Desert Punk DVD 1 (Hyb): Enter the Deser 3.00
Chobits DVD 7 (Hyb): Chat Room 7.00
Chobits DVD 6 (Hyb): My Only Person 7.00
Chobits DVD 5 (Hyb): Disappearance 7.00
Chobits DVD 4 (Hyb): Love Defined 7.00
Chobits DVD 3 (Hyb): Darkness Descends 7.00
Chobits DVD 2 (Hyb): The Empty City 7.00
Chobits DVD 1 (Hyb): Persocom

Didn't help that my fiancee is as into anime as I am. :p A friend of mine has raved about Ergo Proxy, so I couldn't pass it up at that price. I've been very interested in Desert Punk for a while now - shame the middle 2 disks were sold out. Gilgamesh my fiancee really wanted, and Chobits we both wanted (I've seen it all, she's seen only half).

Also ordered the missing Gilgamesh vol. 3 from Amazon's marketplace for about $7 shipped.

Mospeada, Genesis Climber DVD Box Set (S) $13.00
Human Crossing DVD 1 (Hyb): The 25th Hour $3.00
Human Crossing DVD 2 (Hyb): The Cicadas of Winter $3.00
Human Crossing DVD 3 (Hyb): Message in White $3.00
Human Crossing DVD 4 (Hyb): The Instructor's Rain $3.00
Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions Set (2-discs) DVD (Hyb) 5.1/DTS $3.00

Total $28 + $8 shipping = $36

Didn't find enough for free shipping, but that's a pretty killer deal for new copies of Human Crossing, something my wife's been looking for for a long time. Bebop will be a nice stocking stuffer for my brother-in-law, and Mospeada is for me.

I thought of finally picking up My-Hime. But sadly they are out of the first volume. I could still get the rest there and buy the 1st DVD separately but that would come out to about the same price as the My-Hime Anime Legends collection. So I'll just wait for another Bandai sale and save money and space by picking that up instead.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I was about to say the same. It's easy to find without a link to it here.

The only that sucks is that I bought My-HiME volumes and two IGPX voulmes Sunday. If I had waited until today I could have saved $14 on those.[/quote]

Same, I mostly bought what you go.

Ikki-Tousen DVD 2 (Hyb): Historic Battles
Ikki-Tousen DVD 3 (Hyb): Water Wars
Ikki-Tousen DVD 4 (Hyb): Fighting Fate
Madlax DVD 1 (Hyb): Connections + Artbox
Madlax DVD 2 (Hyb): The Red Book
Madlax DVD 3 (Hyb): The In-Between
Madlax DVD 4 (Hyb): Elda Taluta
Madlax DVD 5 (Hyb): Convergence
Madlax DVD 6 (Hyb): Sacrifice
Madlax DVD 7 (Hyb): Reality
Vandread DVD 1 (Hyb): Enemy Engaged
Vandread DVD 2 (Hyb): Nirvana
Vandread DVD 3 (Hyb): Great Expectations
Vandread DVD 4 (Hyb): Pressure

All for $71 :D

First time using this site, and I gotta say the prices are fantastic. How often do they have these crazy sales?

damn you right stuf. this deal was too good pass up.

Chobits DVDs 1-7
Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) 9-15 and champion road
guyver 1-7 and artbox
total 120 $

oh and for all those who want to get chobits better get on the ball there are only 7 copies of chobits dvd 4 Remaining.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I want to get chobits, but IDK if they're gonna go down more.[/QUOTE]

aren't they OOP, along with everything else Geneon? That's one of the reasons I went ahead & picked them up.

Desert Punk DVD 1 (Hyb): Enter The Desert
Desert Punk DVD 2 (Hyb): The Desert Duo
Desert Punk DVD 3 (Hyb): Vixen of the Desert
Desert Punk DVD 4 (Hyb): Desert Dung
Desert Punk DVD 5 (Hyb): Under the Desert
Desert Punk DVD 6 (Hyb): Death of the Desert
Xenosaga DVD 1 (Hyb): Enter the Gnosis
Xenosaga DVD 2 (Hyb): Voices From the Past
Xenosaga DVD 3 (Hyb): Free Will

Total = $53.98

i might go back and order all of the Gungrave DVD.

Gilgamesh certainly sounds interesting... I can't buy anything else though. I already feel like I've spent too much buying Best Student Council, Strawberry Eggs, and My-Hime complete sets, as well as the last 4 Heat Guy J DVDs. I'll wait for another sale.

Yeah. I'm on the fence for the heat guy J series for ~$23. Looks pretty good. I'd get last exile if the discs were $3 each not $6.

FMP? Fumoffu! #1-4
Gatekeepers 21 #1-2
Getbackers #2-3
IGPX #1 + T-shirt
RahXephon #1 + T-shirt
Goemon #1 (For my step-brother)
At $51 shipped. Thanks, OP. The t-shirts were the best deals. DVD + t-shirt for $6 each. :D

[quote name='shivaedge']
First time using this site, and I gotta say the prices are fantastic. How often do they have these crazy sales?[/QUOTE]

The 'crazy' sales aren't terribly frequent... but 40% sales run almost every other week, and the 12 Days of Christmas sale is coming up- there's usually a great deal or two in there every year.

I do not remember Rightstuf having a blowout like this for at least 4 or 5 years. They basically have 40 % off sales pretty often. I used to get wholesale pricing from them and the sale prices are usually a better deal. Once a year they do a 10/$50 or 25/$100 sale, but I think that was on Geneon DVDs only in the past...They may have done it for ADV too, but I only kept the emails (other than my orders) from Dec 2004 to now.

i have a question about anime, how are the following shows and are there any rarer volumes?

Kodecha
Speed Grapher
Suzuka
Beck
Peach Girl
Angel Tales
Moon Phase
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai 7
Hoop Days

Darn, I missed out on spiral vol. 1 with artbox. They're sold out of this now. Anyone pick up an extra and want to sell it to me? PM me. Thanks.

*edit*
They randomly get things back in stock! I just picked one up.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn it, why can't gankutsuou go down more!!

anyway picked up
air gear 1-6 with artbox
RahXephon 1-2 with artbox
RahXephon Movie Limited Edition

55 shipped

[quote name='ya0']damn it, why can't gankutsuou go down more!!

anyway picked up
air gear 1-6 with artbox
RahXephon 1-2 with artbox
RahXephon Movie Limited Edition

55 shipped[/QUOTE]

The RahXephon movie artbox is really nice. I got it a few years ago at the FYE anime clearance. (although many of those prices look like rip offs with the current pricing we find)

[quote name='slowdive21']I do not remember Rightstuf having a blowout like this for at least 4 or 5 years. They basically have 40 % off sales pretty often. I used to get wholesale pricing from them and the sale prices are usually a better deal. Once a year they do a 10/$50 or 25/$100 sale, but I think that was on Geneon DVDs only in the past...They may have done it for ADV too, but I only kept the emails (other than my orders) from Dec 2004 to now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the sales have been Geneon twice and ADV twice. The bargain bin usually has pretty good prices 5-7 new dvds and the like, this sale though just went to the crazy discounting level. It's a good idea, move out of alot of dead product.

In for a bunch of stuff:

Chobits DVD 1 (Hyb): Persocom
Chobits DVD 2 (Hyb): The Empty City
Chobits DVD 3 (Hyb): Darkness Descends
Chobits DVD 5 (Hyb): Disappearance
Chobits DVD 6 (Hyb): My Only Person
Chobits DVD 7 (Hyb): Chat Room
Kannazuki No Miko DVD 1 (Hyb): Solar Priestess + Artbox
Kannazuki No Miko DVD 3 (Hyb): Destiny Eclipsed Limited Edition
Scrapped Princess DVD 1 (Hyb): Family Ties + Figure (Limited Edition)
Scrapped Princess DVD 3 (Hyb): Traveling Trouble + Figure (Limited)
Scrapped Princess DVD 4 (Hyb): Spells and Circumstances + Figure (Limited)

Figured I'd get Chobits now that its out of print. I wanted to get AMG! S2, Comic Party, and Comic Party Revolutions, but they were all sold out.

[quote name='Grico']Yeah the sales have been Geneon twice and ADV twice. The bargain bin usually has pretty good prices 5-7 new dvds and the like, this sale though just went to the crazy discounting level. It's a good idea, move out of alot of dead product.[/quote]

Yep.

It's probably good we didn't see anymore sales like that. I don't think it was a conicidence these sales occured as Geneon and ADV were both imploding.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yep.

It's probably good we didn't see anymore sales like that. I don't think it was a conicidence these sales occured as Geneon and ADV were both imploding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at the very least the sales were made possible by the companies having way too much back stock of dvds that needed to be blown out. We might see another sale like this for Funimation at some point, as they seem to have some dvd backlog with things appearing at biglots and the like. Getting rid of your backstock through a rightstuf sale would seem to me to be more effective than the big lots method.

It seems that things come in and out of stock. Check back if something you really wanted was out of stock. I checked back today and Spiral vol. 1 with art box and the comic party box set were back, so I made a 2nd order.

Yeah, Best Student Council is back with over 100 of every volume but 2 (I think, maybe it's 3, I forget) which is still OOS.

I'm really going back on forth about Gilgamesh. On one hand it seems really interesting, but on the other hand I've enjoyed light-hearted anime thus far so I'm not sure if this would be my thing, and I really shouldn't spend the money after what I've bought already.

Air Gears looks good too but it seems to be OOS for a few volumes.

I wish My Hime had come back in stock last night when I ordered my other stuff...Uggh. Well, if Getbackers vol.4 comes in or To Heart comes back in stock, I'll need to make a second order. @_@

FYI if you call rightstuf they are good about swapping discs in order if it hasn't shipped. Had em do it for one of the things I ordered. Also the art box with disc 1 of My-Hime is a joke, don't worry about it, the art box for Volume 7 makes up for it by far. If anyone is intrested they actually delayed Volume 7's release to design a better artbox since the fans complained so much over the first one.

My final snag was all of Guyver, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, Girls Bravo, Ah my Goddsess Season 2(minus one disc), and Xenosaga

I've made two orders so far, debating on another one:

1 $14.00 * fun08230 Baki the Grappler DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb)
1 $14.00 * fun08221 Baki the Grappler DVD Box Set 2 (Hyb)
1 $8.00 * pd12280 Dokkoida!? DVD 1 (Hyb): Ultra Diaper
1 $6.00 * pd12282 Dokkoida!? DVD 2 (Hyb): Mega Mania At
1 $6.00 * pd12283 Dokkoida!? DVD 3 (Hyb): The Lost Acti
1 $6.00 * dupv001 UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie DVD 1 (Hyb):
1 $6.00 * dupv002 UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie DVD 2 (Hyb):
1 $6.00 * dupv003 UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie DVD 3 (Hyb):

Total Amount: $66.00

Quant Price Item Code Description
----- ---------- --------------- -------------------------------------
1 $6.00 * dcyb001 009-1 DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 $8.00 * dcybbx1 009-1 DVD 2 (Hyb) + Artbox
1 $6.00 * dcyb003 009-1 DVD 3 (Hyb)
1 $7.00 * pd11989 Chobits DVD 7 (Hyb): Chat Room
1 $6.00 * dcrs001 Coyote Ragtime Show DVD 1 (Hyb): Fox
1 $8.00 * dcrsbx1 Coyote Ragtime Show DVD 2 (Hyb): Clif
1 $6.00 * dcrs003 Coyote Ragtime Show DVD 3 (Hyb): Fall
1 $12.00 * fun02347 Rumbling Hearts DVD Box Set (Hyb)

Total Amount: $59.00

I was going to buy the complete Le Chevalier D'Eon series but I hesitated and most of the volumes went OOS. They were back a few hours ago, but no box now. :( I'm just going to wait until the slimpak release, truthfully I seriously need the shelf space. :eek:

Almost bought Best Student Council too, but, again, shelf space is a concern right now. The slimpak was only a few dollars more @ DVDPlanet after 25% off so I went with that instead, though it is OOS at the moment.

I don't know when I'll have time to watch all this stuff. >_

I see Tenchi Universe, look it up to make sure I had the right continuity, and think "sweet.. I liked this show when it was on Toonami like ten years ago, maybe the whole series for $24 isn't too bad." Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.. wait..

:bomb::bomb::bomb:WHERE'S 6??! >.

Heh, I realized after I placed my order that there's a 6th volume of Ergo Proxy that they didn't even have listed. I still would have bought the first 5 for that price, mind you - but I'm gonna have to try to track down a good price on 6 now. Maybe my local FYE or MovieStop has it used for a decent price.

Are all Geneon discs out of print for good, now? If I want R.O.D. TV, should I buy it now? I really want that series, but $11 a disc is just too much.

[quote name='Rocko']Are all Geneon discs out of print for good, now? If I want R.O.D. TV, should I buy it now? I really want that series, but $11 a disc is just too much.[/QUOTE]

its sooo worth it though

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I wish My Hime had come back in stock last night when I ordered my other stuff...Uggh. Well, if Getbackers vol.4 comes in or To Heart comes back in stock, I'll need to make a second order. @_@[/QUOTE]

Same here. I gave in and placed a second order though.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']My suspicion is that for high demand series they'll be reprinted in a couple years.[/QUOTE]

Once licensing agreements with Geneon expire the original makers can sell them to a different US company, so it really is quite possible. It can be hard to predict what anime will still be considered popular enough for a new boxset in a few years however.

[quote name='hero101']MY Hime?[/QUOTE]
Decent, definitely worth the price, though not as good as some people make it out to be.

[quote name='hero101']Is Le Chevalier D'Eon any good?[/QUOTE]
YES!! :whee:

[quote name='Brian9824']FYI if you call rightstuf they are good about swapping discs in order if it hasn't shipped. Had em do it for one of the things I ordered. Also the art box with disc 1 of My-Hime is a joke, don't worry about it, the art box for Volume 7 makes up for it by far. If anyone is intrested they actually delayed Volume 7's release to design a better artbox since the fans complained so much over the first one. [/quote]

Yeah, I got the art box for volume 1 and 7 for this sale (because of the t-shirt in volume 1). The volume 1 box is like a half-step up from the paper thin box from the Grenadier economy box set.

[quote name='Rocko']Are all Geneon discs out of print for good, now? If I want R.O.D. TV, should I buy it now? I really want that series, but $11 a disc is just too much.[/QUOTE]

For things like this, I always compare to Amazon.com to get a feel for the current 'going price' to know if it's worthwhile. At the moment, a used copy there (of any random volume) would be about as much a new copy from TRSI does now.

It's a hard pill to swallow, knowing they've been made cheaper in the past- but, if you really wanna be sure you get the whole series (without prowling around Ebay/Amazon), now's not a bad time to do it. It really is a good enough show to warrant the cost- and there is some interest in the pencil boards that randomly pop up in the DVDs, since basically no one got a whole set right off the bat... you might be able to make a couple bucks back if you get any.

I'd just sit on it till you're sure and watch the counters- since it is so pricey compared to the other titles, you've got some time to think/wait for a payday.

[quote name='"hero101"']
Is Le Chevalier D'Eon any good? [/quote]

Definitely.

And, if anyone who ordered that gets the paper wrap-around for volume 5 (those gold-embossed ones with the diamond-shaped opening on the front)... PM me, I need it! Mine didn't come with one and it looks terrible next to the others :cry: I've got a spare Last Exile vol.1 and a copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Dreamcast (Game+manual, not original case) I'd trade for it, or we can work something out.

[quote name='hero101']Is Le Chevalier D'Eon any good?[/QUOTE]

Definitely.

And, if anyone who ordered that gets the paper wrap-around for volume 5 (those gold-embossed ones with the diamond-shaped opening on the front)... PM me, I need it! Mine didn't come with one and it looks terrible next to the others :cry: I've got a spare Last Exile vol.1 and a copy of Resident Evil: Code Veronica for Dreamcast (Game+manual, not original case) I'd trade for it, or we can work something out. ;)

If anyone s thinking about getting any case closed dvds. Be careful of the ones with the big titles that say cartoon network on them.
I picked up a bunch in this sale and just worked out that they are from 2 different releases, and the episodes do not line up. The cartoon network ones only have 3 episodes on them while the other ones with the thinner, longer logo have double that.

So what I am trying to say is that 1.1 from the cartoon network release will not match up to the 1.2 from the new release and you will end up missing 3 episodes.

I think they only have a couple from cartoon network in stock right now, 1.1 ,4.3, 4.4, and 4.5, but try not to get those. They will not match up to the newer release discs that can be denoted by having a longer , thinner "case closed" title in them, and are missing the "cartoon network" logo on them.

bread's done
Back