Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

Did anyone post this, PSP/PS3 connection details:

Fresh off the CES, Sony Computer Entertainment unveils its new Infected Mode for its PSP shooter, Resistance: Retribution As it turns out, even the games can infect each other, giving us more bonus features for us to spend more hours in front of the livingroom.

Connect a PSP to a PS3 with a copy of Resistance 2, then it'll hook Resistance: Retribution up with the new Infected mode, which comes with a few cool features. Check them out:

* New storyline: play as "infected" James Grayson, which comes with swimming skills, health regeneration and increased strength. Sweet.
* New Spectre uniform
* New R2 weapon: HE .44 Magnum
* Access to new single-player areas.

Don't forget, you need both Resistance 2 and Resistance: Retribution to be able to do this.

It unlocks R2 stuff? I'll have to convince my brother in law to buy a copy and let me borrow my nephews PSP for a day :D

My interests in RR has increased quite a bit (especially with that news). I'll be serious, I just love R2 so much (The co-op is the main reason when you get 6 people together) that it makes me want to buy RR to get more Resistance.

I have been raping people online with the Wraith lately. There was a glitch last night were are game just kept going and going in competitive and my team of 3 beat a team of 6. Me and some other guy on my team both had over 100 kills in the game, it was crazy. I only died like 54 times too.
After getting ttotally raped the first 2 weeks I had the game, I am now tops in many of the games I play in now thanks to the wraith. The shield on that gun saves me so many times its insane. Most of the times I die is because I am reloading, hit by a sniper, hit by a grenade, or overwhelmed by a whole team.

I absolutely hate the Wraith. It's cheap as fuck. They seriously need to adjust it or something because it's really annoying.

They need to fix the party system. I've been in a party and it has split us up so many times. We end up in different squads that you can't change. What's the point of playing in a party if you can't even talk to the people you're in the party with?

[quote name='Blackout']I absolutely hate the Wraith. It's cheap as fuck. They seriously need to adjust it or something because it's really annoying.

They need to fix the party system. I've been in a party and it has split us up so many times. We end up in different squads that you can't change. What's the point of playing in a party if you can't even talk to the people you're in the party with?[/QUOTE]When I'm playing with more than 5 people, the party splits in competitive (because Squads are 5 people). From what I played, the only main issue I have with the party is every once in a while, it gets screwy (where I heard a small buzzing noise), one slot appears, and can't hear anyone. I just re-invite everyone and its fine. Outside of that, I rarely have issues with co-op separating the party, except one person I know struggles to connect to us (everyone else is fine), but I believe it's more so on his end if he's the only one (unless someone pressed circle).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']When I'm playing with more than 5 people, the party splits in competitive (because Squads are 5 people). From what I played, the only main issue I have with the party is every once in a while, it gets screwy (where I heard a small buzzing noise), one slot appears, and can't hear anyone. I just re-invite everyone and its fine. Outside of that, I rarely have issues with co-op separating the party, except one person I know struggles to connect to us (everyone else is fine), but I believe it's more so on his end if he's the only one (unless someone pressed circle).[/quote]

My friend told me in the beta you could switch squads. Why did they take that out? In R1 you could switch squads easily and it was pretty helpful in the team games. There's only two people in my party (myself and my friend). Last night, we must have got split up over ten times. It's not our connection either. It's really annoying.

Well I just got this game kind of for trading but I ended up popping it in b/c I enjoyed FOM SP. So now I'm going through it and it's really enjoyable. I'm excited to try out the Co-op 8 player but I'm afraid b/c I'm a total noob in the aspect. I just read an FAQ though on it. Guess if I get together with some of you guys it'll be easier =)

if anyone plans on R2 tonight, let me know I'll prob be on after the playoff game.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Well I just got this game kind of for trading but I ended up popping it in b/c I enjoyed FOM SP. So now I'm going through it and it's really enjoyable. I'm excited to try out the Co-op 8 player but I'm afraid b/c I'm a total noob in the aspect. I just read an FAQ though on it. Guess if I get together with some of you guys it'll be easier =)

if anyone plans on R2 tonight, let me know I'll prob be on after the playoff game.[/QUOTE]If I don't play Buzz tonight (which probably will still occur though), I'll be in for playing R2 online.

Coop is fun, played a few rounds. I enjoy it, it does as TMK put feels like an MMO almost, or at the very least like Phantasy Star or something. Anyway wassup w/ no one having a mic? I hope the CAG nights ppl have mics. It takes away from the coop element. Fine w competitive but coop it's a funner to be able to communicate.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Coop is fun, played a few rounds. I enjoy it, it does as TMK put feels like an MMO almost, or at the very least like Phantasy Star or something. Anyway wassup w/ no one having a mic? I hope the CAG nights ppl have mics. It takes away from the coop element. Fine w competitive but coop it's a funner to be able to communicate.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'd say 60% of the time when I get into a co-op match, no one has a mic. Thankfully with CAG games, most everyone has a mic on (especially me).

If you can be around on Wednesday night, I will be there.

I doubt I'll be around Wed. night, got to keep up in class since I let down this weekend haha we'll see though. I like to get on late late, so I guess it helps I'm on EST.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/23/resistance-2-patch-140-details/

A new patch is coming:

If you played Resistance: Fall of Man, you know that Insomniac continually looked for ways to improve the online experience, even several months after the game’s release. We’re taking the same approach with Resistance 2, as patch 1.40 will be available for download on Monday, January 26 (you’ll automatically receive the download prompt the next time you play the game). The patch addresses several areas, including:

Multiplayer Progression

Some people have seen their competitive and/or cooperative characters reset to level 1. For several of those cases, this patch will not only bring back all the XP, stats, and attributes that you’ve lost, but it will also add to your character profile the XP/stats/attributes that you’ve earned since those levels were reset. For example, say you were a level 20 medic and after being reset to level 1, and you earned 5,000 XP. Thanks to the patch, you’ll return a level 20 medic and that 5,000 XP will be added to your profile.

This patch will also correct some medal and trophy issues, including the “Killing Machine” trophy (if you’ve already accumulated 10,000 kills but haven’t received this trophy, it’ll pop up as soon as you download the patch).

Here are some additional patch 1.40 details:

Trophy/Medal/Ribbons

• “Salute Me” trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)
  • “Berserker” trophy can be collected during non-ranked games
  • “Survivor” medal can be collected in cooperative games
  • “Sure Shot” ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%
Clans

• Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags
  • Default clan region is now USA
Match Balancing

• Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started
  • Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games
Competitive

• Loadouts can be disabled in the “Create Game” screen in competitive games
  • Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games
  • Core Control scoreboard displays “Kills”
  • Improved scoreboard formatting
Cooperative

• Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games
  • Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games
  • Small ammo pickups don’t give LAARK ammo in cooperative games
Weapons/Gameplay

• Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it
  • Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy
  • Fire is easier to shake off
  • Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack
Miscellaneous

• Localized text updates
  • Network message optimizations
  • EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish
Now you may be asking, “But what about adding the option to save the second player’s character progress?” Truth be told, it required a certain PS3 firmware that wasn’t available at the time of Resistance 2’s release. We now have that firmware and are currently working to implement the feature. As soon as it’s ready, we’ll get it out to you.

holy shit i didnt know that you could join a single player deathmatch! you could take turns killing each other like the gta iv shennigans. 10k trophies faster. anyone want to give it try?

wotcher

Competitive

• Loadouts can be disabled in the “Create Game” screen in competitive games
Cooperative

• Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games
  • Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games
  • Small ammo pickups don’t give LAARK ammo in cooperative games
Awesome, the Stalker can finally move! I wonder what the numbers will be for the Medic's gained XP. It might end up being a good thing. During one match I got about 75,000 EXP whereas everyone else was only around 25,000! All I did was heal and stuff. It sure was strange.

I barely played Competitive, but I wonder what disabled Loadouts can mean. If the option is enabled, will that mean everyone starts off with the pistol and you'll have to hunt for the other weapons? Sounds interesting if that's what it means.

The patch looks good. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it fixes the party bugs.

[quote name='Blackout']The patch looks good. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it fixes the party bugs.[/QUOTE]That reminds me, the one bug I sometimes have in party (the only bug) is when someone leaves, it sometimes takes a while and there's a hole in the party (and it makes a buzzing noise). I normally just have to re-invite everyone. I am glad the party at least sticks together (unlike CoD4, not sure if WaW fixed it).

Sounds like someone should give Darknyss the heads up, maybe he'll want to play it again ;)

Also, it's about damn time a patch came around, and I still want the party system to be refined. For example, give us the ability to join a person's party or invite them to ours from the scoreboard results page after a co-op/competitive game. From my knowledge, you can only do this on the loadout screen before a game, but never after :mad:
Also some of the weird things that can happen, like the party list is empty but shows you have 5 people AND you can still hear them too, or all of a sudden you can hear yourself and not the other person/people.
It's one of the things that annoyed me, and I'm just glad to see the team balance get some attention, the stalker get movement, and players now taking damage from splash damage from a pulse cannon.

Can't wait to see the walker move. There are few spots I know right now where you can sit out of its sights and tear it apart. Not proud of myself for doing it but hey... that is why they have patches right? ;)

Saw the Orick Stalker move around, but it just stopped at the ramp. The Stalker in Bracknell, I think, had room to move and caused a lot of deaths. Nice and challenging for that one. :)

The patch really changed things for medics. It takes forever to earn enough for the Ring of Life to reload down that the XP you earn has changed. That is one thing I was wondering about before. So instead of standing out and recharging looks like I'll be sitting back healing people... I think its time to move on to spec ops lol.

[quote name='Richlough']Anyone still play this game now that KZ2 is out ?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing? Just because if not I think I might trade it or sell it off.

I let my son play this yesterday and he had no problem finding 8 player co-op matches. Not sure about the competitive mode. Overall I think thsi game just edges out Killzone 2 in terms of value and fun.

I haven't played this much since it first came out and put it in last night. The graphics are so good. It's definitely under-rated.

Playing this now for the first time. Never played R1 so i'm totally lost with the story, but love the huge set pieces. It does get a little boring though in singe player, but the set pieces are nice (how long is the game btw? I just
blew up their ship
)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Playing this now for the first time. Never played R1 so i'm totally lost with the story, but love the huge set pieces. It does get a little boring though in singe player, but the set pieces are nice (how long is the game btw? I just
blew up their ship
)[/QUOTE]

IG did a pretty good synposis at the beginning of r2 for the r2 storyline. basically, alternate ww2 world didn't happen because the aliens invaded. conquered europe despite having you as the badass american nathan hale to stop them (or not stop them). now they're coming to america.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, in the Resistance universe, WWII doesn't happen, because the Treaty of Versailles was not as crippling to Germany, and after the war, Europe unites in economic prosperity. Thus, Hitler never rises to power.

Finished it today.

Ending was cool, when you get the super powers. The game had some high points but alot of it was frustrating. 7/10 i'd give it if I was judging solely on single player

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I let my son play this yesterday and he had no problem finding 8 player co-op matches. Not sure about the competitive mode. Overall I think thsi game just edges out Killzone 2 in terms of value and fun.[/QUOTE]

Sad to say, but I think this too. I sold my R2 in anticipation of KZ2, but R2's coop is amazing now I think about it. The MMO style was awesome and I actually beat the SP. I'm only afew hours in KZ2 and I don't want to continue and I've only played an hour of the MP lol. Sigh maybe I should trade back for R2.

I have my hopes thanks to "and what's to come." Sounds like more than just maps. It would be great if they added more enemies, weapons, classes...whatever...to the co-op. I really, really loved the co-op for this game and played the absolute hell out of it. I really hope they add something new to get me back into it.

Here's the details on the R2 DLC releasing this week, March 26th.

What's included:
Superhuman mode for Co-op (No auto-revive, more xp)
New maps (smaller scale)
Skins available for purchase (some chick, Ravager, cloven)
Ability to create pw protected games
Ability to play with 2 PSN accounts on same machine (Doesn't this mean there will be a FW update???)

The map pack is $5.99. Skins are $.99 each.

No mention of a level cap raise :cry:

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Finished it today.

Ending was cool, when you get the super powers. The game had some high points but alot of it was frustrating. 7/10 i'd give it if I was judging solely on single player
[/QUOTE]I personally give single player around an 8-9, but what makes me really love R2 is the co-op. Single player was just a small piece of it.

I actually found single player to be easy. :p

bread's done
Back