Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

What I mainly want is a new solution to matchmaking. I thought RFOM had pretty pathetic matchmaking, leading to unbalanced teams and replaying the same map multiple times. It even seems like one night a certain map will repeat itself a few times, with the next night repeating a different map. It's tiring to play Grimsby all the time.

[quote name='mykevermin']Calm down, toots. Keep your accolades in check. I admit I'm really intrigued by 60-player online multiplayer. VERY intrigued. But I'm going to be patient about it.

If it can be done, then awesome. Nevertheless, CoD4 has changed the standard for online FPS games, with the elements of strategy, leveling, matchmaking, etc., going into every game. It's quite brilliant, and the Resistance developers should, if they want to make a great game, crib some of the notes from Infinity Ward.

...on another note, crap. By the time Resistance hits GH status (a/k/a, the pricepoint I'm willing to buy it at), this will be out, and the online community for the game all but dead.[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad that someone's being ambitious, and at least trying to give gamers what they want. The 8 player co-op is nice. Its about time we get online co-op. [and thanks to Haze on that co-op tips as well]
I'm ready to give the game GOTY honors, cause its so easy for people to put the game down since its not on other platforms.

All I know is that this year, Playstation 3 is going to earn some respect from the 360 fanboys.

[quote name='panasonic']of course 60 people online will be good, 40 people online in resistance and not one bit of lag.[/quote]

I personally like playing a whole bunch of people because it makes the online more crazy. I haven't lagged once in Resistance. The game is just so smooth.

Resistance 2 is up there with MGS4 in anticipation level for me.

Wait, so it's going to still be only 1 teams vs. another? I was hoping with 60 people we could get 3 teams fighting against each other 20 vs. 20 vs. 20. It think that would be cool. I feel like Tribes used to do this but maybe I'm wrong.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm just glad that someone's being ambitious, and at least trying to give gamers what they want. The 8 player co-op is nice. Its about time we get online co-op. [and thanks to Haze on that co-op tips as well]
I'm ready to give the game GOTY honors, cause its so easy for people to put the game down since its not on other platforms.

All I know is that this year, Playstation 3 is going to earn some respect from the 360 fanboys.[/quote]

:lol: I'm sure.

The technically great multi player often overshadows the single player. While the single player started slow, I found it to be very compelling. It had decent length, interesting story, and good narration. Those who haven't played it, I think it would be worthwhile to do so sometime in the next year before playing R1.

The class system in R2 could make it a system seller for sure.

I always feel than announcing a game more than 6 months before its release can sometimes do more harm than good... hopefully not in this case.

~S

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']:lol: I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

oh goodness... just because I'm happy over a game you getting all pissy. You've been making your sideshow Bob coments after my statements for the past 3 or 4 pages.

Now I'm off to play COD4!

[quote name='Poor2More']part 1 was Medicore to me, back to COD4

60 players at the same time in one game? well the whole PS3 Community can play in one game, that sir is an excellent feat indeed :)
[/quote]

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

GTFO.

Don't come back.

Keep playing your call of dutyz, that is if you can connect to a game.

fucking useless.

Never got a chance to play the first one but 8-player co-op and huge 60 people online battles? That's got me VERY interested in Resistance 2.

[quote name='primetime']What I mainly want is a new solution to matchmaking. I thought RFOM had pretty pathetic matchmaking, leading to unbalanced teams and replaying the same map multiple times. It even seems like one night a certain map will repeat itself a few times, with the next night repeating a different map. It's tiring to play Grimsby all the time.[/QUOTE]

COD4 raised the bar for matchmaking, so with any luck, other online FPS games crib some notes from Infinity Ward.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm ready to give the game GOTY honors, cause its so easy for people to put the game down since its not on other platforms. [/QUOTE]

You want to give GOTY honors (in January?) to a game you haven't played. De-light-ful.

[quote name='darthbudge']That is pure awesomeness. I must get my own PS3.[/QUOTE]

Good to see some of this attitude.

[quote name='Thomas96']oh goodness... just because I'm happy over a game you getting all pissy. You've been making your sideshow Bob coments after my statements for the past 3 or 4 pages.

Now I'm off to play COD4![/quote]

Lol come back of the century folks! Btw it's spelled "comments" not coments. Also seeing as you have no idea on why I said "I'm sure" I'm not going to explain it to you. Since well #1 I don't have that kind of time, and #2 I don't want to turn this into a battle of wits, seeing how you're un-armed and all.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Lol come back of the century folks! Btw it's spelled "comments" not coments. Also seeing as you have no idea on why I said "I'm sure" I'm not going to explain it to you. Since well #1 I don't have that kind of time, and #2 I don't want to turn this into a battle of wits, seeing how your un-armed and all.[/QUOTE]

omg... rambling makes me so sleepy... ZzzzZzzzz....

[quote name='mykevermin']

You want to give GOTY honors (in January?) to a game you haven't played. De-light-ful.
[/QUOTE]

I "want" to.. but the game still needs to be played, and still needs to earn its spot. This game may end up being one of the top games, but I don't want to short MGS4, or Crisis Core, or FF XIII (if that's this year), Ninja Gaiden II. My whole goal is just to give credit to devs who make good games, especially on PS3 where devs have a tendency to half ass games. [sometimes]

Excellent, I recently started playing the first again (online) because a few of my buddies got 40gbs and Resistance for Christmas. The online is great, I'm sort of ashamed I never gave it a fair shake earlier. Insomniac is crazy good as well still supporting this game more than a year after its release.

Looking forward to it--- :)

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Lol come back of the century folks! Btw it's spelled "comments" not coments. Also seeing as you have no idea on why I said "I'm sure" I'm not going to explain it to you. Since well #1 I don't have that kind of time, and #2 I don't want to turn this into a battle of wits, seeing how your un-armed and all.[/quote]

I love it when people make errors while correcting others on theirs.

Anywho, this game looks good from the initial screenshots.

Yeah that was my fault, I even went back and fixed it. ;) Anyway I took care of the problem and added him to my ignore list so I can avoid future convos with him. Back to the OT, I never really thought the SP mode in Resistance was that great. Since they are adding Co-op to Resistance 2 I might get into the single player mode more. Also I thought the online was a blast in Resistance and if they can pull this off, and it has no lag like the original Resistance it will be awesome.

I remember when I used to buy games based on how fun they were instead of because of their video resolution. Those sure were some confused, backwards times.

The only thing that concerns me is that now Sony MIGHT have two big name first part franchises coming out during the same time frame. You have Resistance coming out Late this year, and Killzone 2 possibly being pushed back to september, that's two BIG FPS in a short time frame. Killzone 2 better come out in Q2 if it wants to do well.

[quote name='metaly']I remember when I used to buy games based on how fun they were instead of because of their video resolution. Those sure were some confused, backwards times.[/quote]

:lol: Those were the days.

Hopefully the campaign is better for this one. It got kind of boring near the halfway point in the game.

I loved the environments and enemy designs. The only thing I'm hoping for the 2nd one is that they change up weapon priority. There were some cool weapons in the game but there was never a priority to use 80-90% of them. You could pretty much run through the campaign only using a couple of the guns (Medium difficulty of course).

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']The only thing that concerns me is that now Sony MIGHT have two big name first part franchises coming out during the same time frame. You have Resistance coming out Late this year, and Killzone 2 possibly being pushed back to september, that's two BIG FPS in a short time frame. Killzone 2 better come out in Q2 if it wants to do well.[/quote]

360 had Bioshock, Halo 3, COD 4, and Orange box all come out within a couple of months and with ps3 owners craving some 1st party games I don't think any of them would have a problem selling, but I would think that any 3rd part game around that time would have some great competision.

[quote name='darylfoot']Now lets hope for 1080i/p so I can buy it...... 720p = no buy.....[/QUOTE]If Ratchet did it, I expect Resistance 2 to. Resistance didn't because Insomniac wasn't aware they had to make the game run on 1080i TVs.
[quote name='H.Cornerstone']The only thing that concerns me is that now Sony MIGHT have two big name first part franchises coming out during the same time frame. You have Resistance coming out Late this year, and Killzone 2 possibly being pushed back to september, that's two BIG FPS in a short time frame. Killzone 2 better come out in Q2 if it wants to do well.[/QUOTE]I'm thinking if Killzone 2 is not ready by August (July/August would be the perfect time to release the game), they might just delay it to 2009 and make the game even better.

[quote name='darylfoot']Now lets hope for 1080i/p so I can buy it...... 720p = no buy.....[/QUOTE]

You have an awfully high 360 gamerscore for someone who only plays games in 1080i or higher.

Sonuvabitch, that's it, I'm applying to be one of their game testers :p, I live in the same city as Insomniac. School is for losers! [/Sarcasm]

It would be nice since I DO live in the same city :whistle2:k

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Sonuvabitch, that's it, I'm applying to be one of their game testers :p, I live in the same city as Insomniac. School is for losers! [/Sarcasm]

It would be nice since I DO live in the same city :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Yeah, that would be awesome to test the game.

Can't wait to play co-op online with ya. :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, that would be awesome to test the game.

Can't wait to play co-op online with ya. :D[/quote]
I had the chance to test the first game, but with college I had to pass. If this falls into the sweet spot I hope it will, then I'll be able to bend my schedule for this, since I'll be play-testing it and getting paid for it :cool:

Although slightly repeatative, resistance was a really good game. Im really looking forward to resistance 2. The new chimera look great!

[quote name='mykevermin']You have an awfully high 360 gamerscore for someone who only plays games in 1080i or higher.[/quote]

Uh, all 360 games play at 1080i on my non-720p HDTV. I'm not gonna spend $60 on a game that plays at 480p.... I don't care if 360 games are "upped" to 1080. They look a heck of a lot better than Motorstorm at 480p. :lol:

[quote name='darylfoot']Uh, all 360 games play at 1080i on my non-720p HDTV. I'm not gonna spend $60 on a game that plays at 480p.... I don't care if 360 games are "upped" to 1080. They look a heck of a lot better than Motorstorm at 480p. :lol:[/quote] How old is your TV? :whistle2:s

I have a big ass CRT HDTV and it does 720p and 1080i, thing is it freaks out on 480i so it's a pain in the ass to setup at first >.> *sigh*

[quote name='Inf^Shini']How old is your TV? :whistle2:s

I have a big ass CRT HDTV and it does 720p and 1080i, thing is it freaks out on 480i so it's a pain in the ass to setup at first >.> *sigh*[/quote]

It's a 55" Mitsubishi RPTV with an awesome picture in 1080. It's about 3 years old.....

[quote name='darylfoot']It's a 55" Mitsubishi RPTV with an awesome picture in 1080. It's about 3 years old.....[/quote]

And it doesn't support 720p? That was a horrible decision on your manufacturers part. My dad's Toshisba CRT Projection TV is seven years old and IT supports 720p.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']And it doesn't support 720p? That was a horrible decision on your manufacturers part. My dad's Toshisba CRT Projection TV is seven years old and IT supports 720p.[/quote]

A lot of RPTV's are like this, including Sony brand. Makes no sense to me that they can't make a 720 game play at 1080...... but a ps2 480i game, they can :lol:

Thanks for the scans!!!

:drool:

This game looks awesome. I was hoping they would include (more) vehicles in this one, and multi-player better have em all too! Haha, this game sounds amazing, almost too good to be true *_*

The fact that your fighting a losing battle makes it all the more interesting :whistle2:k

Gah, this is gonna be a great year for Gaming :D

The fact that they're going to tell the story from Hale's point of view make the first Resistance seem like a prequel.

Some of the concept art in those scans are mighty nice. I wouldn't mind making them my wallpaper or something.

The game will feature the standard single-player campaign as well as an eight-player online co-op campaign that's objective-based. Two people can still work together locally.

I hope this doesn't mean that the "standard single-player campaign" won't include online co-op with a second person after the addition of the second campaign that allows up to eight players online.

While it's not a very big deal to me since the same people I could play with online would be able to play locally, but it just seems incredibly stupid. Guess possible clarification on this may be a while. Hopefully not though.

[quote name='Draekon']Some of the concept art in those scans are mighty nice. I wouldn't mind making them my wallpaper or something.

I hope this doesn't mean that the "standard single-player campaign" won't include online co-op with a second person after the addition of the second campaign that allows up to eight players online.

While it's not a very big deal to me since the same people I could play with online would be able to play locally, but it just seems incredibly stupid. Guess possible clarification on this may be a while. Hopefully not though.[/QUOTE]

I think that Single player is being reserved just for one person. Which is a good thing because when you play a single player co-op... it leaves the 2nd player out.. to this day.. who was that black guy that was running around with Hale during Resistance?! Having a dedicated co-op story at least involves all the co-op participants. Also at least you know the game is going to have replayability with the single player campaign, co-op campaign, and online matches. Hell that's like 20 dollars a game.

bread's done
Back