Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they have different rules. I saw someone get a large Halo MegaBlocks set for 3 cents at TRU. Sales people said it was just a sign that it was a discontinued item, not a sign that they had to pull it.

Thanks Darby ! :)

Was Able to get 3 of each

Battlefield 4
Wash Dawgs
Thief
Halo 4
Titanfall
Donkey Kong country returns
AssCreed iv
Luigis mansion
Zelda link between
Lego city wiiu
Lego legends chima

and left a bunch there but once the guys on the video game dept saw that they were like damn going to have grab some :)

If anyone can, I would like a Link Between Worlds, my local TRU dont have any of these I might go check one that a bit far off but dont know if it's worth it 

Thanks guys! Was able to snag ALBTW, Titanfall and DK 3D. It was so strange, yesterday I wanted to get ALBTW b/c I just started it, willing to pay $10 if it had been discounted, but the clerk couldn't get it to ring up. I wonder if they were switching it in the system or what. Figured he was just incompetent at scanning it.

Did have Skylander Giants and Zelda: WW HD rung up, but $15 and $25 still..

too little for most

I buy the big ones at Walgreens when they run a deal 3/$1 (the larger ones are costly)

and USPS has a flat rate bubble mailer $5.05 to ship that fits quite a few, my local USPS s did not carry these, so I ordered a case for free.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the previous post because those are the exact ones I've used for most all my guide trades/sales here. That size (#4) will fit 1 or 2 normal sized guides just fine. Extra thick or hardcover guides would need a step larger... #5

Thanks, Darby--I was able to get 5 guides at my TRU (2x ALBW, 2x AC IV, 1x Thief), and the employee just laughed at the $0.02 prices.

It reminded me of the good old days getting penny guides at Best Buy...

My Toys R Us did not have any. If anyone has duplicates of these and wants to sell them PM me please:

Thief
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Luigi's Mansion
Link Between Worlds.

Thanks.

Got link betwee worlds, luigis mansion, 2 assassins creed and 2 thief.

Locked in trade for 28.61

Edit: Home now. They were surprised by the price, and said they should have been removed from the shelf, and went on to say that they couldn't ring them up and they were just giving them to me instead. After that they were going to remove the rest from the shelf, so sorry to anyone in Monroe, LA :/

store one - zilch

store two - quite a few titles but no Animal, Donkey or Pikmin 3...dab nab it

and they were very nice and check out... probably should have picked up more...

Thanks op!

back to the mailers... the 9.5" width was the issue for me, but perhaps it was the particular brands I tried?

I now always get the 10.5" wide... but I do not ship many lately (not as many trades since BB dried up...and GS changed da rules...

would love to trade for or buy  please...

Went to the TRU in Buena Park, CA and grabbed four ALBW, two Thiefs, and an ACIV. They also had some DK and Pikman, did not see ACNL.

Thanks to everyone who posted about the price drop! This is the first time I managed to grab some penny guides so I'm very excited.

Went to the TRU in Buena Park, CA and grabbed four ALBW, two Thiefs, and an ACIV. They also had some DK and Pikman, did not see ACNL. Thanks to everyone who posted about the price drop! This is the first time I managed to grab some penny guides so I'm very excited.
color me jealous... congrats, if the only other location wasn't another hour away....as it were, the two I went to were 30 min one way...

Thank you so much Darby. I never thought I'd have another day like today
...after IATCG snitched like a b**** :wall: 

Wash_Dawgs (You misspelled this one dude, there's an underscore on the title of guide cover art :razz:  ).
Thief
Titanfall
Donkey Kong country returns
AssCreed iv =P~
Zelda link between
Lego city wiiu
Lego legends chima
Pikmin 3

Now to figure out the differences between this Link Between Worlds guide and the tiny Link Between Worlds guide I actually paid more than .01 or .02 cents for at Target. Anyone know?

Besides reselling, trading and collecting is there any other reason to get one. Also if I get some does anyone have a Bayonetta 2 or Sunset Overdrive guide they would trade.

I am looking for guides for Zelda ALBW, Luigis Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Lego City Undercover. If anyone finds them and are willing to sell them, PM me.
I'll see if I can get one and I'll give it you for shipping.

Locked in some trade ins at Amazon this morning. Values are plummeting obviously. Zelda was around $5 this morning; now it's around $2.50.

Well seeing as my Wife's Neices and Nephews ( as well as my own children ) were over . Guess who's stash got raided...this guy ! So they took most of the dupes which I don't mind since guide trading is all but dead . So Im taking some of them home after dinner cause I know theres another TRU on the way back . I go in and it is like the old BB days. Glorious ! Wish I could have scored a DR3 guide but ...

[attachment=11980:MKL8KB6Q.jpg]

Not bad this with GS been a good few months of guide getting ! Thanks again Darby

Thank you so much Darby. I never thought I'd have another day like today
...after IATCG snitched like a b**** :wall:

Wash_Dawgs (You misspelled this one dude, there's an underscore on the title of guide cover art :razz: ).

Now to figure out the differences between this Link Between Worlds guide and the tiny Link Between Worlds guide I actually paid more than .01 or .02 cents for at Target. Anyone know?
Sorry for missing the underscore. Damn mobile.

Re: the tiny target one: for some reason Target has randomly been getting mini versions of some of the guides for the past year or so. Not sure why or what the difference is besides physical size.

Sorry for missing the underscore. Damn mobile.

Re: the tiny target one: for some reason Target has randomly been getting mini versions of some of the guides for the past year or so. Not sure why or what the difference is besides physical size.
That's interesting and also weird that Target gets smaller versions. Maybe they just do it to take up less shelf space.

Went to the TRU in Buena Park, CA and grabbed four ALBW, two Thiefs, and an ACIV. They also had some DK and Pikman, did not see ACNL. Thanks to everyone who posted about the price drop! This is the first time I managed to grab some penny guides so I'm very excited.
DAMN YOU I was going to go to that one tomorrow but it was pretty far from where I am located at

[quote name="lakers714" post="12481844" timestamp="1423445996"]DAMN YOU I was going to go to that one tomorrow but it was pretty far from where I am located at [/quote]
I left at least five ALBW there, maybe one Thief and there were like 3 DK and two Pikmin. Possibly also one of the Legos? They might still be there by tomorrow.

bread's done
Back