Resident Evil 4 - 1600 Points - Now available. Yes kids, you can pay with MS points!

[quote name='drktrpr1']UGH. You can't use MS points on Games on Demand, can you?[/QUOTE]

You can. Just press X to purchase it instead of A.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']RE4 will NOT be a Games on Demand game for 360, itl be an XBLA game.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='PenguinMaster']Common sense. All of the games on demand games are downloadable releases of previously released disc based games.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Shmitty']But...they won't be? I'm not sure why there's even a question about this. They won't be released through Games on Demand. No one needs a source to figure that out.[/QUOTE]

R.I.P. the following CAGs, who died of shame. Especially Shmitty.

[quote name='drktrpr1']UGH. You can't use MS points on Games on Demand, can you?[/QUOTE]

You can. Just press X to purchase it instead of A.

[quote name='KingBroly']Called it, Games on Demand:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/15th-anniversary-resident-evil/712536

So $20 minimum, probably $30 considering the publisher and distribution partner.[/QUOTE]
A lot of GoD older games (xbox originals) are max $15. I don't see why you'd think this would be $30, I mean that'd be pretty stupid of them.

I mean all these HD collections other retailers do are $40. I'm expecting somewhere near $10-$20, leaning closer to $10 or $15 though.

Because it's RE4 and people like myself would gladly pay $40 for this on 360/PS3. Capcom has to know they could easily charge that amount and get away with it.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']A lot of GoD older games (xbox originals) are max $15. I don't see why you'd think this would be $30, I mean that'd be pretty stupid of them.

I mean all these HD collections other retailers do are $40. I'm expecting somewhere near $10-$20, leaning closer to $10 or $15 though.[/QUOTE]

If straight up ports cost $15 dollars, why wouldn't you expect these to cost more? They are requiring more work by Capcom to bring them up to HD standards.

I expect $40.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']If straight up ports cost $15 dollars, why wouldn't you expect these to cost more? They are requiring more work by Capcom to bring them up to HD standards.

I expect $40.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing $30 each since they're 2 separate games.

i really loved RE 4

i'm at chapter 2 in re 5 and just not really feeling it tho. (ya for some reason been putting it off haha). i think it just feels to repetitive, there is less mystery and they cut out all the art and puzzle solving. i dont even cuss when i get to the dog areas anymore, in RE 4 i got really scared at that dog maze hehe. idk things do seem lik its picking up so maybe it'll get better! :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']i really loved RE 4

i'm at chapter 2 in re 5 and just not really feeling it tho. (ya for some reason been putting it off haha). i think it just feels to repetitive, there is less mystery and they cut out all the art and puzzle solving. i dont even cuss when i get to the dog areas anymore, in RE 4 i got really scared at that dog maze hehe. idk things do seem lik its picking up so maybe it'll get better! :)[/QUOTE]

I honestly wouldn't even recommend playing RE5 solo. AI Sheva is so stupid and it's infinitely more fun with a friend.

i couldnt get into RE5 that much. it felt less intense and had less action compared to RE4. plus having an AI partner requires you to pause and micromanage more often.

dont really care if RE4 is less scary, at least capcom chose a direction for the game and stuck to it in a good way.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']If straight up ports cost $15 dollars, why wouldn't you expect these to cost more? They are requiring more work by Capcom to bring them up to HD standards.

I expect $40.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's that difficult, it's just touching the game up.

Besides, Beyond Good & Evil was on Xbox classics I think for 1200 points. The game came out at 800 points; $10.

I see how some of you are discussing its release: will it be Games on Demand or Xbox Live Arcade?

My strong guess is: Xbox Live Arcade. Not because of pricing or the regional releasing. Games on Demand (and I'm 99.9% sure) have a physical release. Yes, this game had physical releases but not for Xbox 360.
An example I can give is Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. They both were re-released and sprung in XBLA.
Now, price? I'm guessing no more than $20. Probably $15 but not sure.

One more thing I want to share. This will be released in Sept. 8th in Japan but I'm very sure it'll hit the USA by the end of September. It'll hit Japan first, then Europe and then USA.

[quote name='fezlopez']I see how some of you are discussing its release: will it be Games on Demand or Xbox Live Arcade?

My strong guess is: Xbox Live Arcade. Not because of pricing or the regional releasing. Games on Demand (and I'm 99.9% sure) have a physical release. Yes, this game had physical releases but not for Xbox 360.
An example I can give is Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. They both were re-released and sprung in XBLA.
Now, price? I'm guessing no more than $20. Probably $15 but not sure.

One more thing I want to share. This will be released in Sept. 8th in Japan but I'm very sure it'll hit the USA by the end of September. It'll hit Japan first, then Europe and then USA.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm going with the 19.99 price point or 1600 MS Points.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I don't think it's that difficult, it's just touching the game up.

Besides, Beyond Good & Evil was on Xbox classics I think for 1200 points. The game came out at 800 points; $10.[/QUOTE]

Beyond Good and Evil was never on Xbox Classics.

I'm seeing a lot of people guessing the games being released in Japan will be two separate releases, and they're wrong. Both RE 4, and Code Veronica are being released as a compilation game in Japan. There's official box art floating all over the net for it. Note it on the following page link, which depicts both PS3 and 360 box art.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Biohazard:_Revival_Selection

I'll be importing it, as I own a japanese 360.

[quote name='aeroforce325']
I'll be importing it, as I own a japanese 360.[/QUOTE]

I have a Japanese 360 too. Maybe I'll import the Platinum Hits version some day if I'm hungering for extra Achievements. The US version should be fine in the meantime.

[quote name='eastx']I have a Japanese 360 too. Maybe I'll import the Platinum Hits version some day if I'm hungering for extra Achievements. The US version should be fine in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

If we get a localization. I've noticed that some regions get their own compilations, and lot of times they stay that way. For example the Serious Sam First and Second Encounters compilation released only over in Europe. Never had a TBA for Australia, or U.S. There's a few other examples, and needless to say you'd think multiple regions would get it, but only one ends up with it. I guess it'll be a waiting game to see what happens after Japan gets its release.

[quote name='eastx']I have a Japanese 360 too. Maybe I'll import the Platinum Hits version some day if I'm hungering for extra Achievements. The US version should be fine in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Official: I'm jealous.

[quote name='aeroforce325']If we get a localization. I've noticed that some regions get their own compilations, and lot of times they stay that way. For example the Serious Sam First and Second Encounters compilation released only over in Europe. Never had a TBA for Australia, or U.S. There's a few other examples, and needless to say you'd think multiple regions would get it, but only one ends up with it. I guess it'll be a waiting game to see what happens after Japan gets its release.[/QUOTE]

What did they do about achievements in the Serious Sam release? The two combined over here only had 400 total achievement points, did they give that release 1000? Wondering what they will do with RE4 as well.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What did they do about achievements in the Serious Sam release? The two combined over here only had 400 total achievement points, did they give that release 1000? Wondering what they will do with RE4 as well.[/QUOTE]

A quick check shows that they kept those achievement points, and no more. Basically just threw the xbla games on a disc as is. I'd imagine if RE 4, and Code Veronica release as xbla games that w/e achievement scores they have set in place for each will remain the same on a disc compilation also.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Beyond Good and Evil was never on Xbox Classics.[/QUOTE]
My point still stands about the pricing. It was an older game that got touched up in HD and was released at $10. I just don't see how it's reasonable for anyone to assume RE4 or CVX will cost anymore than $20, or even $15.

Knowing that two games will be released, they have to be priced less than $20 each. I mean, I couldn't imagine both at $30 a pop, hence $60. No way.

They have to be under $20.

Honestly...I'm more excited about Code Veronica only because I don't own 2 versions of it. And if I did get RE4 I'd get it on PS3 if it had Move support.

Eh. While I *loved* RE4 on the GC (and replayed on Wii)...I don't think I'm getting this at anything higher than $20. $10 would be my absolute buy price. And I have Code Veronica, but, never got into it. Will probably pass on that one, regardless of price.

will be buying both this, and code veronica.

i'm surprised that they are releasing RE4 first personally, but, i guess chronological order means little to these people...

it is odd that they mention retail versions of the games on gamespot, but i don't trust their information as far as i could throw a tank tbh

also, i thought operation raccoon city was a download title, just seen it listed on play.com for pre-order, so i guess not...

looks like i'll be playing a lot of RE this year, shame, i was supposed to be playing an EDF game, but it only has 15 levels, and isn't sounding as good as it first looked.....

I bought RE4 on Gamecube and Wii. I played the game for about an hour on each platform. I'll probably buy this version as well. Maybe achievements will finally get me to finish the game. :)

[quote name='Master Troll']One week to go, anyone as excited as I am to finally own this and not have to pull out the Gamecube/Wii to play it?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. I just wish the retail version was coming out here.

bread's done
Back