Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Best Buy LE (360/PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This is the Best Buy LE, not the SE that normally costs $70.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...1456&skuId=2737171&st=resident evil&lp=2&cp=1

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...2028&skuId=2737269&st=resident evil&lp=1&cp=1

*edit*
Apparently some people are still confused. Again, this is NOT the regular steelbook LE that looks like this:
NOT THIS VERSION
51%2B4k4WgYxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

NOT THIS VERSION

This is the version you're getting (which is the regular game but comes with 2 guns and a few costumes):
10187634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I'd bite if they had a 360 version in stock at mine, but all they have is PS3. I hate the PS3 for anything involving shooting so so much.

I was pretty excited to see this as the deal of the day. Not to mention the last time I ordered a deal of the day they gave me 100 reward points on top of the savings which is 40% of the points need for a $5 certificate! Plus they still gave me a point for every dollar!

[quote name='exceed19']I am a huge RE fan. That being said, the reviews and others have downed this game so far, I wont even try it.[/QUOTE]

I never trust reviews. Rent it if you have doubts.

I really wanted this during the Target clearance, but never found any...

But for this price it is pretty difficult to pass. This is close enough to my price point.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I watched video review and don't see the whole takes too many bullets to down a zombie complaint. Even though the guy mentions it it seems like it only took like a 2 second burst to kill a zombie.

Interesting... but when I check for stock almost everywhere is popping up as unavailable.

Anyone else noticing this in their area? I only question it because I've been to a few stores a couple days ago, and there were significant quantities on the shelves.

[quote name='VaultDweller']nah its a decent game, well worth the $30, you probably didnt like it cuz you played alone, this game is awesome when played with friends[/QUOTE]

yeh, that's what they all say, but that doesn't make it true.

[quote name='Psychonik']I watched video review and don't see the whole takes too many bullets to down a zombie complaint. Even though the guy mentions it it seems like it only took like a 2 second burst to kill a zombie.[/QUOTE]

I read that too, but I think it's something entirely different. I noticed quite a bit at close range and sometimes at a distance, bullets seem to go right through enemies (which is why I think some reviewers were claiming enemies had no animation when getting shot). I mainly use a sniper rifle, even at close range, and it usually takes 1/sometimes 2 shots to kill a zombie. When your shots connect, you def see an animation. I think the "hit boxes" are just off.

Another example I have of this is when I'd try to shoot an enemy hiding behind a car. Sometimes they'd be standing up with a clear view of about mid-chest up. I'd have my sniper rifle zoomed in on their head and when I take the shot, my bullet will somehow hit the top of the car that is clearly well below their head. To me this is the one frustrating thing about the game.

I personally don't think the game is that bad, but I will admit that this is my first RE game, so maybe my opinion just doesn't count as much since I can't compare it to past titles. If they fixed what I mentioned above, it will make the game wayy better, especially for me since I favor sniper rifles. The MP is very fun though, and I'm not into MP much for shooters. I tend to get bored really fast.

meh i guess dropping $30 for a bad game released last month isnt so bad, if anything i already have my amazon trade in submitted just in case this game is unbearable

I'm not sure why all the confusion...

Can people not understand the difference between Best Buy (Exclusive) Limited Edition and Special Edition?

One is the standard edition with DLC Exclusive to Best Buy and the other is the Special Edition with the steelbook.

This is not the same version Target had on clearance

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not sure why all the confusion...

Can people not understand the difference between Best Buy (Exclusive) Limited Edition and Special Edition?

One is the standard edition with DLC Exclusive to Best Buy and the other is the Special Edition with the steelbook.

This is not the same version Target had on clearance[/QUOTE]
uh i wasn't even aware that bestbuy even had their own limited edition but it's pretty easy to discern the two since anyone who clicked on the links would be lead to the standard edition of the game which is regularly priced at $59.99 not $69.99 as i think was stated in the OP, perhaps the title needs to be changed or should clarify that it is not the special edition

Great find!
I thought the game was fun. It wasn't as good as I was hoping, but it wasn't unplayable.

Some problems with it:
Human enemies take WAY too long to kill.
AI Partners aren't always helpful
Some of the story elements really are WTF

Other than that, it's not a bad experience in co-op and multiplayer is fun.

[quote name='exaznkid']uh i wasn't even aware that bestbuy even had their own limited edition but it's pretty easy to discern the two since anyone who clicked on the links would be lead to the standard edition of the game which is regularly priced at $59.99 not $69.99 as i think was stated in the OP, perhaps the title needs to be changed or should clarify that it is not the special edition[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy Limited Edition is just the same as the normal game, only with an annoying badge printed on the front of the case showing that you bought it from Best Buy, two weapons, and a full set of alternate costume palettes.

If you bought the $69.99 Special Edition, it would come with the costumes, every retailer exclusive weapon, and some extra features.

I can understand the confusion between calling a game a Special Edition vs Limited Edition.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not sure why all the confusion...

This is not the same version Target had on clearance[/QUOTE]

A lot of CAGs are poor at reading. The countless questions that are anwered alreadh in the OP just come to mind.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Avoid. I wouldn't even pay for it with a bag of vomit.[/QUOTE]
Most CAGs will buy anything that's cheap, even horrid casual tripe like this.

[quote name='exaznkid']uh i wasn't even aware that bestbuy even had their own limited edition but it's pretty easy to discern the two since anyone who clicked on the links would be lead to the standard edition of the game which is regularly priced at $59.99 not $69.99 as i think was stated in the OP, perhaps the title needs to be changed or should clarify that it is not the special edition[/QUOTE]

People are just dumb. I even stated in the OP that this isnt the LE that was normally for $70, gave a link to the PS3 and 360 versions so they can check it out for them self, and the title even said "Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City BB LE". Guess I'll just edit the original post with purty little pics so it's idiot proof.

Paid full price for this... At GameStop... Fortunately, I used the trade credit from a couple of Batman flips from that Best Buy deal last month. Traded it back in after a few days and still made out with more than I paid in cash for the Batman's, thankfully.

[quote name='TheRock88']People are just dumb. I even stated in the OP that this isnt the LE that was normally for $70, gave a link to the PS3 and 360 versions so they can check it out for them self, and the title even said "Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City BB LE". Guess I'll just edit the original post with purty little pics so it's idiot proof.[/QUOTE]

Lol

I know you made the OP idiot proof, but people will see the title then see the special edition and jump to conclusion. You should add a big, bold "NOT THIS VERSION" in front of the picture.

I lucked out, when I went to Bestbuy they had my order not in the front and they didn't know where it was, I told the sales associate that it was the limited edition and she brought up a special edition and they gave me that one. Finally I luck out with Bestbuy.

[quote name='prettycrazy']The BB LE "logo". Is it a sticker on the case or imbedded in the case art?[/QUOTE]

Embedded.

It might be a different UPC too, I don't know for sure.

[quote name='Scorch']I know you made the OP idiot proof, but people will see the title then see the special edition and jump to conclusion. You should add a big, bold "NOT THIS VERSION" in front of the picture.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't help. The people who can't read on CAG will just see the purty picture and assume it's the special edition.

Are these exclusive "weapons" already available as DLC on the store, or is this one of those things that remains exclusive?

i think just taking out the LE in the title would clear up a bit of confusion, and just mentioning in the OP that it has some extras

[quote name='Byakurai']Embedded.

It might be a different UPC too, I don't know for sure.[/QUOTE]
I think I'll pass on this then. That sucks hardcore. I hate when they ruin games with that crap =|.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']WoW $30 already :eek:
And i was just in bestbuy early today :cry:. Does the sale last until Saturday?[/QUOTE]

It's a Deal of the Day, so nope.

[quote name='TheRock88']People are just dumb. I even stated in the OP that this isnt the LE that was normally for $70, gave a link to the PS3 and 360 versions so they can check it out for them self, and the title even said "Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City BB LE". Guess I'll just edit the original post with purty little pics so it's idiot proof.[/QUOTE]

Still wont be sufficient.

Good deal though thanks OP.

This question has probably already been asked 10 times. Are BB deals of the day online only? Can I walk over to a BB store and pick up a copy at that price?

[quote name='barrit']It's a Deal of the Day, so nope.[/QUOTE]

Damn, really wish I could of use the $20 E-giftcard when purchasing ME3. But BB screw there promotion up & even now after a month. Am still waiting to receive it.

Thanks OP for posting this thread. I already told a few friends about this deal.

[quote name='Byakurai']
If you bought the $69.99 Special Edition, it would come with the costumes, every retailer exclusive weapon, and some extra features.
[/QUOTE]

thanks for this. i was thinking about double dipping to get just the bestbuy weapons.

[quote name='exaznkid']i think just taking out the LE in the title would clear up a bit of confusion, and just mentioning in the OP that it has some extras[/QUOTE]

i say change the title to say "best buy exclusive version". when people think of LE, they think limited or collectors edition. i got excited for nothing.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Damn, really wish I could of use the $20 E-giftcard when purchasing ME3. But BB screw there promotion up & even now after a month. Am still waiting to receive it.

Thanks OP for posting this thread. I already told a few friends about this deal.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for mine as well. I posted on their forums and followed the instructions to PM the info to Promos-BBY. Still no word though. If you haven't done that yet, then you should in case it speeds things up http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...t-3-Pre-order-Gift-Card-Questions/td-p/499383

I guess I'm in. Going to get my brother on this too. We were going to buy them later on and try to get a deal like this anyway, so it works out.

[quote name='frpilot']i say change the title to say "best buy exclusive version". when people think of LE, they think limited or collectors edition. i got excited for nothing.[/QUOTE]

steelbook edition = special edition.
best buy version w/ extra weapons = limited edition.

YOU were the one that thought incorrectly.

bread's done
Back