ReRo has a hard-on for Braid, Martin Lawrence, and GGT #70!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Nelo Ice']
640x461.aspx

http://community.lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_development/archive/2008/08/07/2999121.aspx[/quote]

Nice. I can not wait for Fable 2 .. or Fallout 3 ... or Mirror's Edge .. or Gears 2. :whee:

[quote name='guinaevere']
I strongly advise not to go in that direction. The OTT is there and if you want non-game talk, go there. If the GGT turns into another OTT, it's going away. I don't know how to better spell it out to you guys, but no one seems to be listening.[/quote]

I didn't bother answering that post as I really don't think the GGT is becoming anything like the OTT, I'm not trying to be funny here but I really don't see how it is going down that path.

Maybe we need reminding about what is supposed to be talked about and what isn't in the GGT.

The GGT is for talking about what I want to talk about, and I want to talk about Streets of Rage 2: It's AWESOME!!!!! YEAH!!!

[quote name='Chacrana']I want to talk about Streets of Rage 2: It's AWESOME!!!!! YEAH!!![/quote]

I always liked it more than 3, the XBLA version is the definitive version IMO.

SoR3 was decent but the terrible music ruined what could've been a game almost on par with 2. As it stands, SoR2 is, in my opinion, the best beat-em-up ever made even in the face of games like D&D and AVP.

I just wish the 360 pad wasn't terrible for 2d games.

The LE for Fable 2 is nice. I'm not sure I believe the game will be worthwhile this time around, but if it is, I'll probably spring for the LE.

[quote name='Chacrana']The LE for Fable 2 is nice. I'm not sure I believe the game will be worthwhile this time around, but if it is, I'll probably spring for the LE.[/quote]
I kind of feel the same way. While I really liked the 1st Fable, I got the game when it was $20. And I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much if I paid full price for the game.

Nelo: I'm sure we'll see it appear as DLC sometime.

I'm just worried bout the game coz the combat in the first game was about as deep as that of an NES game. And then Molyneux's like "oh luuk, I hov a British aksent, ahnd I wont tuu tell you abouut all these trivial features." No, Moly. Tell me why this game is better than the first one. What did you fix?

Probably nothing. Pompous asshole...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']

Nelo: I'm sure we'll see it appear as DLC sometime.[/QUOTE]
Has the preorder DLC for Lost Odyssey appeared yet? I'm not saying you're wrong but for $20 more, when they're probably going to charge 800 points a piece for it anyway if it does ever go up seperately, and all the other stuff, it's actually not a bad LE.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm just worried bout the game coz the combat in the first game was about as deep as that of an NES game..[/QUOTE]

The combat really doesn't need to be deep in an action-rpg. If they put it on par with a Zelda game I'll be happy.

I don't want some lame, over-complicated combo system like in an action game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Has the preorder DLC for Lost Odyssey appeared yet? I'm not saying you're wrong but for $20 more, when they're probably going to charge 800 points a piece for it anyway if it does ever go up seperately, and all the other stuff, it's actually not a bad LE.[/quote]
Nope, but it hardly seems liked it would be worth the download anyway. I think it was just an extra dream and a skill. And $20 more is too much when you don't want anything else from that LE.

If I plug in my wireless (360)controller with the charger cord, can it be used on the PC without the wireless adapter thinger.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so this is where vol 2 of the LE soundtrack is
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12296323&postcount=79

http://www.talesbrigade.com/[/quote]

50 instock? does that mean only 50 people will be able to download it or something? Anyway, I would prefer to have that in CD form as well. I'd like to be able to listen to it on my PC... legally.

Edit: Oh, you have to join that site or something? I should read before I post... Still I'd like to buy it with real money.

Kendal: Nope, you need to buy that adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Nope, but it hardly seems liked it would be worth the download anyway. I think it was just an extra dream and a skill. And $20 more is too much when you don't want anything else from that LE.[/QUOTE]
One of the better skills in the game. Weapon Guard level 2 if I remember correctly. Again, you'll end up paying 800 points a piece for them if they go up. No doubt about it.

I thank the lord I hate RPGs Fable, there's already too many damned CE and LE versions of games I want coming out. Extra in-game content makes the CE and LE versions a must for me.

That Fable 2 LE does look good, and its quite a deal for just $20 more.

I'm considering changing my Disgaea 3 preorder to the LE. My only complaints are that it is $89.99 and they have one of those "randomly chosen" things. I would love either the artbook or the soundtrack, but if I got the stupid flag I know I would cry.

so damn everyone who got a $299 elite bundle with MUA and forza 2 along with a faceplate from dell if only they had that mistake when i got my elite around the same time last year!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so damn everyone who got a $299 elite bundle with MUA and forza 2 along with a faceplate from dell if only they had that mistake when i got my elite around the same time last year![/quote]

Pffft, knowing Dell they'll likely all get cancelled.

[quote name='benjamouth']Pffft, knowing Dell they'll likely all get cancelled.[/quote]
apparently ppls orders have already been shipped

I've never played the first fable so I'm neither wanting or not wanting fable 2... only thing in it I see I like is the dog, but that's it. plus I hate the Sims style animation.

Blockbuster told me I could buy a 20GB 360 with a wireless controller (does it only come packaged with a wired?), Blue Dragon, and some free Live nonsense for $350. Still too much, particularly since BD is only $30 or less now.

Is it too much to ask for a 360 with a game I want to play for $250 or less? That cheap Arcade is getting there, but I think I'll tell myself I need to wire the other half of my game room for ethernet before I can get it since I'm not buying a $100 adapter and I've managed to keep the rest of my basement free of cables.

I sure hope this 360 itch fades once Vesperia is released and I've not bought it.

[quote name='botticus']Blockbuster told me I could buy a 20GB 360 with a wireless controller (does it only come packaged with a wired?), Blue Dragon, and some free Live nonsense for $350. Still too much, particularly since BD is only $30 or less now.

Is it too much to ask for a 360 with a game I want to play for $250 or less? That cheap Arcade is getting there, but I think I'll tell myself I need to wire the other half of my game room for ethernet before I can get it since I'm not buying a $100 adapter and I've managed to keep the rest of my basement free of cables.

I sure hope this 360 itch fades once Vesperia is released and I've not bought it.[/QUOTE]

No the 20GB comes with a wirless. Only the Arcade (core before) that has no HDD comes with a wired controller.

And you'd have to wire ethernet with the 20GB (or elite) as well. No 360 models come with built in WiFi. But you can use a cheap wireless bridge rather than the official adapter.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I really detested MUA... largely due to the 6th grader mentality all the characters had. The combat was so-so.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I played maybe 2 hours and couldn't take anymore. Combat was boring. Voice acting was awful. I don't really like comics either so the setting didn't do anything for me.

RR what do u think about LBP appareantly only allowing u to import ur custom stuff with the ps eye?
Question:

Will I be able to import my cat pics into my created levels?

biggrin.gif

Response:

yes you will! (If you have a PS Eye that is.)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I really detested MUA... largely due to the 6th grader mentality all the characters had. The combat was so-so.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you would have liked it if it had some high concept art no one but you could understand ;)

Honestly, if we got a disc with Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, The Punisher, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on it, there'd never be a need for another comic-baesd game ever again.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No the 20GB comes with a wirless. Only the Arcade (core before) that has no HDD comes with a wired controller.
[/quote]

The Arcade pack comes with a wireless controller now.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']speakin of laptops i think im gonna get this one
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto.do
not sure what to add though other than upgrading the processor and graphics card[/quote]

I can't see the specs.

I'm getting this. Just got to sell this fucking desktop.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...omm=ecomm2.dell.com&c=us&l=en&cs=19&pg=review

I'm guessing the link won't work, so here's the specs:
XPS 1530

xpsnb_m1530.jpg

SYSTEM COLORTuxedo BlackeditPROCESSORIntel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.0GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)editOPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1editLCD AND CAMERAGlossy, widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1280x800) & 2.0 MP CameraeditMEMORY4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)editHARD DRIVESize: 250GB 5400rpm SATA Hard DriveeditINTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVESlot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)editVIDEO CARD256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GTeditWIRELESS CARDSDell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini CardeditBATTERY OPTIONS56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary BatteryeditSOUND OPTIONSHigh Definition Audio 2.0editFINGERPRINT SCANNERFinger Print Reader XPS M1530

I was gonna get a macbook until I realized this was the same price.

[quote name='Chacrana']Honestly, if we got a disc with Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, The Punisher, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on it, there'd never be a need for another comic-baesd game ever again.[/QUOTE]
The Punisher was good? I always wanted to try it.

Also I never liked MvC2 and I've owned it since it came out on the Dreamcast...

[quote name='Nelo Ice']RR what do u think about LBP appareantly only allowing u to import ur custom stuff with the ps eye?[/quote]

fuck! damn, that sucks. I'm very unhappy about that, but a patch or something will change that eventually I hope.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm sure you would have liked it if it had some high concept art no one but you could understand ;)[/quote]

:lol: no the game was good as it was, I just couldn't get past the fact how brainless large sections felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back