Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Best Buy LE (360/PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This is the Best Buy LE, not the SE that normally costs $70.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...1456&skuId=2737171&st=resident evil&lp=2&cp=1

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...2028&skuId=2737269&st=resident evil&lp=1&cp=1

*edit*
Apparently some people are still confused. Again, this is NOT the regular steelbook LE that looks like this:
NOT THIS VERSION
51%2B4k4WgYxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

NOT THIS VERSION

This is the version you're getting (which is the regular game but comes with 2 guns and a few costumes):
10187634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of a game I sold on eBay. It was the Limited Edition of the most recent Medal of Honor game. The buyer complained that it was Limited and I didn't mention that in my sale. That he wanted his money back. I had to explain to him that Limited didn't mean the gameplay was limited. That it meant there was supposed to be a limited number of copies of the game. That this LE actually had more extras included versus the regular version.

Thanks OP.
Very tempted but this is just another beta from Ca$hcom :booty:
Me and two other friends have agreed in waiting for the inevitable "RE: RC Gold Edition" (with all the DLC, costumes and weapons on disc), so we can beat story mode as a team, I have heard that that's the best way to play it.
There's already 2 story mode DLC´s in the PS3 Store available (one for free and the other one for $9.99), hope they continue expanding the story mode with DLC's.

[quote name='golgilak']I lucked out, when I went to Bestbuy they had my order not in the front and they didn't know where it was, I told the sales associate that it was the limited edition and she brought up a special edition and they gave me that one. Finally I luck out with Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

That isn't luck. I hope everything's cool for that woman.

@barrit
I did that last week & still nada.

[quote name='FerDK']There's already 2 story mode DLC´s in the PS3 Store available (one for free and the other one for $9.99), hope they continue expanding the story mode with DLC's.[/QUOTE]

WHAT you're serious!!

[quote name='Scorch']steelbook edition = special edition.
best buy version w/ extra weapons = limited edition.

YOU were the one that thought incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

i'm not the only one who thought incorrectly based on the title according to other posts in this thread.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']@barrit
I did that last week & still nada.

WHAT you're serious!![/QUOTE]

LOL...
Capcom modus operandi.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']That isn't luck. I hope everything's cool for that woman.[/QUOTE]

Everything is cool for her. No one will notice until inventory is taken. Still sucks for Best Buy though.

[quote name='advanced']It's a few missions, not just one, if I remember what I read on the XBL Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

The Free DLC is: "SpecOps 1st. mission: "Eye of the storm"

The 9.99 DLC is: "Echo Six 3 Episode Expansion Pack"

[quote name='advanced']It's a few missions, not just one, if I remember what I read on the XBL Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

That's right, here is the info from the PSN US Blog:

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City – Free Echo Six Prologue Mission (free)
FREE additional campaign mission. Play as the elite US government Spec Ops. The government has been alerted to horrific events in Raccoon City and has dispatched the elite Echo Six Spec Ops squad to uncover the truth and protect what’s left of the civilian population. Fight against Umbrella’s deadly USS team, battle the Nemesis and encounter Jill for the first time in Raccoon City.
File size 244 MB

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City – Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 ($9.99)
3 tough new Spec Ops missions. Spec Ops continue to hunt for evidence that proves Umbrella’s guilt in the outbreak. The missions take you across the city. First to City Hall and deadly USS sniper squads; then to Umbrella’s secret underground facility and a brutal encounter with the Nemesis; finally through the city sewers and a desperate rescue mission and battle with G-Birkin.
File size 983 MB

And I bet they will keep adding more missions.

[quote name='FerDK']
And I bet they will keep adding more missions.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't doubt it. gives me more incentive to beat my copy, trade it in, and pick up the gold edition in a year.

Hmm, I was thinking about picking this sucker up at launch, but not after reading the reviews... It might not be the special edition I wanted to order, but for half price I can't complain too much I guess... Might pick this up later tonight, thanks OP!

It was revealed on the Capcom boards that a patch is coming. No metntion as to what it is addressing but God I hope it fixes the multiplayer connection issues.

[quote name='barrit']I read that too, but I think it's something entirely different. I noticed quite a bit at close range and sometimes at a distance, bullets seem to go right through enemies (which is why I think some reviewers were claiming enemies had no animation when getting shot). I mainly use a sniper rifle, even at close range, and it usually takes 1/sometimes 2 shots to kill a zombie. When your shots connect, you def see an animation. I think the "hit boxes" are just off.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you're doing I think. One thing that made me want to throw my controller at a wall was killing Leon. Not that killing him was hard, but on Vet I had one of my former partners down and 39 shots with the Riotgun did not kill them. While you might claim this, they were clearly making the animation, which made it all the more annoying.

[quote name='golgilak']I lucked out, when I went to Bestbuy they had my order not in the front and they didn't know where it was, I told the sales associate that it was the limited edition and she brought up a special edition and they gave me that one. Finally I luck out with Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

Totally off-topic, but I think you just failed a character test. In life there's always those chances everyone is given to say, oh wrong game or you gave me a $10 bill instead of a $5 that proves who you are as a person and will be in the future. Maybe some food for thought next time to speak up and do what's right.

I think bestbuy is gonna be just fine, as for character, everyone wants to get lucky once in awhile. This would normally be posted YMMV, so you can have your character. I'll take the game.

I think ijustw1n isn't saying that it'll affect Best Buy in the least, but rather just how it reflects on you.

But hey, finders keepers and all that.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Totally off-topic, but I think you just failed a character test. In life there's always those chances everyone is given to say, oh wrong game or you gave me a $10 bill instead of a $5 that proves who you are as a person and will be in the future. Maybe some food for thought next time to speak up and do what's right.[/QUOTE]
wait what? i dont even... minor setback for bestbuy, awesomeness for this CAG, i'd be jelly if this was a special edition of a game that was actually good

I had a similar test of character at BB. I placed 2 of the same order and was only charged for one. I told the employee and he printed out another receipt for me to sign. He didn't thank me or anything for pointing out his mistake.

2 months later I go to return a DVD with an expired receipt (by one day). He refuses to return or even give store credit for the DVD and says to me "How do I know you didn't steal this?"

Ordered at 8:00am. Got an email later on today saying it's backordered. Hopefully it still get's shipped out. This happened with the God Father Coppolla Restoration Collection on Blu-Ray when it was on sale for $25.00 during a gold box deal of the day.

To the guy that took the special edition good for you. I ordered Clash of the Titans 3D with the lenticular cover and digital copy and got the bare bones 3D version when I picked it up in store. Gee thanks Best Buy had to return it and like target they don't do exchanges and then the price got jacked up. Why is it that the consumer is usually more knowledgeable than the employees when it comes to these electronic stores it really bugs me. I'm getting interviewed for a position in my local Wal-Mart's electronics department! Finally I can remedy some of this.

huh funny they don't have it listed as backordered rather it says leaves warehouse in one day lol. Must be trying to sell as many of these as possible.

[quote name='exaznkid']just picked up a copy and the bestbuy embedded on the coverart sticks out like a sore thumb, it's kinda amusing actually[/QUOTE]

I don't know why they do that. To me it just ruins the cover. But I guess they like the branding.

its because generally employees only care about store policies, promotions, etc when they are at work and on the clock. basically they only know what they've been told or directed to read, particularly because they are being paid to do so. as consumers, it is our own personal money at stake so we are willing to put in the extra effort in finding deals, studying up on store/company policies, etc, essentially finding any means possible to make sure we get the absolute most out of every dollar spent; because it's OUR money.
think of it this way, (assuming you don't work in/with games and/or electronics) when you clock out and go home from work, do you still think about work stuff or do you separate your work time from personal/off time?
most of us would agree that once off the clock, we don't worry about things that should be done at work...but as cags, we are essentially on the clock 24-7 because we are consistently trying to find ways to save money on games. for an employee, the mentality comes down to not putting in the extra effort unless they are getting paid for it; why work for free?
not trying to defend them nor am i attacking your opinion (as i agree to an extent). this is just my rationalization for why employees don't know as much about the stuff as we do.

[quote name='Psychonik'] Why is it that the consumer is usually more knowledgeable than the employees when it comes to these electronic stores it really bugs me. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='JoshTX']Are these exclusive "weapons" already available as DLC on the store, or is this one of those things that remains exclusive?[/QUOTE]

This was a weird case. A few days before release, the weapons packs from all retailers went up on the XBL Marketplace for purchase, along with the Weapons Stash DLC which included all the bonus weapons in the Collector's Edition. The weapons stash dlc pack was 640 ms points.

After about 2 weeks of the game being released, all the weapons packs dlc were removed. Only the costumes and nemesis mode remained. It seems like capcom accidentally put weapons packs up, and then took them down to keep the exclusivity for a while.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't know why they do that. To me it just ruins the cover. But I guess they like the branding.[/QUOTE]

it's not only bestbuy who does it. all the retailers do. for example, splinter cell convinction target exclusive and i forget which games exactly but i know i saw some games at gamestop with walmart exclusive on the coverart. i think call of juarez the cartel has the 2 gun bestbuy exclusive on the art as well. just dance 3 has either rihanna target exclusive art or katy perry bestbuy exclusive songs.

I placed an order to pick up at my store after work. Got my confirmation to pick it up 10 minutes after. I know the game is crap, but what the hell?

[quote name='frpilot']it's not only bestbuy who does it. all the retailers do. for example, splinter cell convinction target exclusive and i forget which games exactly but i know i saw some games at gamestop with walmart exclusive on the coverart. i think call of juarez the cartel has the 2 gun bestbuy exclusive on the art as well. just dance 3 has either rihanna target exclusive art or katy perry bestbuy exclusive songs.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it doesn't matter to me what retailer does it, they all suck for doing it.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, it doesn't matter to me what retailer does it, they all suck for doing it.[/QUOTE]

This. I got left for dead 2 at best buy, and it had an ugly 48 hour gold trial ad right on the cover art. Stickers on the wrapping I don't mind, but on the actual cover art it just looks ugly.

I love RE but this game is rubbish. Plain horrible 5 hour shooter only saving grace is a couple flash backs to old RE games. You seriously can just run past a lot of the combat to to move along. Aka skip the same 5 types of armed enemies in the whole game.

Redbox it, finish in 5 hours on normal and return. This will get ALOT cheaper...

[quote name='krashhole']The $2 Redbox rental was my price point.[/QUOTE]

Well if I buy it and trade it in it'll essentially be a .40 rental which is made up for the RZ points I get from trade-ins.

I mean the only downer is that I have to pre-order games but I was planning on it anyways. With this rate of price cut on new games I should be able to PM it's inevitable sale on my pre-ordered game and get to claim the nifty pre-order bonuses.:lol:

Wouldve gone through for the Steelbook version, but the I dont even think id pay anything for the reg. version (ok, maybe $5-$10)

Guessing this might be in line for a BB coupon this summer. Big hyped release that sux, so therefore many copies laying around. Would be a way for them to clear the inventory.

This game doesn't even seem worth it from the reviews. The only way to get the 60% trade in (assuming I finish this game before sunday) would be to pre-order another game. I've already pre-ordered AC3, Borderlands 2, and Max Payne 3. What else is there? Diablo 3?

To give you an idea of what you're getting or what it plays like, it's more or less Army of Two (but, you know, with four people) in the Resident Evil universe.

[quote name='Namerson']This game doesn't even seem worth it from the reviews. The only way to get the 60% trade in (assuming I finish this game before sunday) would be to pre-order another game. I've already pre-ordered AC3, Borderlands 2, and Max Payne 3. What else is there? Diablo 3?[/QUOTE]
Ghost Recon, Prototype 2, Spec Ops, Darksiders II, Far Cry 3, Epic Mickey 2, Medal of Honor, Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Aliens:CM, South park (RPG), Hitman Absolution, Metro:Last light. There are a few ideas for you.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Guessing this might be in line for a BB coupon this summer. Big hyped release that sux, so therefore many copies laying around. Would be a way for them to clear the inventory.[/QUOTE]2nd best selling game in March(500,000) with all the negative press I've been in BB & there's no overstock of these in my areas. There won't be a need to firesale these it'll become a GH's by years end as usual the franchise itself is strong & the ads worked for getting pre-orders it just won't have legs to get to 3-5 million sales.

You may see an @gamer coupon but just not the $15-$20 price after stacking with a sale.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...e-the-best-selling-games-of-march-in-the-u-s/

[quote name='Enuf']You may see an @gamer coupon but just not the $15-$20 price after stacking with a sale.[/QUOTE]

If Arkham City was $10 and Mass Effect 2 was $5, I'm pretty sure this will hit at least $10, if not $5.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ghost Recon, Prototype 2, Spec Ops, Darksiders II, Far Cry 3, Epic Mickey 2, Medal of Honor, Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Aliens:CM, South park (RPG), Hitman Absolution, Metro:Last light. There are a few ideas for you.[/QUOTE]

Does the deal really work with any pre-order? I would love to pre-order Halo 4 but isn't there a list?

50% Bonus Trade-In Credit
when you pre-order Max Payne 3, Prototype 2, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Diablo III, Darksiders II or Borderlands 2.
In store only.

[quote name='Namerson']Does the deal really work with any pre-order? I would love to pre-order Halo 4 but isn't there a list?

50% Bonus Trade-In Credit
when you pre-order Max Payne 3, Prototype 2, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Diablo III, Darksiders II or Borderlands 2.
In store only.[/QUOTE]
Oh I dont know. I was just giving a list of future releases.

bread's done
Back