Retail Employee Stories Part 6: The Life & Tragedies Of GrilledWitOnions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a cashier in a grocery store. The location I work at currently is right between a small liberal arts college and a major university, so we get a lot of out of state kids looking to by alcohol on Sunday (illegal in Georgia).

I was just beginning to ring up a couple when a a kid came up behind me, and asked very politely what the deal was with us not selling alcohol on Sundays. I explained that it was a state law, and it includes beer, wine and liquor. He left, and that was that.

Until, of course, the husband of the couple I was ringing called him douchebag. A huge douchebag. A rude douchebag. An idiotic douchebag. The guy kept going for the next five minutes, and was still going off on the guy as they were walking out of the store. "What an idiot! A pansy! Douchebag!" It was hilarious.

[quote name='Scorch']I love when you answer the phone with something and then they ask a question that you've already answered..[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love that too. Especially during this time of year when it comes to Wii and Wii Fit. God I am really really REALLY starting to HHHAAATTTEEEEEEEE Nintendo for all this shortage bullshit. Yeah its a bit easier to find a Wii out in the wild but after three years one shouldn't need to wait for some store to have it in their Sunday ad just in hopes to even get one at all.

Who would of thought that what is an overglorified Gamecube would end up becoming one massive nightmare for retail employees? I do find it funny looking back at how many CAGs were saying "yeah I'll be able to walk into any store two weeks after launch and get one easily." :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']There actually was software that let you play PSX games on Dreamcast.. not the same thing but not completely unreasonable.[/quote]

It was called Bleemcast btw. The company made three discs supporting MSG, Tekken 3, and Gran Turismo 2. A bit more info can be found @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem

[quote name='Demolition Man']

Who would of thought that what is an overglorified Gamecube would end up becoming one massive nightmare for retail employees? I do find it funny looking back at how many CAGs were saying "yeah I'll be able to walk into any store two weeks after launch and get one easily." :lol:
[/quote]

Actually, it wasn't two weeks after launch, but rather about a month ago that I walked into a random Gamestop with almost $400 in credit and bought a Wii with no problems.

So yeah, it CAN happen where you just stroll in and find one without having to scour the planet for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, it wasn't two weeks after launch, but rather about a month ago that I walked into a random Gamestop with almost $400 in credit and bought a Wii with no problems.

So yeah, it CAN happen where you just stroll in and find one without having to scour the planet for it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that couldn't happen. I said I find it funny how many assumed one could find it easily two weeks after launch.... yet three years later the endless asking of "do you have any Wiis" continues.

[quote name='Birakon']I work at walmart (im a cashier up front now, but at the time this happenned I was a sales associate in lawn and garden) anyway we had plenty of help on this day except the door greeter for lawn and garden didn't show up, so my manger told me to sit by the door and check receipts since we had more than enough help on the floor right now.

I was sitting there, checking receipts......being bored since I wasn't allowed to leave that area unless somone else took my place, and this woman comes up "where are the fucking carts?" (now this is lawn and garden, there are no carts......the carts are at the front end of the store) I say "at the front of the store, would you like me to -" she cut me off "what the hell? my mother is 80 fucking years old and she needs a cart" (keep in mind, her mother is in the door behind her with a cart saying "i've already got one" during the whole time im getting cussed at) so the lady says "go get me a cart and do your fucking job".......I said "im not allowed to leave this area, let me get somone" I stood up and she got in my face "go get me a god damn cart" at this point my co worker came up and asked what was going on, she said "i asked this prick 5 times to get me a cart and he wont".

My co worker kept saying that i wasn't allowed to leave the area, anyway while my co worker is talking to her, I go inside to tell the cashier to call management because we have to do this to cover ourselves, I went in and I told the cashier that there was this crazy woman cussing out me and (insert co workers name) because there were no carts, at that point the ladies mother starts cussing me out for calling her daughter crazy, I walk away from her without dignifying it with a response and go back outside where I tell the lady ill get her a cart, I start walking out into the parking lot to look for one and the lady says "HELLO ITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR fuckING FACE" i looked back at her and she was pointing way to the far left behind a car out of my view.....LOL

anyway I walk towards it and my other co worker asked me what was going on, I said this lady wants a cart.

at that point she runs out of the store pointing and screaming at me, I told her to go talk to a manager if she has a problem with me, but im not getting her a cart anymore, she said ill do that and asks me for my name, i flipped my namebadge up and she said "jeremy! haha you wait prick"

She comes back with my manager about 30 minutes later and says "HERE HE IS, THAT GUY, HE WAS SITTING RIGHT HERE, i asked him for a cart for my old mother and he wouldnt get it for me, he rolled his eyes and went to complain to his friend over there about me"

I laughed, hard and uncontrollably, it was hilarious to me how much of a lie her story was, that just made her more mad, she continued to cuss me out in front of my manager for about 5 minutes straight, ranging from "you're a lazy fucking douchebag" to "you sit there all day as a greeter, get a real fucking job, I used to be in the national guard and I would lift 600 pounds of mulch every day"

sure.

anyway the manager asked if it was true, I said nope while I was still laughing at the lady (she was so pissed) and the manager told her "ill look into it" she agreed on her craziness after she left.

oh something else that's funny, the woman said "ILL NEVER fuckING SHOP HERE AGAIN"

I seen her 2 days later in grocery,[/quote]

When I worked at Wal*Mart doing overnight stock about 10 years ago, we only got the crazy and drunk people in at around 2:30-3am. They were funny and easy to talk to. This is why I normally shy away from daytime retail, since some customers are total pricks.

You know the ones, they want what they want and they want it yesterday, like you're some sort of mind reader.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anyway.....

Long story short, I worked for a now defunct retailer(Hill's) back in the day and I was in the layaway department. So, the one night, this one guy comes to get his entertainment center he put on layaway out(one of those heavy ass O'Sullivan or Sauder ones).

He asks me to 'help him' with carryout, even though he looked like he could've handled it on his own. He then proceeds to stand there and watch me attempting to hoist the big box up over the back gate of his pickup truck and only after I managed to get it 95% of the way in the truck, does he give it one last push.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but 'helping someone with carryout' usually means the person actually HELPS the employee with the item in SOME WAY, right?

To top it all off, I didn't even get so much as a thank you from this ignorant redneck. I ended up leaving the job about a month later when they tried switching me from layaway to front register(with an undersized lovely red vest they wanted me to wear).[/quote]
Maybe he had back problems?

Someone just complained to us that we haven't pulled items that were made in China. We explained if we get a recall notice we will pull it. Doesn't she realize that 90% of stuff in almost every store is made in China?

We literally would have snacks, soda and a few select items to sell that are made in the USA.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Maybe he had back problems?[/quote]

That's 90% of the assholes around here, everybody is on fuckin' disability.

Like, case in point, one of my parent's friends' friends is gay and got disability because they 'can't work around people because they're gay'.

What kind of fucked up shit is that? People with REAL disabilities get passed over, denied or get benefits stopped, but because some $$$ can't work with people and got some quack to say so, they get it?

The guy was driving a redneck pickup truck, looked like he could've picked the damn thing up on his own without my help and he just stood there.

This is why I choose to work the overnight shift stocking anymore, so I don't HAVE to do carryout for lazy fucks who just stand there watching me.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone just complained to us that we haven't pulled items that were made in China. We explained if we get a recall notice we will pull it. Doesn't she realize that 90% of stuff in almost every store is made in China?

We literally would have snacks, soda and a few select items to sell that are made in the USA.[/quote]

I had a guy bring back tools because they were made in China.. is this some new fad going on? I mean I know people usually complain but I've seen them out in bunches lately.

Someone called yesterday adamant that their friend had Halo 2 platinum edition for his PS2. Worse yet, after explaining that it was Microsoft owned he yelled over to his friend (who was apparently in the room) who still insisted he was playing Halo on his PS2.

[quote name='JDN169']Someone called yesterday adamant that their friend had Halo 2 platinum edition for his PS2. Worse yet, after explaining that it was Microsoft owned he yelled over to his friend (who was apparently in the room) who still insisted he was playing Halo on his PS2.[/quote]

I love this kind of stuff. I was in Gamestop one time, browsing around, and these teenagers went to the counter and asked one of the employees, "Do you have Mario Strikers for the PS2?". Watching the employee explain that it was Nintendo owned property, and thus couldn't be on the PS2, was hilarious. I can forgive a middle-aged soccer mom for not knowing something like that, but if you're younger than twenty and think a Nintendo game would be on the PS2, there is only one word to describe you: dumb.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I had a guy bring back tools because they were made in China.. is this some new fad going on? I mean I know people usually complain but I've seen them out in bunches lately.[/QUOTE]

I blame it on Christmas, and fear-mongering newsfolks warning parents about the lead filled dangers of anything made in China... slowly working its way out of the toy department and into everything else.

I had a lady the other day buying stickers for her grandkid, checking if they were acid-free and/or made in China. Her daughter was apparently worried the glue would make the kid sick somehow. (I explained that acid-free just means it won't yellow over time, and the paper of the stciker itself would keep the adhesive covered. Peoples is crazy.)

Some dumbass came into my work today and wanted me to look at his 2 notebooks. The guy said he spent 5 hours trying to get his Vista machine to network with XP. I was with him for 50 minutes trying to explain to him that is was pointless to try. Within the first 5 minutes I tried to get him to buy a $30 peice of software that would work. The moron wouldn't buy it because of the moral. "It should just work! Why the fuck does Micrsoft make it so damn hard!" Then he returned the laptop which in turn made more work for me. What a douche.

[quote name='Jest']Some dumbass came into my work today and wanted me to look at his 2 notebooks. The guy said he spent 5 hours trying to get his Vista machine to network with XP. I was with him for 50 minutes trying to explain to him that is was pointless to try. Within the first 5 minutes I tried to get him to buy a $30 peice of software that would work. The moron wouldn't buy it because of the moral. "It should just work! Why the fuck does Micrsoft make it so damn hard!" Then he returned the laptop which in turn made more work for me. What a douche.[/quote]

Uh, wtf dude? Why can't his XP and Vista machines link up? I have 2 XP machines and 1 Vista on my network and they work together just fine.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Uh, wtf dude? Why can't his XP and Vista machines link up? I have 2 XP machines and 1 Vista on my network and they work together just fine.[/quote]

Maybe he's just dumb? You can't trust half the people that buy computers now a days. They think that just because they bought a $2,000 laptop that they are going to be great at doing anything on it.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Maybe he's just dumb? You can't trust half the people that buy computers now a days. They think that just because they bought a $2,000 laptop that they are going to be great at doing anything on it.[/quote]

Well yeah.. I know that but Jest made it sound like some kind of software incompatibility.

I've had networking issues with windows in general (XP to XP or to Vista), nearly every time I try. The last time I had trouble it was something very weird with my tcp/ip config. It really doesn't work as well right out of the box as it should. Perhaps Vista networks better, I don't know. I don't think I'm that bad with computers (in fact, I think I'm pretty handy with them), but microsofts simple networking usually is never as simple as it should be.

But returning the computer because it won't network? I'd work on that all night till I figured it out. I'd never give up.

Although trying to sell something to make them network, I'd probably return to give you more work for that right there. It's not fixing my problem, it's trying to get more money out of me.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']But returning the computer because it won't network? I'd work on that all night till I figured it out. I'd never give up.[/QUOTE]

The problem is while we might know how to fix networking problems.... well do you expect Joe Q. Sixpack that still clings onto Fullscreen DVDs to suddenly know let alone care what an ICP/IP is? To them it should "just work" and if it doesn't work right out of the box then its broken. Even if its a simple fix such as a quick firmware update... nope its "broke" so they will return it regardless.

I was at a Subway in a Los Angeles mall yesterday and a young white woman asked what a BLT had on it.

[quote name='jdm']I was at a Subway in a Los Angeles mall yesterday and a young white woman asked what a BLT had on it.[/quote]

... C'mon man, don't leave me in suspense! What's on it?!?!? :bomb:

LOL, funny stories here guys! The thing about wanting to return and/or not purchase Chinese made products is an everyday way of life here in Japan.
Not a week goes by that there isn't some story in the news about people getting sick or dying from Chinese foods/accessories/etc.
If you ask the average Japanese person, they will usually tell you that the Chinese are purposely trying to kill them but make it look like an accident.

So I haven't posted for a while, due to my moving to another building, and holidays just killing me, but this one really disgusted me.

A woman comes up to me and says she wants help with an item. So I go with her and ask her which item she needs help with and she brings me over to some mixer or something like that and she has one with an open top in her cart. She says to me that she wants to open them up to find a certain serial number. I ask her to repeat what she'd said as I couldn't quite believe it, "I want to find one that ends in 888". When I ask her why, she says that she just knows it'll be better. I tell her straight out that I'd only open one, and if that's not the right one, then too bad. I cut it open, find out that it isn't, and then she wants me to tape the the one that she is and isn't taking back up. I tell her too bad. There was only two people working in my department all day when it was busier then hell, pissed me off.

Oh wow... you think that lady knows this guy?

Monk.jpg

:bouncy:

I had a lady the other day come in through our automatic doors, come up to me behind the counter, nametag on and register light glowing, and ask "are you open?" :roll:

Reminds me of the people who walk up to the door with the lights out and the open sign turned off and no customers in the store with all registers shut down and think we are open, some have even asked me if they can come into shop as I am locking the door and leaving.

Not related but all day today I had people bring up Christmas merchandise and asking if it is marked down. Only selected items were reduced, everything else is being packed up for next year. People are bringing up stuff and when I ring them up at full price, they say "But it's Christmas items!" No one can read the signs that say SELECTED Christmas merchandise. Every single one of them said they didn't want the items. The other reason other stuff isn't marked down is that even with Walmart and Target at 50% off, we are still less. For example, Target has some light hooks $3.99 at 50% off now so they are $2.00. We are still less than half of the 50% off price so when Target is $2.00, why should we sell it for less than full price when we are less than them?

had another full-on B**** yesterday. Lady comes up while I'm talking with some other customers and says "I need help". As I was with the other people and didn't want to be rude, I said that when I was done I would be available to help. So when I get done she wants to look for an Atomic Mens Watch. Usually it details that on the signs so I look through all the watches on the signs and lo and behold, no atomic currently; "But you had them a couple of months ago", to which I reply "We can't carry absolutely everything we've had in the past". She then asks if that's all the watches and I reply that that is all the watches I know about yes, say sorry I coudn't find one and walk away to help more people. I was help wrapping up a display item with a coworker and that same lady comes back up and asks if there's anyone to help in the jewelry. I reply that it's only us two right now and we're finishing up. B**** comments "well, I don't want help from him, he said that all the watches he had were in the case, and I found this watch over there near the phones". My Coworker pipes up for me and says that we all make mistakes and the customer asks my coworker if we have any atomic watches as if I weren't there.

a customer came through my line the other day with like 30 material bags (im not even sure what they are made of? not paper/plastic.)

wanted me to bag all of her 500 dollars worth of items in them (which I had to do) because she said "I don't want to use plastic bags, i wanna save trees"

the funniest part of this? she brought her grocery items up in those brown paper bags they keep in frozen foods to keep your food cold while you shop (wich she had me discard for her)

DAMN THE PAPER, SAVE THE PLASTIC - SAVE THE TREES!

[quote name='sonderiaom'] My Coworker pipes up for me and says that we all make mistakes and the customer asks my coworker if we have any atomic watches as if I weren't there.[/QUOTE]

I hate when that happens. Last week someone asked me if we had iron on patches, I knew right away we didn't and said no. He then asks another employee who asks me since she didn't know and the customer said, "I already asked him but I didn't think he knew what I was asking about" Just because I say right away we don't have an item doesn't mean I don't know or don't feel like helping the customer (they sometimes think that as well). I just don't want to waste time looking for something I know we don't have and never had.

[quote name='sonderiaom']
And there was a guy that wasn't stupid, just rude in what he did. I was trying to explain all the details on a tv, and for some reason, one of the details slipped my mind. Right after I'd said something to the affect that "I knew it but it's on the tip of my toungue" he smacks me in the back of the head. My reflex was to smack him back in the face or so, but held back because probably wouldn't've been good for my job.[/QUOTE]

Now I would have clocked him in the face.

I hate hate HATE being slapped in the back of the head.

[quote name='Birakon']a customer came through my line the other day with like 30 material bags (im not even sure what they are made of? not paper/plastic.)

wanted me to bag all of her 500 dollars worth of items in them (which I had to do) because she said "I don't want to use plastic bags, i wanna save trees"

the funniest part of this? she brought her grocery items up in those brown paper bags they keep in frozen foods to keep your food cold while you shop (wich she had me discard for her)

DAMN THE PAPER, SAVE THE PLASTIC - SAVE THE TREES![/quote]
I hate when customers do that. I work as a grocery store cashier at Publix and a lot of people don't care about wasting bags, like using double paper bags, double plastic bags, a paper bag in a plastic bag, etc. I just love it when I get comments like keeping the cold items with the cold items and so on.

I think more people should use re-useable bags because all I hear nowadays is "onoes I forgot my bags" at least 10 times a day.

When using a paper bag vs plastic causes are large effect on our environment, that'll be the day.

Seriously, office companies use more paper in a day that grocery stores do in a months. You should see the paper that HOSPITALS go through with patient charts. Seriously.

On the other end of the spectrum though, we have a woman at the Simi Valley Best Buy named "Darla" who enjoys her job WAY too much. I was there to return a PSP one day, and I was walking through the aisles with one of the personal shopper assistants (who happened to be a good friend.) She radio'd him, and told him to direct me to customer service, because I'd looked like I was going to steal something. Keep in mind, I was decked out in full hospital scrubs. Even if I tried to hide, the bright blue was easy to spot.

Another time, she was working a register, and I wanted to price match something. She directed me to customer service where there happened to be a line of about 20 people. I've never had to go to customer service to price match anything on the spot, they can usually do it right there at the check-out. Needless to say, I left her register, walked around until she left her register, and then I got another employee and asked him "Can I price match this at the check-out lines?" RIGHT next to her and she was walking by. He said yes, and I shot her a look of "You dumb b****." and price matched my item, and left.

I wrote a letter to corporate that day, and I haven't seen her at that store since.

[quote name='redshadow']On the other end of the spectrum though, we have a woman at the Simi Valley Best Buy named "Darla" who enjoys her job WAY too much. I was there to return a PSP one day, and I was walking through the aisles with one of the personal shopper assistants (who happened to be a good friend.) She radio'd him, and told him to direct me to customer service, because I'd looked like I was going to steal something. Keep in mind, I was decked out in full hospital scrubs. Even if I tried to hide, the bright blue was easy to spot.

Another time, she was working a register, and I wanted to price match something. She directed me to customer service where there happened to be a line of about 20 people. I've never had to go to customer service to price match anything on the spot, they can usually do it right there at the check-out. Needless to say, I left her register, walked around until she left her register, and then I got another employee and asked him "Can I price match this at the check-out lines?" RIGHT next to her and she was walking by. He said yes, and I shot her a look of "You dumb b****." and price matched my item, and left.

I wrote a letter to corporate that day, and I haven't seen her at that store since.[/quote]

Bravo, good sir.:applause:

As much as I love having a home town Videogame store I have to hate the customers and workers I see there daily. from customers swearing up and down that they kow they can get Banjo Kazooie on PS2 to hearing the owner telling people that they can play any GBC on N64 with a transfer pak.

...The other day there was a family that took a stack of Xbox games to the counter and told the owner that they were so happy that the Xbox games were cheaper than the Wii games because they had just got a wii for christmas and didnt have money to buy expensive games...

Argh people can be annoying.

Guy calls up and the following conversation ensues.
G:Hi, I was wondering if it'd be possible to return my son's itouch
M:Sure, so long as it's been within 90 days, he has everything it came with originally, and a receipt or knowledge of who bought it for him we can return it.
G: That's great, but the people who bought it for him live on the east coast so no recipt and we don't have their account.
M: That's too bad, we'll have to have some sort of info on the people that bought it.
G: I'm sure we can figure out something, one of his friends just showed him the new itouch that has a speaker built into it and wants to get that one instead.
M: Are you sure his friend didn't have an Iphone, I don't think the ipod touches have a speaker built into them?
G: No, I'm sure it was an ipod touch, we'll buy it somewhere else.

Another gal is in the store and has a cart and walks up to me
G:Hi, I want to get the two tv's for $2000 deal, where are they?
M: Online only.
G: So you don't have them here eh?
G: But I thought I could buy them here too.
G: Alright, maybe I'll check online for them.

Then there's always the multitude of people who somehow think it's alright to try to ask me questions when I'm already helping people and then somehow get into a tizzy when I actually ignore them till I'm done with my current customers. Or the people who somehow think that though I'm already on the phone with a person, that it is alright to try to talk to me. Or the people who think that I'm their personal shopping assistant and that because they weren't smart enough to buy the certain pair of earrings that they were looking at and they sold out, that I'm supposed to call the whole northwest to find it for them.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Argh people can be annoying.

Guy calls up and the following conversation ensues.
G:Hi, I was wondering if it'd be possible to return my son's itouch
M:Sure, so long as it's been within 90 days, he has everything it came with originally, and a receipt or knowledge of who bought it for him we can return it.
G: That's great, but the people who bought it for him live on the east coast so no recipt and we don't have their account.
M: That's too bad, we'll have to have some sort of info on the people that bought it.
G: I'm sure we can figure out something, one of his friends just showed him the new itouch that has a speaker built into it and wants to get that one instead.
M: Are you sure his friend didn't have an Iphone, I don't think the ipod touches have a speaker built into them?
G: No, I'm sure it was an ipod touch, we'll buy it somewhere else.

Another gal is in the store and has a cart and walks up to me
G:Hi, I want to get the two tv's for $2000 deal, where are they?
G: So you don't have them here eh?
G: But I thought I could buy them here too.
G: Alright, maybe I'll check online for them.

Then there's always the multitude of people who somehow think it's alright to try to ask me questions when I'm already helping people and then somehow get into a tizzy when I actually ignore them till I'm done with my current customers. Or the people who somehow think that though I'm already on the phone with a person, that it is alright to try to talk to me. Or the people who think that I'm their personal shopping assistant and that because they weren't smart enough to buy the certain pair of earrings that they were looking at and they sold out, that I'm supposed to call the whole northwest to find it for them.[/quote]
The new iTouches actually do have speakers built in, but that doesn't excuse the rude behavior of the customer saying he'll go to a different store.

And lol at the other quote

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']The new iTouches actually do have speakers built in, but that doesn't excuse the rude behavior of the customer saying he'll go to a different store.[/quote]

They do? that's weird then because I've done a search and found nothing, and when I was talking to him about it, he had made sure that he bought it this christmas and we'd only had the 2nd generation iTouches at the time. I was aware that the iphones have speakers built into them though.

[quote name='sonderiaom']They do? that's weird then because I've done a search and found nothing, and when I was talking to him about it, he had made sure that he bought it this christmas and we'd only had the 2nd generation iTouches at the time. I was aware that the iphones have speakers built into them though.[/quote]
Any iPod Touch since September has them (I think thats 2G) built inside

Other day we had a lady drive to our store (About 50miles travel) if what she said was true to get a Wii, When we told her we have been sold out since before Christmas and that our company said Nintendo's supply was dry for a short while. She went ballistic on us saying that She works for Nintendo, And that we have Wii's we just wont sell them to her. The claimed we are probably hiding Wii fits from her as well. Said some more nastys and then marched out of our store....

I dont think we got a single word in Edge wise during that whole thing other then Nintendo ran out shortly before X-mas... check back next week...

And on that topic, I really dont understand the people calling us at 8pm or later to ask if we have Wii's esp on Weekends ... If you want a danm Wii, Be there in the morning on a weekday or at least call in the morning...

[quote name='YoshiFan1'] Just because I say right away we don't have an item doesn't mean I don't know or don't feel like helping the customer (they sometimes think that as well). I just don't want to waste time looking for something I know we don't have and never had.[/QUOTE]

I hate that too- you'd think people would like having well-informed employees around. (Actually, I know it's not that, it's 'your answer inconveninces me, so I'm going to assume you're wrong'.)

We had a lady do that on the phone recently- "Do you carry those lil' round sprinkles in sliver?" Employee checks with me, I say no, she tells her that. "Could you check please?" Employee puts her on hold and tells me she wants us to check. We don't need to check- metallic nonpareils are one of our most asked-for items, so I know we don't carry them- we have edible metallic powder and glitters, but that's as far as the shiny foodstuff goes.

We left her on hold for a couple minutes, then picked up and told her again we didn't have it.

If you aren't going to trust the employees, why even call in? Come check yourself.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I

We left her on hold for a couple minutes, then picked up and told her again we didn't have it.

If you aren't going to trust the employees, why even call in? Come check yourself.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I used to do this all the time when I worked at Sears. Sometimes I just knew we didn't have what the customer wanted, other times I was just too lazy to go look. It really did depend what mood I was in that day.

[quote name='rcannon']LOL, I used to do this all the time when I worked at Sears. Sometimes I just knew we didn't have what the customer wanted, other times I was just too lazy to go look. It really did depend what mood I was in that day.[/quote]
That is why, myself and others, as consumers do not trust "retail employees", and in most cases treat you like shit.

[quote name='neocisco']Oh, that makes it all OK then.:roll:[/quote]
From my perspective it does make it OK. I know all the time that I'm getting deceived because some lazy employee doesn't want to check the back for me. Or is to lazy to punch some numbers into a computer. And on the rare occasion that I do get exceptional help I make sure to treat them with respect, thank them, and in some cases mention to their manager how they are doing a good job.

[quote name='Run L1ke H3LL']From my perspective it does make it OK. I know all the time that I'm getting deceived because some lazy employee doesn't want to check the back for me. Or is to lazy to punch some numbers into a computer. And on the rare occasion that I do get exceptional help I make sure to treat them with respect, thank them, and in some cases mention to their manager how they are doing a good job.[/quote]
So, you know when an employee is being lazy and doesn't just happen to know off hand that something is not available? You decide to hand out kindness and respect whenever you feel someone is exceptional? Sounds kinda like you might decide to be nice just when you're in a good mood. Granted, the poster you responded to that said he would sometimes be lazy... yes, there are these people in retail, probably a lot of them. But I try to give everyone the same respect and courtesy, especially those in retail, until I really feel jerked around. As someone whose been on both sides of that counter, I can't tell you how many times I've known off the top of my head the answer to a question, sometimes before the customer even finished asking it. Some questions get asked a lot, some stuff I just happen to remember (perhaps I unloaded the box or did inventory on that particular item). Sometimes I was wrong, but most times I was right. But I am the type to get wholly involved in what I do, no matter what it is; it's not an active thing, I just become more interested in things I have to deal with each day, so I end up learning and knowing a lot about those areas.

I can tell you this though: whenever I was behind that counter, the littlest bit of kindness or respect went a LONG way. If a customer took the time to be courteous, I took the time to give them 110%. Usually even when they weren't asking for any real help, if they were cool, they got coupons, discounts, etc. I like to think other people in retail feel the same way I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back