Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='happy']Last night I had one game with a great soldier and spec ops. between the two of them the shield was up pretty much the whole time, I hardly had any opportunities to heal anyone. I also haven't had any network issues.

How do you join the large 60 person matches, I went into one set the thing for large and skirmish and ended up with a 10 person deathmatch. I was hoping for some of the 60 man squad-based stuff just to try it out.[/QUOTE]The match making is a little funky. I try for a small TDM, and it throws me into a large one.

Same thing with me, and I've had a lot of 60-man TDM's, but most of it consists of people gathering and fighting on opposite ends of chokepoints, so I prefer smaller TDM's where I can fill up on more kills

I'll just ease up behind the enemy and take pot shots with the sniper rifle, until a higher ranked enemy catches on and rushes me, then everyone else follows O_O

What I'm glad about in Co-op is that enemies drop ammo packs, it really helps when your spec-ops is busy doing his own thing and doesn't bother to throw out ammo til' after the fight.

Soldiers start outranking Medics at level 24 I would say. This is the time when you get more damafe xp for every hit on an enemy. It also help having Backlash up to take on swarms of enemies at one.

Before level 25 I was always in third place to a low ranked medic. Now after level 24 I started taking 1st place with 30,000-40,000 xp per round.

I sweep the ground with my carnage now. I am at level 30 but am a 100 grey tech short of the last upgrade.

I was able to afford all upgrades as they occur, but at level 30 I couldnt collect enough to upgrade in time.

How does the grey tech work? Is it just the big enemies drop some for everyone, do you get more for getting the final shot? I normally get one, but once I got 3. Is that because I killed the thing (I don't know if I did) or because it was a bigger enemy?

[quote name='happy']How does the grey tech work? Is it just the big enemies drop some for everyone, do you get more for getting the final shot? I normally get one, but once I got 3. Is that because I killed the thing (I don't know if I did) or because it was a bigger enemy?[/QUOTE]

I *think* it has to do with the enemy size/rank/strength whatever. I think they can give 1/3/5 grey tech and I think you have to be umm "within the vicinity" to get the tech - whatever that means. Maybe somebody on here can give a better answer though. I am a level 24 medic and don't have near enough tech to upgrade to the level 24 whateveritis - a vest or something like that - so that's a little frustrating.

There's a preset amount of graytech each enemy will drop, it never changes.

I had the sickest sniper shot in competitive this morning, a guy when straight up on those air platforms and I sniped him as he went up right in the back of the head.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There's a preset amount of graytech each enemy will drop, it never changes.

I had the sickest sniper shot in competitive this morning, a guy when straight up on those air platforms and I sniped him as he went up right in the back of the head.[/quote]
youtube or it didn't happen :lol:

[quote name='Sarrasis']youtube or it didn't happen :lol:[/quote]
Dude I wish I had recorded it!

Any idea of how to record gameplay conveniently? Btw, I was playing a co-op game, a car exploded but it didn't hurt me, the car falling down on me did, smashed me right through the map :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sarrasis']Soldiers can get really good xp, it just requires a lot leveling. They are relatively weak until level 14+. Once they have backlash and the wraith upgrade the xp starts piling up.

Playing soldier can be frustrating at times since they are so reliant on other classes. I've run into more spec ops that don't toss ammo and medics who don't know what the R2 button does in the past week than ever!

Add the fact that network errors have occured in just about evey play session recently. My enjoyment in the game has been really up and down as of late.[/quote]

I guess that explains it. I'm always in last place. The medic on my team always gets a shitload more XP than I do. I only play with friends so I don't have any game problems, but my Solider sucks right now. I can't wait to level up. I'm only about level 8 now.

You know, I haven't really noticed any difference in damage with the titanium barrels, or is it just a discreet boost in attack power ?:/

I've also become addicted to the Fareye, hearing the squishy headshot sound is satisfying

This is what I'm guessing will be the last Full Moon Show of the year before they start the show up again for the next Ratchet & Clank, but is their first video podcast as they might start doing them regularly for the next season. They are at the midnight launch at the Metreon with an appearance by Ted Price, who also gets a nice surprise from Sony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5jqHKlgCY

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You know, I haven't really noticed any difference in damage with the titanium barrels, or is it just a discreet boost in attack power ?:/

I've also become addicted to the Fareye, hearing the squishy headshot sound is satisfying[/quote]

That didnt help me either in gaining xp. The Precision Scope however is the one that increases xp by 2 times.

[quote name='Breakpoint']That didnt help me either in gaining xp. The Precision Scope however is the one that increases xp by 2 times.[/quote]
I think I read somewhere that the upgrade effects were switched, the titanium barrels increased accuracy and range, and the precision scope increased damage, and that this was something they were working on to fix as well.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the perks idea for R2. I know every game nowadays has to be like COD4, but I feel it takes away from the online. In R1, if you sucked balls, you either used toe LAARK or the Shotgun constantly, and that could easily be dealt with. In R2, I really can't dodge this one hit kill bull or any of that. I mean, really? It's the most annoying thing ever. It seems like certain things do way too much damage. I wish they wouldn't have bothered with the whole perk system.

I have some cash left over from this weekends shopping, is this worth the buy? I would check out metacritic, but latley I haven't been able to trust the site seeing as how I end up loving games with extremley low review scores.

i like r2 more than socom though socom is fun.
r2 has a campaign and a co-op mode that socom does not.
unless you need a headset id buy r2.

I just finished the R2 campaign. The last 3 stages or so (starting with Chicago) got really good. I really like how they do the weapons, I found myself frequently debating if I should switch, which almost never happened in halo.

A warning: my spoilers deal with the end, i kept them vague but if in doubt don't click
in the area leading up to the final fight where you have minibattles with him a few times I carried the wraith, dropped it for a bullseye to shoot him, then switched back to the wraith to go to the next area where I got another bullseye. I used my fareye to kill everything in between

I never played R1, but it seems like they just wanted to make halo, and they did pretty well. I think the halo 1 campaign was the most fun I've had playing a FPS story mode (possbly because online play wasn't as easy so we had to play the campaign over and over), and this came pretty close.
The end when you're running away was like a messed up version of the final warthog drive in halo 1

[quote name='lobitoh']I was wondering if R2 can be played in co-op campaign in story mode as in R1???
how do you set it up??[/quote]

Nope they didn't support that feature this time around, so there is no way to make it happen.

[quote name='Blackout']Anyone get 10,000 kills in competitive yet?[/quote]

Not yet..shini is close though he has a little over 8.4 kills. If anything I might be a distant 2nd..4.45k for me.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Not yet..shini is close though he has a little over 8.4 kills. If anything I might be a distant 2nd..4.45k for me.[/QUOTE]

im slowly catching up to you. lol. all of a sudden, it clicked. and i went from 10 kills a round to 20/30/40.

I know I am little late to the party but I am trying to plow through the single player but it is so damn frustrating. The single player feels like a lot of trial and error. I have to constantly replay areas until I can figure out a way to get past it.

I know this may be due to my own suckage but I have never found myself replaying scenarios as much as I have with resistance. It is sapping all the fun out of the game that I am wondering why the hell am I playing it?

[quote name='ivanctorres']I know I am little late to the party but I am trying to plow through the single player but it is so damn frustrating. The single player feels like a lot of trial and error. I have to constantly replay areas until I can figure out a way to get past it.

I know this may be due to my own suckage but I have never found myself replaying scenarios as much as I have with resistance. It is sapping all the fun out of the game that I am wondering why the hell am I playing it?[/QUOTE]Single player was freaking easy for me. There were a few hard parts, but it wasn't too bad. Hardcore on the other hand is crazy difficult.

However, it's true that those people use to a game like Gears 2, found R2 very difficult. Still, I absolutely loved the single player and was the best experience I ever had with an FPS (in single player).

[quote name='ivanctorres']I know I am little late to the party but I am trying to plow through the single player but it is so damn frustrating. The single player feels like a lot of trial and error. I have to constantly replay areas until I can figure out a way to get past it.

I know this may be due to my own suckage but I have never found myself replaying scenarios as much as I have with resistance. It is sapping all the fun out of the game that I am wondering why the hell am I playing it?[/quote]

There are a few frustrating points, but I think it's worth it to persevere.

I know this may be due to my own suckage but I have never found myself replaying scenarios as much as I have with resistance. It is sapping all the fun out of the game that I am wondering why the hell am I playing it?[/QUOTE]

save sniper amino especially since you can take out ravagers in one hit. remember to switch out weapons if you're going to pick up a new one. for example, if you used up the two 40s on the carabine and see another carabine. don't pick it up. pick up another weapon (probably a bullseye) and then drop weapon/pick up carabine. otherwise, you wont get the two 40mns.

hey everybody, this is sort of a noob question. how do you unlock superhuman difficulty? do you have to beat it on hard or on arcade difficulty? according to ign, you have to beat it on arcade, but which difficulty? and according to gamefaqs, you have to beat it on difficult to unlock superhuman. anybody know the truth?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Single player was freaking easy for me. There were a few hard parts, but it wasn't too bad. Hardcore on the other hand is crazy difficult.

However, it's true that those people use to a game like Gears 2, found R2 very difficult. Still, I absolutely loved the single player and was the best experience I ever had with an FPS (in single player).[/QUOTE]

Did you play Call of Duty 4? I think that is leaps and bounds a better single player FPS experience than Resistance. I'd also argue that Halo 3 is better than Resistance.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']hey everybody, this is sort of a noob question. how do you unlock superhuman difficulty? do you have to beat it on hard or on arcade difficulty? according to ign, you have to beat it on arcade, but which difficulty? and according to gamefaqs, you have to beat it on difficult to unlock superhuman. anybody know the truth?[/QUOTE]
You have to beat it on hard to unlock superhuman. SH isn't that much more different than hard... It may actually be easier since the enemies use the mark II instead of the regular bullsyeye.

and it doesnt matter if you play arcade or not. i went through hard on regular (nonarcade) and unlocked superhuman.

I'm around 9.2 K right now, gettin pretty damn close now -_-

I won't be on CAG much since I can't easily access a computer for awhile, so Mana will probably have to remind everyone, but I still play regularly

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Woo Hoo!!! Just got the 10k and platinum trophy :D

Only took me 1 1/2 months lol[/QUOTE]

I believed we already talked about this over PS3 messages lol

Only took me 1 1/2 months lol[/QUOTE]

congrats!

I'm still plowing through the game and it is getting better but I still get stuck at certain checkpoints but I am having fun with it. I'm on Chapter 6 now and there is a set piece where everyone bum rushes you from two hallways. I stopped at this point and decided to go to the gym but ill get back to it tonite or tomorrow.
I also tried the MP but wasn't wowed by it. I don't think it will replaced COD:WaW for me.

Only took me 1 1/2 months lol[/quote]

You are a beast. What's your total online hours?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']This game is all kinds of awesome.

Friend request me for some Co-op or competitive if you want to play. I'm usually online playing co-op. Get at me.[/QUOTE]Come to one of our CAG nights sometime. :D We have a thread for it below.

bread's done
Back