"Reigious Freedom" in Indiana

Oh dear. This thread reminds me that I've never met anyone on the right who understands the concept of hegemony.

Just a bunch of Al Bundy's leading the No Ma'am charge.

Oh dear. This thread reminds me that I've never met anyone on the right who understands the concept of hegemony.

Just a bunch of Al Bundy's leading the No Ma'am charge.
Hegemon?

reduced-galery_image_8670_12738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite, although that was one of my favorite Transformers.

Hegemony means going through life not worrying that the police will accuse, detain, or pursue you when you're shoveling snow in your driveway.

Hegemony means not worrying that "white" and "male" are sufficient descriptors for police to consider you a suspect.

Hegemony means not only not having to worry about these microaggressions, but also, instead of asking for better and less racist police enforcement, saying that the victims should behave around the police.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/04/i-was-racially-profiled-in-my-own-driveway/360615/

What does this have to do with religious freedom? Everything if you understand the concept of hegemony.

I see it so clearly now.

Some baker in Indiana should be forced against their will to bake a cake because some guy in Ferguson got shot.

Glad we could clear that up.

bread's done
Back