Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to send up to a $50 PSN gift card to anyone that can scan receipts of the stores they've been buying penny guides from. $5 per receipt. You can block out any personal information on the receipt, just need the store name, address, and item on the receipt. Thank you.
yead that's the man! i wonder how many receipts he got LOLz! dude thanks for all the cash u help me make over the years u ran the penny guide thread!!!

One guide that pennied out this last week is the Pokemon Sun & Moon Pokedex HC. I usually ask at my main GS when I drop in if anything has pennied out & they usually hook things up more often than not.
noob question, what's "HC"? and is there a way to check online which GS store has them?

He contacted the guide publishers letting them know that they were selling the guides for a penny when they were supposed to be destroyed or maybe sent back and Best Buy changed their registers not to allow the penny guides to either ring up for a penny or ring up as not for sale and not let the transaction complete.

I'm willing to send up to a $50 PSN gift card to anyone that can scan receipts of the stores they've been buying penny guides from. $5 per receipt. You can block out any personal information on the receipt, just need the store name, address, and item on the receipt. Thank you.
Store 788 in Cuyahoga Falls, OH usually hooks me up!

He contacted the guide publishers letting them know that they were selling the guides for a penny when they were supposed to be destroyed or maybe sent back and Best Buy changed their registers not to allow the penny guides to either ring up for a penny or ring up as not for sale and not let the transaction complete.
He basically took credit for BB stopping the sale of pennyguides when in fact nobody but BB knows why they stopped selling them. I personally think in reality he was just joking about killing the deal and thought they weren't REALLY gonna be killed & he underestimated the backlash from the community over said lost deal. I wasn't happy with the deal going bye bye but always thought the dude was pretty funny chill guy mostly + he helped me make a ton of $ so i wish him well.

He basically took credit for BB stopping the sale of pennyguides when in fact nobody but BB knows why they stopped selling them. I personally think in reality he was just joking about killing the deal and thought they weren't REALLY gonna be killed & he underestimated the backlash from the community over said lost deal. I wasn't happy with the deal going bye bye but always thought the dude was pretty funny chill guy mostly + he helped me make a ton of $ so i wish him well.
He got pissed because some guy in his area was beating him to them and then selling them at a flea market. So he wrote a letter to the publishers bitching out BB for selling them.

Nothing as far as I can see. But gamestop did have a sale resently of guides being half off. So they may be trying to unload some stock before it gets Pennied.

Just curious, how do penny guides work? I'm newer here but lurked for awhile, though I could never find them locally.

Odd day to drop off the website though

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I only just started trying to keep track this month, I got a list from the beginning of the month... and then forgot to check until today. Could have been any of the last few weeks, couldn't remember if it was Tuesday or Wednesday they dropped off, I'll check again tomorrow.

Actual guide talk nice ! Was waiting for obligatory " I'm new here how do you get guides and please give me names store number/locations descriptions of workers , no way am I IATCG!". I will say scary trend that a few GS here have closed up shop. Not ones I get guides at but still...

The SNES Playing With Power $45 book disappeared off the site. I’ve been waiting ages for this to drop. Could someone confirm it did?

I can confirm the hardcover SNES playing with power book dropped last week. That was the only one I was watching for months now. Can’t believe I missed it. Thanks Darby.

By the way, what happened to blackbeard?

I can confirm the hardcover SNES playing with power book dropped last week. That was the only one I was watching for months now. Can’t believe I missed it. Thanks Darby.

By the way, what happened to blackbeard?
just make sure u gotta be careful of what u say and do on the forums.

I was able to find 2 SNES guides HC, 1 Atari Flasback guide PB, 1 Pokemon Sun & Moon guide PB and 1 Samus Returns PB. A penny each at 3 different stores.

bread's done
Back