Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
HC SNES is pennied. Thats what you really want is the HC one, Just picked that one up an hour ago . Cover art makes it look like a giant SNES cart and the sleeve cover makes it look like an OG SNES box with it.

"Would you be interested in selling the COD WWII strategy guide? I've been looking for that one for awhile."

Oddly enough, I am having a hard time finding a 2nd copy of that. I'll keep you in mind if I find a 2nd.

I checked a good dozen stores in various states. Not one had CoD WW2 HC. Surprisingly it's the only HC drop I haven't gotten in a long time. Honestly it is irking the crap out of me!

Really surprised to not see a post here in weeks. I've been away on holiday and haven't paid attention to any drops as I was out of the country. Just noticed several drops at some point over the last few weeks, AC Origins hardcover and a Final Fantasy hardcover as well.

I tossed out all my penny guides last week. They were taking up too much space... I think I'll just buy the ones I actually care about from now on (only Piggyback and Futurepress, because Prima is just crap).

I tossed out all my penny guides last week. They were taking up too much space... I think I'll just buy the ones I actually care about from now on (only Piggyback and Futurepress, because Prima is just crap).
What? What a waste! You could have put them up on CAG. People would have easily paid you cost + shipping + gas for them.

I'd definitely would have been interested...I haven't been able to get a Penny Guide since Best Buy stopped doing it.  Gamestops around me don't even have guides on the shelves anymore, and if you ask them, they flat out tell you it's no longer in the system.  

I'd definitely would have been interested...I haven't been able to get a Penny Guide since Best Buy stopped doing it. Gamestops around me don't even have guides on the shelves anymore, and if you ask them, they flat out tell you it's no longer in the system.
I know what you mean, back in the day with BB, I'd just empty the shelves into a cart and drop a quarter with "oh I heard these were on clearance" when the cashiers eyes flashed with amazement. Now I had to go to 4 gamestops today just to find 1 copy of Ass Creed Origins HC and FF Dissidia NT HC each.

I know what you mean, back in the day with BB, I'd just empty the shelves into a cart and drop a quarter with "oh I heard these were on clearance" when the cashiers eyes flashed with amazement. Now I had to go to 4 gamestops today just to find 1 copy of Ass Creed Origins HC and FF Dissidia NT HC each.

Were those the only two HC drops? I have to hunt for those soon. Probably am too late.

What? What a waste! You could have put them up on CAG. People would have easily paid you cost + shipping + gas for them.
I don't know about that, I had them listed on the trading thread for years and never got any bites. They weren't from recent drops either; last drop I got anything was at least 2 or 3 years ago. No real standout guides either. Can anyone really tell me they would have wanted any of this: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/254107-strategy-guides-buy-sell-and-trade-thread-new-improved/page-9#entry11729587

I don't know about that, I had them listed on the trading thread for years and never got any bites. They weren't from recent drops either; last drop I got anything was at least 2 or 3 years ago. No real standout guides either. Can anyone really tell me they would have wanted any of this: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/254107-strategy-guides-buy-sell-and-trade-thread-new-improved/page-9#entry11729587
Those look like mostly softcovers. You made the right call. I'm about to do the same with my pile of non-CE guides. Just can't seem to bring myself to toss hardcover guides though. May just give them to Goodwill

HC ultra sun/moon and HC pokedex maybe?

No updates as of yet, just replying to asking if anyone found the pokemon CE drops at all?

Also, does anyone know of any current amazon discounts or codes for book purchases? There are some futurepress guides I'd like to pick up that. Since gamestop stopped carrying them I don't see any other option except amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_iUZ89umr0

@6:06,  mario odysey paper dropped and possibly Wii Sing it

I was able to dump a big lot off on CL, mostly junk like you have there for about $1 each. Did take a while, but luckily not short on space. Kept a few that were worth at least $5+ and still have a bookshelf full of my own collection that collects dust.

A big thank you Romeo. I was able to get a God of War CE. Was waiting for a 50% off sale on guides glad I didn't miss out.

Did everyone give up on the thread?

HUGE DROP DAY today! I'm really shocked it's a ghost town here anymore.
I keep up with the thread, but I've had no luck ever when it comes to grabbing any penny guides. Not sure if it's just me running into a bunch of JDs, crappy luck, no inventory or some combo of all of the above.

God of War CE

Mario Odyssey CE

Far Cry 5 CE

Elder Scroll online Summer Set CE

got extras for trade

also pennied, don't know when

Dr strange costers, no pic, apparently they were ceramic

Harry potter costers, hard carboard/plastic?

anime  green "Black Butler" coffee mug, no pic

200 piecs puzzles, the 2 zelda botw, fallout4, and destiny

playing cards, nickelodean branded, the best ones are the original tv TMNT

tall starwars branded shot glasses Lando design, got a set of 4

starwars branded paint brush ceramic bottle holder Lando design?

[attachment=31073:penny.JPG]

Nice list nix. ESO CE dropped a month ago with AC Origins CE. Didn't know puzzles pennies. Would have grabbed some for gifts if I knew.

I'm still looking for a sealed CoD WWII CE if anyone has one.

God of War CE

Mario Odyssey CE

Far Cry 5 CE

got extras for trade

Dr strange costers, no pic

Harry potter costers

anime green "Black Butler" mug, no pic

playing cards, the best ones are the original tv TMNT

tall starwars branded shot glasses, got a set of 4

starwars branded paint brush holder?

attachicon.gif
penny.JPG
Willing to sell any of your extra guides? The only store in my area never lets me pick up any of the penny guides.

God of War CE

Mario Odyssey CE

Far Cry 5 CE

got extras for trade

Dr strange costers, no pic, apparently they were ceramic

Harry potter costers, hard carboard/plastic?

anime green "Black Butler" coffee mug, no pic

playing cards, nickelodean branded, the best ones are the original tv TMNT

tall starwars branded shot glasses Lando design, got a set of 4

starwars branded paint brush ceramic bottle holder Lando design?

attachicon.gif
penny.JPG
If you're willing to trade I have an extra Rise of the Tomb Raider Hardcover, may have others and will update if I find more

If you're willing to trade I have an extra Rise of the Tomb Raider Hardcover, may have others and will update if I find more
yeah, that sounds good, pm me, let me know

Also looking for the FF 12 zodiac age HC, thats hard to find for my area

also, my 2nd haul

[attachment=31080:photo 1.JPG]

[attachment=31081:photo 2.JPG]

puzzles and starwars bottle stoppers are pennied, rest dropped out of the system, so they are older but the best are the Destiny 2 Forsaken card decks that came with preorder, great if they'll give them to you for free.

edit: apparently there are some nice magnets floating around as well. I need them for my fridge, no home is complete without magnets on the fridge, very upset about that.

yeah, that sounds good, pm me, let me know

Also looking for the FF 12 zodiac age HC, thats hard to find for my area

That sucker seems to be the holy grail this time around. I'm driving to a store just over an hour away this weekend to grab a copy on hold for me. Dissidia was a bitch for me to find too.

That sucker seems to be the holy grail this time around. I'm driving to a store just over an hour away this weekend to grab a copy on hold for me. Dissidia was a bitch for me to find too.
found 1 zodiac age today and extra CoD WWII for your still looking for it

I keep up with the thread, but I've had no luck ever when it comes to grabbing any penny guides. Not sure if it's just me running into a bunch of JDs, crappy luck, no inventory or some combo of all of the above.
Right there with you. I haven't been able to get anything since around the time BB stopped doing it. Oddly, that is when my GS luck dried up too

Wondering how and why you took so many, plus also why so many are older drops. Couldn’t be dumpster diving since some of those drops many months ago.

To me, "threw out" suggests dumpster diving.  And who would be surprised if a GS or two held on to so many older SGs until now.  Good haul!

That's alot of Andromeda's ! Holy Crow ! I've gotten guides in the past from stores and they have given me guides that dropped ages ago while getting current drops. Nice but I was hoping they were dropping new guides.

Finger_Shocker, is that all from one Gamestop?  What a waste.  That's what happens when you don't put items out on display for customers to actually know you have them in stock.

Finger_Shocker, is that all from one Gamestop? What a waste. That's what happens when you don't put items out on display for customers to actually know you have them in stock.
All from one GS, every month they do a inventory purge so the books were all in boxes that they throw out and leave on curb for pickup. They won't sell guides either, they throw them out after they take a picture of it to prove disposal

bread's done
Back