Retron 5 $39.99 at Urban Outfitters

jgibbons83

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted yet. Sorry if it's old news. Just picked up a retron 5 for $40 at Urban Outfitters. It wasn't out on the floor. They had to get it from the back. I called first to make sure they had it. Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
The retron dumps the japanese version from the cart. What you do to create the english patch is get the japanese and english rom. You then can use Lunar IPS to create an IPS patch from the english version/.
Sounds like a complex process but cool to see that you can do that. Thanks for the tip! I'm tempted to pick up Mario RPG now on Super Famicom.

I can't exactly confirm this as I've only bought Famicom/Super Famicom games that were Japan only but supposedly if you insert a Japanese game that has an English version, it will dump the English version instead of the Japanese version. But yeah, who would create an English patch for a game that has a localized version already? I mean, unless the original translated script was really butchered or something.

Games are also translated through IPS patches. If you have an SD card, you place them on there and when you insert the game, you can apply the translation patch in the game's settings.

Oh, and in the end I decided it wasn't worth the gas to drive over to my stores so if MD/DC has any, it's all yours. I could have called, but I have no free time this weekend. :p
I check the one in Montgomery mall md. They don't have it. I would like to have this since I have like 20 gba games, but don't want to waste time trying to find it. What area are u from Chris? If anyone picked up extra, I have a brand new sealed mass effect 3 collector edition xbox 360 and persona q 3ds sealed with cd.

I check the one in Montgomery mall md. They don't have it. I would like to have this since I have like 20 gba games, but don't want to waste time trying to find it. What area are u from Chris? If anyone picked up extra, I have a brand new sealed mass effect 3 collector edition xbox 360 and persona q 3ds sealed with cd.
I'm in Western MD so the one in Bethesda and northern Virginia are all quite a drive for me. I was going to call them on Friday and check with them (but you should) but decided not to since I have a lot of bills going out soon. Gas alone wouldn't make this a deal for me unfortunately - especially since I already have one. But more power to you if you find one in our state.

I'm in Western MD so the one in Bethesda and northern Virginia are all quite a drive for me. I was going to call them on Friday and check with them (but you should) but decided not to since I have a lot of bills going out soon. Gas alone wouldn't make this a deal for me unfortunately - especially since I already have one. But more power to you if you find one in our state.
Good to see a follow md around. I have so much stuff i don't know what to do with it. I got bills and no time to search. I was in the mall hoping to get one since I heard this can do 720p?

I love mine, the ips patch feature is great.  I've picked up a bunch of Japanese games off of eBay.  Using Lunar IPS as stated works for the games that have an english release and no patch (the Japanese version of Terranigma cost me $13 and I patched it with the European version).

My haul so far

Jhze038.jpg

Which one did you go to... And you bought them all so no point in going now.
I did get all of the ones where I went, which was the Urban Outfitter in the Miracle Mile shops in Planet Hollywood. There is another Urban Outfitter in Vegas at Fashion Show Mall. I did not call them or go there, so they could possibly have some left.

As an aside for those asking if I would sell them one, I bought the other two as gifts for friends, sorry.

As an aside for those asking if I would sell them one, I bought the other two as gifts for friends, sorry.
I purchased 6, they were gifts for my friends too (just I haven't ever spoken to them and they will be paying me via PayPal when they win the eBay auctions).

Still looking to buy if anyone is interested in selling. Also have some bonus stuff I could throw in. Just send me a PM. 

Well I do more than believe I know my wholesale cost is 105+shipping and at this time I would love to save 15$ on cost.

Good to see a follow md around. I have so much stuff i don't know what to do with it. I got bills and no time to search. I was in the mall hoping to get one since I heard this can do 720p?
Agreed. Not many from MD on here. Has anyone tried the one in Chinatown, DC?

I'm in southern California , attempted to post about picking one up earlier last week but the registration for the site was broken .

Visited the Irvine store got lucky and they had two left

if anyone is interested I picked up the last two in the socal area according to the sales rep .

keeping the one with the beat up box , and plan to either give it to my little brother out in New Mexico for Christmas or if a fellow CAG member is interested pm me a offer . 

bread's done
Back