Rewarding Achievements - Confirmed!

Well, when I was waiting for my gamerscore to refresh, since everything else on the site was working, I tried to log off and back in, but of course, I now can't get back in.

EDIT: Found my way back in. First, make sure you are logged out of xbox.com (the regular xbox site). Then, go back to xbox.com/rewards, and click on register, even if you are already registered and just can't sign back in. When it gets to the form to register again, do not continue, just go back to xbox.com/rewards. I was then logged into my account, and then able to mark the challenge as completed.

No matter what I do I'm automatically logged in when I go to Xbox.com/rewards

And then the site refuses to load.

:cry:

fuck YOU MS!!!!

Ok, I signed up. Forgive me if this was asked before, but what do I do from there?

I clicked the challenges and rewards page, where it says to join the challenge. I'm guessing I'm level 1, do I need to sign up somewhere for the level 1 challenge or will it automatically put me there, and if I get past 4,999 by April 12th (doubt it) it will automatically put me at level 2?

w00t! Opened a new browser that didn't have my cookies, and followed the instructions given.

Worked!

EDIT: When I click "return to my xbox rewards" I'm stuck... oh welll.... I'll figure this out eventually.

FUCK!

This goddamn thing is so fucking annoying!

It will not load. Screw this shit, learn how to fucking design a website, MS.

It should be a free copy of FF2 for anyone who manages to log into the site.

1500 pts was do-able, but logging into xbox.com/rewards, too l33t for me.:roll:

Any word on how to claim the gamerpic for completing this? After all this, that thing should be a badge of fucking honor right about now. To posters above, if you are always signed in, try going to login.live.com and signing out there. If that works, try signing back in with "Always ask for email address and password selected," then log back out again.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Any word on how to claim the gamerpic for completing this? After all this, that thing should be a badge of fucking honor right about now. To posters above, if you are always signed in, try going to login.live.com and signing out there. If that works, try signing back in with "Always ask for email address and password selected," then log back out again.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't work.

You know what would work? MS getting their shit together.

Honestly, I expect this kind of shit from lesser companies, but Microsoft itself? Absolutely pathetic.

[quote name='JDMxB']The Old Spice Experience Challenge

Total participants: 1772

As of right this second....needless to say, there are still prizes to be had out there. Considering they are giving away 2,500 copies of FF2, not even 2,500 people have even SIGNED UP yet, let alone completed the 1500 pt task!

Hurry guys, you still can make it![/quote]

How do you see how many participants there are?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Doesn't work.

You know what would work? MS getting their shit together.

Honestly, I expect this kind of shit from lesser companies, but Microsoft itself? Absolutely pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Have them call me when they do something right when it comes to the internet.

I was able to get my initial registration in using the Wii browser, so if you can't get registered for rewards in general yet, you could maybe try that, might get lucky. But, after that, you still need to register for the specific challenge, which is the tricky part. If you can get as far as registering for rewards in general, I would recommend going to register again, as that will log you in with the rewards account, but not filling out any more forms, but going straight back to xbox.com/rewards, and hope that you are still logged in. Then, hopefully, you can click on the old spice challenge and accept.

[quote name='benjamouth']It should be a free copy of FF2 for anyone who manages to log into the site.

1500 pts was do-able, but logging into xbox.com/rewards, too l33t for me.:roll:[/QUOTE]

:lol: It took me less time to get the 1500 than it did to register.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: It took me less time to get the 1500 than it did to register.[/quote]

If only it'd let me register, I'd be in the same boat, thanks to MLB 2K6 and the BK games.

You can actually track how many people have completed the challange on MyGamerCard.net.

36 people have finished so far, most are Lvl3, infact I think there was only one at Lvl 2.

I got through everything except joining the challenge. I click on "join challenge" and it just sits there.

This is horrible.

The 'annual gamerscore' they're using for the first iteration of this program must be your current score, because I seem to be in tier 3, and a decent chunk of my points were around launch.

Not like it's going to do me any good, I don't think I'll be finishing before they run out of the 'special' prizes (2500 copies of FF2, MS points etc.). Hell, they'll probably be gone by the time I get off work this evening :lol:. The quantity is a bit disappointing, but not surprising; I wouldn't mind a free copy of Contra though.

it's funny because I could care less about Fuzion Frenzy 2, probably would never play it. If I wanted Contra I would of just bought it when it came out. 200 points isn't really a lot and I'd probably wear the Old Spice T Shirt once.

Yet I spent an hour trying to register and even went as far as mapping out how I'd get the 1500 points between games I have and easy achievements.

I fell for the hype!

[quote name='rsigley']it's funny because I could care less about Fuzion Frenzy 2, probably would never play it. If I wanted Contra I would of just bought it when it came out. 200 points isn't really a lot and I'd probably wear the Old Spice T Shirt once.

Yet I spent an hour trying to register and even went as far as mapping out how I'd get the 1500 points between games I have and easy achievements.

I fell for the hype![/quote]

Yep, me too, I couldn't agree more. At least from now on I'll know this probably isn't worth bothering with and not make any special effort.

I feel sorry for people who rented or bought stuff to boost their nerd points.

haha - I registered on the myrewards page but didn't realize you had to then sign up separately again just for the Old Spice Challenge. Damn you MS!

At least I only had gained 1360 achievement points before I realized my goof - I'd feel really stupid if I had done the whole 1500.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If only it'd let me register, I'd be in the same boat, thanks to MLB 2K6 and the BK games.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Good luck with that. Those BK games are a bitch when it comes to achievements. Pocketbike Racer was the easiest, but it still took a good 6 hours to get them. Sneak King is brutally difficult. I haven't even messed with Bumpin'.

risgley, I totally know what you mean. It's amazing what I'll go through to get something for free, or to earn a few bucks online.

I finally got it to work, using a different browser and the instructions on the Xbox.com forum.

Hopefully once I boost my score to 3885, I'll be able to get back to the site and click "I'm finished".

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: Good luck with that. Those BK games are a bitch when it comes to achievements. Pocketbike Racer was the easiest, but it still took a good 6 hours to get them. Sneak King is brutally difficult. I haven't even messed with Bumpin'.[/quote]

Curses, looks like I'll whore MLB 2k6, then figure something out for the 500 remaining.

Edit: Hopefully I can pick up some of the 500 on Gears of War and Rainbow Six.

[quote name='PyroGamer']risgley, I totally know what you mean. It's amazing what I'll go through to get something for free, or to earn a few bucks online.
[/QUOTE]

mmm... last I checked we were posting on Cheap Ass Gamer.com.

I rarely find the clearance items at Kmart, Target & Sears so I was all over this. :)

On a side note MyGamercard.net is tracking the contest. Only 37 people have finished(I was #5), and 99% of the people participating are level 3. So if you are in the lower levels you have a HIGH chance of winning right now.

[quote name='Corvin']mmm... last I checked we were posting on Cheap Ass Gamer.com.

I rarely find the clearance items at Kmart, Target & Sears so I was all over this. :)

On a side note MyGamercard.net is tracking the contest. Only 37 people have finished(I was #5), and 99% of the people participating are level 3. So if you are in the lower levels you have a HIGH chance of winning right now.[/quote]

Good news for me, but I need to find an easy game, that I own that has easy achievement points.

Last week, when the news broke, I thought it would be a good reason to play some games I've been meaning to beat, so I broke out King Kong, Prey, and Tomb Raider, had some fun with them. Then I needed points in bunches, so I simmed season of Madden while I asked my gf about her day. By 4 AM last night I was playing NHL 07 vs nobody with their goalie pulled. But...

mission-accomplished.jpg

[quote name='cleaver']Last week, when the news broke, I thought it would be a good reason to play some games I've been meaning to beat, [/QUOTE]

That was my plan as well. But knowing there weren't any exclusions the only way to win was to hit the easy pointers. I still have Rainbow 6 & Gears achievements left and was looking forward to doing those, but to have a chance at winning, those just wouldn't do.

So I wonder when they will send out prizes. After the end date or as people attain them?

So sad they still can't get the site to run...

And this is probably when the least number of people will be hitting the website.

I don't want to play anything until I sign up... Dammit M$!!!

EDIT: I just got to my profile on the Xbox Rewards website. Now I need to attempt to register for the challenge...

Second Edit: FINALLY!!! It took a while but now I can start getting these dumb points!!!

i just got my 1500, it says i got +0 when i check the reward spy. i know i joined the challenge, i hope i didnt goof up too. it was a bitch to get these 1500. now i can't even check the stupid reward site, becuase its down or something.

Does everyone realize that there's 70,000 prizes and over 10 million Xbox 360's out there? Doesn't that mean that less than one percent will get these crappy $5 prizes? And only 2500 Fusion Frenzy 2's? The game sucks to begin with, you'd lthink they'd want to trhow free copies out to populate more online players and more purchases.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i just got my 1500, it says i got +0 when i check the reward spy. i know i joined the challenge, i hope i didnt goof up too. it was a bitch to get these 1500. now i can't even check the stupid reward site, becuase its down or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same exact boat (reward spy says I got +0, but the Rewards website says I'm finished, although now I can't check the Rewards site). This shit is about to start giving me a headache :bomb: .

[quote name='benjamouth']You can actually track how many people have completed the challange on MyGamerCard.net.

36 people have finished so far, most are Lvl3, infact I think there was only one at Lvl 2.[/QUOTE]

Looks like 56 people have finished now.

Hmm, my roommate's gamertag is under the people who finished on MGC (and he did it around noon), but mine is still where is was before he was done (and i finished at 4:30 this morning.

[quote name='hwong3']Does everyone realize that there's 70,000 prizes and over 10 million Xbox 360's out there? Doesn't that mean that less than one percent will get these crappy $5 prizes? And only 2500 Fusion Frenzy 2's? The game sucks to begin with, you'd lthink they'd want to trhow free copies out to populate more online players and more purchases.[/QUOTE]

I think it is less than 1%. It says 70,000 prizes, not prize packs. Therefore every level 3 winner gets 5 prizes of their 70,000 number.

I think I successfully registered but I haven't click the old spice thing yet. When I go to xbox.com/rewards I get
Error
Sorry we are very busy at the moment, please try again later.

I've been trying most of the day. I need all the time I can get because it will probably take me a while to get the 1500pts.

[quote name='ryan838']I think I successfully registered but I haven't click the old spice thing yet. When I go to xbox.com/rewards I get
Error
Sorry we are very busy at the moment, please try again later.

I've been trying most of the day. I need all the time I can get because it will probably take me a while to get the 1500pts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the general consensus is that the entire contest is "error."

Stopped by the video store, but they didn't have any easy-achievement titles, so I'm stuck with what I've got. The Godfather and Viva Pinata.. haven't done much with either of them, but I imagine those are going to be quite time consuming to finish.

Boo.

bread's done
Back