Rei no Otaku gets the hat trick with General Gaming Thread #9!

Are the MAG servers region-based? Cheapy says the game is hard to find in Japan, implying it's selling pretty well over there.

It's a medic gun. You shoot "the good stuff" into your arm to heal or spray blue myst on downed teammates to bring them back to life.

[quote name='gunm']Are the MAG servers region-based? Cheapy says the game is hard to find in Japan, implying it's selling pretty well over there.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it is, but it probably tries to match you up with people that are close in proximity to minimize ping and lag.

I hope Sony takes what they learn about MAG, and apply that system to Warhawk 2. I loved playing me some Warhawk, but I always wished it was a larger-scale war with more people.

I was a squad leader for the first time today. It was really cool setting frago points and having your team stay close for the bonuses.

can't believe they stuck with the name MAG.

It's like:

"How about 'Freedom Soldiers: War on Terror'?"
"Warzone: Conflict of Terror"
"Front of Patriotism: Patriot Frontlines"
"Army of 256: Massive Bro Orgy of Racist Homoeroticism"
"i'm sick of this shit, lets just call it massive action game"
"ok"

Massive Action New Game

Massive Action Naked Game

Massive Action Ninja Game (this is a great idea)

Some guy on craigslist is selling it for $40. Worth risking rape?

More Ass Groping!

Does the 256 player matches ever go from being super spread out to eventually focusing on one smaller area at the end of the match where you might see like 50 bros from the opposing team? Cause that sounds like it could be good.

[quote name='dallow']I feel like I'm missing out by not being part of a 256 player war online.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I can't justify dropping $60 on a game when I have so many other games to play already.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Battlefield 2
Killzone
Medal of Honor

There's a history of great, original names for FPSs.

There's a newish Wii FPS that came out in January with a very original name, if you want to do a quick search.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Battlefield 2
Killzone
Medal of Honor

There's a history of great, original names for FPSs.

There's a newish Wii FPS that came out in January with a very original name, if you want to do a quick search.[/QUOTE]
The Conduit? Didn't that stink?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']The Conduit? Didn't that stink?[/QUOTE]

I met the guys who made the conduit last summer. Nice guys but never interested in the game. I have a pile of The Conduit button pins

I wish more games had time-sensitive stories.. like the original Fallout.

Like where it's impossible to do everything you want to do in the time given. I think ME2 does this, from what little bits I've heard. Trying not to hear anything though. Just did miranda's loyalty mission. Awesome.

So far I've done the
Garrus
and Mordin recruitment missions in ME2. Loving it.

Also I really want Shephard to bang the hell out of Kelly.

Ugh, I go to 7-11, get a medium drink.
And the code is damn near illegible. Tried all kinds of ways, can't redeem. :(

I forgot I hate Slurpees in cold weather.

[quote name='dallow']Ugh, I go to 7-11, get a medium drink.
And the code is damn near illegible. Tried all kinds of ways, can't redeem. :(

I forgot I hate Slurpees in cold weather.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know people bought slurpees in the snow? I forget living in miami so long >_

No snow here, just cold. :([quote name='seanr1221']Do you know which code youre getting before you buy it? I want the theme and costume.[/QUOTE]
Actually, all cups come with a code on the bottom (the larger clear bottles have codes on the side).

They're just regular codes to use on the Slurpee.com site. More points for bigger sizes. (doesn't need to be GoW3 cups)
You trade the points for prizes, the DLC armor is 10 points, the dynamic theme is 6.

I think for small, med, large it's 2, 3 and 4 points.

This code is universal for 2 points to get you started.
BSBV MJTB DNQN

Cool! Do you get a different amount of points depending on the size of the slurpee?

Also, do you already have 3 partners for WKC?

Yup, check my edit for the point denominations..

And nah, no official partners. One guy for sure though.
The rest is up to whoever is online.

Keep in mind, you do have to play the singleplayer to level up your online guy or else you won't be strong enough for the quests.
You can start going online once you hit level 10 but still best to keep playing offline to get stronger and unlock higher level quests online.

:whistle2:k I made some extra cash this past weekend and wouldn't mind picking it up if it's decent and we could have a solid group.

:whistle2:k
I'd feel bad if you hated the game, but I guess you could always resell it. haha.
It's definitely a good to decent RPG, and the online element is giving it enough of a boost that I'm buying it day 1. Otherwise I would have waited until after I beat FFXIII.

I'm probably going to have a lot of time for gaming this week since I have no power at home and will be at grandparents, so my goal is to finish Bayonetta and Mass Effect, and maybe GTAIV finally. When I finish Bayonetta I'll trade it in for Assasin's Creed 2 since it finally dropped in price. I've been dying to play that one.

[quote name='ninja dog']I'm playing renegade also

renegade_nes_vcmm_wrap_lg.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I still own that game...

Oh and Heavy Rain looks AWESOME.

Holy crap at who just friended me on Facebook. Blast from the past.
I have logged on in months, might as well approve all these requests. They probably think I've been snubbing them.

Ah, I see what ReRo was looking at now. Pretty funny.

http://www.eclipsehome.com/mag1284.jpg

So we were winning a domination match and the OIC(officer in charge) comes on and says "all soldiers at the 5 minute mark meet back at the objective letters for pictures". So all of us on the map leave the front lines and met up in the back field and i got some good pictures SVER for life!!
Special Shout out to the OIC ContraBanJoe for making this happen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_FEbTO8udg&feature=player_embedded

Ended up not able to sleep with this damn cold, despite going to bed early, so got up and played another 3 hours or so of ME2.

Did the recruit mission for
Tali
, loyalty missions for her, Thane and
Garrus
, and some scanning and some assignments on Citadel and elsewhere. Have a handful more loyalty missions to do, one more character to recruit, and whatever sidequests I can find (and more scanning of course) and then I can get on with the story.

I have a quick question about second playthroughs. If you do the new game+ with the same character, what carries over? Your level? Weapon upgrades? Amount of minerals you have at the end of the game?

Just curious in case I decide to do an insanity playthrough so I don't waste time scanning minerals I don't need on this playthrough if they don't carry over, or upgrading weapons I don't use much etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Ended up not able to sleep with this damn cold, despite going to bed early, so got up and played another 3 hours or so of ME2.

Did the recruit mission for
Tali
, loyalty missions for her, Thane and
Garrus
, and some scanning and some assignments on Citadel and elsewhere. Have a handful more loyalty missions to do, one more character to recruit, and whatever sidequests I can find (and more scanning of course) and then I can get on with the story.

I have a quick question about second playthroughs. If you do the new game+ with the same character, what carries over? Your level? Weapon upgrades? Amount of minerals you have at the end of the game?

Just curious in case I decide to do an insanity playthrough so I don't waste time scanning minerals I don't need on this playthrough if they don't carry over, or upgrading weapons I don't use much etc.[/QUOTE]

You carry over your level and you get a long service bonus that gives you extra minerals, credits, and all collected heavy weapons (I think?). It also works for if you beat the game and start a new character. Gives a pretty nice boost to my other imported character.

Thanks!

I'll probably take a break, but may play through again. Will just have to decide how to handle it. If I do everything the way I want this time, then I'd kind of need to do it all over again to get higher level character with the choices I want to import into ME3. But then again, the bonuses for importing characters at level 60 vs. 50 (which I was in ME1) were so minor that it's probably not worth it.

So maybe I'll make a female Shepard for a second play through and do different choices since that woul still get the level and long service bonus. May even do renegade as much as I don't like being a dick as at least that would be a pretty different experience and give me two very different options to import for two ME3 playthroughs.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Thanks!

I'll probably take a break, but may play through again. Will just have to decide how to handle it. If I do everything the way I want this time, then I'd kind of need to do it all over again to get higher level character with the choices I want to import into ME3. But then again, the bonuses for importing characters at level 60 vs. 50 (which I was in ME1) were so minor that it's probably not worth it.

So maybe I'll make a female Shepard for a second play through and do different choices since that woul still get the level and long service bonus. May even do renegade as much as I don't like being a dick as at least that would be a pretty different experience and give me two very different options to import for two ME3 playthroughs.[/QUOTE]
Oh, sorry I meant to throw a little thing in there, you don't get to keep your level with a new character, just the bonus creds and minerals. It says you get to keep your heavy weapons, but I didn't have any extra ones unlocked on my new character.

If you finish all the anomaly missions you'll get to level 30 before the end of the main game in ME2. I actually hit 30 right during the last mission.

Hmm, so PS3 references found in ME2 game code.

[SFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR?ecord2]m_nMaxRenegade=1900
m_nMaxParagon=1957
m_srXPFormat=340881
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007

Just like Bioshock, which they denied, and then a little bit later...

Ah. That puts a cramp in it as I'd want to start at 30 if I play on insanity for sure. But at the same time, I don't want build up a higher level character with a different path. Oh well, I'll take a break for a while after finishing the play through up and decide whether to replay or just wait for DLC like I did for the first game.

[quote name='dallow']Hmm, so PS3 references found in ME2 game code.

Just like Bioshock, which they denied, and then a little bit later...[/QUOTE]
I'd buy the games again if they get ported. I hate using my 360.

Nah, I'm on my 4th 360 and I get nervous every time I turn it on. Plus there's the whole controller comfort thing. 360 controller doesn't do it for me.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Nah, I'm on my 4th 360 and I get nervous every time I turn it on. Plus there's the whole controller comfort thing. 360 controller doesn't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

Joke post account life

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Joke post account life[/QUOTE]
It doesn't. It works well for shooters, but that's it. Everything else is uncomfortable for me, and the D-pad is completely busted.

The 360 controller for me is near-perfect, except the d-pad, which I would only use for fighters, which why would I use a controller for fighters.

Next Xbox controller needs slightly flatter buttons, and make them pressure sensitive (analog).

I hate pressing two face buttons at once on the it.

bread's done
Back