Resident Evil 4 - 1600 Points - Now available. Yes kids, you can pay with MS points!

I must be in the minority, I wish all achievements were more like this. I hate it when there are a ton of superfluous achievements like collecting a thousand coffee mugs that I'm never going to finish in my life. Or, even worse, you finish a game and only have six achievements.

[quote name='Survivalism']I must be in the minority, I wish all achievements were more like this. I hate it when there are a ton of superfluous achievements like collecting a thousand coffee mugs that I'm never going to finish in my life. Or, even worse, you finish a game and only have six achievements.[/QUOTE]

I think there can be a balance. I hate achievements where you have to collect useless stuff that has no purpose other than being a collectible or achievements where you have to kill a zillion people in multiplayer. I do like achievements that make you play the game in different or creative ways.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Part of me has zero desire to spend $20 on a game I've already beat into the ground. Another part of me cannot resist the urge to play this in HD...[/QUOTE]
its only up-scaled hd (NOT TRUE HD)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think there can be a balance. I hate achievements where you have to collect useless stuff that has no purpose other than being a collectible or achievements where you have to kill a zillion people in multiplayer. I do like achievements that make you play the game in different or creative ways.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the game, at least for me. Some games I'll go for the extra achievements. Some games I just want to finish the story and be done with it.

More importantly, my OCD side absolutely despises when I get one or two achievements in a game, and then I have to look at it in my history forever, piles of locked achievements for games I don't want to play. :bomb:

[quote name='praxus07']Wonder if this'll be getting the xbox halloween sale treatment. Would like to play it, bit not at 1600 points.[/QUOTE]

I definitely want this and Code Veronica... but $40 for both is a little too much for me... I hope they discount them in the future for $10 each. Then I will snap them up instantly.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yes, I have played both. Tempted to get this for $10 through PS+ if it has Move support.[/QUOTE]

I heard that PS+ people get it for $10. I have PS+, but I'm an Xbox 360 fanboy. :) I don't care about trophies, but love achievements. So, I'm definitely waiting for the 360 version to go on sale for $10 and pick it up then.

[quote name='eastx']How will you apply that towards RE4, pray tell?[/quote]

Buy a 1600 point code from Amazon, I would assume. I'm going to use my credit to get a $10 PSN card if I can confirm Move support on RE4 (and maybe even if I can't).

[quote name='Hoffer']I heard that PS+ people get it for $10. I have PS+, but I'm an Xbox 360 fanboy. :) I don't care about trophies, but love achievements. So, I'm definitely waiting for the 360 version to go on sale for $10 and pick it up then.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way, Hoffer. Had my Xbox 360 years before I got my PS3 and prefer Microsoft to Sony, achievements to trophies. But combined with the first 3 RE games being made available for free to PS+, I may as well complete the set of what's offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Oh! No idea why I didn't think of that.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, we all have blonde moments.

Credit just got applied to my account..... hells yeahhhhhhhhhh

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Saw the title and thought, why not pay for Live with MS points? 4800 points or $60 for a yearly subscription.[/QUOTE]

It so does not say that. :p

This isn't simply an "upscale" as some people in this thread and some reviewers have erroneously named it. They've changed the native resolution. It's not a 640x480 game stretched and upscaled. It also has true widescreen as opposed to the letterbox of old versions. All the in-game cutscenes (the majority) are at the higher resolution. It's just the prerendered cutscenes that suffer (since they are literally stretched video).

It doesn't look as good as some people remember because the higher picture clarity lets you see all the imperfections that SD + your old CRT covered up. The smoke and mirrors are gone, but RE4 is still a brilliantly looking game. Yes, they could've added anti-aliasing and 60fps. I bought it, and I'm glad I did. I had to pull myself away from it to start Gears 3 yesterday. When I get home today from work, it's going to be the first thing I boot up.

For some reason I can't load my saved game. It's on my hard drive, and I can get to it from my memory settings, but it doesn't find it in-game. Any ideas?

Only played about 1.25 hours, but so far this game is awesome. Played it back when it was released for the GC. So there are a lot of things I dont remember. Well worth the 20.00 i spent.

Going to have to concur with Wombat on the controls. Wow. I am really struggling remapping my brain. I at least didn't get killed by the first person, but boy was I slow taking him down. I am not ashamed to say that this was my favorite game on the Wii and in my opinion a perfect fit for this game. Going to be tough to finish this one like I did on the Wii. Guess I am not hardcore enough.

Waiting for a a deal but pumped to play this again. Lke others have said this was my favorite GC game and I poured so many hours into it.

I grabbed 1, 2 and 3 from PSN deal this week after I play through them i'll bite on 4. Perfect break up the action games all the new release titles.

I know this is a RE4 thread, but does anybody that bought Code Veronica get a loud horn sounding noise when the Capcom logo is being shown? It's so annoying, I don't see why they'd put that in there.

[quote name='lmz00']I know this is a RE4 thread, but does anybody that bought Code Veronica get a loud horn sounding noise when the Capcom logo is being shown? It's so annoying, I don't see why they'd put that in there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had the game before it was released on the xbl marketplace and noticed it at first and thought it was just me. Had to put my tv on mute until I got to the menu screen. Also, the controls for that game make the game harder to play. Oh well, at least we finally got ports of the games.

I know I can use the suit of armor for Ashley, but can I use one of Leon's Special Costumes without negating the Professional achievement? My google skills are failing me.

Also, do either of Leon's special costumes actually give him any kind of advantage?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I know I can use the suit of armor for Ashley, but can I use one of Leon's Special Costumes without negating the Professional achievement? My google skills are failing me.

Also, do either of Leon's special costumes actually give him any kind of advantage?[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that the RPD Costume for Leon actually acts as a Tac Vest (30% reduced damage), but I don't think I ever tested this myself. Leon's Gangter outfit coupled with the Chicago Typewriter gives him a full moon clip (aesthetic change only). You also get a special taunt with the Gangster outfit. Performing the taunt three times yields and even specialererer taunt.

Finally beat Resident Evil 4 for the first time a few days ago. My completion time was about ~26 hours, which was due to playing cautiously, trying to get all the treasure, and maxing out 4 weapons.

I also just beat Assignment Ada, which took 1.5 hours or so and was too tough and simple story-wise to be much fun.

Next I'm on to Separate Ways, which will get me the Achievement for unlocking all costumes, as well as unlocking the armor for Ashley. That will make Professional more doable, but I'm not looking forward to another 20 hours or so this soon after beating the game. Maybe I'll put it off for a while.

Haven't played this since the Cube days. Took a little while to get used to the controls and now I'm loving it again.

Thanks for reading it, Matt! The comma is optional and determines how much of a pause between though and the rest of the sentence. I don't think a pause would work well there so I left it out.

bread's done
Back