Resistance 2 CAG Clan/Night - Get yo ass on! - Friday Nights @ 7PM PST/10PM EST

Damn you guys suck. I didn't know there were CAG games already starting up. Somebody edit the thread title with the date and times! :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there a particular game name I should be looking for, as I don't see anything with CAG in the title? Co-op or MP? I'm confused. :whistle2:(

Edit: Finally found one in co-op, but it's full. This was so much easier in Warhawk, as I would be able to find a friend in a game and join that game from there.[/quote]
Well NamPaehc is able to do it. I believe you just join a friend's party and if it isn't full you automatically hop in their game. I'm just guessing though, since I've joined parties and I've just sat at the menu, never getting into a game until they're done :/

Sorry about the disappearing act and not updating the thread title guys, I've just had to buckle down lately, I need a new friggin' job >:/

Saturday should go as planned though. We have 23 members in the clan at last count, I'll check tonight for more applicants. I'll put the process on how to do it in the OP just in case some people haven't figured it out, and I'll get the schedule ironed/figured out ahead of time so people can plan for it (most likely tomorrow).

I'll think of something with keeping track of members now due to the way invites are sent out now and the applicant function as well.

Yeah, you just have to make sure your friend has their settings correct. They have to go into their party settings and change it let friends join (I also have clan open to join too).

Just hightlight them in from the menu and select join party. Then you need their game NOT to be full. If it is full... I think you can still chat with you're party mates, have't tried that yet. And it will just sit there until the round is over and they go into a new game.

As long as there is a slot it will let you join. If the game is in progress, it'll take you to the in-game lobby screen. But it takes it like 10-20 seconds to come up so just be patient. After you set up you're class, just scroll up and hit enter game it should load.

Good game last night, I have a mic but its a bluetooth 3rd party and I have problems muting and unmuting it during games. I have 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old kids at home so I tend to not use it to keep the background noise down.

I did have my first complete 8-player mission with NO death, very nice. Everyone played their rolls, the medics were top notch in allowing me to deal out the death without worrying about dying myself.

Does the wired PS2 headset work with the game? That has an easy mute button.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']
Does the wired PS2 headset work with the game? That has an easy mute button.[/QUOTE]Wired PS2 USB mics work. That's what I've been using this entire time. Voice quality is top notch better (better than most all bluetooth headsets on PS3).

I had fun with the clan last night. I was playing co-operative with the masses (and MDAmore) and received an invite from Inf Shini. I left that game and then it took me a while to find the game invite and to accept it. I am still not sure what I did but I eventually popped into a clan Party and everything was good from there. Fun times. I look forward to next Saturday night - but again I start gaming much later than 8 pm!

I would appreciate it if someone could explain the exact steps to accepting a Game Invite. It worked for me, but only after trying quite a few things. I tried clicking on Inf Shini's name and join game - and received a "no permission" message. Not sure what I did next. Thanks for your help.

[quote name='Zyzomys']I had fun with the clan last night. I was playing co-operative with the masses (and MDAmore) and received an invite from Inf Shini. I left that game and then it took me a while to find the game invite and to accept it. I am still not sure what I did but I eventually popped into a clan Party and everything was good from there. Fun times. I look forward to next Saturday night - but again I start gaming much later than 8 pm!

I would appreciate it if someone could explain the exact steps to accepting a Game Invite. It worked for me, but only after trying quite a few things. I tried clicking on Inf Shini's name and join game - and received a "no permission" message. Not sure what I did next. Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]You go to your party, and check party options. Under the party options menu, there's something to accept invite.

They way R2 works is the one running the party can decide whether only the leader or everyone can send invites. Whether the party is open for friends and/or clan to join. And you can decide whether the party is open to all.

Thanks for the microphone info, I will have one by Saturday. The manual for R2 really stinks, I even bought the guide book and there is little to NO information on things like invites and partys. The big thing I found confusing is that unless you hit the ^ key and check party you don't know if you are in a party or not. I remember Halo would drop you on a screen that showed all members of the party but R2 once you are in you have to manually check. I know that one of my friends dropped out of the group last night after the first match because he went back to the default screen as usual but did not realize he was still in the party so he hit Co-Op and hit Play and joined another game. Not that big of a deal but until you get the hang of it there is some confusion.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']Thanks for the microphone info, I will have one by Saturday. The manual for R2 really stinks, I even bought the guide book and there is little to NO information on things like invites and partys. The big thing I found confusing is that unless you hit the ^ key and check party you don't know if you are in a party or not. I remember Halo would drop you on a screen that showed all members of the party but R2 once you are in you have to manually check. I know that one of my friends dropped out of the group last night after the first match because he went back to the default screen as usual but did not realize he was still in the party so he hit Co-Op and hit Play and joined another game. Not that big of a deal but until you get the hang of it there is some confusion.[/QUOTE]Most games don't tell you how to find an invite, because it could possibly change via patch. This was something I learned in the beta.

I love the setup because invites actually work (unlike CoD4 for an example), party stays connected, and you have quick and easy access to your own party, buddy list, and clan.

There are a few tweaks that are needed to make things a little less confusing. I've been meaning to make a post the R2 forums but can't do so at work (IE6 sucks).

The invites are confusing because they are sent and accepted in-game but notified via the XMB.

Overall the party system works pretty well. If you are a leader you should change your party options so people can join without you inviting them. It helps when people accidentally back out of the staging screen and have to leave the party to rejoin.

[quote name='Sarrasis']

Overall the party system works pretty well. If you are a leader you should change your party options so people can join without you inviting them. It helps when people accidentally back out of the staging screen and have to leave the party to rejoin.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad the XMB system is used since it gives us a chance to write text in the body and at least the invites will work (I know I complain about CoD4 invite system too much, but I have a feeling if it used the XMB ones, they would have worked much better).

Sorry I didn't end up making it back, but I did have a good time playing with some of the other early arrivals. Looking forward to Saturday!

A little bit off topic but do any of you guys recommend the new official Sony Bluetooth headset? The ones packed in with Endwar and Socom? I'm thinking of purchasing one since the Jabra headset that came with Warhawk is super sensitive and gets all kinds of feedback.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's included with Endwar?[/QUOTE]Yes it is. I saw it at Best Buy for $89.99.
[quote name='knightsdwn']A little bit off topic but do any of you guys recommend the new official Sony Bluetooth headset? The ones packed in with Endwar and Socom? I'm thinking of purchasing one since the Jabra headset that came with Warhawk is super sensitive and gets all kinds of feedback.[/QUOTE]
I recommend doing that or try a USB headset (if you still have one lying around), because they work great.

[quote name='knightsdwn']A little bit off topic but do any of you guys recommend the new official Sony Bluetooth headset? The ones packed in with Endwar and Socom? I'm thinking of purchasing one since the Jabra headset that came with Warhawk is super sensitive and gets all kinds of feedback.[/quote]
YES! Cheapy's impressions on this week's podcast are spot on. It is definitely worth it. Regular BT headsets are such a pain to deal with and don't sound as clear.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yes it is. I saw it at Best Buy for $89.99.[/quote]
That's kind of a ripoff compared to SOCOM depending on how much you care about the game it comes with.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's kind of a ripoff compared to SOCOM depending on how much you care about the game it comes with.[/quote]

Ive heard nothing but good about Endwar.. but I agree, socom bundle is better, you can sell the game for 30-35 easy.

Thank you all for the advice. Endwar with the headset is on sale for $54 at Target this coming Sunday so I may bite on that. I'm not really interested in the game so I can always sell it / trade it to recoup some costs.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Thank you all for the advice. Endwar with the headset is on sale for $54 at Target this coming Sunday so I may bite on that. I'm not really interested in the game so I can always sell it / trade it to recoup some costs.[/quote]

holy crap it is. I may have to jump on it, I dont need to headset I just want the game lol.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Ive heard nothing but good about Endwar.. but I agree, socom bundle is better, you can sell the game for 30-35 easy.[/QUOTE]

really? thats a great pice. It seems almost too good to be true if you take The Mana Knight's best buy price of $89.99 for endwar and mic. So I'm thinking that $54.99 is the price for the game only (which comes out to the standard 10% off discount). I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='enufs8d']really? thats a great pice. It seems almost too good to be true if you take The Mana Knight's best buy price of $89.99 for endwar and mic. So I'm thinking that $54.99 is the price for the game only (which comes out to the standard 10% off discount). I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]I'm betting it's unbundled at Target, but I could be wrong.

This is what EB/GameStop lists:
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72657

Ok, so the plan is 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern tomorrow.

I've updated my map rotations in the 2nd post.

Mana, what maps have you unlocked and what map rotation can you put together?

We have 28 members as of now, so just in case, I want another person who could head a third group if necessary.

Well that was fun. Though weird that it never ended. And I somehow got stuck in a different area at the end when I left. I could head a third group also if needed.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I said for the third time id do it.[/quote]
I didn't notice the first two, but hey, third time's the charm ;)

It was weird at the end, funny thing though, like 10 seconds after you left it said mission complete :lol:
That was probably the longest delay EVER.

I don't know what was going on with the party and creating/searching for a game, the game froze like 3 times already for me tonight. I'll see you guys tomorrow then, I'mma go for the Superhuman run.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I didn't notice the first two, but hey, third time's the charm ;)

It was weird at the end, funny thing though, like 10 seconds after you left it said mission complete :lol:
That was probably the longest delay EVER.

I don't know what was going on with the party and creating/searching for a game, the game froze like 3 times already for me tonight. I'll see you guys tomorrow then, I'mma go for the Superhuman run.[/quote]

I gave up, it froze on me twice for no reason, once when my mic was on and the other was with you guys.. no idea wth is going on.

Ill be doing Chicago, Bryce Canyon, and Bracknell along with SKIRMISH ranked matches.

Hey guys, I just applied to the clan (MrDiamondJ). I can't guarantee I'll be around on Saturdays, but if I am I'll get on.

WTH is with this crap.. network error after network error.. unbalanced teams..

NO INSOMNIAC NO ONLINE PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. MUST BE ISOLATED.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ok, so the plan is 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern tomorrow.

I've updated my map rotations in the 2nd post.

Mana, what maps have you unlocked and what map rotation can you put together?

We have 28 members as of now, so just in case, I want another person who could head a third group if necessary.[/QUOTE]I should have the first three, but I'll verify.

I just made some adjustments to my router, and if I definitely no longer get network errors with them it may be what solved the problem (despite having the DMZ opened, I opened the ports SCEA says for their own game servers).

I should be on earlier than 9est so if anyone wants to play before then just send me an invite... or maybe I'll just invade your party :lol:

I finished up Superhuman last night so I can focus solely on MP now.

[quote name='TheHammerGod']Sorry guys but theres a big UFC fight tonight that I will be going out to watch. I will be back on Wednesday.[/quote]
You're going to see the Couture v. Lesnar fight? Have fun!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']you have to beat them by joining other games.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure it is by beating the previous maps a specific amount of times. It tells you how to unlock it when you try to select the map when creating a game.

[quote name='Sarrasis']I'm pretty sure it is by beating the previous maps a specific amount of times. It tells you how to unlock it when you try to select the map when creating a game.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking since I've gone through Orick a few times with Mana and some other CAGs and that's not unlocked yet, so it seems like there has to be a bit more to it.

I just looked and it looks like I need a specific amount of gray tech and playthroughs to unlock the following level.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's what I was thinking since I've gone through Orick a few times with Mana and some other CAGs and that's not unlocked yet, so it seems like there has to be a bit more to it.

I just looked and it looks like I need a specific amount of gray tech and playthroughs to unlock the following level.[/QUOTE]That too. I unlocked the maps doing that too.

To unlock each new mapset, you need a certain number of gray tech, and to get a certain number of mission reports from the previous mapset, aka beat that map doing different mission reports. Example, to open up Iceland, you need to get 10/12 of the Bryce Cayon mission reports and 100 gray tech. You can join anybody else's games on any map but if you don't have enough mission reports and/or gray tech you just can't host it yourself. I've been trying to create to my games lately so I don't do missions I've already done and already have that mission report.

bread's done
Back