Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='Blackout']Is there seriously no one playing this game?? Every time I play online with a friend, the most people in the game is ten. What ever happened to those promised massive games? The rooms barely fill up. What is going on?[/quote]

When do you go on? I'm looking right now, and there are about 35 custom games going on. About ten of those are 60 player rooms, and each of those have at least 45 players. This, of course, isn't even counting all the players playing ranked games.

Personally, I prefer the small and medium sized matches. The 60 player battles just become a mess, and you die every other second.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']When do you go on? I'm looking right now, and there are about 35 custom games going on. About ten of those are 60 player rooms, and each of those have at least 45 players. This, of course, isn't even counting all the players playing ranked games.

Personally, I prefer the small and medium sized matches. The 60 player battles just become a mess, and you die every other second.[/quote]

I go on at night. I don't play cutsom games. I only do ranked. Besides the search function for ranked games being totally screwed up, when I do find a game, the games have at max maybe close to 15 people.

Well, the size of the ranked game really doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of people on. It seems completely random. I've gotten a 10 player game, and then after that, a 40 player game. Like I said, there are hundreds of people playing custom games, so there are certainly people playing.

I usually get 10-20 people in each ranked game but sometimes the occasional 30-40, but I only like to do TDM. In my latest Deathmatch, there were 18 people.

The highest # of people I've ever seen in a ranked game was 45.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Does anybody ever want to get a party together for competitive? I am seriously sick and tired of playing with a bunch of idiots against 20 clan douches.[/quote]

Let's try to get a squad of about 4 together. I should be good for Tuesday night, maybe Monday night too.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, the size of the ranked game really doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of people on. It seems completely random. I've gotten a 10 player game, and then after that, a 40 player game. Like I said, there are hundreds of people playing custom games, so there are certainly people playing.[/quote]

I haven't gotten even 20 people in any of my games. Never. I have no idea why. It really sucks. I don't like custom games. I didn't like them in R1 either.

I don't like custom games, either. The first custom game I playing in R1 had unlimited ammo, so everyone was just tossing grenades the whole game. Considering you don't get any XP for playing them, anyway, I have almost completely avoided them.

wish - if everything was ranked, then all these problems would be solved.

blackout - theres tons of 40+ matches in the unranked games. But i totally agree with you. why bother. but i have found that the most populated TDM matches are on fri/sat night. hopefully, it'll get better on Christmas with more people.

im in for competitive. still need a few more thousands to reach 10k. sometimes it is good is your team is outnumbered because you have more people to kill. and at others it just sucks.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't like custom games, either. The first custom game I playing in R1 had unlimited ammo, so everyone was just tossing grenades the whole game. Considering you don't get any XP for playing them, anyway, I have almost completely avoided them.[/quote]

Exactly. They're filled with one hit kills, unlimited ammo, unlimited time, etc. You get no XP so I don't even play them.

[quote name='enufs8d']bigdaddybruce44 - ive been meaning to ask... are you going to re-read "it" before the movie comes out?[/quote]

I usually check out some of my favorites...Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come...every once and awhile, so I will more than likely give it another read. Also, I am currently watching the animated comic that is available on PSN, XBL, and iTunes.

[quote name='Blackout']Exactly. They're filled with one hit kills, unlimited ammo, unlimited time, etc. You get no XP so I don't even play them.[/quote]

Yeah, quite stupid all around. As some of us were discussing earlier, it makes zero sense that they didn't allow us to make ranked custom games, where you only have the options for maps, players, and the such.

Yeesh, just got done with a 2 on 5 core control game, I was on the 2 and my partner happened to have a Supreme Commander ranking. We were able to make it a tie in the first game 0-0, but they got smart and just overran us in the second game. I REALLY hate this "no auto balancing" crap.

Wraith is a really good defensive weapon!

Yeah, the lack of auto-balancing is completely uncalled for. Some times, you can get away with being down a couple of guys, if the other team really blows. But like you said, all it takes is a little smarts. No matter how good you are, you simply can't kill three guys at once with a normal gun, not with how much damage it takes to kill someone in this game.

And yes, the Wraith is a sick defensive weapon. I love checking out the radar, seeing three guys heading towards a choke point, and just unleashing a flurry of bullets.

Yea, but you can usually kill a guy pretty quickly if your aim is good enough. I've been put down by the Carbine in 2-3 seconds consistently by good players, but the fact that they've limited it's range now makes it a little less reliable. According to Insomniac, they did that for the sake of sort of "forcing" players to use other guns, since they knew in R1 that the Carbine was ALWAYS the gun of choice, besides the LARK of course.

My fav berserk is invisibility, it helps so much to get behind enemy lines and just start taking them out, but overload is pretty good when you're screwed anyways.

Grey Tech is starting to annoy me. It was poorly implemented in my opinion. I've been playing Orick over and over to save up for my last two medic upgrades. I've already hit 30 and starting working on my soldier so I might not even purchase them at this point.

It serves no real purpose and sucks that 5 out of the 6 maps give crappy amounts.

There's an update for Resistance 2 up now, it's a 26MB file.

So far, no one knows what it does, so people are just assuming it's either small bug fixes or patch for European release.

Edit: Just started skimming through everything, you can now view people's profiles on the leaderboards, before it used to display "Account does not exist", but Stats/Emblem are still buggy and network issues are still existent, got booted from the first ranked competitive match I joined with a network error...and I just got booted in the middle of the second game I was in >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
So I explored online a little more today and it was mixed. Limiting exp to ranked seems fine, except that they force you into a random game. I played about five matches and all five had ten people in them. I want to play these large 40/60 player matches that I had so much fun with in the beta but it seems like a waste of time because I'm not earning anything for it. Co-op on the other hand was pretty cool. I managed to get through a few matches where everybody played smart and hung back but there were a few times I wished everyone had a mic. I definitely like medic but it's going to take a long god damn time to get those gray techs.

I tend to mix up coop with competitive so I don't just play one mode out, and I'll succumb to skirmish and core control for a different taste.
Once I get the 10k kill trophy, I'll be done with the trophy hunt :D

[quote name='Zyzomys']I am usually on around 10 pm. Shini is always on. I am sure if you check right now, he is playing. :)[/quote]
heh heh heh, sometimes I just leave the game on, so I'm not always playing :p. Btw, my rank is at level 38 and rising! Yesterday I almost dropped a 40 bomb twice, had to continually carry my team and went 39-5 and 37-3 on a 3v4

Marksman is the new carbine, and with prototype ammo, it's unstoppable ;)

This game is not working...I ordered it from Amazon and it just arrived today, but when I press new game and select difficulty, it freezes...also the menu music seems to repeat itself over and over...when I try to play an online match it starts loading and then continues forever. Is this possibly because of the update that installed when I first booted up the game or is it because of the disc itself? I really don't want to have to ship it all the way back to Amazon and then have them ship a replacement to me.

As soon as you let Amazon know there is something wrong with your game, they will ship a new one out. As long as they get back the original one, you won't be changed anything extra. So, you won't have to wait too long for another copy.

yeah I deleted all of the data from my hard-drive and re-downloaded the update, works now...mostly. I still had a problem where the game froze while loading the second chapter but other than that it's all good.

I think the patch fixed the online problems with finding games. I'm finding games faster and I'm actually able to search for Core, etc. Before I could only put All. The rooms are full too.

And WTF is up with this one hit kill crap where you just explode? It's seriously annoying. I just played a game where that's all the other team used.

Yeah, the Overload berserk can be quite annoying, but it's also very, very satisfying when you kill them before they able to do any real damage. It's a complete waste of a berserk.

are there any deals on this game? I read somewhere that there was supposed to be one tomorrow online. I can't find the link though.

Just venting but what's really starting to piss me off in competitive is people GETTING IN THE WAY and the spawn points. I mean, I'm about to snipe someone in the head, put the finishing blow, move from a grenade, and a teammate gets in my way, or I'll spawn and be killed by a grenade the next second or be flanked.

Wow. Co-op takes way too damn long. I'm on the California level playing with 4 other people. It took us one whole hour to beat just one mission. I would have thrown my T.V. out the window if we would have lost at the last stretch. These missions are just way too long, and with no checkpoints.....Jesus.:bomb:

[quote name='Blackout']Wow. Co-op takes way too damn long. I'm on the California level playing with 4 other people. It took us one whole hour to beat just one mission. I would have thrown my T.V. out the window if we would have lost at the last stretch. These missions are just way too long, and with no checkpoints.....Jesus.:bomb:[/quote]

You prolly got in a team with very little experienced players. I know when I've played with pugs and CAGs they went fairly quickly.

[quote name='Psykodelik']You prolly got in a team with very little experienced players. I know when I've played with pugs and CAGs they went fairly quickly.[/quote]

Experience as in the characters or that we suck ass at the game? I was playing with friends. I don't see how the mission can go quickly when you have to fight like 5 titans that take forever to go down, then run and hit some switches and repeat the process.

I didn't mean it as you sucking ass and I assumed you played a pug group. My fault for not asking. I meant to say as in playing experience and/or player character levels.

[quote name='Psykodelik']I didn't mean it as you sucking ass and I assumed you played a pug group. My fault for not asking. I meant to say as in playing experience and/or player character levels.[/quote]

I'm level 7 solider, so is my other friend who is soldier. We got a medic who's I think level 10, and the ammo dude who is maybe level 5. It took us FOREVER. We breezed through the Chicago levels though once we got a hang of those.

Some co-op missions can take an hour or long, even with a good group and some just take half an hour or less. I think I had my fill of this game. It was fun while it lasted but I just don't care too much for the online mp.

I'm getting close to maxing out all three, all I need is the 10k trophy and I'm done, I'm around 3k right now so it's still a long way O_O

It finally came :whee:

I will be playing co-op a lot. It's even better than the beta, lots of cool enemies. Although medics still get way too much experience.

[quote name='happy']It finally came :whee:

I will be playing co-op a lot. It's even better than the beta, lots of cool enemies. Although medics still get way too much experience.[/quote]

Yeah they do. It seems soldiers barely get any compared to medics.

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah they do. It seems soldiers barely get any compared to medics.[/quote]
Soldiers can get really good xp, it just requires a lot leveling. They are relatively weak until level 14+. Once they have backlash and the wraith upgrade the xp starts piling up.

Playing soldier can be frustrating at times since they are so reliant on other classes. I've run into more spec ops that don't toss ammo and medics who don't know what the R2 button does in the past week than ever!

Add the fact that network errors have occured in just about evey play session recently. My enjoyment in the game has been really up and down as of late.

Last night I had one game with a great soldier and spec ops. between the two of them the shield was up pretty much the whole time, I hardly had any opportunities to heal anyone. I also haven't had any network issues.

How do you join the large 60 person matches, I went into one set the thing for large and skirmish and ended up with a 10 person deathmatch. I was hoping for some of the 60 man squad-based stuff just to try it out.

bread's done
Back