Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='Sarrasis']Here's the details on the R2 DLC releasing this week, March 26th.

What's included:
Superhuman mode for Co-op (No auto-revive, more xp)
New maps (smaller scale)
Skins available for purchase (some chick, Ravager, cloven)
Ability to create pw protected games
Ability to play with 2 PSN accounts on same machine (Doesn't this mean there will be a FW update???)

The map pack is $5.99. Skins are $.99 each.

No mention of a level cap raise :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks.. Does maps mean for competitive or coop b/c I only care about coop play. This will determine if I get this game again.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Here's the details on the R2 DLC releasing this week, March 26th.

What's included:
Superhuman mode for Co-op (No auto-revive, more xp)
New maps (smaller scale)
Skins available for purchase (some chick, Ravager, cloven)
Ability to create pw protected games
Ability to play with 2 PSN accounts on same machine (Doesn't this mean there will be a FW update???)

The map pack is $5.99. Skins are $.99 each.

No mention of a level cap raise :cry:[/quote]
From what I've read, there's a patch and DLC coming.

The patch gives us:
Meltdown MP mode
Superhuman difficulty for Co-op
Local 2nd player PSN sign-in
Password protect option

The DLC that's coming are:
The Aftermath map pack - $5.99
Skins for $0.99 each

Here's the video to watch here:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6206601/videoplayerpop

Superhuman difficulty for Co-op

veryyy niceeeee. i was getting tired of getting into rooms with 3 max guys and moping the floor out of them critters.

do you guys think the dlc will have extra trophies?

[quote name='enufs8d']Superhuman difficulty for Co-op

veryyy niceeeee. i was getting tired of getting into rooms with 3 max guys and moping the floor out of them critters.

do you guys think the dlc will have extra trophies?[/QUOTE]Not yet. Down the road it is possible.

Superhuman for co-op sounds nice, but still, with eight skilled players, I still don't see that as a challenge. Then again, perhaps I am wrong. I hope so. My soldier is completely maxed out, and as long as I have two other decent players on medic and spec-ops, it's way to easy to run through those levels, now.

I just finished the SP, and I have to say I Was severely disappointed.

First off, I played normal, and that was the hardest normal game I have ever played. It seemed like they made some parts purposefully hard just to make the game take longer, which I hate.

They completely got rid of everything that made Resistance 1 unique, crazy weapons, different graphics, good story, vehicles and the health.

Now, it's just another generic Halo clone.

Now, for the story:

While it makes sense that Hale and Jordan shepherd are special subjects at what not, but why would Hale reject inhabitor treatment when he knows that it will turn him bad?

Also, the final boss fight is TERRIBLE! "Hey just shoot the orbs! great idea!

After playing Resistance 1, I loved it.

And I was severely disappointed with R2.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']
While it makes sense that Hale and Jordan shepherd are special subjects at what not, but why would Hale reject inhabitor treatment when he knows that it will turn him bad?

Also, the final boss fight is TERRIBLE! "Hey just shoot the orbs! great idea!
[/quote]
I think it was more that he didn't have time to take the treatments because he was in a hurry to stop Jordan. Plus, Hale might've thought he could fight it off.
I kinda thought it was like Jack Bauer "No time to get treated for this gunshot wound, gotta stop the bad guys!" :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']
I think it was more that he didn't have time to take the treatments because he was in a hurry to stop Jordan. Plus, Hale might've thought he could fight it off.
I kinda thought it was like Jack Bauer "No time to get treated for this gunshot wound, gotta stop the bad guys!" :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah,that wasn't as big of deal to me as The boss fights which I thought were terrible, and the ridiculous difficulty and horrible AI.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Superhuman for co-op sounds nice, but still, with eight skilled players, I still don't see that as a challenge. Then again, perhaps I am wrong. I hope so. My soldier is completely maxed out, and as long as I have two other decent players on medic and spec-ops, it's way to easy to run through those levels, now.[/quote]

So build up your medic or spec ops soldier instead!!!! duh..

[quote name='Breakpoint']So build up your medic or spec ops soldier instead!!!! duh..[/quote]

:roll:

The point I was making was, you're still gonna have people with maxed out characters, so it's gonna be easy. I've basically run through levels myself with a soldier. Once you have some people with decent stats, the only remotely hard level in all of co-op is the one where you have to protect the guy at the console for an extended period. And that's just because, early on, no one knew what was going on. Now, everyone knows that level, so a few people stay outside of the area and just pick off the enemies before they even get in there.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Yeah,that wasn't as big of deal to me as The boss fights which I thought were terrible, and the ridiculous difficulty and horrible AI.[/quote]what are you talking about? the AI was very good, and the difficulty wasnt that hard.

I found the original Resistance to be harder. I know I started Superhuman once or twice, got blown away a couple of levels in, and gave up. This one I finished on Superhuman without much issue.

I definitely thought the first game's setting was much stronger. You felt like you were in '50s England. It felt so surreal to be fighting these creatures in such a place. You felt like you should be fighting back a Nazi invasion, but instead, you're battling monsters with advanced weaponry.

I still love R2, but I definitely feel the Halo-clone vibe, especially in confining us to two weapons at a time.

I think I am mostly interested in this game for Co-op also. So you play as a class in co-op that you level up?

You can level it up in the MP, also?

The reviews I've read don't explain this very well.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I think I am mostly interested in this game for Co-op also. So you play as a class in co-op that you level up?

The reviews I've read don't explain this very well.[/quote]
In Co-op there are three classes (Soldier, Medic, and Spec-Ops).
As you play each class you level them up, unlocking armor, weapons, and special abilities.
Co-op isn't Campaign co-op, it's a completely different set of missions that are online only.

I'm not sure how leveling up in Competitive goes, but I think it just unlocks special abilities and costumes.

No, your overall levels is split up amongst your progress in single-player, multiplayer, and co-op. Co-op's split up further with the levels for each of the three classes. There are no classes in MP, so you can't level them up there.

[quote name='blader16']Do kills in unranked competitive games count toward your 10,000 kills for the 'Killing Machine' trophy?[/quote]
Nope. Only ranked games. That's what makes this trophy so fun to get :)

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I think I am mostly interested in this game for Co-op also. So you play as a class in co-op that you level up?

The reviews I've read don't explain this very well.[/quote]
In the Co-Op you have 3 classes which can level up the more you play them. The same goes with MP. However, the leveling up in Co-Op and MP are separate. You don't use the same character.

I had some thing strange happen when me and my son were playing splitscreen co-op. In top right corner where the trophies show up, the letter i appeared and it said " you did not earn a trophy." This happened a couple of times in the same match. Can you not earn trophies while playing splitscreen? Never seen this happen before.

[quote name='js1']I had some thing strange happen when me and my son were playing splitscreen co-op. In top right corner where the trophies show up, the letter i appeared and it said " you did not earn a trophy." This happened a couple of times in the same match. Can you not earn trophies while playing splitscreen? Never seen this happen before.[/quote]Weird, that's never happen to me before. And is anybody noticing how matchmaking for competitive is taking a lot longer & and it usually comes back with a "No Games Found"? It just started doing that right around when the patch came out.

[quote name='js1']I had some thing strange happen when me and my son were playing splitscreen co-op. In top right corner where the trophies show up, the letter i appeared and it said " you did not earn a trophy." This happened a couple of times in the same match. Can you not earn trophies while playing splitscreen? Never seen this happen before.[/quote]
Odd, that usually happens during closed betas and the such. My guess would be you filled the criteria for a Trophy but it's not possible to get it in splitscreen.
[quote name='blader16']Weird, that's never happen to me before. And is anybody noticing how matchmaking for competitive is taking a lot longer & and it usually comes back with a "No Games Found"? It just started doing that right around when the patch came out.[/quote]
The Resistance servers occasionally go down either by stress or in this case, the patch. These things happen here and then, but is usually fixed in the same day.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Odd, that usually happens during closed betas and the such. My guess would be you filled the criteria for a Trophy but it's not possible to get it in splitscreen. [/QUOTE]

When I started the game today without anyone else logged on the trophy showed up. It was a multiplayer trophy. So you seem to be correct DMC about not unlocking the trophy while playing the game but it's good to know that you are still able to get it still.

I'm having the "No games found" problem when trying to find a superhuman coop game. I think I've only made it in once out of every 10-15 tries.

There have been reports on Joystiq that PSN will be be down almost completely if not fully today. If your having problem connecting, this is most likely the reason. If not, then the Resistance servers might have gone down again like they have here and then in the past (the server is heavily stressed after all).

[quote name='Devil May Cry']There have been reports on Joystiq that PSN will be be down almost completely if not fully today. If your having problem connecting, this is most likely the reason. If not, then the Resistance servers might have gone down again like they have here and then in the past (the server is heavily stressed after all).[/quote]I've not had any connection problems on COD4, and i was play for about 5 hours in a row.

I heard a fix is coming very soon. The new patch messed things up far worse than any of the other patches. It is now common site to see about 6 auger shields on the battlegrounds at any given time. Seriously why would they give this gun another shield? They might as well give the bullseye another couple of tags and the marksman another orb if they are going for that gay feel.

http://beta-forums.myresistance.net...thread.id=39220&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Bryan Intihar made a post on the myresistance forums about a new patch that is coming out tomorrow for R2:

In our ongoing effort to improve Resistance 2 comes patch 1.60, which will be available for download on May 14(you'll automatically receive the download prompt the next time you play the game). In addition to some routine behind-the-scenes work, here are some things you'll notice after installing the patch:
--Access to Allies menu has been fixed
--You can now launch Resistance 2 from Home
--Added "Send Message" to the player interaction menu
--"Ring of Life" Berserk energy is depleted upon activation
--The DLC multiplayer map "Outpost" is now listed under "Northern Orick" instead of "Southern Orick"
--Added coop Superhuman mode text to the "Create Game" screen
--Added re-game time to the ticker
--Meltdown leaderboard has been fixed
--You can now earn a "Field Medic" ribbon" by healing the other split-screen player
--Players will no longer be awarded the "Collector" ribbon while dead
--Any XP and Gray Tech earned in offline cooperative games will be retained when the player goes online (this will help address any stats issues some of you experienced after the release of the previous patch)

UPDATE: While the underlying features needed to launch R2 via Home are part of this patch, there's still some work going on in Home to make it possible. So technically you won't be able to launch R2 via Home till next month. But trust me--it'll be worth it when you can.
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

*sigh* Guess I'm not using Ring of Life anymore. It was such a good berserk too. I'm happy to see the "Send Message" back though from R:FoM. Helpful when you had no mic or keyboard.

Still hard finding games on the new maps.
Patch didn't do much
The home launch isn't ready and the party problems are still present.
Hopefully a good patch will come out soon.

Match making is absolutely broken. What the fuck. So much for the patch. It splits up my party, ends games when there is clearly enough players, and constantly says "No games found". I also can't find a game on the new maps or even Meltdown. What a joke. This is ridiculous.

I still haven't been able to play the DLC that came out. I can't find a match with the new maps. Even when I do, the game is completely empty or it just ends abruptly because the match making is so crappy. I can't even get into a match of Meltodwn. If they're going to make new DLC at least make sure the game works. Co-op DLC would be great. I'm just worried it's going to break the game even more.

Sorry about that. I just wanted to get a new conversation going, but I didn't have anything on the top of my mind at that moment.

Starting playing this on Saturday. I really don't know why the screwed up the control scheme from the first game- it worked so well.. At least they were nice enough to allow for customer schemes.

[quote name='nbballard']Starting playing this on Saturday. I really don't know why the screwed up the control scheme from the first game- it worked so well.. At least they were nice enough to allow for customer schemes.[/QUOTE]Weird, I prefer the R2 controls a lot more.

bread's done
Back