Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to two GameStop this weekend and checked this out as I didn't know much about it. One had the nes classic guide and basically said "yeah man, if we penny them out, you can have them". He also said to ask anytime I go into any other GameStop. Gamestop number two said "oh nooo we can't do that. GameStop is very very strict on this and we would get in big trouble if we were to give/sell those guides" also said the other GameStop could get in a lot of trouble for saying what they did. Soooo... not sure what the official policy is. As always, YMMV.

not sure if i should jump the gun on Witcher Complete CE, sold out everywhere within 15 miles radius

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Damn. Been eyeballing that CE Mass Effect so long it's burned into my retina. Guess I'll have to wait even longer.

There's supposed to be another guide dropping off the grid, I'm positive last night count for the search was 43

Based on some screenshots I had, I think I noticed that Ghost Recon: Wildlands Non-CE dropped off. I could be wrong though.

Hello, first time posting here. I was casually searching through the clearance bins and found 3 strategy guides for a penny each. Best one was Zelda Breath Of The Wild complete official guide, The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim Special Edition, and Watchdogs 2 Collector's Edition. I ended up buying the first 2, but I let the store associate get the Watchdogs cause he was bummed he didn't know they had it still in store. He actually gave me a dollar coin in exchange lol. If you have found any deals feel free to post down in the comments, y'all have a good one.

Hello, first time posting here. I was casually searching through the clearance bins and found 3 strategy guides for a penny each. Best one was Zelda Breath Of The Wild complete official guide, The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim Special Edition, and Watchdogs 2 Collector's Edition. I ended up buying the first 2, but I let the store associate get the Watchdogs cause he was bummed he didn't know they had it still in store. He actually gave me a dollar coin in exchange lol. If you have found any deals feel free to post down in the comments, y'all have a good one.

What. The. Hell.

I figure they would do that, than give it to the people who might still want them. If I find any more I'll be sure to post to the link you provided. 

These are also supposed to be destroyed, not sold. Very YMMV.

IKR? How many alts does this guy have? Account since 2010 and this is the first post? IATCG needs to try harder.
Hi, I was going to make a new profile, but forgot that I made one long ago. Didn't feel the need to close that one down and make a new one. What is an alt by the way?

Thank you for the info., regardless of who you are. 

If this is an alt., which it appears to be, the length of no posts for the account reminds me of the movie Primer (SPOILERS), the failsafe box has been put into action!

Thank you for the info., regardless of who you are.

If this is an alt., which it appears to be, the length of no posts for the account reminds me of the movie Primer (SPOILERS), the failsafe box has been put into action!
Better check Geechy's attic for so-called "rats"! :whistle2:D

Snagged 2 Andromeda SC and 2 GR:WL SC guides. Bonus that there were 2 GR:WL CE guides sitting there, too, so 6 cents well spent. :)
If you are looking to unload one of those Andromeda guides, please let me know. I have other guides to trade or PP (reasonable cost + shipping) if you are interested.

Nevermind...I found one.

IKR? How many alts does this guy have? Account since 2010 and this is the first post? IATCG needs to try harder.
I don't understand the culture or mindset of regular CAG posters.

A few years ago, I posted maybe my 3rd or 4th post ever (after having my account for a year or 2) and I got crap for it. Why does this matter at all? I bet the majority of the people who visit CAG never or almost never post. Many, like me, just come here to see what hidden gaming deals their are on the internet. Posting a comment is almost always unnecessary unless you're adding to specifics of the deal.

Why do regular posters feel required to shame those of us who rarely post? Feels like an exclusionary kinda society sometimes.

I don't understand the culture or mindset of regular CAG posters.

A few years ago, I posted maybe my 3rd or 4th post ever (after having my account for a year or 2) and I got crap for it. Why does this matter at all? I bet the majority of the people who visit CAG never or almost never post. Many, like me, just come here to see what hidden gaming deals their are on the internet. Posting a comment is almost always unnecessary unless you're adding to specifics of the deal.

Why do regular posters feel required to shame those of us who rarely post? Feels like an exclusionary kinda society sometimes.
You don't need an account unless you are going to post something as you can read any public forum on the site without creating an account. If someone posts something that has a strong appearance of an alt account, whether the account is 5min or 5 years old we are going to call them out on it. Old accounts are naturally suspicious because if it has little or no posts, chances are that it is an alt account or a lurker which are both hated for different reasons.

People who use alt accounts tend to be fart sniffing, basement dwelling, trolls that had their other accounts banned for good reason and should stay away.

Lurkers have been known to ruin good deals by blasting deal details all across other areas of the web go so they can get worthless internet approval likes. They also tend to ask annoying questions that are easily answered with minimal research.

So your saying people shouldn't make accounts if they aren't going to be typing angry paragraphs about a deal on a deals website? Ok boss

Alt accounts are assholes but unless there's a very clear indication of an alt account, regulars do need to lighten up. There's plenty of reasons someone would create an account and just not post.

You don't need an account unless you are going to post something as you can read any public forum on the site without creating an account. If someone posts something that has a strong appearance of an alt account, whether the account is 5min or 5 years old we are going to call them out on it. Old accounts are naturally suspicious because if it has little or no posts, chances are that it is an alt account or a lurker which are both hated for different reasons.

People who use alt accounts tend to be fart sniffing, basement dwelling, trolls that had their other accounts banned for good reason and should stay away.

Lurkers have been known to ruin good deals by blasting deal details all across other areas of the web go so they can get worthless internet approval likes. They also tend to ask annoying questions that are easily answered with minimal research.
I'm neither one, I never got banned or put deals on other sites just to feel good. I really did forget I made an account long ago with my current email. Just wanted to let people know what I saw.

Thanks all! Had a decent experience going into a Gamestop and asking if they could help check some guides. Reg prices on these hardcovers: Mass Effect Andromeda, TCGR Wildlands, and Witcher 3, but the guy set aside Skyrim SE [sc], Watchdogs 2 [hc], and Halo Wars 2 [hc] when they scanned for a penny. Then he told me that "I found these by the dumpster right?" since they couldn't sell them. Also mentioned that when his store's guides get pennyd out, they go through their stock to throw them away. I guess these were somehow overlooked. Anyway, got to walk with 3 free guides, so had that going for me.

Thank you for the tip! I was able to nab a fallout 4 and wildland hardcovers. Had an associate say they can't but the store leader walked in and said take em since they just throw them away anyway. I'll never understand why some employees would rather throw them away then let someone have em.

Thank you for the tip! I was able to nab a fallout 4 and wildland hardcovers. Had an associate say they can't but the store leader walked in and said take em since they just throw them away anyway. I'll never understand why some employees would rather throw them away then let someone have em.
i know right. i rather give than trashing it. someone out there wants it. like mcdonalds... customer got the wrong burger, the employee trashed it. couldve gave it to the bum right outside.

thanks Darby putting Prey in for pickup now in case they pulled it in the morning (most likely will)
I considered doing this though I could see them canceling it presuming the penny price pops up when they confirm the hold request in the morning.

bread's done
Back