ReRo has a hard-on for Braid, Martin Lawrence, and GGT #70!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dmaul1114']No the 20GB comes with a wirless. Only the Arcade (core before) that has no HDD comes with a wired controller.

And you'd have to wire ethernet with the 20GB (or elite) as well. No 360 models come with built in WiFi. But you can use a cheap wireless bridge rather than the official adapter.[/quote]Gotcha.

Well, I was planning to run ethernet to the wall where my TV is anyway at some point (right now it's just on the adjacent wall), so I'd probably want to go ahead and do that anyway. It's a good way to put off an unnecessary purchase.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The Punisher was good? I always wanted to try it.

Also I never liked MvC2 and I've owned it since it came out on the Dreamcast...[/QUOTE]

The Punisher was excellent. Easily one of the best beat-em-ups of all time. Shame the Genesis version is so crappy, but the arcade original is phenomenal.

Some guy offered to sell me a DC. He said he had every U.S. Game but they were all "backups" I lol'ed.

EDIT: Nelo, which GPU are you looking at? How much is your config? I configured it at a grand, did the free ram and hd upgrade and got the 9600m GT.

Pretty good deal! The 9000 series are just the 8000 series with a smaller diecast right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']Nice. I can not wait for Fable 2 .. or Fallout 3 ... or Mirror's Edge .. or Gears 2. :whee:[/quote]Are those tarot cards? :whistle2:s

[quote name='benjamouth']Maybe we need reminding about what is supposed to be talked about and what isn't in the GGT.[/quote]Anything to do with games, so long as it follows CAGs rules and terms of use. So anything to do with games, so long as you're not abusive to each other, and no pics if they're NSFW or the post itself is NSFW in it's content. Respect for fellow CAGs who check in from the office is appreciated, but also it's required.

For the most part, the GGTs abide this outline. But I was busy last week and then sick and sometimes I just want to spend some time in the real world and uh... not here... anyway, I came back, cruised through one or two GGTs I missed and there was way too much off off-topic talk that did NOT belong in the GGT.

I'm probably the only mod who comes into the GGT with any regularity, if at all. I love y'all but I can't make you guys abide the rules, and I refuse to play nanny and spend all my time cleaning up after y'all when you should know better. Best I can do is give the not so subtle hints that I've been trying to get across. I'd like to say more, but can't and won't. Just keep the GGThreads on games, and it's good. Chit chatty stuff can always be in a GGT aim chat, or even in the GGT Social Group.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Some guy offered to sell me a DC. He said he had every U.S. Game but they were all "backups" I lol'ed.

EDIT: Nelo, which GPU are you looking at? How much is your config? I configured it at a grand, did the free ram and hd upgrade and got the 9600m GT.

Pretty good deal! The 9000 series are just the 8000 series with a smaller diecast right?[/quote]

u mean the processor right?
i think im gonna go with 2.26 unless going higher really makes a difference
and yeah i think im gonna go with the 9600 and the free upgrades of course
but anyone id like to keep it as close to 1k as possible lol

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm surprised anyone gives a shit about the 360's RPGs in Japan after Blue Dragon. Wow was that game bad.[/QUOTE]

Well, then Lost Odyssey came out.

Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant, FFXIII.

Lots of stuff to look forward to.

Streets of Rage 3 for life.

[quote name='guinaevere']
For the most part, the GGTs abide this outline. But I was busy last week and then sick and sometimes I just want to spend some time in the real world and uh... not here... anyway, I came back, cruised through one or two GGTs I missed and there was way too much off off-topic talk that did NOT belong in the GGT.

I'm probably the only mod who comes into the GGT with any regularity, if at all. I love y'all but I can't make you guys abide the rules, and I refuse to play nanny and spend all my time cleaning up after y'all when you should know better. Best I can do is give the not so subtle hints that I've been trying to get across. I'd like to say more, but can't and won't. Just keep the GGThreads on games, and it's good. Chit chatty stuff can always be in a GGT aim chat, or even in the GGT Social Group.[/QUOTE]

I still don't get why the OTT is allowed to have game discussion when the forum label is "Talk about anything you like, as long as it's not video game related.

That said, I don't really care as I don't come to forums to chit chat with random people about random shit anyway, and would hate to see the GGT get too off topic. But seems like a double standard to me with this forum being gaming only and not aloud to have non-gaming talk and the Off Topic forum being for everything but gaming but allowed to discuss gaming in their general thread.

stayed up til 1 last nite playing Red Bull BC One for DS.

not a very fun game -_- why did I play it for so long?!?!?!

The Punisher is AWESOME. I had a chance to buy a dedicated arcade cab locally a year or so ago. I'm sad I opt'd not to get it now ;(

[quote name='JEKKI']stayed up til 1 last nite playing Red Bull BC One for DS.

not a very fun game -_- why did I play it for so long?!?!?![/quote]

Cos you're true school ?

[quote name='dmaul1114']I still don't get why the OTT is allowed to have game discussion when the forum label is "Talk about anything you like, as long as it's not video game related.

That said, I don't really care as I don't come to forums to chit chat with random people about random shit anyway, and would hate to see the GGT get too off topic. But seems like a double standard to me with this forum being gaming only and not aloud to have non-gaming talk and the Off Topic forum being for everything but gaming but allowed to discuss gaming in their general thread.[/QUOTE]

That's why the GGT almost wasn't allowed to be made, because you can do your random gaming talk in the OTT.

[quote name='MarkMan']The Punisher is AWESOME. I had a chance to buy a dedicated arcade cab locally a year or so ago. I'm sad I opt'd not to get it now ;([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotta pick up the arcade board when I get a chance.

man, im having thoughts about selling my 360....its been freezing alot yesterday and i cant stay on xbox live for more than 2 min anymore (been happening for about a week now). idk whats wrong. i opened the needed ports and i tested if it was the enthernet cord and router but nadda....all i rly want is GoW II any ways but i guess ill wait for the pc version...i think ill send it in and sell it when it comes back

[quote name='zewone']That's why the GGT almost wasn't allowed to be made, because you can do your random gaming talk in the OTT.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying that was the mistake. There's a general gaming forum, and the Off Topic forum clearly says no gaming discussion.

Personally, I'm fine with it as is, but I don't thing Gwen should be so harsh on a bit of off topic stuff here and there. But definitely keep an eye on it as I don't think anyone want's this to turn into the banality of the OTT. There's a reason most of us post here and not in the OTT. I don't care about random peoples boring lives, no more than they care about mine.

Hey Rei, Amazon has the preorder for Warriors Orochi 2 (360) for $30 and I'm pretty sure that's a mistake. Just thought you might be interested.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I still don't get why the OTT is allowed to have game discussion when the forum label is "Talk about anything you like, as long as it's not video game related.[/quote]OTT is the one place in the Off Topic/Lifestyle forum you can talk games if you want.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Personally, I'm fine with it as is, but I don't thing Gwen should be so harsh on a bit of off topic stuff here and there. [/quote]I'm not the one who's being harsh. I'm doing nothing but letting y'all know that if enjoy the GGTs, then you'll want to keep things on the topic of Games.

[quote name='refusedchaos']man, im having thoughts about selling my 360....its been freezing alot yesterday and i cant stay on xbox live for more than 2 min anymore (been happening for about a week now). idk whats wrong. i opened the needed ports and i tested if it was the enthernet cord and router but nadda....all i rly want is GoW II any ways but i guess ill wait for the pc version...i think ill send it in and sell it when it comes back[/quote]

Ouch, still? Well, guess I can't blame you if you want to. Probably better to sell now and buy a newer model later anyway.

[quote name='guinaevere']OTT is the one place in the Off Topic/Lifestyle forum you can talk games if you want.

I'm not the one who's being harsh. I'm doing nothing but letting y'all know that if enjoy the GGTs, then you'll want to keep things on the topic of Games.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. But in the interest of avoiding double standards maybe the GGT should be the one place in general gaming where people can occasionally make some non-gaming posts since this thread is more of a gamer chat room than anything.

But no biggy. If I ran a site I wouldn't have an off topic forum or allow these kinds of chat threads as they're just bandwith hogs so we should all be thankful that we have them at all!

Don't pay these guys any attention, Gwen. We love ya, and you sure as hell are the best damn GGT Mod ever! I for one appreciate all that you do for us, cause I know its you who usually cleans up the tags those OTT folks put on us, and you do your best at keeping us on topic. And I would have to argue that we do stay on the topic of games at least 85-90% of the time.

Now, that being said I'm gonna go back to watching some cutscenes playing Xenosaga.

Man this morning's thread talk is fast.

Lessee:

1) I enjoyed MUA and I like Forza2.
2) Fable2 LE looks soooo tempting for the in-game content...but I have the regular on pre-order cheap. >_<
3) I played the Braid demo last night, and I like it! I would get it w/o hesitation for 800pts. I will need to see if Castle Crashers will be 1200 or more and if that's any good before committing to the full Braid.
4) As tired as some higher ups may be of whatever intermittent shenanigans go on here, I'm equally tired of having to rehash the ne'er-do-well activities of a few bad apples in GGT over and over. I'd like to respectfully ask that if a mod or mods have problems with individual GGT participants, please keep that offline. I mean, it really kills the mood of reading this thread when comments like that show up when people are actually behaving.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']u mean the processor right?
i think im gonna go with 2.26 unless going higher really makes a difference
and yeah i think im gonna go with the 9600 and the free upgrades of course
but anyone id like to keep it as close to 1k as possible lol[/quote]

I don't think you really even need to upgrade to the 2.26.

And I think I'll be getting this now if the reviews say battery life is good. I don't want to risk the GPU failures of the 8 series in the XPS.
EDIT: Battery life is really meh, and 2 hours and 45 mintues with wifi on. I guess I could always get a 9 cell later on.
What system does the GGT have Burnout on?

I have Burnout Paradise for 360.

I played some last night, actually. I wonder if I myself am "Burnout" on the game, cause after a few more wins towards A license, I didn't want to play any more. :/

It looks awesome from that trailer, but it's probably gonna suck, because it's based on an anime :(

Man, if that game is good though...

[quote name='suko_32']Hey Rei, Amazon has the preorder for Warriors Orochi 2 (360) for $30 and I'm pretty sure that's a mistake. Just thought you might be interested.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know all about it.

I dunno, I love Macross, but every single game I've played based on the series was a disappointment. I do still have that Saturn horizontal-shmup Macross game, but even that one was meh. The one lump of coal in my otherwise sparkly Saturn game collection. :p

I called it. Just like the Resistance 2 beta, the SOCOM Confrontation beta starting in September will be available with paid download of Qore. Or you can preorder it at Gamestop (which will give you an extra beta key to share).

I'm very curious on SOCOM. Not a fan of the series, and what little I've seen of the game didn't really look that great visually, but I want to try the beta and see if I'm missing something.

I had a problem with Psychonauts too.

The graphics, art direction, voice acting and story were top notch; it just didn't control well or have very fun gameplay for me. It was such a disappointment because everything but the game itself was amazing.

I'm looking forward to Macross... Like with most anime games, if you're a fan of the series, it'll help you bear with the disappointment... lol

[quote name='willardhaven']I had a problem with Psychonauts too.

The graphics, art direction, voice acting and story were top notch; it just didn't control well or have very fun gameplay for me. It was such a disappointment because everything but the game itself was amazing.[/QUOTE]
My husband played it, liked it, and recommended it to me; however, hearing from him about the iffy platforming didn't exactly make me rush to Steam and play it.

May still give it a go sometime, though.

[quote name='willardhaven']...it just didn't control well or have very fun gameplay for me.[/quote]

Shame, I was thinking about giving it a go one day too.

The graphics, art direction, voice acting and story were top notch; it just didn't control well or have very fun gameplay for me. It was such a disappointment because everything but the game itself was amazing.[/QUOTE]

eh, I couldn't stand the art direction... I still think it looks like shit. Tim Schaefer just seems to hate things that don't look retarded.

apparently this is whats in the fable 2 LE
full size images here
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1501/Fable-2/p1
1218127923.jpg

1218127921.jpg

1218127925.jpg

1218128026.jpg

What the fuck is that wannabe Master Chief shit? As if that was even a good character design in the first place...

Shit looks like a rip.

[quote name='Chacrana']What the fuck is that wannabe Master Chief shit? As if that was even a good character design in the first place...

Shit looks like a rip.[/quote]

Yeah, that does look a bit dreadful.

I couldn't really get in to the whole Tim Burton-esque theme it had going, but even if I had the ludicrously awkward platforming still would've killed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back