ReRo has a hard-on for Braid, Martin Lawrence, and GGT #70!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Nelo Ice']i enjoyed the braid demo but im still not sure if i should drop 1200 even though i have 10k in points i also keep playin and the N+ demo i should get to buyin that too lol of course everytime i think about buyin something i look at whats coming up later in the year and stop myself

also damn braids hit 18k apparently :hot:[/quote]

With that many points I'd get it.
Pc game enthusiasts, will I be able to game a little on this machine?
SYSTEM COLORJet BlackeditPROCESSORIntel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)editOPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1editHD DISPLAYGlossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)editVIDEO CARD256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450editMEMORY3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2editHARD DRIVESize: 320GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)editINTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)editWIRELESS NETWORK CARDSDell 1397 Wireless-G CardeditINTEGRATED WEBCAMIntegrated 2.0M Pixel WebcameditBATTERY OPTIONS56 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)editSOUND OPTIONSHigh Definition Audio 2.0editFINGERPRINT SCANNERNO FINGER PRINT READEReditKEYBOARDStandard Keyboard (included in the price)edit
Processor is all that worries me about gaming, but I'm thinking it should be adequate enough, and I don't think I can beat this for 750.

should i get that laptop i linked earlier with the config im goin with i could get it to like under 1k with the 2.26 processor and video card

I wanna upgrade my desktop PC's ram and motherboard cuz this thing feels like snails when I do art... I blame it on running Adobe Illustrator, Winamp, and Firefox with at least 15 tabs open at the same time.. yeah, I multitask like a bitch.

so far this artwork is making me very happy. happy enough to look at pedo zelda art... >_

[quote name='DarthPuma']With that many points I'd get it.
Pc game enthusiasts, will I be able to game a little on this machine?
SYSTEM COLORJet BlackeditPROCESSORIntel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)editOPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1editHD DISPLAYGlossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)editVIDEO CARD256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450editMEMORY3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2editHARD DRIVESize: 320GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)editINTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)editWIRELESS NETWORK CARDSDell 1397 Wireless-G CardeditINTEGRATED WEBCAMIntegrated 2.0M Pixel WebcameditBATTERY OPTIONS56 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)editSOUND OPTIONSHigh Definition Audio 2.0editFINGERPRINT SCANNERNO FINGER PRINT READEReditKEYBOARDStandard Keyboard (included in the price)edit
Processor is all that worries me about gaming, but I'm thinking it should be adequate enough, and I don't think I can beat this for 750.
[/quote]

Yes, you can game a little with that setup, but that one is primarily designed for multimedia. If the system memory is max'd, it should be fine for the newer Blizzard stuff. WoW for example does better the more memory you give it.

yeah even I want a laptop but I realize a desktop is just overall better to do.

Anyone have opinions on Sony Vaios? since I have to do a ton of video editing in about a month, they look tempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chacrana']Eh, my friend had one of those and it was kinda iffy.[/quote]

yeah, I like sony stuff, but mixing sony with an Microsoft OS makes a suck. the hardware is good but software... >_<

how old was your friend's?

Playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma now. The original is SO much better than the sequel. Rachel's levels are.. eh, okay. Doesn't look much better than Black on 360 BC, from what i've seen.

It's one of those things where there's only a clear difference if you play one and then play the other... it's a pretty big jump in graphics, though.

[quote name='Magus8472']Do you really need a laptop? From a gaming perspective you'll inevitably get more value out of a desktop.[/quote]

I realize that, and while I know a desktop would be cheaper, I would rather have a laptop. While my computer was broken I stole my mom's and it spoiled me.

bah, nice stealth attempt.

I refuse to ever watch through one of Yahtzee's tirades/comedic failures. He's worse than Seth Rogen.

[quote name='Chacrana']I refuse to ever watch through one of Yahtzee's tirades/comedic failures.[/quote]

Wait, it's supposed to be funny? That just makes them all the more terrible.

[quote name='refusedchaos']fixed[/quote]

Don't screw something up that was correct in the first place, I'll forgive you this time.

[quote name='distgfx']Don't screw something up that was correct in the first place, I'll forgive you this time.[/QUOTE]

eh, its just my opinion. i just prefered the 1st one more

[quote name='refusedchaos']eh, its just my opinion. i just prefered the 1st one more[/quote]

Don't worry, the greatness that is NG2 will soon descend upon you and you shall destroy all in your path to obtain it. Either that or I'll force you.

[quote name='distgfx']Don't worry, the greatness that is NG2 will soon descend upon you and you shall destroy all in your path to obtain it. Either that or I'll force you.[/QUOTE]

haha no, the only way ill play NG2 again is if they make a ps3 port that fixes up the stuff.

[quote name='refusedchaos']haha no, the only way ill play NG2 again is if they make a ps3 port that fixes up the stuff.[/quote]

I forced my friend who didn't own an original xbox to buy Ninja Gaiden Black and I'll be damned if I can't make you get a raging clue for Ninja Gaiden 2.

[quote name='distgfx']I forced my friend who didn't own an original xbox to buy Ninja Gaiden Black and I'll be damned if I can't make you get a raging clue for Ninja Gaiden 2.[/QUOTE]

nope, im stubborn

[quote name='refusedchaos']nope, im stubborn[/quote]

We'll just see how stubborn you are.

On a side note, whoever doesn't own both NGs needs to buy them ... now ... please? They are marvelous games and damned well worth the full $50 (NG), $50 (NGB), $70 (NGSCE) and $60 (NG2) I paid for them.

[quote name='zewone']But, if you have the choice of either (which everyone should, who doesn't have access to a PS2?), the best version is the PS2 version.[/quote]I dunno. If you look at where Nintendo appears to be targeting their new audience, namely non-gamers all the way up the scale to casual gamers
:roll:
, if they're hitting their mark, perhaps a good percentage of wii owners don't also own a ps2.

That would be interesting to find out, what percentage of Wii owners have other consoles in their home.

By the way, I thought I read that the SCIV premium editions are sold out everywhere. My local BBGR (who STILL didn't have my pre-order of FFIV... so I dropped that pre-order and finally picked up TWEWY) had two Premiums for the triple, and one for the RRoD. Does anyone need one? Think he said they're $80.

Hmm, TNA Impact is getting solid previews. I might have to pick that one up. Grapple system like No Mercy? 60 frames animations? Samoa Joe?!?

[quote name='guinaevere']By the way, I thought I read that the SCIV premium editions are sold out everywhere.[/quote]

Uh oh, I just looked around me and only find the PS3 one at two stores around me and the 360 one on amazon. As far as I remember, it's $80 everywhere except bestbuy where it's $70. I may need to get a 360 one soon, already got the PS3 one.

My hastings has them, if anyone needs one.

I just played Halo 3 for the first time in months. It's even more terrible than I remembered.

[quote name='distgfx']Uh oh, I just looked around me and only find the PS3 one at two stores around me and the 360 one on amazon. As far as I remember, it's $80 everywhere except bestbuy where it's $70. I may need to get a 360 one soon, already got the PS3 one.[/quote]Cool. In that case the offer is off. Y'all can find your own games. :lol:

played Disgaea today... all grinding.

I got to the final stage on monday but my level is too low and all my doods die in 2 hits...

yesterday played a lot of Fatal Frame... beat 3 hours/chapters... donno if I'll play any tonite...

Read my most recent blog post for my opinions on Ninja Gaiden 2, but I basically think it's a far inferior game to the original. Here's hoping we get a revised PS3 port/360 enhanced edition. The last few chapters are just fucking awful in NG2. And I pretty much only enjoyed one boss fight early in the game.

[quote name='zewone']But, if you have the choice of either (which everyone should, who doesn't have access to a PS2?), the best version is the PS2 version.[/quote]I don't disagree, I just got the Wii version since I like to consolidate my games to as few systems as possible assuming negligible differences. And the Logitech Cordless isn't different enough from the DualShock for me to like using it.

[quote name='jer7583']Read my most recent blog post for my opinions on Ninja Gaiden 2, but I basically think it's a far inferior game to the original. Here's hoping we get a revised PS3 port/360 enhanced edition. The last few chapters are just fucking awful in NG2. And I pretty much only enjoyed one boss fight early in the game.[/quote]

Say... out of curiosity, what difficulty level did you beat it on anyway?

EDIT: Nvm, checked your gamertag. Alrighty then, I respect your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done with ranked matches on SC4. Full of Kilik and Cervy scrubs doing the same moves over and over. No one is playing to have fun, or playing with any dignity.

[quote name='zewone']You prefer a Wiimote over a DS2?[/quote]Oh god yes. Worst controller since the N64.

Motion controls be damned, the split Wiimote/nunchuk is the most comfortable setup possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back