs here, but not many who keep up to date with deals and offers. The store I went to that insisted I get the guides had like 4 guides from back in October, not counting the 3 I got a month or so ago (7 in total from October). It seems no one goes in that store for them I don't think. I even tried to tell the cashier that I didn't want to be greedy and she was more into selling them to me then I was to buy them.

I'll admit when I can make money...I'll sometimes hoard but that's because people RARELY take advantage of sales in my town, which I think I am very lucky and thankful for.

I understand the whole "get the rest of them before they go to the dumpster argument" but at some point I still think it comes to a reasonable amount of guides to take with you. For example, I could have taken the 40 our of the 60 guides and left 20 there in case somebody was going to drop by within the next hour. Given the drop that just happened within the last few hours there's a good chance some CAG will come by and pick up the rest.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The thing is both cashiers told me that if I don't buy them they are going to toss them out when I left. So either I got them or no one did. I told them I didn't want be greedy and just wanted to get what I wanted and a few for some friends. They honestly insisted I get the rest of them.

I even told her I felt weird buying like 6 guides when all I had was a dollar (didn't have any change) and she said "well now you can get 94 more of them, so go get em"[/QUOTE]

It's cool and all that you were trying to be nice with the employee in return but at some point the last 20+ guides I think are better served to just leave for others. I'm sure the guides woulda been tossed at some point but I really doubt they were they were gonna throw them out just right that minute. I've tried to pick up guides before and employees will tell me "you just missed someone that came out with a stack." Employees are busy taking care of other things at the moment so if the guides were left there for another hour until somebody actually got around to tossing them, it would have at least been worth the time and gas for the next CAG to pick them up who was only 5 minutes behind imo.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But I'm saying, if they say to pull all of the guides after you buy 1-2 to be nice n leave some for others, then it sucks to see so much good product get trashed just because no one bought it all up at that price.

At least if they were a responsible corporation and did like Target does with junked out stuff and donate it to Goodwill it might not be so bad. Then again, the Goodwills around here are like the Salvation Army stores most times and charge MSRP for a lot of stuff.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I think the issue is whether or not the employees "offer" you to take more guides and state they'll just throw them away. That's fine, I guess as they may just pull them all as soon as you leave.

I think the anger lies in others entering the store with the full intention of buying all they can carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back