Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Best Buy LE (360/PS3) $29.99 @ Best Buy

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This is the Best Buy LE, not the SE that normally costs $70.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...1456&skuId=2737171&st=resident evil&lp=2&cp=1

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...2028&skuId=2737269&st=resident evil&lp=1&cp=1

*edit*
Apparently some people are still confused. Again, this is NOT the regular steelbook LE that looks like this:
NOT THIS VERSION
51%2B4k4WgYxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

NOT THIS VERSION

This is the version you're getting (which is the regular game but comes with 2 guns and a few costumes):
10187634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this game is getting nailed to the wall by you guys. I've grown up with RE, and I think the game is a good multiplayer co-op run 'n gun. I didn't expect anything less from the makers of Socom Confrontation.

What the hell were you all expecting?!?

[quote name='BiggNick']What the hell were you all expecting?!?[/QUOTE]
Fun shooting gameplay.

Just about every other co-op shooter can manage the fundamentals better.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Fun shooting gameplay.

Just about every other co-op shooter can manage the fundamentals better.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, I'm 30 and thought it was fun, might be b/c of my friends playing too though. Brought back having 3 PS3's and 3 TV's in my house going at once. Aiming was a bit off and camera was annoying (most 3rd perspectives are) but it's definitely manageable. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but I got a LE Steelbook for $35 at Target, and felt it was fair. It's a $30 game new at best. I've played much, much worse. It's no Azurik: Rise of Perathia.

Again, I'll repeat. From the makers of Socom Confrontation...everyone knew this from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah i grabbed it today. been wanting to play it. been on a big RE kick lately.mostly cause the awesome RE6 trailer there putting out. add me up if your playing ORC on PS3
PS3 id-rlreed69

So basically this game sold pretty well in It's first week, then reviews slowed sales down along with the word of mouth.

Will probably be $20 next month.

Sweet I had my steelbook pre-ordered a while back on amazon and my boyfriend never ordered his copy but now I can buy my boyfriend a copy so we can play it together! Thanks for sharing :)

[quote name='wugenius']This was a weird case. A few days before release, the weapons packs from all retailers went up on the XBL Marketplace for purchase, along with the Weapons Stash DLC which included all the bonus weapons in the Collector's Edition. The weapons stash dlc pack was 640 ms points.

After about 2 weeks of the game being released, all the weapons packs dlc were removed. Only the costumes and nemesis mode remained. It seems like capcom accidentally put weapons packs up, and then took them down to keep the exclusivity for a while.[/QUOTE]

That is rather interesting. They probably put them up for sale and then were reminded that the retailers were given a 2 or 3 month timed exclusivity window. I imagine we will see the weapon pack go back on the marketplace in another month.

ok picked up two copies of this game. my grrl and i are gonna start it up tonite. iv read the AI is dumb as bricks. any couple or 2 randoms wanna join us up? id invite dwarfman but i dont want a pro to be blasting through making us look like chumps, lol, looking for amateurs here ;)

[quote name='Velo214']ok picked up two copies of this game. my grrl and i are gonna start it up tonite. iv read the AI is dumb as bricks. any couple or 2 randoms wanna join us up? id invite dwarfman but i dont want a pro to be blasting through making us look like chumps, lol, looking for amateurs here ;)[/QUOTE]

I play nice...have a headset and everything. Add me and let's do it! Worst thing is you can find out I'm a douche and delete me from your profile.

Love RE. Couldnt resist with the added dlc for $30. This is a new release and its already half off (at GS, with tax, its almost $60 still probably). Seems like a no-brainer to me. *ordered* :D

Love Resident evil and regardless of the reviews I really at least want to rent it. $30 with a $31 trade in to amazon is hard to pass up. I figured I'll probably beat it in 2 days.

[quote name='Velo214']ok picked up two copies of this game. my grrl and i are gonna start it up tonite. iv read the AI is dumb as bricks. any couple or 2 randoms wanna join us up? id invite dwarfman but i dont want a pro to be blasting through making us look like chumps, lol, looking for amateurs here ;)[/QUOTE]

If you had it for the 360 =/ sigh

[quote name='KMunley']Love Resident evil and regardless of the reviews I really at least want to rent it. $30 with a $31 trade in to amazon is hard to pass up. I figured I'll probably beat it in 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned, in this thread, the DLC is going for around $20 on eBay. So, don't forget to remove that before trading it in!

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=Resident%20Evil%20Operation%20Raccoon%20City%20dlc&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Ooo... More like $20+!

I just picked it up for both PS3/360...now it's a debate whether to start on 360 or PS3?

Edit: The sad thing is, I can't make myself open either right now because I just want to go play ME3 or Witcher 2 right now X_x

[quote name='ZerotypeX']The ones that are selling for around $20 is from the SE (steel case) not the best buy one. That one selling around $10[/QUOTE]

Ahh.. Ok. $10 extra for whoever's gonna play-n-trade!

Xbox360 or PSN?
add me up on PSN if your on that one rlreed69
i'm an amateur also. and yes the AI is full retard

i wish amazon would price match this... might bite for $30...

Fellow CAG said he snagged a copy from Target for me when the S.E. was on sale but he's AWOL for the last couple of weeks.

[quote name='confoosious']big ass BEST BUY logo on the front means probably no go.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am thinking too. I would cut it out, but I don't think it would be in good condition any more.

I just picked it up today. Couldn't get through the first level of single player. I knew the game was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad. I really just wanted to try heroes mode.

[quote name='FerDK']And I bet they will keep adding more missions.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the Spec Ops missions are supposed to be another 7 mission campaign. So there's the free DLC mission, the 3 mission DLC pack that came out this week for $9.99, and one more 3 mission DLC pack on the way (presumably also $9.99). Really should have been included on the disc instead of being sold as a $20 extra...you know, given the length of the USS campaign and the retail price...but I guess that's the current gen of gaming for you...release half a game at full price and then milk players for more money to get the rest as DLC. :roll:

There's also supposed to be a 4 map multiplayer pack finished and coming out at some point. Not sure how much that will cost.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I'm interested in doing the play and trade it in with Amazon. Do you think Amazon will accept it since it doesn't pull up the game by UPC?[/QUOTE]

I've traded in JD3 from BB (katy perry tracks were on there as a BB exclusive) to Amazon without any problems...

I beat the game on professional with four other friends. I think this game is a blast with some team mates with mics. I'd recommend everyone go into quick play first and find some people like I did. After you meet a few people, ask them if they will start over with you and go from there. Professional will take a bit longer so you need teammates that get use to dieing... a lot lol. I was even playing as the medic with maxed out abilities. Only thing I don't like, enemy soldiers are bullet spunges. I can walk right up next to him and shot him in the face with a shotgun, doesn't die, just falls over. Takes a full clip to kill him... with a shotgun at 5 inches away lol.

I've been hearing a lot about how much of a disappointment this game was...not surprised it's down to $30 already. But seriously, shame on you people for paying full price...NEVER pay full price for a game, EVER! The turn around on prices is so quick these days. Just be patient.

Played this game with friends for couple of days online and it gets boring as hell, I say it's not worth $30 at all... This game is going to drop to $20 soon, so when it does that's when you should pick it up!

I understand why people get frustrated at this game, as it is FILLED with bugs...

Sometimes it is hard to tell whether something is a bug or actually doing what it was programmed to do.. Perfect example is when my friend and I played through the campaign on professional we came across the Nemesis who just wouldn't die.. We didn't think anything of it as normal AI eat bullets on professional, but we literally fought the Nemesis for an hour without anything happening... So eventually I googled if there was something special we were supposed to do, turns out that after a few minutes of battling the nemesis a cutscenes is supposed to interrupt us... So we restarted at the checkpoint and in our next encounter the Nemesis refused to even shoot at us... It was actually quite entertaining seeing him casually walk around and ignore us.

But the bugs aside, this is one of those games I absolutely had a blast playing with friends... I do believe the campaign was a tad too short, as it only took five hours or less for me to finish the campaign with only one other person throughout the professional campaign. I am sure if you had a full crew on professional it would be an even quicker play through... I also agree that it is a shame that they are charging so much for the new DLC, especially when all the junk I got in the Special Edition isn't really that great... But I guess I can't really complain in that aspect as I only paid $34 bucks for the SE... If I hadn't bought the SE for that price, I would have probably waited for the GOTY edition at a decent price, lol.

On a different note, if anyone has already bought it or will get it in the near future, feel free to look me up on XBL. Oh but before I forget, I do have to warn you that my friends enjoy killing each other in campaign mode in the mist of a zombie battle.

[quote name='Velo214']oh wow, thought this was a week sale. glad i grabbed it yesterday while i was out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish someone would have mentioned it was a deal of the day. Would have ordered last night for store pick up.

[quote name='Psychonik']I was pretty excited to see this as the deal of the day. Not to mention the last time I ordered a deal of the day they gave me 100 reward points on top of the savings which is 40% of the points need for a $5 certificate! Plus they still gave me a point for every dollar![/QUOTE]

Someone technically did (page 3), it was the main reason why I jumped on it.
If it had been a week deal TIV would have plummet and I probably wouldn't have bothered considering all the bugs.

Although OP could have edited their first post for clarification. They got caught up in the whole SE/LE mix up though.

I'm glad I bit on this deal yesterday! However, I can't say the experience at Best Buy was great. I did a store pick-up, got the game on my way back from work and and then found out that the case had a cut right across the spine. I'm just one of those that expect the packaging to be largerly undamaged from things like a person not using the boxcutter correctly during stocking, especially when I'm buying brand new product. I went back to exchange it, and they found out all the copies in stock were slashed. Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for an undamaged copy at another BB closer to where I live.

Way too much effort for a game with so-so reviews. I'm still happy I held off on buying it on release.

I know I mentioned it being a Deal of the Day on page 5 as well, but no one really looks through all the pages, esp if they are on a phone.

I have this on PSN if anyone is looking for co-op players. If you add me, please be sure to mention you are from CAG. PSN: xBarritx

bread's done
Back