Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='microchip2378']Darkness 2 and Madden 12 pennied today at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks! I will update when I'm on my computer. I am on my mobile right now.

Edit: I am adding them. Can anyone confirm them for sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Oh fuck Yea ! Time for more hoarding lol[/QUOTE]
Teh sadness. I miss my days of being able to hoard guides like a mf'er. Mind ya, my family is happy as hell that BB stopped doing guide drops and that GS stores around here are mostly staffed by people that follow the rules anymore.:whistle2:#

I still have stacks of guides that I could trade or sell to people, but nothing new has dropped recently(i.e. Skyrim, Kingdoms Of Amalur, other stuff I'd actually CARE to get) so here they sit.:cry:

One of my gamestops had around 10 madden 12 guides ! However i didnt need all of them so i only got 3 of them. I also brought the two remaining darkness 2 guides that were there. I might search for more darkness 2 guides for anyone here who needs them.

Oh and thanks to the cheapie who gave the guide update :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']One of my gamestops had around 10 madden 12 guides ! However i didnt need all of them so i only got 3 of them. I also brought the two remaining darkness 2 guides that were there. I might search for more darkness 2 guides for anyone here who needs them.

Oh and thanks to the cheapie who gave the guide update :)[/QUOTE]

I need!... And I'm sure a lot of other people too if you're able to turn a few extras up.

@ SEF , NY is an Oasis of Madden Guides . I must have seen no lie about 25 copies at the GS's I checked in on . But None had Darkness II . I did get two Maddens one for my boys and one for my nephew .

[quote name='spacegundam0079']@ SEF , NY is an Oasis of Madden Guides . I must have seen no lie about 25 copies at the GS's I checked in on . But None had Darkness II . I did get two Maddens one for my boys and one for my nephew .[/QUOTE]

Isn't an oasis illusion that doesn't actually exist?

o·a·sis

- noun, plural -ses 1. fertile place in the desert

I would assume you are thinking of...

mi·rage

- noun 1. atmospheric illusion in which images of far-distant objects are seen

Which is often depicted as an oasis :)

I was thinking of the British band actually , I kid I kid . Seriously its funny get a print out from the store of the guides they have . Most of the ones here read GOW 3 LE 25 Copies , COD MW 3 CE 27 Copies , FF XIII-2 LE 24 Copies , Madden 12 25 Copies , WKC II 1 Copy , Disney Universe 2 Copies , Silent Hill Downpour 2 Copies etc etc . I know they stock most of the big title game strategy guides but all these LE/CE ones never move . Even when they go on sale like Dark Souls at $10 they are still sitting there , that guide is massive . Im rambling . I hope they keep stocking all these crazy ass guides . Half the fun is searching and the rest is getting the payoff of finding and getting them . Even though id like the Darkness II Ive still yet to get it . Still not cheap enough for me hehe

I was gonna mention the band too. Just noticed the capital "O" in Oasis. Should have been a giveaway at denoting a proper name hehe. Then again, the Oasis is also a bar/club locally here too :)

[quote name='godsmack13']o·a·sis

- noun, plural -ses 1. fertile place in the desert

I would assume you are thinking of...

mi·rage

- noun 1. atmospheric illusion in which images of far-distant objects are seen

Which is often depicted as an oasis :)[/QUOTE]

You're correct. Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking, and I need to fact check myself when I post. :D

thanks for the update...

Bought xenoblade last night and picked up Darkness 2 guide at my local gamestop. employee rang it up and i was a penny. gave the guide to me for free. He then took out the remaining guides out from the shelves.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I got a Golden Sun Dark Dawn guide from Toysrus for 1c, and this time nobody gave me any lip compared to the last time I tried at the other TRU. There weren't many titles in the store, so that was a little lucky. All I saw were Mario 3DS and Assassin's Creed guides.[/QUOTE]

(Taken from discussion thread)

I am going to add this to the OP. Could someone else confirm this and get us a better list. I don't live near any "convenient" TRUs.

Didn't get these for a penny, but $20 got me this lot today:

5Y45G35Jb3Le3J23N6c4ea97a194cbbfb1131.jpg

[quote name='MasterSun1']Didn't get these for a penny, but $20 got me this lot today:

5Y45G35Jb3Le3J23N6c4ea97a194cbbfb1131.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where the fuck did you get those ? ! At a gs ? Alot of those guides are for all time classics !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Where the fuck did you get those ? ! At a gs ? Alot of those guides are for all time classics ![/QUOTE]

Image has a Craigslist link, so assuming there.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Image has a Craigslist link, so assuming there.[/QUOTE]

Yep, picked them up off some stoner off Lovejoy and Naito.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Guide for Syndicate pennied today. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Where? I am assuming GameStop?

Amazing, that game must have sold terribly.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Where? I am assuming GameStop?

Amazing, that game must have sold terribly.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Sorry about that. I was fixing my post and you quoted me! :lol:

Now, go bug some Gamestop employees. ;)

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Yep. Sorry about that. I was fixing my post and you quoted me! :lol:

Now, go bug some Gamestop employees. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thread has been updated! Hopefully some people find some!

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Guide for Syndicate pennied today at Gamestop. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know Syndicate came out with a guide. Hardly see it in GS and BBY. Oh well. Guess ill miss out on this. thanks for update though.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im going to have the hard cover one scanned, ill let you guys know whats up[/QUOTE]

alright! thanks!! also try and scan red dead redemption GOTY edition... seems like that needs to penny out soon too! hehe!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']alright! thanks!! also try and scan red dead redemption GOTY edition... seems like that needs to penny out soon too! hehe![/QUOTE]

No prob, Ill also scan rage, batman ac and dragon age 2 vanilla edition again. Those should have dropped by now

[quote name='CAGkrazy']both hardcover and paperback?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aspen1284']Only paperback as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the website reflect any price drops? They're still retail price online.

I usually never have any luck with the penny guides but I was near a GameStop and thought what the hey. They had the Uncharted 3 guide the clerk scanned and handed me the guide for free. The clerk was super cool about it. The hardback was the msrp. Thanks OP !!!

okay thanks for the heads up on U3... i think i saw some at my store yesterday. time to make a visit again after work. hehe!

Two of my gamestops didnt have uncharted 3 vanilla edition or syndicate so Ill try other gamestop's tommorow. ive been having great luck with these guides since i started hunting them down so i hope that continues :)

[quote name='k1ngster']No uncharted 3 avaliable... But did get a darkness 2.[/QUOTE]

No Uncharted even available anywhere to buy before the drop. Darkness 2 was destroyed last week in my area. I did get a Syndicate today though.

[quote name='Romeo']No Uncharted even available anywhere to buy before the drop. Darkness 2 was destroyed last week in my area. I did get a Syndicate today though.[/QUOTE]

AWESOME! I am glad that you got a Syndicate guide. I was starting to worry that no one was going to find one and say I posted bad information. LOL.

Still no Uncharted 3 for me. Hit up 3 different stores tonight. None even had a guide rack anymore, they just had like 3 guides by the register. Sucks but I saw a couple of hardcover Uncharted 3 at 2 different BB so I still have a chance to get an UC3 guide.

[quote name='j.t']Still no Uncharted 3 for me. Hit up 3 different stores tonight. None even had a guide rack anymore, they just had like 3 guides by the register. Sucks but I saw a couple of hardcover Uncharted 3 at 2 different BB so I still have a chance to get an UC3 guide.[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of any best buy price drop, especially on the hardcover guide.

bread's done
Back