Resident Evil 4 - 1600 Points - Now available. Yes kids, you can pay with MS points!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']1000 achievement points or 200? I remember seeing it before but can't remember.[/QUOTE]

I link to the Achievements in the first post. It's 1,000.

[quote name='Trakan']This is the first game like this to come to XBLA, right? Meaning it's not Games on Demand and it's not XBLA. Maybe it will be XBLA, but I was hoping for 1000 achievement points.[/QUOTE]

Don't be sad, 1000 GS in this one

GoD games don't go on sale very often, if at all. But if you're not in a rush to play it again, it doesn't hurt to wait.

For sure, won't drop more than $10 on this. Are there any more features than were included in the RE4 Wii edition?

Edit: And only 12 Achievements for 1000? Seriously? This game is so long and varied that Capcom couldn't even come up with 20? Weak sauce.

Second Edit: I'm really worried about this game being really stale since Gears of War allows you to strafe (slowly) while zooming in...

It's still a masterpiece, though, so I'll give this a shot if it gets a sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']I can't believe how good the game looks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I played it early this morning. I was really stoked by how much better facial features looked by themselves in the game.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I can't use my microosoft pts to buy the game... Did you guys spend 20 or used your points?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. Just press whatever button switches it from dollars to points on the game's store page.

I'm wondering how many people will be playing this for the first time, I'd like to hear those impressions. I've passed on it before because I don't care for the Wii's controls and I didn't have a PS2 at the time of release. So this would be my first time playing, but with a handful of unplayed games is this really better than any of my backlog (Alan Wake, Batman: AA etc)?

RE4 was very innovative when it came out on the GC. It might not be as impressive now, as it was then, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played.

[quote name='zewone']RE4 was very innovative when it came out on the GC. It might not be as impressive now, as it was then, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

And I can appreciate that for its time it was something grand, but since I missed out on the innovation and now I'm just playing it as a game that exists will it still be that great game I've heard about or something like Final Fantasy VII which is better left in memory?

I imagine it will still be grand. It holds up very well in my opinion. But, that's hard for me to judge since I'm not in your shoes.

I'll wait til a sale with all the great games coming out this fall. But this is definitely on my list of games to get eventually.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm wondering how many people will be playing this for the first time, I'd like to hear those impressions. I've passed on it before because I don't care for the Wii's controls and I didn't have a PS2 at the time of release. So this would be my first time playing, but with a handful of unplayed games is this really better than any of my backlog (Alan Wake, Batman: AA etc)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZForce915']And I can appreciate that for its time it was something grand, but since I missed out on the innovation and now I'm just playing it as a game that exists will it still be that great game I've heard about or something like Final Fantasy VII which is better left in memory?[/QUOTE]

I most recently played through this game on the Wii about 2 years ago and it was still a fantastic experience even though the graphics aren't the best by today's standards. If you haven't played it I think $20 is a no-brainer price.

I used to own the Gamecube and Wii versions of this game. I played the GC version for about 90 minutes and the Wii version for 30-40. I kinda feel like this might be my opportunity to finally play and complete this game. I just don't feel like spending $20 on it.

I need to look at the achievements. People are saying the achievements are lame. Is it because they are hard to get or because there are only 12? If you get the 12 achievements just for playing through the game, I might just pick up the game tonight. :D

I'm with others that I'll wait to see if it goes on sale. I'd pick it up right now if it was $10. If they drop it to $15, I'll probably get it then too.

Code Veronica comes out next week. I've never played a second of that game.

Looking at the achievements, I'm gonna assume that they originally thought RE4 was gonna be a 200GP game, found out later in the development cycle that they could have 1000GP, and just boosted how much each achievement was worth.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Looking at the achievements, I'm gonna assume that they originally thought RE4 was gonna be a 200GP game, found out later in the development cycle that they could have 1000GP, and just boosted how much each achievement was worth.[/QUOTE]

This has to be right. There are 12 achievements which mostly suck for insane amounts of points. This is one instance where a creative list of 40 or 50 achievements would have definitely tempted me to buy it and I don't really normally care about achievements but I have played RE4 to death so another incentive would have been welcome.

Anyone know for sure that this one isn't censored like the Japanese version was? I figured Capcom wouldn't be that lazy, but I just want to make sure before I drop 20 bones on this.

[quote name='drktrpr1']
Second Edit: I'm really worried about this game being really stale since Gears of War allows you to strafe (slowly) while zooming in...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kind of reluctant to pick it up to this very reason. Might be good in December or February when I wouldn't mind something different.

[quote name='Trakan']I can't believe how good the game looks.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear. I'll be playing later tonight.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah I'm kind of reluctant to pick it up to this very reason. Might be good in December or February when I wouldn't mind something different.[/QUOTE]

If you've never played it I highly recommend doing so. It's just so good and I don't think it will ever feel completely dated... I mean maybe it will in the same way OOT may feel slightly dated now but it doesn't mean the game isn't still awesome by today's standards.

Ive had it for both ps2 and gc and loved them both. Anyone know which extras this one has like ada's mission or the mercinaries?

[quote name='Javery']If you've never played it I highly recommend doing so. It's just so good and I don't think it will ever feel completely dated... I mean maybe it will in the same way OOT may feel slightly dated now but it doesn't mean the game isn't still awesome by today's standards.[/QUOTE]

I have played it, unfortunately I got the crappy PC port though.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I have played it, unfortunately I got the crappy PC port though.[/QUOTE]

That was actually really fun to play with when I used my 360 pad and did the high-resolution texture patch and was able to play in HD.

[quote name='Hoffer']I used to own the Gamecube and Wii versions of this game. I played the GC version for about 90 minutes and the Wii version for 30-40. I kinda feel like this might be my opportunity to finally play and complete this game. I just don't feel like spending $20 on it.

[/QUOTE]
For those that aren't aware and also have a PS3 with PS+, it's only $10 this week. As will Code Veronica be next week.

If this has already been mentioned I apologize.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I can't use my microosoft pts to buy the game... Did you guys spend 20 or used your points?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Yes you can. Just press whatever button switches it from dollars to points on the game's store page.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheRock88']WTF, I tried buying it this morning but it says you can only pay through a CC? fuck, I was hoping to use my MS points.[/QUOTE]

Try what eastx suggested.

Cool... I really need to try to get a gig like yours. Won't be buying this anytime soon since I have already purchased it on GC and Wii.

But did you actually play either of those versions, Matt?

Here's an Achievement Guide for the game. You have to beat the game twice (once on Normal and once on Professional), plus play the Separate Ways bonus mode, in order to get them all.

bread's done
Back