ReRo has a hard-on for Braid, Martin Lawrence, and GGT #70!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='willardhaven']What do you do for a living? I know you always get pre-release game stuff.[/quote]

Nothing directly related... to be honest. Like with many things in this world, it's who and what you know... not what you do...

Friends mostly. Networking.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']That's the best faceplate I've seen ever to be honest.[/quote]

Seconded. I only have 2 extra faceplates, the only other one I think is nice is the Blue Dragon one (black/blue).

gwn_blue_dragon_xbox_02.jpg

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I actually like my Generation 1 Transformers one better than both those.[/quote]

Oh yea, both of those ones are really nice too...

I can't bring myself to swap faceplates. I have a free one I got from GS that they were just randomly giving out for AC6, but it's just sitting in the closet, still bubble-wrapped. Plus nothing matches the puke green Halo3 console. :p

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']also, this game is going to play great regardless of your perceptions...[/quote]

You're certainly...stirring up...more discussions these days ReRo. :lol: I dunno what your experience with KZ2 is, but I know I personally can't make that claim until I've actually played the thing first.

Martin Lawrence is awesome!!!

u guys ever see that show martin?!?! it was sooooo funny!!

he's like "aw damn Gina!" such a good show!!

So instead of buying an 120GB hard drive for around $100 would it be a better idea to sell my current Premium with maybe a game or two and try to get $200 then buy a new Elite for $350?

For all those digging the SC4 faceplate, I'm pretty sure the OXM Podcast is giving one away in their trivia contest this week.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
and martin lawrence is a sexy ass bitch when he wants to be... jk... I hope.[/quote]

Do his ears make good handles?

[quote name='nyprimus4']So instead of buying an 120GB hard drive for around $100 would it be a better idea to sell my current Premium with maybe a game or two and try to get $200 then buy a new Elite for $350?[/quote]

I dunno, just how much content are you planning to store on your 360?

IMO, if you're thinking Netflix, maybe just stick to rentals that you can delete when you're done watching?

I've been doing fine wih the standard HDD so far. Still got 9GB-ish left, with about 14-15 perma-saved XBLA games. Seems to be enough to do demos and keep up with game patches ATM.

Edit: I'm most OOS with my Wii and PS3 storage is scary because of all the required/highly recommended HDD installs. Thank god Sony made the HDD user-swappable. My 320GB for PS3 is on the way...

yoyo u kno who else is dope?!?!?!

Matthew Lawrence... the other M. Lwarence.

Super Human Samurai Syber Squad was like my favorite show!!

I had all the toys and it was dope coz when u form them together it was in the exact same way as in the show... like all the joints and hinges and folds n shyt were exactly the same!!

this is true for both taking the parts and attaching them to Servo as well as taking the individual components of the robots to form either Drago or Xenon

but then I gave them all to my neighbor coz he was a lot younger than me and loved to come over and play with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34MmqmxqD0

Samuraize guys!!

Well, to MS's credit, the full game installs are optional. Unless you DL xbox classic titles, but I personally am not doing that.

The RB DLC DLs are pretty small, and I'm not into indie bands much, which seem to comprise the bulk of the DLC so far.

I do want to avoid upgrading as the 360 HDD is mad expensive for what you get.

Full game installs is what is motivating me. I want to do it and how many games will I be able to install with my 20GB... 2 games? :lol:

I have more then 30 retail games.

I don't want to install them all of course, but for the games I play I guess um.. at least once a week I don't want to be installing and uninstalling.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, I haven't seen too many 360 games that really needed an HDD install.[/quote]
It's not just load times, it's about my 360 not sounding like I'm vacuuming in my room. When I'm playing Gears 2 online all winter it will be nice to have a silent 360 for the first time in 3 years.

edit: Someone is willing to buy my PS3 for $500 cash. It's a 60GB with one controller (SIXAXIS), MLB 08 The Show, Ratchet, Motorstorm, and Socom 3.

I bought the PS3 for $500 last August. Motorstorm was $3 at Target, I traded 2 out of 5 of my free Blu-rays for Ratchet, MLB 08 The Show was full retail :)cry:) and Socom 3 my friend gave to me. I almost broke even.

Now to rid myself of those pesky Blu-rays.

edit x2: How do you really wipe a PS3's hard drive clean of everything? Accounts, credit card info, linux...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JEKKI']Super Human Samurai Syber Squad was like my favorite show!![/quote]
God I remember watching that. I used to have a few of the toys as well.

[quote name='Chacrana']Question of the day:

What is the worst console ever?

Ima say CD-i.[/QUOTE]
Not counting the obvious choices like CD-i, Jaguar, etc. I'm going with the N64.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What, what was the 360 Console update for?[/quote]
http://majornelson.com/
A few minutes ago, the team released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll recieve a prompt to accept this mandatory update. This update contains code to ‘prepare for future growth of the service.’ There are no other changes or enhancements in this update…in other words no new features.

To be clear: This is not the new Xbox experience update. That will come in the Fall.

[quote name='nyprimus4']It's not just load times, it's about my 360 not sounding like I'm vacuuming in my room. When I'm playing Gears 2 online all winter it will be nice to have a silent 360 for the first time in 3 years.

edit: Someone is willing to buy my PS3 for $500 cash. It's a 60GB with one controller (SIXAXIS), MLB 08 The Show, Ratchet, Motorstorm, and Socom 3.

I bought the PS3 for $500 last August. Motorstorm was $3 at Target, I traded 2 out of 5 of my free Blu-rays for Ratchet, MLB 08 The Show was full retail :)cry:) and Socom 3 my friend gave to me. I almost broke even.

Now to rid myself of those pesky Blu-rays.

edit x2: How do you really wipe a PS3's hard drive clean of everything? Accounts, credit card info, linux...[/quote]

Reformat.

But $500 seems low to me, especially since its a 60GB/BC system that has so many games.

I dunno, what's just as loud to me is the 360's fans spinning, and I don't think the HDD install will stop that.

Sorry, just being devil's cheapass advocate here.

[quote name='gunm']You're certainly...stirring up...more discussions these days ReRo. :lol: I dunno what your experience with KZ2 is, but I know I personally can't make that claim until I've actually played the thing first.[/quote]

:lol: so the second step after that is that I get banned >_<

naw, I've just got riled up today due to all this uncalled Braid bashing.

I don't want a high profile but someotimes things call for action >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: so the second step after that is that I get banned >_<

naw, I've just got riled up today due to all this uncalled Braid bashing.

I don't want a high profile but someotimes things call for action >_

Completely random, but how much will it cost me to ship Guitar Hero 2 with the guitar? Don't have the long box, but I have my own boxes. I'm about to goozex it.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Completely random, but how much will it cost me to ship Guitar Hero 2 with the guitar? Don't have the long box, but I have my own boxes. I'm about to goozex it.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to UPS it, and it cost me $20 when I sent out a wireless guitar like a year ago.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']damn it looks like braid might reach 12k 1st day :shock:[/quote]

I hope it does. I'm actually surprised it's doing so well at that price. I wasn't expecting it to go beyond the Penny Arcade game first day sales. At least it deserves it more than that game IM(H)O.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope it does. I'm actually surprised it's doing so well at that price. I wasn't expecting it to go beyond the Penny Arcade game first day sales. At least it deserves it more than that game IM(H)O.[/quote]

appareantly its a 11k something already and but damn at 1200 its doing perfectly fine even with all the haters..:lol:
that bodes well for castle crashers since i think thats gonna be 1200+ which i think will be even more worth it

[quote name='Chacrana']You'll have to UPS it, and it cost me $20 when I sent out a wireless guitar like a year ago.[/quote]

Eff that ess, it's not worth it for 900 points.

I think Hastings is having a B2g1 on all used games. If it's true, I'm trading some stuff in tomorrow and getting Gears, Eternal Sonata, and Burnout Paradise.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']appareantly its a 11k something already and but damn at 1200 its doing perfectly fine even with all the haters..:lol:
that bodes well for castle crashers since i think thats gonna be 1200+ which i think will be even more worth it[/quote]

I really hope MS is not waiting to see how this did to price Castle Crashers... They better not get any ideas of pricing CC high.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']naw, I've just got riled up today due to all this uncalled Braid bashing.[/quote]

Don't worry, you're not the only one who hates to see a game that's enjoyable bashed.

I enjoyed Braid myself, it's quite good, I just don't know if it's 1200 points good.

:bouncy:[quote name='refusedchaos']oh snaps, distgfx is posting here!

Disgaea 3 or ToV LE? which one should i get?[/quote]

Disgaea.

[quote name='refusedchaos']oh snaps, distgfx is posting here!

Disgaea 3 or ToV LE? which one should i get?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting both :)

But I think I'm going to play Vesperia first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back