Right Stuf Geneon Remix Sale (DEAD)

furyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
www.rightstuf.com Geneon DVDs. Click on the search that says Geneon Remix in the top right corner to see what's in the sale and what isn't.

10 for $50 Coupon Code: REMIX10
25 for $100 Coupon Code: REMIX25

You must have the specified amount of DVDs for this to work.

Suggestions? Need filler? Here's some DVDs.

1 DVD Filler: Akira Deluxe Edition, Artimage Double Pack, Patlabor Movie 3 XIII LE, Para Para Mix 1, 2, 3 (CDs) Yuki Kaijura's Fiction (CD, she does all the music for .Hack, Noir, etc...), either Hellsing soundtrack.
2 DVD Filler: Magical Project S 1-2
3 DVD Filler: Tsukihime Lunar Legend 1-3, Someday's Dreamer 1-3

Other series suggestions:
Legend of Black Heaven: 1-4
Paranoia Agent: 1-4
New Getter Robo (with artbox): 1-4
Read or Die TV: 1-7
Gungrave: 1-7
Last Exile: 1-7 (with CD or artbox & figure)
Fighting Spirit: 1-13, 15 (Missing volume 14)

Need a different suggestion (or want me to add one), ask in the thread!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Well then, I have good news for you - R.O.D The TV focuses a great deal more on its characters, and while there's a fair amount of action, it's definitely not as non-stop as the OVA. Several episodes near the beginning of the series are very much slice-of-life, and it's these episodes that I love the most. The characters are super-endearing, and it's a joy to watch them interact with each other.

Oh, you like Slayers... that explains it - I find Slayers to be the very *pinnacle* of mediocrity, and most of its fans seem a bit... off. But you did mention Utena, so I suppose I can forgive you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I would really enjoy ROD the TV then. The premise was certainly interesting enough, I think perhaps the OVA just did not have enough time to flesh everything out properly and thus fell back on flashy action sequences that sent me to sleepyland.

That's a pretty arrogant thought train in regards to Slayers. Not that I really know of anyone else that likes Slayers to defend them or compare... Slayers was the first anime series that I tried to actively collect back on VHS and therefore it has a special place in my heart because of that reason. The three tv series were very enjoyable fluff (with Try having the most silly filler). I do agree that the OVAs and movies were horribly mediocre and were boring.

Then again, I also liked Rune Soldier and the first season of Those Who Hunt Elves... and Dragon Half. All whacky fantasy. Other shows I remember really loving were Ceres, Celestial Legend, Kaliedo Star, Princess Tutu, Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess, Escaflowne, Gunslinger Girls, Pretear..maybe that will redeem me, or even damn me even more? Who knows? I have weird tastes in anime it seems.

[quote name='kittycatgirl2k']Sounds like I would really enjoy ROD the TV then. The premise was certainly interesting enough, I think perhaps the OVA just did not have enough time to flesh everything out properly and thus fell back on flashy action sequences that sent me to sleepyland.

That's a pretty arrogant thought train in regards to Slayers. Not that I really know of anyone else that likes Slayers to defend them or compare... Slayers was the first anime series that I tried to actively collect back on VHS and therefore it has a special place in my heart because of that reason. The three tv series were very enjoyable fluff (with Try having the most silly filler). I do agree that the OVAs and movies were horribly mediocre and were boring.

Then again, I also liked Rune Soldier and the first season of Those Who Hunt Elves... and Dragon Half. All whacky fantasy. Other shows I remember really loving were Ceres, Celestial Legend, Kaliedo Star, Princess Tutu, Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess, Escaflowne, Gunslinger Girls, Pretear..maybe that will redeem me, or even damn me even more? Who knows? I have weird tastes in anime it seems.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I should clarify that Slayers comment. I was thoroughly bored by the first series, but the last half of Next and Try weren't all so bad. And I *did* enjoy the characters... just not the scenarios they were put into. "Fluff" is an appropriate word for most of Slayers, I guess... I just didn't happen to enjoy it as much as you. It's just that most Slayers fans I come across freak out at the mention of Zelgadis or Crispin Freeman, and tend to enjoy shows that I consider to be incredibly mediocre, bordering on just plain bad. Perhaps I've just had an incredible string of coincidences with these people.

But hey, not only did you mention Utena, you mentioned Princess Tutu as well! That covers two of my three most favorite shows of all time right there. Anyhow, we're going off topic now, but after hearing that you enjoy character-driven stories, I think R.O.D The TV might be something you'd enjoy after all!

Hey, I love slayers, and about all of the shows that you've mentioned in your lists...

Anyway, I split an order with a friend of mine, he got 6 of the volumes of the Battle Athletes victory series, and 2 of the ovas, all four volumes of Jubei-chan 2, and I got all of Saiyuki Reload, and all of Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. (yeah I know, a weird closer, but I also considered geting Bottle Fairy, and Doki Doki School hours) will probably get ROD and the other two if I decide to order more, the reason I didn't get ROD the first time around is because I had already seen it and wanted to buy some shows I had not seen yet).

[quote name='Ndolger']This is only the third one. First was a Geneon sale, then the ADV one, and now the "remix" version with some new stuff that wasn't there last time (Magical Project S, Ultramaniac, Mahoromatic, Mao Chan, R.O.D., Dual, Fafner, Melody of Oblivion, Saiyuki Reload and some art boxes that weren't there before).[/quote]

Melody of Oblivion was in the first Geneon sale. That's how I got the DVDs to fill out my box.

Heh, this makes the 3rd rightstuf order I've made in the past month... (First was to preorder the 7th and 8th Slayers novels which will only be sold on-line - the second order was to buy the CLAMP no Kiseki sets that were horibly expensive but using their 30% off TokyoPop Sale they were more reasonable ... though I think by choosing free shipping and mixing pre-oroders (that extend until August) and items that were on order from manufacturer (practiaclly all of them)... I doubt I'll be seeing these anytime soon)

My girlfriend and I decided to go for the 25 DVD deal... hey, at $4 a piece with free shipping, its a pretty dang good deal.

Doki Doki School Hours Vol. 3 and 5 (They were out of 4)
Last Exile Vol. 1 - 7 (with box and Alvis Figure)
Star Ocean EX Vol. 1 - 6
Tenchi Muyo: Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special
Texhnolyze Vol. 1 - 6
Tsukihime Vol. 1 - 2 (3 Was sold out)

Anyone seen the ROD TV dvd 1 box set? Had the plastic book case and all? I bought it a few years ago but I can't even find it on eBay now. o_O

Anyways, they need a hentai sale like these :O Nowheres done that!

ooh same here...hasn't even shown up in my order status/history page yet but got an email saying it shipped today. Two days not bad. I remember a long time ago when I ordered from them I think it took around a week to get shipped.

I am still waiting for another order I made maybe two days before this sell to ship. Maybe they will just ship it in all in one huge box, I have spent far to much money on dvds this month time to catch up on watching them.

Broke down and made a second order tho i included some gifts for people i know :whistle2:D

Akira DVD (Hyb) Deluxe Edition
Armitage III: Dual Matrix DVD (Special Lunch Box Edition)
Burn-Up Scramble DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox
Captain Herlock (Harlock) DVD 1 (Hyb)
Captain Herlock (Harlock) DVD 2 (Hyb)
Captain Herlock (Harlock) DVD 3 (Hyb)
Captain Herlock (Harlock) DVD 4 (Hyb)

Demon Lord Dante DVD 1 (Hyb): Dante R
Fafner DVD 1 (Hyb): Arcadian Project
Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD
Gad Guard DVD 1 (Hyb): Lightning + Ar
Gungrave CD Soundtrack 1: Uno-Righthe
Heat Guy J DVD 1 (Hyb): Super Android
Last Exile DVD 1 (Hyb): First Move + Limited Edition
Melody of Oblivion DVD 1 (Hyb): Arran
New Getter Robo DVD 1 (Hyb): Rude Awakening w/box

the ones in bold are for me :whistle2:D

and i got confirmation that my first order shipped...GAH I LOVE TRSI!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Mine shipped as well.

Man, my wife is going to kill me when she sees this giant box of anime arrive >.

[quote name='Ndolger']

Some history:
First sale: Added some new stuff a few days before the sale ended: Ai Yori Enishi figures and art box, Someday's Dreamers, Ippo...
[/quote]

No to some of that. I got all of Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi with figuires and art box during the first day of sale. It probably went OOS and then they got more.

Anyways if someone gets soundtracks to Ai Yori Aoshi or Enishi they don't want send me a PM

Since many people may be cutting off their R.O.D. orders at volume 6, what's the best deal outside of this sale to get Volume 7 with artbox? It'll be hard to swallow at full price after knowing that one COULD have gotten it for $4, but I still might go for it due to obsessive completionist reasons.

[quote name='Brian9824']No to some of that. I got all of Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi with figuires and art box during the first day of sale. It probably went OOS and then they got more.
[/quote]

If that's true it must of been up for an extremely short time. I ordered within the first few hours of the sale.

I had actually already received my Enishi volumes before they put the ones with the figures up! So, instead of going through a hastling return I just eBay'd the Enishi volumes and bought the figures in another order.

In other news...shipping confirmations for two of my orders! Yay! Should be one hell of a giant box (I hope my mailman tries to HIDE it this time instead of leaving it IN FRONT OF MY DOOR).

[quote name='BustaUppa']Since many people may be cutting off their R.O.D. orders at volume 6, what's the best deal outside of this sale to get Volume 7 with artbox? It'll be hard to swallow at full price after knowing that one COULD have gotten it for $4, but I still might go for it due to obsessive completionist reasons.[/QUOTE]

24.99 at Bestbuy instore Kiosk.

[quote name='Ndolger']If that's true it must of been up for an extremely short time. I ordered within the first few hours of the sale.

I had actually already received my Enishi volumes before they put the ones with the figures up! So, instead of going through a hastling return I just eBay'd the Enishi volumes and bought the figures in another order.

In other news...shipping confirmations for two of my orders! Yay! Should be one hell of a giant box (I hope my mailman tries to HIDE it this time instead of leaving it IN FRONT OF MY DOOR).[/quote]

I take it back. I ordered 2 days after sale went up. Got mixed up with ADV one where i ordered about 4 minutes after sale went up

Still not wanting to order in fear of the ROD Vol 7 box coming back.

But I might just order anyway, and buy it if I ever find it on sale again.

Gah, I don't know. I'd die if I ordered Vol 7 and the box came back later.

OK, I'm pondering placing another order. These prices are just hard to beat... I looked at the suggestions in this thread, but most of the main ones I either already have or am just not interested in the genre (fighting spirit falls into this category; I just don't know how much I'd enjoy a sports series).

So I'd like some opinions on these :) :

Maharomatic
Ultra Maniacs

These are the main 2 I'm looking at. My wife and I enjoy the "lighter" stuff mainly, and judging by the style & reviews they look interesting. Here's some others that I'm less sure about:

Adventures of the Mini Goddesses
Doki Doki School Hours
Niea (the style of this one really interests me, but the mediocre review I read bothers me)
Stellvia

EDIT: I'm open to other suggestions too - here's a link to my anime collection (http://argylega.dvdaf.com/owned/anime), and I have ROD & Black Heaven on the way from my first order. Thanks!

Out of 50 DVDs three are backordered even though they still show as in stock on their website:

Neia Under 7 Vol 1
Fighting Spirit Vol 12
Tetsujin 28 Vol 6

I thought getting that getting in on this the first day this time around I wouldn't have to wait for my order. Guess I was wrong. Ah well. :bomb:

Aaron

Wow, my order already shipped- guess the CS lady wasn't kidding when she said it was too late to change ROD vol. 7 to vol. 1. So now I've got coming

Gad-guard 1-7 w/ box
Last exile 1-7 w/ box+ extras
Rumiko Takahashi Anthology 1-4 w/ box
ROD the TV 2-7 (*still trying to talk sis into getting her vol 1*)
Bottle Fairy OST

[quote name='georox']Anyone seen the ROD TV dvd 1 box set? Had the plastic book case and all? I bought it a few years ago but I can't even find it on eBay now. o_O[/QUOTE]

It's on Amazon for 15-ish. I personally prefer the regular big cardboard artbox, since I don't have to throw out the cases.

Odd, never thought of checking Amazon :O I don't throw the cases away, I just toss em on a different shelf for later.

Does anyone worry about waiting?

Im thinking about waiting a while for a paycheck later because all the items i want have at LEAST 300 left in stock, and my most wanted texhnolyze has a whopping ~1070 remaining in stock.

Would that be a bad idea?
I mean...the pros to that is that Anita figurine with the boxset coming back

and Cons...could they run out of that amount of surplus?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Does anyone worry about waiting?

Im thinking about waiting a while for a paycheck later because all the items i want have at LEAST 300 left in stock, and my most wanted texhnolyze has a whopping ~1070 remaining in stock.

and Cons...could they run out of that amount of surplus?[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to order til the ROD box gets in-stock. But if the things I want get less than 100 left, then I might be forced to make an order.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Does anyone worry about waiting?

and Cons...could they run out of that amount of surplus?[/QUOTE]
The worst thing that could happen would be that Rightstuf pulls the plug on the sale early at the request of Geneon, which is what happened with the ADV sale. I wouldn't worry too much about this, though - ADV did it in order to promote their own sale, which was substantially more expensive.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']"A man was beaten to death with a Chobits DVD today..."[/quote]

:rofl:

When asked why she bludgeoned her husband to death, the wife could only respond with the word "Chi." :rofl:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:rofl:

When asked why she bludgeoned her husband to death, the wife could only respond with the word "Chi." :rofl:[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='hero101']I'm pretty sure that they didn't update the website yet for that mystery deal. If you check the date (June 3rd = last Sunday). This is not revelent to the topic.[/quote]

Yeah, I see my mistake, haha. I don't know what I misread.

Probably going with Read or Die the TV, but not sure what to get for those remaining 4 (or 5 if I get Volume 7 with the box elsewhere) DVDs. Tenchi is out since I've basically seen it all already, and I already have Paranoia Agent. Recommendations?

Well, I just went with a second order. It was actually my wife, believe it or not, that pushed me over the edge - I asked her about it and she said "Sure, go for it." :p

pida1570v Battle Athletes DVD 1 (Hyb): On Your Mark.. 1 $0.00
pida1571v Battle Athletes DVD 2 (Hyb): Ready.. Get Set 1 $0.00
pida1572v Battle Athletes DVD 3 (Hyb) Go! 1 $0.00
pida7141v Battle Athletes Victory DVD 1 (Hyb): Training 1 $0.00
pida7143v Battle Athletes Victory DVD 3 (Hyb): Tragedy & Triumph 1 $0.00
pida7144v Battle Athletes Victory DVD 4 (Hyb): Spaceward Ho! 1 $0.00
pida7145v Battle Athletes Victory DVD 5 (Hyb): No Looking Back 1 $0.00
pida7146v Battle Athletes Victory DVD 6 (Hyb): Willpower 1 $0.00
pida7148v Battle Athletes Victory DVD 8 (Hyb): The Human Race 1 $0.00
geneonsale25 Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer (*) 1 $100.00
pida1131v Green Legend Ran DVD (Uncut) (Hyb) cc 1 $0.00
pd12122 Last Exile DVD 1 (Hyb): First Move + Artbox + Limited Extra 1 $0.00
pd11900 Mahoromatic 2: Something More Beautiful DVD 1 (Hyb): Maid in Training 1 $0.00
pd11901 Mahoromatic 2: Something More Beautiful DVD 2 (Hyb): Hectic Holidays 1 $0.00
pd11902 Mahoromatic 2: Something More Beautiful DVD 3 (Hyb): All Good Things.. 1 $0.00
pd11897 Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 1 (Hyb): Combat Maid 1 $0.00
pd11898 Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 2 (Hyb): Haunting Past 1 $0.00
pd11899 Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 3 (Hyb): A Warrior's Fate 1 $0.00
pd12197 Mahoromatic: Summer Special DVD (Hyb) 1 $0.00
pd12387 Ultra Maniac DVD 1 (Hyb): Magical Girl 1 $0.00
pd12388 Ultra Maniac DVD 2 (Hyb): Magical Friends 1 $0.00
pd12389 Ultra Maniac DVD 3 (Hyb): Magical Stone 1 $0.00
pd12390 Ultra Maniac DVD 4 (Hyb): Magical Feelings 1 $0.00
pd12391 Ultra Maniac DVD 5 (Hyb): Magical Transformation 1 $0.00
pd12392 Ultra Maniac DVD 6 (Hyb): Magical Love 1 $0.00
pd12393 Ultra Maniac DVD 7 (Hyb): Magical Ending 1 $0.00

According to dvdpricesearch.com, I should be able to get those 2 missing volumes of Battle Athletes Victory for a little less than $10/ea, so that's not so bad. And it looks like a few (showed 1 when I ordered, shows 2 now) of the Last Exile w/ box & extras just came back into stock. I got all of Last Exile in last year's sale, but this way I'll get the box & can probably trade the extra dvd in locally for at least $4. :p

[quote name='argyle']Well, I just went with a second order. It was actually my wife, believe it or not, that pushed me over the edge - I asked her about it and she said "Sure, go for it." :p

[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='Z-Saber']Probably going with Read or Die the TV, but not sure what to get for those remaining 4 (or 5 if I get Volume 7 with the box elsewhere) DVDs. Tenchi is out since I've basically seen it all already, and I already have Paranoia Agent. Recommendations?[/quote]There's a lot of good 4 volume sets in there.

Since you have the Haruhi guitar in your sig, I'd recommend Black Heaven for guitar playing and Doki Doki School Hours for the Azumanga'ish comedy.

[quote name='EXStrike']Melody of Oblivion was in the first Geneon sale. That's how I got the DVDs to fill out my box.[/quote]

Oh? Must of missed it then. I don't think it had an art box though last time.

Awww....lame Doki Doki School Hours is now missing vol 3. There goes that...Stellvia looks pretty healthy, and Ultra Maniac looks pretty stable thoughout all the volumes. Those are the only things that might push me to another order (as soon as vol 7 R.O.D. comes back). Fushigi Yugi got hammered it's missing 3 volumes.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The worst thing that could happen would be that Rightstuf pulls the plug on the sale early at the request of Geneon, which is what happened with the ADV sale. I wouldn't worry too much about this, though - ADV did it in order to promote their own sale, which was substantially more expensive.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't all ADV- there was a massive snowstorm in Iowa at the time of the ADV sale.

Considering Geneon has no sale-site of its own, I'm not too worried about things ending early.

I wish they would just restock Gad Guard Vol 4 so I can place my order looks like they replenished some of the other volumes.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The worst thing that could happen would be that Rightstuf pulls the plug on the sale early at the request of Geneon, which is what happened with the ADV sale. I wouldn't worry too much about this, though - ADV did it in order to promote their own sale, which was substantially more expensive.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan, i have till the end of this sale then... and since i start work this weekend, i can probably save up for it !

Yeah, I think I'll hold off until I pay off my first credit card bill (yay...) and my second payment for this semester's classes. That way, I can bankrupt my account... twice!

[quote name='Ndolger']Oh? Must of missed it then. I don't think it had an art box though last time.[/QUOTE]

It didn't- I scoured over Amazon for an artbox after that first sale, got one for $15, and when it came it had a side bashed in. :cry: But I kept it becuase the next cheapest one was $22. Seeing it in this sale kinda iks me. ;) (At least mine cleaned up good... I'm fairly handy at papercrafts.)

Holy crap...

I just got a bonus check and it was A LOT more than I expected even with taxes taken out.

Needless to say, I'll be placing another order with Rightstuf when I get back from them bank. :)

Ok, I placed one more order...

pd11939 Ai Yori Aoshi DVD 2 (Hyb): My Dearest 1$0.00
pd11940 Ai Yori Aoshi DVD 3 (Hyb): Hugs and Kisses 1$0.00
pd11941 Ai Yori Aoshi DVD 4 (Hyb): Truly Yours 1$0.00
pd11942 Ai Yori Aoshi DVD 5 (Hyb): With All My Heart 1$0.00
g52642 Ai Yori Aoshi DVD/CD Combo Box Pack (Hyb) 1$0.00
pd12315 Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi DVD 1 (Hyb): Fate + Artbox + Figure (Limited) 1$0.00
pd12303 Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi DVD 2 (Hyb): Bond 1$0.00
pd12304 Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi DVD 3 (Hyb): Destiny 1$0.00
pd12615 Bottle Fairy DVD 1 (Hyb): Spring & Summer 1$0.00
pd12616 Bottle Fairy DVD 2 (Hyb): Autumn & Winter 1$0.00
pd12228 Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 15 (Hyb): One Step Further 1$0.00
pd12395 Human Crossing DVD 1 (Hyb): The 25th Hour 1$0.00
pd12396 Human Crossing DVD 2 (Hyb): The Cicadas of Winter 1$0.00
pd12397 Human Crossing DVD 3 (Hyb): Message in White 1$0.00
pd12398 Human Crossing DVD 4 (Hyb): The Instructor's Rain 1$0.00
ta19048 Interlude DVD (Hyb) 1$0.00
pd12476 Koi Kaze DVD 1 (Hyb) 1$0.00
pd12477 Koi Kaze DVD 2 (Hyb): Budding Attraction 1$0.00
pd12478 Koi Kaze DVD 3 (Hyb): The Decision 1$0.00
pd11897 Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 1 (Hyb): Combat Maid 1$0.00
pd11898 Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 2 (Hyb): Haunting Past 1$0.00
pd11899 Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 3 (Hyb): A Warrior's Fate 1$0.00
pd12197 Mahoromatic: Summer Special DVD (Hyb) 1$0.00
pd12167 Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 1 (Hyb): The Paper Sisters 1$0.00
pd11731 Tenchi Muyo: Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special DVD (Hyb) 1$0.00

DuelLadyS, if you can't work out anything with your sister, then I did get that volume one of R.O.D. TV if the offer still stands. If you did work something out with her, that is fine too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
I just got a bonus check and it was A LOT more than I expected even with taxes taken out.
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to George Bush's America.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Welcome to George Bush's America.[/quote]

All I'll say is what I received is better than nothing, especially considering I have been at this job only five months, but they taxed the bejeezus out of it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']All I'll say is what I received is better than nothing, especially considering I have been at this job only five months, but they taxed the bejeezus out of it.[/QUOTE]

Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?Whatjob?[/quote]

College bookstore manager.

bread's done
Back