Richmond VA CAGers

[quote name='sterlingice']Just moved here from the Kansas City area and you can see some of my handywork in the Kansas CAG thread

Hope to be contributing shortly (tho I won't be traveling nearly as much as I did for that job) :)

SI[/quote]Welcome! I hope you enjoy Richmond!:D
Target on Forest Hill has several copies of LO and Grid behind glass for 41.98. They also have Bioshock behind glass. I'm trying to hold out on Grid for another drop or 2.
Also saw FF12 :ps2: (non-GH) for $9.98 IIRC.

Wanted to check out Targets for clearance stuff this week, particularly :ds: Ninja Gaiden and :ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Went to the one on Parham and Staples Mill and struck out completely. Saw a lonely copy of Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii but it still scanned at $24.98 so I let it go. I think this was also the store where I saw the Guitar Hero dual pack but it was still high (~40) as well. They had a couple of copies of Kane and Lynch for $10.

Then went to one down on, I think, Staples Mill and Broad- the one they're gutting. I picked up the last copy of Ninja Gaiden for $8.xx, no FFCC. Also, I've seen a couple of external hard drives go clearance at a couple of stores the last couple of weeks and this is no different. They're a little high for what they are right now in my book since I don't need one but others may find value. There's a WD 120 or 160GB (I forget) for $49.XX and an off-brand 300/320/360 (again, I forget) for $69.XX. This store had both of those. They tend to be in with the computer stuff rather than on a clearance end cap.

Has anyone seen FFCC or a price dropped copy of FFTA2 around town?

SI

Staples Mill had Ninja Gaiden down to $8?? Last time I went it was $25 :( Argh.

As for multiplatform games (IE Kane and Lynch) could you guys make sure to specify platform? I'd hate to go all that way if it's not for the PS3 :)

Sorry about that- yeah, it's the PS3 version. But it's out on the discount games area (they have a whole aisle that's just games under $20) and not on a clearance endcap or in a case.

SI

I was able to score the only copies I saw of Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword :ds: for $8.74 and FFCC:RoF :ds: $9.98 at the Brandermill Target on Monday morn. The other Target (Forest Hill) I visit has been out of both games for a few weeks now.

Shoot, I wish I could find a :360: version of Kane & Lynch.

Richmond, VA-Monday Morning Target Run:
All below are :360: games unless otherwise noted:
GRiD dropped to $29.98
PopCap Arcade Vol. 1 dropped to $4.98
Scene It! dropped to $29.98
20 gb :360: HDD for $24.98
Singstar 80s :ps2: $9.98
Condemned 2: $9.98
Madden 08 still hovering @ $14.98

Richmonders feel free to PM for more details.

[quote name='sterlingice']Went to the one on Parham and Staples Mill and struck out completely. Saw a lonely copy of Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii but it still scanned at $24.98 so I let it go. [/quote]

Went back yesterday and it had dropped to $12.XX so I picked it up :)

Still a lot of USB hard drives here but they're still one drop away from being a good deal.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Went back yesterday and it had dropped to $12.XX so I picked it up :)

Still a lot of USB hard drives here but they're still one drop away from being a good deal.

SI[/quote]Damn! I was looking for that one too. :lol: Nice find! Congrats. Saw Bully :wii: for $7.48 a day ago at the Brandermill Target. I didn't buy it so it might be there.

Oh, that one had a ton of copies of Mario Kart for the Wii in stock. Still haven't seen too many copies of that running around.

SI

Alright...so who here bought up all the copies of Buzz! :psp: at the Quioccassin Road TRU?! I was going to get that with the B2G1 promo damnit! :lol:

How's the selection there? I was planning on hitting them this evening or tomorrow to pick up a couple of games if something strikes my fancy. Or are things already picked over?

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']How's the selection there? I was planning on hitting them this evening or tomorrow to pick up a couple of games if something strikes my fancy. Or are things already picked over?

SI[/quote]
I called to make sure Buzz! would be there. I was told that they had it in stock but are now out of stock.:roll: I should have called yesterday I guess. I might run over there during lunch to scope it out if I have a chance. If I do, I'll report back what I find. It does sound like things may already be picked over though.
/me shakes fists in the air. :lol:

I was curious if they stocked the recently GH'd :ps2: Disgaea and :ps2: Okami. Also, I was considering :ds: N+ and :ds: Hotel Dusk among others. Just some collection hole fillers- nothing really exciting.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I was curious if they stocked the recently GH'd :ps2: Disgaea and :ps2: Okami. Also, I was considering :ds: N+ and :ds: Hotel Dusk among others. Just some collection hole fillers- nothing really exciting.

SI[/quote]
I'll PM you with details if I make it over there. :)

No luck on TRU last week for me :(

Did go to Gamestop and picked up a couple of things from the B2G1 used.

Went to the Target on Brook Rd, just north of 295 yesterday. Didn't see any new game markdowns at all. However, the hard drive I had been checking on fell to $50 for an off-brand 320GB so I couldn't resist. They had 1 more left on the shelf.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']No luck on TRU last week for me :(

Did go to Gamestop and picked up a couple of things from the B2G1 used.

Went to the Target on Brook Rd, just north of 295 yesterday. Didn't see any new game markdowns at all. However, the hard drive I had been checking on fell to $50 for an off-brand 320GB so I couldn't resist. They had 1 more left on the shelf.

SI[/quote]
Ah good! I'm glad you found one close to you.

Hell, after what fettmaster posted in the Target thread, is it any wonder we have no posters in this thread...

That said, I'll keep posting but I will probably be a little more vague or maybe post games without locations.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Hell, after what fettmaster posted in the Target thread, is it any wonder we have no posters in this thread...

That said, I'll keep posting but I will probably be a little more vague or maybe post games without locations.

SI[/quote]
I hear ye.:cry:

[quote name='sterlingice']Thanks for the help via PM :D

SI[/quote]Anytime. :D I'll provide any local active CAGer with info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be glad to try and contribute some. I check 1 or 2 Target's at least every 2 weeks, usually, but there isn't much there ever. I support the PM idea to help people get things they want and not feed ebayers/flippers!

Mitch was friendly but he WOULD NOT STOP HITTING ON MY FRIEND. She seriously got CREEEEEEEPED out. This was when he was near Kroger and Lombardy.

Hey! I've been registered here at CAG for a while but just decided to start and get active. I live in the Fan.

My gamertag is Gavin DuPavin on 360.

IM is fettmaster.

I got lotsa games, tons of dvds, willing to trade, willing to play, willing to chill!

And yes, I snagged lotsa Lost Odysseys, but I DO have extras, guys! Just hit me up. I'm not greedy, I just impulse bought them. I've got like 2 sitting right here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fettmaster']Hey! I've been registered here at CAG for a while but just decided to start and get active. I live in the Fan.

My gamertag is Gavin DuPavin on 360.

IM is fettmaster.

I got lotsa games, tons of dvds, willing to trade, willing to play, willing to chill!

And yes, I snagged lotsa Lost Odysseys, but I DO have extras, guys! Just hit me up. I'm not greedy, I just impulse bought them. I've got like 2 sitting right here.[/quote]2 questions:
How much?
and
Which Targets did you "clear out"?

I managed to find a copy of Lost Odyssey at the VA Commons Target, I think they had a copy of Grid for $15 (360) there.

I can confirm that there are no copies of LO at either of the Broad St. Targets or the one on Staples Mill. I did also see a bunch of 5 pack wide or college ruled notebooks for 12 cents (per 5 pack).

One great find I did have today was the Audiovox "Rugged" 8" portable DVD player for $38.

Just one! I was stuck out near Petersburg in Colonial Heights, and they had a whole bunch of them on a rack, and I just...bought them. This was before I even had learned of the Target clearance thread! I've already traded 4 copies of Lost Odyssey, one may be spoken for, and I have one left.

I got PSP / DS / 360 / PS2 / small amount of rare-ish GC stuff avail...I just haven't made a list.

The Forest Hill Target had 2 GTA IV special editions last night, I passed on them. They're behind the glass cases, on a clearance rack. They've also got NBA 08 for 360 I believe, and FF12 for 5 bucks.

I haven't been to the Libbie Square one...I just lucked out at some random one 30 minutes from home. I wasn't trying to scam CAGers, I just thought I got lucky!

Also, the target inventory database website says Lost Odyssey is in stock at the Chester location. So if you're up for a 20 minute drive....?

Haha, I'm from Chester. Too bad I'm in college at Charlottesville now... :/ (Go Hoos.)

Will it still scan at the clearance price even if it is not marked for clearance?

Fellow Richmonder here. Signed up about a year ago but just got into this site recently.

I hit up Targets and Walmarts and such looking for decent clearance games i dont have. Always looking for Wii, PS2, and GC games. Usually Ill only post on games I actually do find, since I know there are quite a few horders in this area (somebody bought up all those 320gb usb hard drives over 1 weekend at my local Targets).

Maybe Ill see some of you around!

Seems like some of the Targets in the area have reorganized their electronics dept a bit. Some of the clearance items were either moved or removed. Though they did have what looked like some display digital cameras and camcorders on clearance at the Commonwealth store.

looked like they moved them behind the game displays, like a couple rows off to the side for them. there were clearance items at the 3 i had been to, though most of it was picked clean well before i even got there, so it is likely almost completely empty by now.

Nothing really going on at the Toys R Us on Quioccasin. Picked up a Wii Wheel and the last Wii Zapper I saw (with Link's Crossbow training). No Wii Points cards.

Also, didn't get any games as they didn't have the newly GH'd Okami or Disgaea for the PS2 or Hotel Dusk for the DS.

SI

Went to the Midlothian TRU later on this afternoon. They had a few Wii points cards and I picked two up in case something on the virtual console floats my way. They also had 5ish copies of Geometry Wars for the Wii and I picked up one of those, too.

Still none from the three I wanted for the B2G1, tho :(

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Went to the Midlothian TRU later on this afternoon. They had a few Wii points cards and I picked two up in case something on the virtual console floats my way. They also had 5ish copies of Geometry Wars for the Wii and I picked up one of those, too.

Still none from the three I wanted for the B2G1, tho :(

SI[/QUOTE]

i am guessing you met my brother today then. he is the cashier in the electronics at the midlo TRU.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']i am guessing you met my brother today then. he is the cashier in the electronics at the midlo TRU.[/quote]

Cool. There were a three or four people there in the electronics section so it was a busy day for them. :)

I got lost on the way there since I had printed out a Google map and then forgot it at home :p

Anyways, I'm kindof underwhelmed by both of the TRU's in the area. They have small R Zones so that doesn't leave much of an opportunity for many games :(

I may check out some Targets and, in particular, Circuit Cities this week. I think I'll grab Mario Kart to go with my Wii Wheel and Mario Galaxy since I don't already have either and I can't think of a third Wii game I really want to get at full price. Maybe Zelda or Boom Blox but I already have Zelda for the Gamecube and Boom Blox seems like one of those games destined for a cheap clearance. Any other full price Wii games worth getting (as I already have SSB, Metroid, and Wii Play for the additional controller)?

SI

Was at my Target on Staples Mill around 6 this evening. Hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and a bunch of their clearance stuff I had been watching wasn't just sold, it had been rearranged as if it had never been there. Sounds like some of the other stores in town had the same happen.

Nothing exciting on clearance. However, they did have 3 or 4 Wiis as of a couple of hours ago and I still see those very rarely.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Was at my Target on Staples Mill around 6 this evening. Hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and a bunch of their clearance stuff I had been watching wasn't just sold, it had been rearranged as if it had never been there. Sounds like some of the other stores in town had the same happen.

Nothing exciting on clearance. However, they did have 3 or 4 Wiis as of a couple of hours ago and I still see those very rarely.

SI[/quote]

Yeah that is what I noticed at the Commonwealth and Midlothian stores as well. Though there was an extra endcap for clearance, the reorganization got rid of some of the stuff I was looking for on clearance.

Most of the time you wont see it at Goodwill because of the 'Goodwill ladies'. Two ladies that park themselves in front of the door where they bring out new mechandise on the days that Goodwill puts out the Target stuff. They fill their carts with just about everything and then go through it later. Goodwill horders. I have seen them pick over 3 different Goodwills in the area, there may be more though.

[quote name='sterlingice']Any idea when they bring in new stuff to Goodwill?

SI[/quote]

Depends on the store, usually Tuesday and Thursday sometime during the day.

The No More Heroes copy I was eying at the Staples Mill Target was gone this week. It was 20.XX the week before and it needed to drop one more time before I snagged it.

SI

Was up at the Target at Short Pump this afternoon, getting some post-Halloween half off candy and ran by electronics. They had a bunch of copies of :ds: Elite Beat Agents for 20.XX and they had Wii's in stock

SI

bread's done
Back