Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

[quote name='Scorch']What, because I said it was out of stock? It was out of stock and then it came in stock.. that's hardly being "owned".[/QUOTE]
When you post like you think you're the shit, yes, it is.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']When you post like you think you're the shit, yes, it is.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get in the middle of this, but was this post really necessary?

[quote name='GunPanther']As you can see, I have no love for the DP forums, especially since they have jerkoff moderators who freely ban users just because those users being banned don't agree with what the moderators are thinking. In other words, their moderators are thinking "Don't like my opinion? THEN I'll BAN YOU!!!!11!!!! muahahahaha!!!!!!".

GunPanther[/QUOTE]

Of course you have no love for DP. You were a total jackass in the forums there and nobody liked you.

And like Successful Dropout said, the OP posted this on on other game message boards with the same coupon code, so quit your bitching.

[quote name='resonatorxl']I don't want to get in the middle of this, but was this post really necessary?[/QUOTE]

For any other user, likely not.

But, obviously you're not familiar with Scorch's "role" here--if someone gets an opportunity to dish a little back, be certain that person is going to take full advantage.

Well, after contemplating I decided to order at least Rhapsody.
I've been really wanting Rhapsody and now I can purchase it brand new at a price I'm willing to pay. I might even cave and get Persona 2, if it doesn't go out of stock.

BTW, there is only 24 copies left now of Rhapsody. So, whoever still wants it should jump on it now.

Thank you so much to the OP as well.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Well, after contemplating I decided to order at least Rhapsody.
I've been really wanting Rhapsody and now I can purchase it brand new at a price I'm willing to pay. I might even cave and get Persona 2, if it doesn't go out of stock.

BTW, there is only 24 copies left now of Rhapsody. So, whoever still wants it should jump on it now.

Thank you so much to the OP as well.[/QUOTE]

Persona 2 is a much, much better game, if that has any impact on your decision.

[quote name='defiance_17']For any other user, likely not.

But, obviously you're not familiar with Scorch's "role" here--if someone gets an opportunity to dish a little back, be certain that person is going to take full advantage.[/QUOTE]

Heheh well, I have seen Scorch dish it out a few times but I've also seen him be extremely helpful to other CAGs. Regardless, just wondering if it's necessary to have a flamefest in this thread.

got my copy just now. i guess atlus doesnt usually put sony seal sticker on top of the CD/DVD cases. rhapsody doesnt have one, and it was same with makaikingdom for ps2.

[quote name='phantomer']got my copy just now. i guess atlus doesnt usually put sony seal sticker on top of the CD/DVD cases. rhapsody doesnt have one, and it was same with makaikingdom for ps2.[/QUOTE]

No, it should have one, I am very sure of it. That pretty much confirms it that thes one we are getting are reprints. (Not GH though)

Did it come factory sealed or shrinkwrapped ?

hmmm.....i thought ALL the older games had the sony seal sticker. It has just been in recent times they don't have the sony seal sticker. Or thats what i thought, might be wrong.

[quote name='phantomer']got my copy just now. i guess atlus doesnt usually put sony seal sticker on top of the CD/DVD cases. rhapsody doesnt have one, and it was same with makaikingdom for ps2.[/QUOTE]

I bought my copy of Rhapsody 3 or 4 years ago brand new, I specifically remember it having a Sony seal on the top. (I would remember if one didn't).

Rhapsody does come w/ a seal.

rhapsody2.jpg

if someone here found a sealed copy of rhapsody at an EB or GS, they would have probably picked it up and probably bragged about it here. so quit bitching; buy it if you want it and don't if you don't want to.

god i hope it's not a reprint. i want the soundtrack

What's the date on the back?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Rhapsody does come w/ a seal.

rhapsody2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that a copy you got from GameQuest or one that was already in your collection?

[quote name='vietgurl']refurb? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Just an out there and more than likely false scenario of Atlus getting them back as defective or something, refurbing them, and then resealing them.

[quote name='vietgurl']refurb? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

More than likely false, but maybe they were defectives that were refurbed/ replaced
and resealed by Atlus or even a distributor.

It has to be a reprint then. The newer ps2 games don't come with the tape label on top. Also, they're doing this with the ps1 games too. I was at fry's the other day and saw FF Chronicles GH, 3 of them didnt have the label, but 3 of them did.

[quote name='phantomer']game is factory-sealed, without sony seal sticker on top. and yes game's black, soundtrack's silver.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

[quote name='phantomer']game is factory-sealed, without sony seal sticker on top. and yes game's black, soundtrack's silver.[/QUOTE]

this sticker thing stumps me. games came with the stickers until recently so either these are not brand new or they just got reprinted...

could you possible take some pics of the back of the box up close and the discs label side up and post them? thanks

It's possible it's a reprint. Atlus seems to be on a reprint kick as of late, although they never mentioned any PS1 games, but who knows? I've noticed some PS1 games have quietly been reprinted fairly recently.

[quote name='bradr']Is that a copy you got from GameQuest or one that was already in your collection?[/QUOTE]

Picture of a sealed Rhapsody on Ebay before this fiasco.

[quote name='Sulmona']those fuckERS at gqd[/QUOTE]

GameQuest Direct has pulled this sort of crap before. Anyone remember the $50 Resident Evil 2 for GameCube? A LOT of people bought those at $50, GQD claimed that they found a box in the basement but it WAS reprinted as Game Express still has copies available for $28. So the next time a "rare" item pops up in massive quantities at GQD, think twice about it (especially when the OP of the deal works/owns GQD).

If you can't tell the difference between the reprint and original than its not such a big deal for an opened copy.

[quote name='bradr']GameQuest Direct has pulled this sort of crap before. Anyone remember the $50 Resident Evil 2 for GameCube? A LOT of people bought those at $50, GQD claimed that they found a box in the basement but it WAS reprinted as Game Express still has copies available for $28. So the next time a "rare" item pops up in massive quantities at GQD, think twice about it (especially when the OP of the deal works/owns GQD).[/QUOTE]

I guess I don't understand all of the righteous fury. They could have held on to all the copies and leaked them onto eBay over a slow period of time and maximized their profits by selling them at absurd amounts of money per sealed copy. Instead, they put a bunch on their site at more or less retail. How is this so evil again?

Because if it is a reprint, it will be available at other places, and possibly for much less. It's just a shady business practice to claim a warehouse find when the truth is they received early shipments of a reprint.

Their decision though. Once (RE2) is a fluke. Twice is a pattern. I know for sure that the next time GQD has a seemingly great deal, there will be dozens of people flooding the forums with negative reactions.

bread's done
Back