Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dark Rider']Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated the OP yet. I have been very busy. I will try to do it tonight, if not then Sunday for sure.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about it. I'm sure someone will update the OP if you don't. After all, people on here don't just want the deals without doing any work to help contribute, right?;)

It's not like when I still had this thread I made the OP a Wiki and had to goad people into finally updating it to help out/contribute.

What I find funniest on here is how most of the people who cry about this being a community that helps one another will also be the same people who sit on their hands and do nothing to actively contribute or help out.

Interesting. Maybe the Wiki feature has been changed since I had this thread, since I just remember someone having edited it and the edit showing up soon after.

EDIT: Hmmm. I see edits from both you and WeaponX2099 on the OP. But yet it doesn't really highlight what was edited by either person when clicking on the view link.

But I'm assuming that WeaponX added the TRU 2-3 guide drop, since their post earlier in the thread mentioned them pennying Dead Rising 2 and Medal Of Honor.

Have we had any other confirmation of anyone getting the fallout guide for a penny? RSS is showing $34.99 for it via the SKU at my store.

Picked up the only Fallout CE guide I could find from the Upper West Side Best Buy today. Rang up as 1 cent. Thanks to who posted that.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Have we had any other confirmation of anyone getting the fallout guide for a penny? RSS is showing $34.99 for it via the SKU at my store.[/QUOTE]

I got it in Towson MD for a penny yesterday

Originally posted by Lox:

I can confirm that there was a pull at my store for guides too. Nothing pennied, but this happened before the last drop. Here's what I remembered was pulled:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (regular and LE)
Brink
Bulletstorm
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dragon Age II LE
Epic Mickey
Fallout: New Vegas LE
Homefront (regular and LE)
Infamous 2
Mortal Kombat LE
NCAA Football 11
Pokemon Black/White LE
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Volumes 1,2 and 3
Resident Evil Archives II
Resistance 3
The Sims 3: Medieval
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
White Knight Chronicles II
WWE All Stars

There's probably more, but my store has been a little lacking in getting guides these days, so I don't know what else.

And once again, THESE ARE NOT PENNIED YET.

I went to Best Buy today and tried Infamous 2 since we have confirmation that Fallout has pennied. Unfortunately Infamous wasn't pennied yet. I forgot to try out WWE All Stars since that was the only other one they had.

[quote name='maxiell']Picked up the only Fallout CE guide I could find from the Upper West Side Best Buy today. Rang up as 1 cent. Thanks to who posted that.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Have we had any other confirmation of anyone getting the fallout guide for a penny? RSS is showing $34.99 for it via the SKU at my store.[/QUOTE]

What is RSS? If it's an online price checker, it won't inform you of pennied guides. And a handful of people on the previous page confirmed getting it. If there's one at your store and you want it, get it. It's definitely pennied.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']What is RSS? If it's an online price checker, it won't inform you of pennied guides. And a handful of people on the previous page confirmed getting it. If there's one at your store and you want it, get it. It's definitely pennied.[/QUOTE]
RSS is Best Buy's internal inventory checking system. If you've ever asked an employee to look up to see if a store has a specific item by giving them a SKU#, then chances are you've seen their RSS in action.

From that inventory screen they can typically also look up the inventory counts at other stores in your district and even tell you if there's more of an item en route to those stores as long as it's not a discontinued/deleted item.

Went to my Best Buy today and in looking over the guides, found a regular Fallout:NV, a Dragon Age II guide, and a Mortal Kombat guide marked with yellow stickers. They all rang up full price, but the guy said they'd probably penny out soon.

Went to TRU today.

Got the following guides for a penny each...
1. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
2. Halo 3 ODST

Now to get my hands on these games.... haha!

[quote name='Devil May Cry']TRU with guides?! Now that is something I have to see. I'll check mine out soon.[/QUOTE]

Talked to the staff working and he said they usually pre-pull the guides that gets pennied out in the system. They just missed the guides i apparently got. And since it was in the system and i found them on the shelf, he just let me buy them.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I still have to pick up those 6 fallout guides from my bestbuy[/QUOTE]

you might want to get your guides soon or else they might be gone next time.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I still have to pick up those 6 fallout guides from my bestbuy[/QUOTE]

and mail one to slowdive21. (I finished your sentence for you.)

[quote name='slowdive21']and mail one to slowdive21. (I finished your sentence for you.)[/QUOTE]

#-o *is wondering why no one pm me when they pennied last Oct at GS.*

I still have a bunch too if anyone's interested. (Yes I know about the trading thread, but apparently not many people look there)

[quote name='boneless']#-o *is wondering why no one pm me when they pennied last Oct at GS.*

I still have a bunch too if anyone's interested. (Yes I know about the trading thread, but apparently not many people look there)[/QUOTE]

A bunch of what?

I NEVER go to the trading area, it moves too quick. Guide trades for regulars should be done here.

[quote name='boneless']#-o *is wondering why no one pm me when they pennied last Oct at GS.*

I still have a bunch too if anyone's interested. (Yes I know about the trading thread, but apparently not many people look there)[/QUOTE]

The CML link under your avatar doesn't go to a trade post.

[quote name='Romeo']A bunch of what?

I NEVER go to the trading area, it moves too quick. Guide trades for regulars should be done here.[/QUOTE]

Fallout NV CE

[quote name='neocisco']The CML link under your avatar doesn't go to a trade post.[/QUOTE]

I took it down since I only had 2 trades in 6 mos. Of which included the FONV CE guide.

[quote name='Romeo']A bunch of what?

I NEVER go to the trading area, it moves too quick. Guide trades for regulars should be done here.[/QUOTE]
It's really not that hard to make a list and plaster it into the main guide trading thread that Pookymeister created. Now finding/getting someone to trade with you who isn't batshit crazy and wants half your trade list for $4 shipped is another thing.:roll:

Yes. I got them for a penny, but I do go by market value. So if I see one I have is worth $20+ on the open market(see: Bad Company 2 guide), then it's staying on my list till someone trades me a guide that hasn't pennied out anywhere yet for a popular game I may or may not have(Skyrim, Kingdoms Of Amalur, etc) or they pay me at least 50-60% of open market value for it.:razz:

[quote name='Romeo'] Guide trades for regulars should be done here.[/QUOTE]

FAIL. Guide trades for regulars should be done in the guide trading thread. It's really not that hard.

I just got back from a BB I dont normally go to. Snagged a Fallout New Vegas CE, Mortal Kombat CE and Dragon Age II CE for a penny each. Scanned Homefront LE, Infamous II and White Knight Chronicles II. Those 3 were still full price.

[quote name='coopscohen']I just got back from a BB I dont normally go to. Snagged a Fallout New Vegas CE, Mortal Kombat CE and Dragon Age II CE for a penny each. Scanned Homefront LE, Infamous II and White Knight Chronicles II. Those 3 were still full price.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! At long last finally got my Dragon Age II CE guide! Snagged the last 2 at my store, one for me one for my brother.

Picked up a Fallout New Vegas CE last night. Looking at these posts im smacking my self because I did see a Dragon age II CE but thought nothing of it since so many of the pull guides were put back out at MSRP. I had never seen a batman Arkham city CE guide at any of my best buys even when game launched but 2 weeks ago I found it put back out. Sadly I bought it. Hopefullly DA2 Still their tom.

That sucks. Tried to check the price of DA2 CE and it rang up at $0 but the cashier changed the price to $34.99 for a 2+ year old guide...

I wish Best Buy had the self scanners, because the kid who works the video game section is starting to think I'm nuts asking to scan the same guides over and over.
....and it's the SAME kid, every time I go there. He must work 7 days a week.

[quote name='jester55']Can someone update the original post soon with the guides that have dropped at Best Buy?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had access to a computer in the last week. I will be able to update it tomorrow. Sorry it has taken so long.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']got a DA2 CE, and a beat to hell lbp 2.
Yesterday Holyoke mall best buy. Holyoke, MA[/QUOTE]

Damnit... I was going to go there today after work. Too many damned people in this area now (between cag and sd), no wonder I can't find any good deals -.-

Dammit, this is what I get for not monitoring the thread, thinking BB had killed their penny guides. Although the closest store seemed to dump anything older than 5 months after a while, it's always fun to go hunting. Avengers assemble! No, that's not right...

[quote name='Flacksguy']I wish Best Buy had the self scanners, because the kid who works the video game section is starting to think I'm nuts asking to scan the same guides over and over.
....and it's the SAME kid, every time I go there. He must work 7 days a week.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. Today I went to see if I could get the DA2:CE guide and all they had was the regular guide. I asked the guy to scan it and he double scanned it (which makes me think that it is a penny also). He told me it was $24.99 and I looked like a fool for asking.

[quote name='jester55']Can someone update the original post soon with the guides that have dropped at Best Buy?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
The original post is a Wiki post. Why don't you update it instead of waiting for the OP to do it for you?:roll: Honestly. The 'sense of community' around here has been reduced to people waiting for others to post deals and update the OP of a thread where it's been made a Wiki(meaning ANYONE CAN UPDATE IT).

@the lounge.

You're right .
I'm originally from Mass but dont live there anymore. Was just visiting. But I saw another CAG while I was at the mall. Scanning clearance games at Sears.

I'm lucky there's not to many where I live.

Stopped by my local Toys R' Us, Best Buy, and my Gamestop #3 (furthest away). Struck out...at each place, the guides were pretty orderly and all very recent. Second time I have checked the Best Buy and Gamestop #3, I am guessing they are strict on pulling guides.

Found a decent stack of guides at Goodwill today. They were $5.06 each. I told the lady that's kinda high. She looks at the back and says "They are normally $14.99" I say "This game (Monster Rancher 3 on PS2) was $49.99 and I'm paying $3." She says, "I don't make the prices." I ended up buying LoZ Link to the Past, GBA version. Nothing else stuck out at being good for $5.

Two BB's near me have been pulled since Lox posted that list but I checked any ways and failed.

*Edit - Wow, this is the Zelda guide I got. Was gonna hold on to it but maybe I'll sell it. Anyone want it for half the going rate? It is new and really mint I promise. :D
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0761541187/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made the drive out to the BB I went to yesterday that I found the penny guides. I was rushed yesterday and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Apparently a pull wasn't done as I found another (5) penny guides after I having the clerk scan pretty much every older guide. I also added them to the front page.

Here are the ones I found today with skus.

Pokemon Black & White CE 2038195
Dungeon Siege III 2383249
Red Faction Armageddon 2090102
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 1537088
Final Fantasy XIII 9789494

These are the ones I found yesterday with skus.

Mortal Kombat CE 2090087
Dragon Age II CE 2045167
Fall Out New Vegas CE 1408457

I tried to update the list below with the guides I saw and had scanned.

Originally posted by Lox:

I can confirm that there was a pull at my store for guides too. Nothing pennied, but this happened before the last drop. Here's what I remembered was pulled:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (regular and LE) - Regular YES LE ???
Brink NO
Bulletstorm NO
Deus Ex: Human Revolution ???
Donkey Kong Country Returns ???
Dragon Age II LE YES
Epic Mickey ???
Fallout: New Vegas LE YES
Homefront (regular and LE) Regular NO LE NO
Infamous 2 NO
Mortal Kombat LE YES
NCAA Football 11 ???
Pokemon Black/White LE YES
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Volumes 1,2 and 3 ???
Resident Evil Archives II NO
Resistance 3 NO
The Sims 3: Medieval ???
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II NO
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine NO
White Knight Chronicles II NO
WWE All Stars NO

There's probably more, but my store has been a little lacking in getting guides these days, so I don't know what else.

And once again, THESE ARE NOT PENNIED YET.

:lol: That StageTwo seller is really outta their frickin' mind. Metal Gear Solid for PS1 for only $590+ in used-like new condition? :rofl:

Then again, I shouldn't talk since I put up a Fallout New Vegas CE for $50 above everyone else once I snagged one from GS for $30 a while ago.:lol:

Alright OP is updated! I fixed a bunch of color mistakes and added the dropped guides to the main lists. Thanks to the people who updated the first post while I was gone.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Alright OP is updated! I fixed a bunch of color mistakes and added the dropped guides to the main lists. Thanks to the people who updated the first post while I was gone.[/QUOTE]
I went and edited the lists from TRU and BB recently(alphabetizing them) and I removed the 'softcover' notation from the GS Uncharted 3 guide drop, since it should be fairly obvious to anyone who reads this thread and the OP that no LE/SE/CE means it's a softcover guide.:booty:

[quote name='coopscohen']So I made the drive out to the BB I went to yesterday that I found the penny guides. I was rushed yesterday and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Apparently a pull wasn't done as I found another (5) penny guides after I having the clerk scan pretty much every older guide. I also added them to the front page.

Here are the ones I found today with skus.

Pokemon Black & White CE 2038195
Dungeon Siege III 2383249
Red Faction Armageddon 2090102
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 1537088
Final Fantasy XIII 9789494

These are the ones I found yesterday with skus.

Mortal Kombat CE 2090087
Dragon Age II CE 2045167
Fall Out New Vegas CE 1408457[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood LE is also pennied, just picked up 2 today. SKU 1537097. Will update wiki.

bread's done
Back