Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City $14.99 @ Bestbuy

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The SE HAS NOT YET BEEN COMFIRMED TO BE ON SALE
I linked both ahead of time to give people a chance to check stock etc since there MSRP is the same there's a chance that they want to rid stock.

This works with the $10 savings code deal so you're end result will be $15 + $10 credit

Confirmed weekly ad deal June 10th was the last $18 DOTD for this so silver members pm away

:ps3: LE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resident+Evil%3A+Operation+Raccoon+City+Best+Buy+Limited+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/2737269.p?id=1218348122028&skuId=2737269&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=2&cp=1

:ps3: SE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen....p?id=1218444160596&skuId=3967334&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=7&cp=1

:360: LE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen....p?id=1218348121456&skuId=2737171&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=3&cp=1

:360: SE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen....p?id=1218444160113&skuId=3967361&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=5&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MR_E']Didn't three college film students in Maryland go missing in the woods looking for her at one point?[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I love that movie.

I bought this on the DotD and with the exception of 1 level (the one with the police station), I thought it was pretty bad and I'm a pretty serious RE fan (the real REs). Glad I was able to dump it for profit in time. I didn't play coop though (wife didn't want to try) so that though would have helped a bunch. I think maybe $5 is my point just for that one level, although the SE would be tempting. It did get me back into play RE1-3 on the GC :)

[quote name='Alex121006']bought the SE of this for $20 @ target (clearence) 1 week after it came out.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that $30? I remember trying to get that and Tiger Woods but could only find TW.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Damn cant find a real head 2 head for this game at all. Lens of truth has some screenshots and thats about it. No actual analysis =( I hear mention that the 360 has an additional multiplayer mode, but im almost positive this is online only for multiplayer. Can anyone who has the game confirm deny if it supports system link or not? I would love the 360 version but my understanding is the whole point of this game is co-op and i cant play online only co op on the 360. That would suck to lose out on a cool muliplyaer mode though

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Here's the way I see it: the RE series is a playstation series. It started there and it doesn't belong anywhere else.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Wasn't that $30? I remember trying to get that and Tiger Woods but could only find TW.[/QUOTE]

it was $35, but i price matched toys r us with a buy 1 get 1 40% off, so it was only about $20 after the discount.

[quote name='Romeo']Here's the way I see it: the RE series is a playstation series. It started there and it doesn't belong anywhere else.[/QUOTE]
How can you say that when the best game in the series (REmake) is Nintendo exclusive.

[quote name='whoknows']What are you talking about? I don't recall any boss taking an hour to beat.[/QUOTE]
On the hardest difficulty, the 4 player co-op gives the last boss crazy amounts of health. If you play it solo with the AI the fight takes about 4 minutes.

Basically they take the joy out of the co-op.

Since this is just part of the Best Buy sale listed in the ad thread, this should be deleted or added to that thread.

Ugh I paid $5 to redbox this game for a few days when it released and I still want my money and time back for this terrible game. I am a big Resident Evil fan and this game severely disappointed me. Im surprised Capcom isn't throwing this thing in free in the Resident Evil 6 collecters edition just to get rid of it and free up some warehouse space.

[quote name='Romeo'] Are BOTH the plain and steelbook edition $15?[/QUOTE]Unsure I just saw both were the same price & linked them just in case.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']So will this be online too? [/QUOTE]yes, it's a weekly ad deal.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Since this is just part of the Best Buy sale listed in the ad thread, this should be deleted or added to that thread.[/QUOTE]I posted it prior to the weekly ad leak & chances are there would be someone who'd post it separately anyways.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Since this is just part of the Best Buy sale listed in the ad thread, this should be deleted or added to that thread.[/QUOTE]

yes, because it's taking up so much room.

So yay or nay? I can't decide if I want this or not. I have watched reviews but thats when the game first got released. From what Ive read some of those bugs have been fixed.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So yay or nay? I can't decide if I want this or not. I have watched reviews but thats when the game first got released. From what Ive read some of those bugs have been fixed.[/QUOTE]

Nay. The game is horrible. Wait until Resident Evil 6.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So yay or nay? I can't decide if I want this or not. I have watched reviews but thats when the game first got released. From what Ive read some of those bugs have been fixed.[/QUOTE]

Love RE series but this my fellow CAG's, is a complete dud.

Patches or not, a candy coated turd still stinks. :booty:

[quote name='destro4eva']Love RE series but this my fellow CAG's, is a complete dud.

Patches or not, a candy coated turd still stinks. :booty:[/QUOTE]

:lol:. Alright I guess its for the best I pass. If this hits below $10 on a gamefly sale or something then I bite. Guess its more lollipop chainsaw and ninja gaiden 3 for me then.

[quote name='jr1016']This was a DOTD on 6/10 so if you have Silver RZ and bought it at that time you can get a PM to get $3 back. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's my current plan.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']ah......[/QUOTE]

Spank!

....The online of this game looks like it could be something(from the YouTube gameplay)....
If only somebody would create a scary game that didn't have to do with a f'ing zombie!

play haunting ground. no zombies.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Spank!

....The online of this game looks like it could be something(from the YouTube gameplay)....
If only somebody would create a scary game that didn't have to do with a f'ing zombie![/QUOTE]

If only somebody would create a scary game that didn't have to do with a f'ing zombie![/QUOTE]

How bout necromorphs? Or this game I heard of called Mindjack. I heard that shit would give you nightmares. :lol:

Zombies are to gaming as vampires are becoming in the media. (Twilight, true blood, vampire diaries.) People cant get enough of that shit. It takes real imgaination and creativity to think outside the box, but why do that when you can just copy the same shit others are doing?

[quote name='technicalstylez']play haunting ground. no zombies.[/QUOTE]

I found out why I 'only' found the demo of Siren on PSN. I'm not up on the whole episodes thing. I rechecked the gameplay vids and it looks like a zombie game.:whee:

Haunting Ground chick looks slutty. Does the game start with her walking home from a strip club or a 'video' set?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']How bout necromorphs? Or this game I heard of called Mindjack. I heard that shit would give you nightmares. :lol:

Zombies are to gaming as vampires are becoming in the media. (Twilight, true blood, vampire diaries.) People cant get enough of that shit. It takes real imgaination and creativity to think outside the box, but why do that when you can just copy the same shit others are doing?[/QUOTE]

Twilight:puke:!!!!!!!! I saw the chick who created that! She was crying because the creatures in her movie "look so real". Lmfao. NOT. :roll:That series looks so dumb, to me!

I will look into those games, thanks. Edit: Trolled on the Mindjack game.:evil:

[quote name='jr1016']This was a DOTD on 6/10 so if you have Silver RZ and bought it at that time you can get a PM to get $3 back. :)[/QUOTE]Or u could buy the game now for $50 using the in-store P/U to get the $10 code & then PM the game to $15 later in the week. $15 + $10 credit is better than $3.
Already got this + lego batman 2 & B:AC GOTY
RE & both Batman games for $75 + $15 credit is a great deal.

[quote name='Scorch']Yep, that's my current plan.[/QUOTE]abandon that plan & follow the 1 above it'll be a better deal

[quote name='technicalstylez']play haunting ground. no zombies.[/QUOTE]

I am seeing her in different clothes in different vids. I can change her outfit?

yw. don't buy the episodes of siren on psn. they are censored. buy a pal or asia version on disc on ebay for 25-30 bucks. well worth it. as for siren, i dunno if i would exactly call them zombies...
ohh, how do u feel about ghosts?....check out the fatal frame games.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I'm going to buy it! Thank you![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']Or u could buy the game now for $50 using the in-store P/U to get the $10 code & then PM the game to $15 later in the week. $15 + $10 credit is better than $3.[/QUOTE]
Done.

Maybe you should go play some Slender.

I was looking for some clarification. How long does this last? This is a sale for the whole week right? I had the special edition for each version shipped to me last week but it wont be here by tomorow. I had planned on PMing them when they arrived but that will only work if this goes all week so they can arrive. If its just a deal of day i think im screwed.

If it is a deal of the day can i have them PM it even if its not here yet?

[quote name='technicalstylez']yw. don't buy the episodes of siren on psn. they are censored. buy a pal or asia version on disc on ebay for 25-30 bucks. well worth it. as for siren, i dunno if i would exactly call them zombies...
ohh, how do u feel about ghosts?....check out the fatal frame games.[/QUOTE]

the US version is censored? How are they censored? Some kinda nudity or something? I doubt its because of gore or violence. I mean this is America. WHere horrible brutality and violence is A-ok, but god forbid you show a boobie

^_^x

You mean like the entire Silent Hill series?

[quote name='Kenshindono']
the US version is censored? How are they censored? Some kinda nudity or something? I doubt its because of gore or violence. I mean this is America. WHere horrible brutality and violence is A-ok, but god forbid you show a boobie

^_^x[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, myself (played the first one on ps2), but word is that they edited a couple of the more graphically violent scenes, edited a couple scenes because one of the characters was a minor, and lowered the amount of blood/cuts/splatter on characters. I guess they did it for the M rating in the US.

I know, I'm kind of surprised, too, in the country where you can show someone getting chopped to bits by an airplane propeller or shot 30 times on primetime tv, but people are still outraged over like 1 second of Janet Jackson's nipple.

I think the PAL version of Siren is the version to get. I think it has extras or something.

I just remember when I was looking to buy it, I was looking for that version in particular for some reason.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I was looking for some clarification. How long does this last? This is a sale for the whole week right? I had the special edition for each version shipped to me last week but it wont be here by tomorow. I had planned on PMing them when they arrived but that will only work if this goes all week so they can arrive. If its just a deal of day i think im screwed.[/QUOTE]It's a weekly ad deal not DOTD so last till next sat.

[quote name='technicalstylez']yw. don't buy the episodes of siren on psn. they are censored. buy a pal or asia version on disc on ebay for 25-30 bucks. well worth it. as for siren, i dunno if i would exactly call them zombies...
ohh, how do u feel about ghosts?....check out the fatal frame games.[/QUOTE]

I checked Fatal Frame games and I'm not sure. I will check more gameplay vids on them.

[quote name='Enuf']It's a weekly ad deal not DOTD so last till next sat.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, tjats been confirmed then? Ii should get my special editions in by then hopefully. I dont think its ever been verified whether they are included in this price or not though. I got a copy of both the ps3/360 version just in case. Im still on the fence on which version i want. I really want PS3 since the earlier games were on the PS systems, but the few comparisons ive found indicate the 360 is superior in every way plus has extra content. =(

[quote name='MR_E']I haven't played it, myself (played the first one on ps2), but word is that they edited a couple of the more graphically violent scenes, edited a couple scenes because one of the characters was a minor, and lowered the amount of blood/cuts/splatter on characters. I guess they did it for the M rating in the US.

I know, I'm kind of surprised, too, in the country where you can show someone getting chopped to bits by an airplane propeller or shot 30 times on primetime tv, but people are still outraged over like 1 second of Janet Jackson's nipple.[/QUOTE]

That really is bizzare... The US version took out blood/gore but the UK version left it in? US usually only cares about nudity and junk. Its the UK that usually goes for violence/gore censorship and leaves nudity in. I do believe the 'minor' thing though. Weve got some bug up our butts about any kinda violence twords children for some reason. I still think its shit that you cant murder kids in Fallout

Seriously i find this really strange. Anyone know why they did that? I dont think ive heard of any other game where gore was cut from the US release and left in the UK version o_O I thought the US just felt that boobies ruined the minds of our youth.

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']Thank you, tjats been confirmed then? Ii should get my special editions in by then hopefully. I dont think its ever been verified whether they are included in this price or not though. I got a copy of both the ps3/360 version just in case.

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Yes it's confirmed for the week, OP got 1 game of the reported 100 from the weekly ad before it was posted and this thread still exists next to the stickied ad to.....

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
Part 2 looks interesting. Really interesting from the gameplay vids. I have(well, deleted it but I can re-download it) part 1 free from PS+, but I CAN'T STAND the controls!:whistle2:# Are part 2's controls that bad?
[/QUOTE]

Silent Hill 2 and 3 have an option to switch between 2D/3D controls, so you can opt out of the tank controls if you want... Silent Hill 2 is amazing. Silent Hill 3 is good, too, and is a direct sequel to the first game.

If it looks interesting to you and you're looking for something scary and psychological and non-zombie-oriented, I'd totally recommend grabbing the Silent Hill HD collection (it just got a really solid patch in the last couple weeks that fixed the performance issues and some of the aesthetic complaints and bugs people had, so you can ignore the tons of bad reviews and complaints floating around about the ports...they're much better now).

[quote name='Masx']So does the Special Edition fall under the $15 category?[/QUOTE]
From OP:
The SE HAS NOT YET BEEN COMFIRMED TO BE ON SALE

[quote name='TooPoor']From OP:
The SE HAS NOT YET BEEN COMFIRMED TO BE ON SALE[/QUOTE]

Just saw the list, SE is not included.

bread's done
Back